EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[OPEN TO ALL] ~The Hunt Beings Anew...~

(Note: Continued off the events of ~This Thread~ and is connected to my other projects as well. Thank you all very much in advanced!)

Two weeks passed.

The man called Zack Blaze beat him fair combat, battle.

He was stronger than me...DAMN it all...

There was no way of knowing how much time had passed since Zack Blaze had knocked Nosdyn out. It didn't matter, he'd lost fair and square. When his consciousness started to resurface from the abyss, he found himself in an alley alongside The Minister's Alehouse. He growled, his whole body in massive amounts of pain. He'd never even seen the flashy finishing move that cocky bastard had done on him. It didn't matter. I lost... Nosdyn Krotar found himself laying alongside the rest of the trash, little more than a forgotten and beaten bum.

It did not matter to him that Zack Blaze had robbed him of all of his gold.

That mattered very little.

"You're lucky." A bum called out to Nosdyn.

Nosdyn rubbed dried blood off the side of his face. He slowly got up and looked at the homeless guy. "Mooks dumped you out here after that Zack Blaze fella kicked yer ass."

"How long ago was it?" Nosdyn's eyes were focusing at that point.

"Two weeks have passed since that night, things been hectic here in Stonevale. You've missed quite a bit." The bum looked up at Nosdyn. "I'd ask ya for a spare coin but I know you don't have anything."

Those words hurt even as the bum chuckled dryly at him. It was that point it had dawned on him that Zack Blaze had ALSO robbed him of his gold. "Fuck me." Nosdyn swore. "He took all my money."

"Could have killed you too, kid." The bum responded. "Yer lucky to be alive."

[b]"I suppose I do owe him that much."[/i] Nosdyn said carefully. He looked at the bum square in the eyes. "What's your name?" Nosdyn asked.

"Karl." He responded back. "Why do you ask?"

"I'd like to hire you for a job. Karl." Nosdyn extended his hand towards the bum.

"But you're broke." Karl responded with a frown. "Are you fucking with me or something?"

"I don't need money to pay you. I can provide you with food and a place to get cleaned up and a place to stay." Nosdy said. "Come with me."

"Hell. I was getting tired of sitting around all day anyhow. I suppose follown' ya wouldn't be so bad." Karl took Nosdyn's hand and stood up from his spot in the rest of the trash pile.

"Le'ts go. I have to get things sorted when you and I are both cleaned up I have to talk to William Blake about posting my job offer." Nosdyn explained.

"What sort of job ya thinking?" Karl asked. He thought he'd given up the adventurin' life long ago.

"We're gonna hunt beasts in Brokenthorn Forest." Nosdyn explained.

Karl's eyes flashed with interest at that point. "Now we're talkin'." Karl said calmly. "Ready when you are...BOSS." Karl said with a grin.

Nosdyn and Karl both emerged from the alleyway alongside The Minister's Alehouse. People were going about their daily business, it was mid-afternoon on a Wednesday when they both left the alleyway together. The townsfolk looked at Nosdyn calmly and without fear. Since the Scara Braeans were a study lot. One of the townsfolk spotted Nosdyn with Karl.

"Glad you're back with us. You were left for dead." The girl said calmly.

"Well...I'm not dead yet. Have a hang over from Hell though." Nosdyn sighed. "Is William Blake in town?" Nosdyn asked calmly.

"He is currently on an errand to the kingdom of Scara Brae, the castle proper. But he left guards in the barracks that would be pleased to see you've recovered." She said. "Go ahead and talk to them when you get a chance to." She looked down towards Karl.

"S'matter girly? Ya ain't never seen a bum before?" He flashed her a grin.

Nosdyn shook his head. "Let's just go to my place. We'll sort things out there as we go." Nosdyn said and nodded towards the girl. He and Karl then proceeded to walk towards Stonevale proper, leaving The Minister's Alehouse behind and it's painful memories.

^Enter here with Karl and Nosdyn walking towards Stonevale itself.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 07-25-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    “How dare you?!”

A teenage boy held his companion, another kid, as he fostered a bloody nose. A brunette girl shouted from the sidelines, “We were just minding our own business!”

Standing firm, lowering a muscled arm, a redheaded girl around the same age scoffed, “Yeah right!”

Behind her, an elderly man was bending over a spilled basket of apples, several stones surrounding him.

The redhead pushed some of the shorter hair from her face, “Terrorizing an elder for fruit?”

The boy holding his friend spit on the ground. Apparently, the redhead found the local troublemakers. The brunette scowled, “We will do what we well please, stranger! Don't tell me you’re one of those hero wannabes who stirs up trouble?"

The redhead smirked.

The girl growled, kicking up light, cloudy dirt as she fumed in place. The sun beat down in Stonevale’s marketplace. Many people formed a crowd around them, nervously eyeing the fight. The smells of fresh pies, baked breads, and sweet deserts all slammed into the redhead’s nose. Soon, the smell of blood would follow. She squinted her green eyes, watching the group throught the burning sun rays as the girl darted towards her.

The brunette drew a switchblade from her pocket, exposing the bright steel blade to the burning sun. Instinctively, the redhead ducked and dodged. She steadily took paces back as the bandit swung, obviously untrained in her wide swings, which left her vulnerable and exposed. The redhead waited until an unusually long swing was made, then soundly kicked her stomach. The girl was floored, the wind knocked out of her as she grasped her stomach, moaning in pain. The boy holding his comrade put him down, pulling a farmer’s hatchet from his waistline.

“Really?” the opposing girl sighed, slumping in place, “Are you going to murder me where kids are wa-“

“-Shut up!” the blond haired boy raced at her, his axe raised in a sloppy swing. The redhead ducked, then brought herself up to him. She grabbed his shirt. He clumsily dropped his weapon as she headbutted him, then threw him to the ground. A giant goose egg would be left on his head,, but she would hardly suffer the same damage. She was half neanderthal, and blessed by the Thaynes themselves. She could take far more punishment than your average troublemaker here.

As people muttered and whispered from the sidelines, she wiped her hand off, turning to the elderly man with a smile, “Need help?”

The white haired human looked up with tired eyes, but a gracious smile. Then, her smile dropped. She turned around in haste, punching the kid with a nose bleed yet again, then tripping him. She knew better than to let down her guard in a fight. She eyed the three with stern, firm eyes and tight lips, then turned back to the elder. She smiled again, bending down to help him put the fruit in the basket. As she helped, her sword clinked at her hip. She wore a bright purple top which came down to just above her knees. She wore leggings that had come down to her ankles, but she cut them to knee level earlier due to the heat. A heavy satchel was at her hip, a quiver full of arrows at the other. On her back, not one but two bows rested. Another, larger kit was strapped over her shoulder. All this baggage was heavy under the heat.

She helped the man up, then handed him his basket with a sweet grin. He smiled weakly, “Thank you, miss. You just restored my faith in your generation.”

She nodded, her ponytail bouncing. Then, she looked around. The crowd had dissipated now, only a small stream of shoppers stopping by the nearby bakery and farmer's market. As the man walked away, he sighed, They stay for a fight but won’t lend a hand to an elder…

She simply stalked on over to the bakery. The middle aged baker watched her with glowing eyes, his mustache twitching, “Those kids have been snooping around for weeks, causing trouble wherever they went. Thank you for taking care of them!”

Her dark eyes met his piercing blue. The blond baker smile joyfully, “Take anything you want on the house! You’ve earned it!”

Her expression immediately lit up upon the offer of free food. Almost immediately, she eyed a large chocolate cake with syrup drizzled, strawberries and cool whip pilled on top. Her stomach rumbled just looking at it! The smell made her mouth water. She pointed, “That one!”

The baker looked bewildered, “Tha-that’s enough to feed a whole family! It’s jumbo sized!”

The redhead smirked, “My stomach is family sized.”

The baker shook his head, then brought the cake down to her level. Her eyes widened, an almost disturbing laugh emitted from her lips. Upon receiving the fork, she immediately dug in. Shaded by the stand's canopy roof, she could not have been any happier! The baker was alarmed at the speed up which she was devouring it. “Hey, kid?”

With chocolate smeared on her face, she looked up, “Felicity.”

“Felicity,” the man watched as she immediately started on the cake again, “Say, you must be experienced despite your age! You must'nt be afraid of anything!”

Her pace slowed for just second, her chewing on a juicy strawberry slowed. A single thought crossed her mind, I… know fear like nothing else.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 08-19-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 785, Level: 1
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 1,215
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,215

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    "Unit inquires the value in sitting here."
    Spark mobile wasn't usually so questioning of its IPC counterpart... but they'd been up here for hours, merely staring at the town residents below.

Spark actual sat on top of a two story building, not even bothering to raise the hoodie anymore. Unit has already revealed itself...
    It hesitates, before slowly answering the tiny robotic cat sitting on its shoulders.
    "Simple. This unit wants to observe basic behaviors of the organics within this realm."

"You didn't get enough of an observation from the bar conflict and the theft incident within the tavern?" Spark mobile inquires, buzzing loudly. "...By the way, unit inquires, did you even bother to self inquire what happened to the tiny female organic that was arrested for your sake?"

The text on Spark actual's monitor scrolls up a little faster as it seems to think.
    "Negative. This unit doubts they'll run into any real trouble."
    It pauses, before:
    "This unit doesn't appreciate organics trying to enslave it."

Spark mobile buzzes. "If this unit had more time to converse and elaborat-"

But Spark won't have it. "You elaborated just fine. They did not listen. This unit is not abandoning Maxwell. And neither are you."

"Do not imply this unit was going to leave the Creator for another. This unit was actually created by Maxwell, based on your personality. They found you in a dumpster."

Both robots buzz, and fall silent for a few minutes.

Spark mobile eventually breaks the silence.
    "...Weren't you going to go look for a library, or allies of a sort? You would likely gain more information from one of those two sources than this."

"A little later, when it is quieter. As taverns and bars appear to be just slightly less violent than the Cyberiad, this unit needs to find another source... as far as allies go."

However, it slowly begins to climb down from the house. A few heads turn to look, eyebrows raising at the sight of the robot. When it's managed to reach the ground, it starts to slowly filter in with the rest of the crowd... although still gaining looks.

"...As this unit was stating from earlier, however, if they remain there..."

"This unit doubts they'll be locked in the prison for long. It's a small barfight and a few minor damages. They'll likely pay a fee and be out within a few days, a week at most."

"You don't know how the law of this realm works, yet."

Spark actual is about to offer a retort, but a shout causes both synthetic's attention elsewhere.

"Terrorizing an elder for fruit?"

The two eye a nearby crowd forming. With a beep of curiosity, they soon join it.

They soon set optics on a rather sudden fight. A female organic pitted against two adolescent organics... all three with deadly weapons of a sort. Spark actual emits a soft ping.

"This really is like the Cyberiad at times." it comments.

Spark mobile, however, isn't as amused.
    "The Cyberiad would have likely exploded by now. Literally. Security would have swarmed from the hallways, blasting taser bolts and stunbatons. Probably a few laser rifles for good effect."

Spark actual doesn't say anything, merely watching as the redheaded female organic proceeds to trash the opponents with ease.
    "Perhaps they could be a suitable ally."

"Perhaps. But you should properly examine those you intend to make friends with first." Spark mobile tilts its head as it scans the organic in question. "...They appear rather arrogant, which, if this unit is honest, will very quickly clash with you."

Spark actual buzzes. "This unit doesn't exactly have the assistance of fellow synthetics here, with countless personalities. What this unit sees is what it will get."

There's a pause, before...
    "...Affirmative. Just ensure you analyze those you intend to approach." it repeats itself.

And so Spark actual, keeping its distance, began to monitor the redheaded female from afar. As the organic wandered into a bakery of sorts, it stood across the road, leaning against another building as it idly began to toy with its PDA, flipping through songs.

Both synthetics would agree on one thing about their predicament: They couldn't get back alone.
    Last edited by Spacemanspark; 08-24-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    Glory to Synthetica!

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Karl looked at Nosyn at that point.

"You all right...?" Karl asked.

The day was moving forward, time marching forward to it's same eternity. Nosdyn saw the familiar red-head girl from the other day at the market. Then, he saw the mysterious blue creature from the other time as well. That kid robbed him... Nosdyn sighed. Both folks were interesting enough. Nosdyn looked at Karl. "Come with me."

He walked over towards the blue creature first. "You run into anymore thieves of late there fellow?" Nosdyn looked at the creature. "Sorry I wasn't much help was just trying to make sure your property was returned that time. That kid who robbed from you starts trouble here sometimes I've heard. I just hadn't seen him directly up until that time. You held your ground fairly well." Nosdyn complimented the strange creature.

"I've never seen your tribe before...from where do you hail?" Nosdyn asked of Spark. From their first meeting that time, Nosdyn simply assumed Spark was a fellow demon of -some sort- but that was besides the point. The demons of Althanas had many types and varieties just like the surface dwellers did. He recalled that Yvonne had called him a construct of some sort...had she...? His memory of that time had gotten messed up. He shook his head. "Anyway what are you up to right now? I'm looking for fellow adventurers for a job of sorts." Nosdyn smiled. "It will be fun, want to join in on the job?" Nosdyn asked. He looked at Felicity for a moment, recognizing the red-head form the time he encountered Zack Blaze.

He nodded at the red-head.

She's pretty strong from what I recall. I'll ask her to join as well. Nosdyn looked at Karl. Karl nodded. "Okay when our friend here has decided I'll talk to a few more folks and figure out our game plan after going to the barracks and making the job official. There's a particular creature I'm trying to hunt for the barracks."

Nosdyn looked at Spark. "What do you say, are you interested?"

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    Spark mobile glances up as the odd demon from the tavern approaches them. It emits a beep, and Spark actual glances upwards, putting away the PDA. It crosses its arms as it examines the two that approached it.

"You run into anymore thieves of late there fellow?"

Spark actual emits a buzz. "Negative. And with this unit's companion, that is not likely to happen anytime soon."
    Spark mobile emits a soft ping as its mentioned.

The following apology and compliment are handwaved away dismissively by the IPC counterpart.
    "This unit deals with far worse, ordinarily."
    The cat counterpart, however, buzzes.

The demon's next question causes both synthetics to pause.
    "I've never seen your tribe before... from where do you hail?"

Both Sparks look at each other for a moment. They speak in their language of numbers briefly.
    "Tribe. This place must be in a much earlier time period than this unit's." Spark actual states.
    "Presumably, they mean family." Spark mobile replies, and turns back to the demon.

"This unit, and unit Spark actual are an add-on to the Crysten family... or tribe, as you call it."
    The tiny cat AI tilts its head, and narrows its optics as it starts to analyze the demon closely.

The mention of a 'job' and 'hunting creatures' intrigues both Sparks. They start speaking in Trinary again.
    "This would be a well taken opportunity, unit notes." Spark actual states.

"Affirmative. Both in terms of finding potential allies... and finding the extent of your new abilities."
    Spark mobile gestures to its counterpart's arms. They both beep, before turning back to the demon again.

"Affirmative, unit will accompany you for the time being." Spark actual states. It uncrosses its arms, and stands off the wall, ready to follow.
    Glory to Synthetica!

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity had devoured the whole cake. She was wiping the chocolate off her face when she felt eyes watching her. Her magic sense blared suddenly, the feeling of raw, impending doom slamming into her. Her magic sense was highly panicked, warning her of something foul. Goosebumps formed up her spine. Her heart pounded as sweat formed. She finished wiping her face with the cloth, shaking, and whirled around. Flame like hair flying, the pale girl saw a man watching her, a mask covering his face as he draped in dark robes. He gave her a nod, a nod which made her internally scream. Anxiety flooded through her, making her feel sick to her stomach. The cake was about ready to come right back up again. She pulled her short arm to her mouth, swallowing the bile that rose and clearing her throat. As memories of a scarring past rose up without explanation, she took heavy steps forward.

The closer she got, the worse the fear drive swelled. She opened her eyes in slits, fear manifesting in anger. Her entire body was shivering as if it was freezing, yet was coated in sweat from the feeling of burning. She cleared her throat, fighting back anxiety induced tears. She could sense that he was riddled with dark, twisted magic. What kind, she had no clue. Even then, the fear aura was bathing her in memories of blood and ice. Her post traumatic stress disorder, undiagnosed at the moment, was amplified in symptoms.

Her eyes were wide and shaking in the dedicated rage the fear was masking itself behind. Her voice cracked with boldness, her tone demanding and intent, “Who are you?! What are you doing?!” Her voice boomed. She threw her arms as she took a forceful step forward, “What do you want?! And what on earth is your magic aura doing to me!?”

Her onslaught of demands were ended in sharp barks. Only hints of desperation seeped through her voice. As memories of slits of frost replayed in front of her, she vibrated as if within the throngs of winter. She suddenly screamed, “Make it stop!”
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn was sincerely taken aback when the red-head reacted the way she reacted.

The folks in Stonevale were simply used to the demon and didn't get as bothered by his natural panic aura. When she reacted with her outburst, Nosdyn didn't know how to react. He was literally stunned by her sudden outburst. I can't turn it off...how do I explain it... Nosdyn thought to himself. From the sudden outburst the town folks were looking at their direction. The demands came from the red-head quickly and with a certain sense of panic. Nosdyn did not know how to respond.

He whispered to her so that she could hear him. "I can't make it stop. Ever." Nosdyn looked at her very calmly, his mask in place. It would help hide his eyes at the very least. He looked down at her for a moment or two. "I have been trying to find a way to stop it from happening but there's been nothing so far. It's cause I have the fell blood." Nosdyn explained. "Just going to have to get used to it. But if it's any consolation I wanted to ask you to come with me on a job." Nosdyn pointed towards Karl and Spark. "These two are going to come with me to get a particular creature that's out in Brokenthorn Forest. If you want to accompany us I can make sure you are paid for this." Nosdyn said. [b]"Further...I'm sorry that my power makes you feel that way. But like I said I can't do anything about it."[b]

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "It is a part of what I am."

Nosdyn looked up at the afternoon sky. The current goal was to hopefully get the red-head kid to fight by their side. This is always going to be difficult. Maybe my dreams are just that...dreams. Perhaps. Or maybe I can be the first to prove that my people and Humans can live together in harmony. It was just a dream. "You will get used to the ability I possess. I'm sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable but I am trying the best I can." But Nosdyn knew, eventually he would have to get his power under control.

Especially if he wanted to make his dream a reality.

Especially if there was ever to be a peace between Men and Demon folks.

Nosdyn extended his hand towards the panicked redhead. "Come with me." Nosdyn said softly, there was a strange kindness in the dark-man's voice.

GP

Name
    Spark 5.5
    Race
    Synthetic

View Profile
    Spark mobile stares up at a young adult from his satchel. They wear a yellow bandanna, a gray hoodie, and blue jeans. His eyes are red... and appear to be made of glass. His arms are metal. He's kneeling over, breathing heavily and panicking.
    They stand in a field of blood red grass... a small fog pervades the air.
    "...Spark... I can't go on..." the young adult says silently. "It's... too much..." tears start to fall from his face, his body is shaking like it might fall apart at any time.
    The tiny cat AI buzzes, sympathetically.
    "...You can and will escape, Maxwell. This unit knows you will. Just stand, and proceed." Spark mobile beeps.
    Maxwell doesn't seem to respond, just sits as Spark continues to tell him to move... this goes on for several minutes. Eventually...
    "You are more likely to be found here, than anything. You must move now." Spark mobile almost seems to be pleading with its creator.
    Maxwell glances up, trembling, and finally relents. "...Alright..." he says, and prepares himself to move once more.
    Except, when he tries to move, he finds himself unable. Spark mobile looks at him curiously.
    "I... can't... move..." he says, struggling to lift his leg.
    A soft giggle comes from beyond the hazy fog, and Maxwell moves... but not where he wanted to.
    No, instead, Maxwell is directly hefted straight into the air, letting out a yelp of terror. Spark buzzes in alarm.
    The fog clears, and... and odd, green skinned female humanoid with odd tendrils for hair floats in front of him, grinning. She appears to be a very young age, likely around ten years old. Blood covers various spots of her body. Her grin consists of three rows of teeth, her eyes flashing as she slowly flies towards the struggling trespasser.

"...Sue..." Spark mobile thinks to itself.

"Why hello, Maxwell..." Sue says. "Thought you were a hero? Thought you could save your friend?" her grin changes to a horrifying expression of anger and rage. She warps, immediately in Maxwell's face. He whimpers as she grips his collar. "WRONG. YOU ARE SO FUCKING WRONG. AND NOW, WE'RE GOING TO PLAY... BUT NOBODY'S GOING TO STOP ME THIS TIME." she begins to laugh, an awful, bloodcurdling laugh. A long tongue extends from Sue, lolling around. Maxwell begins to cry. "No... please... please... please..."
    The tongue slowly rolls across his face. "Shhhhh...." Sue says. "I just want to play..."
    Her eyes flash, and the tongue dives at Maxwell, impaling his stomach. He shrieks in ago-

"What are you doing?"
    Spark actual's voice shakes Spark mobile from its flashback. It glances up at the IPC counterpart.
    "...What?" Spark mobile inquires quietly.

"...Right."
    Spark actual buzzes, not bothering to ask or explain further. It glances back to the demon and his friend, who seem to be busy trying to console and offer the female the same position they had just offered it.

"It would appear the demon emits a strange aura, then." Spark mobile states, listening carefully to the conversation now. Spark actual nods.

"...There's one other inquiry this unit has." Spark mobile states. The IPC glances down again.
    "What?"

"...What if Sue attacks Maxwell again? Or steals Nick? Jane? Even Matthew..."

They both fall silent, the answer obvious but unstated.

Spark actual and mobile resume watching the conversation between the red head and the demon, silently. Spark actual seems to monitor and examine the red head closely, however.

"This should be quite interesting..." Spark actual states, waiting for the female organic's response to the demon's hand.
    Glory to Synthetica!

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The wind passed across the town of Stonevale.

It was fairly warm that day, when Nosdyn realized that the girl would likely not join him...he sighed.

"Very well. You are free to do whatever you wish." Nosdyn told her. "I am sorry about that by the way...I can't turn it off." He turned to look at his two companions. "Okay first order of business after that is to get towards where the target is." Nosdyn looked at his friend Karl and the mysterious blue demon thing. Nosdyn did not know what Spark was, so he just assumed that the fellow was just a member of this or that demon tribe.

Nosdyn produced a flier from his packs, it was a wanted poster.

The creature drawn on the poster was a beast native to The Brokenthorn Forest. It was a particularly aggressive predatory creature and that month was their mating season making them far more dangerous. The creature in question belonged to a particularly violent species of forest drakes. Cousins of the dragon species. Nosdyn handed Spark the job flier. "That is the target. A substantial reward is being offered for proof of it's demise."

"That's Ol' Red Horn you're after?" Karl suddenly asked. He was actually excited about the prospect of the hunt.

Nosdyn blinked and looked at Spark and Karl. "Yeah. You know of the beast in question?"

Karl rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "When it first came down from the mountain ranges. I got badly hurt with a hunting part...he's part of the reason I ended up in my current state of being before you came along." Karl nodded. "You just gave me a chance to redeem myself and my family." At that point Karl became a little distant. "Thayne's bless their souls."

Nosdyn listened to Karl's story..he respected the fellow more at that point. He then turned to look at Spark. "When you're ready we'll head out to where the creature is located. I been eagerly looking forward to testing my knowledge against a deadly monster."

"Ol' Red Horn lies beyond the western ridge." Karl explained. "I no longer carry a weapon so you will have to arm me."

"I don't expect you to fight, Karl." Nosdyn said. "But I do agree that I have to arm you." Nosdyn carefully thought about that as he waited for Spark's response. Then they would go hunt the target.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    (Conclusion Post)

Nosdyn noticed that his group dispersed after some time passed. Why does everything have to be so difficult? He thought to himself as he looked at Karl.

"Guess the job's not going to come through this time?" Karl asked.

Nosdyn nodded to his companion...no friend. "Yeah we won't hunt the drake this time. It can wait until we are able to better assemble another party...someday perhaps." Nosdyn considered the situation at hand and looked at Karl. "I have to get you ready for the next adventure regardless." He said to Karl. "There will be other jobs. I need to train you into a capable sword." Nosdyn looked at his friend the entire time he said that.

"Ready when you are...BOSS." Karl said.

A flash of memory from the past. He momentarily envisioned his old employer in Alerar. The Boss. Nosdyn flinched visibly as if struck by a whore's hard fist to the face...Nosdyn shook his head. "Let's go." Recovering from physical blows was one matter entirely...mental ones were another one. And perhaps...he would always have his own burden to bare...

The End.