EXP required for next Level: 1,800

GP

Name
    Artheridge Morkura
    Race
    Furkin

View Profile

Artheridge Morkura

Porting my character from the old forum. Let's see where things go!

Name: Artheridge Morkura

Nickname/Alias: Daedalus, Ded to friends

Race: Furkin. Born of magic, but not magical herself, she is an uplifted, anthropomorphic malamute with interesting mutations

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 150lbs “I’m not fat, that’s just fur!”

Occupation: “Inventor! Really a smith, since bills have to be paid, but hey, a girl can dream. And I tinker on the side!”

Personality: Artheridge has a sharp, inquisitive mind, moreso than most of her species. She’s a happy go lucky personality, of the type that bounces back from just about anything given enough time. Some call her flippant. Her response? “I walked away without loss of life or limb. I’m happy!” While not the best with strangers, she does enjoy a good conversation, especially on the technical side of things. She’s also prone to bouts of what some would call ‘being a knowitall.’ In truth, she just does not tolerate ignorance, willfull or otherwise, nor misinformation.

History: Artheridge was born in the southern forests of Raiaera, in a small village named Hansen’s Ford, to a blacksmith and healer. Her father, while not being the equal of the master smiths of the big cities, was close, and was the best smith in the region. Her mother was the town's healer and midwife, which meant many long, sleepless nights as Artheridge assisted. During the day, however, she was always in her father’s forge, helping, and learning. Thanks to her inquisitive mind and sharp intellect, she quickly learned to match, and in some areas even surpass, her father’s skill. On her mothers side of things, however, she was never as interested in herbology and healing as she was in steel and smelting, and only picked up the basics.
    Soon after her 19th birthday, not content with the men in her village, nor settling down to take on her father’s smithy, she joined a merchant’s caravan bound for Alerar. Paying her way as combination smith and ferrier for the caravan, it took several long months for the merchants to make it to a major city, at which point she began searching for a weaponsmith to apprentice under. After weeks of fruitless searching and nearly having depleted her pile of gold, a gruff old dwarf by the name of Arlesen Blackanvil took pitty on her and took her in. After being pleasantly surprised at the quality of her work, and depth of her knowledge, he offered her an aprenticeship. Sadly, this relationship only lasted three years before Arlesen passed to a bloody cough the healers could not counter. Before his final day, he requested that the young furkin seek out his clan and inform them of his passing, and her uncompleted apprenticeship. She gladly agreed, and after setting his estate in order and sending a final letter to her family informing them of her plans, left the city for adventure and, eventually, the honor of being named a master smith.

Appearance: Standing at 5’7” and weighing a muscled 150lbs, Artheridge is a bit on the ‘fluffy’ side of things, but still a rather attractive example of the females of her race. Wide boned and sturdy, she’s generally got curves in the right places, though a few more than most men find attractive, due to the hard muscling born of years working a forge. A deep, rusty red in fur coloration over most of her body, she has a clean white slash from throat to inner thighs, spanning the width of her torso. Her hair, which she usually keeps in a loose ponytail, is a dark auburn, and falls to mid shoulderblade. Her eyes are a pale, ice blue, speaking to her race’s arctic heritage. Finally, due to her race’s magically uplifted nature, a little instability is inherent in her genetic makeup, and she was born with a pair of russet wings stretching a good twenty feet from wingtip to wingtip
    Usually Artheridge can be found wearing sturdy leather breeches and a cotton tunic, and when traveling, will wear a thick cloak made of dark oilcloth on the outside, quilted with wool on the inside, with the hood almost invariably up. She wears a pendant in the shape of a warhammer around her neck, bearing the crest of Arlesen’s clan, and sturdy calf height hobnailed, steel toed traveling boots.

Skills: Artheridge is a few steps down from a master smith, easily capable of opening her own smithy and turning a fair profit currently, what with her intimate familiarity with running the financial side of things, and her years of practice at the forge.
    Thanks to her dwarven patron for the last several years, she is also a fair fight with an axe, short sword, and crossbow, favoring the latter two for their finesse and precision. As a smith, she also knows full well how to maintain them.
    She has some minor herbal knowledge, and can manage basic wound poultices and generally keep her patient from contracting gangrene. Said skills have come in handy several times with a certain dwarf and his insistence her edges weren’t sharp enough.
    Long practice with her crossbow has granted her above average marksmanship. A typical grouping when she's cranking out the shots measures an inch and a half at 100 yards.

Abilities: Thanks to her wings, she can, and quite often does, enjoy the benefits of flight, but only when she’s lightly loaded. When flying, she can maintain a speed of approximately 30 miles an hour, and is able to drop as low as 20 and still remain airborne, with sprints reaching up to 45 in a dive, after which she is winded and needs to land. Otherwise, she can fly for several hours a day as easily as walking. She has a max ceiling of 2000 feet before her wings can no longer catch enough air and keep her aloft, and can only handle minor, lightweight items while airborne. Flapping her wings jostles her too much to use any weaponry accurately without catching herself in the strike.
    Long practice with her crossbow of choice allows her an advantage over the average wielder, in that she can increase her rate of fire immensely once a fight before her arm becomes too tired from working the lever of the crossbow, and she has to put it down for the remainder of the fight. In this twelve second window, however, she can empty the entire magazine onto a single man sized target.

Equipment/Weapons: Weapons first.
    Vrontir: Her trusty crossbow, designed and built by her own hands, with input from Arlesen. This is a lever action repeating crossbow, made of yew and oak with brass fittings and hardware. It is capable of firing a new bolt accurately every five seconds, and has an interchangeable magazine holding five bolts. Due to constraints on the strength of the limbs from the lever mechanism, it’s slightly weaker than a comparable single shot crossbow. Where a traditional crossbow could easily punch through plate armor, this bow is only capable of piercing leather or chain, with an extremely lucky or well placed shot being the only way to penetrate scale, and no chance in penetrating plate unless she can get it through a helmet eyehole. She normally carries iron shod armor piercing bolts, and broadheads as a backup for foes with no armor whatsoever.
    Unnamed short sword: Just that. A plain but well made short sword crafted from iron, brass, and kid hide, and again, forged by her own hands with input from Arlesen. Primarily her fallback when Vrontir is not usable.
    Equipment: As far as armor, she has minimal protection. The tough leather of her breeches, and her thick cloak. She never subscribed to her dwarven mentor’s belief in heavy armor, and always felt it was better to not be hit than to be able to withstand a hit. She carries some basic repair and maintenance tools for her crossbow and blade, as well as a continually refreshed supply of herbs needed for medical poultices, just in case. She owns one horse, with saddlebags, and always carries a minimal set of forge tools, excluding the anvil, of course. Aside from that, rope, a belt knife, food, a tent, a bedroll, tinderbox, and an oil lantern and oil to refill it are about all she carries with her, all stored either on her horse or in a sturdy traveling backpack.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hi there!! Welcome!

I think I can say we've never had a flying malamute here before. Looking forwards to seeing what you make of Althanas!

Your abilities look fine and workable.

Just a quick question - when using her ability to shoot fast does she have time to also load in another magazine (a full one) to use this? For instance, if she started this with only two bolts in her magazine then she would only have two, not the five as suggested in the equipment. Or, would she have time to load a full magazine? Hopefully that makes sense.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 1,800
    Level completed: 10%,

GP

Name
    Artheridge Morkura
    Race
    Furkin

View Profile
    Now that life's done throwing me curveballs... I've been about for years! Even showed up in a featured quest and a few flopped attempts at a thread!
    As for the crossbow trick, I'd like to say that she's able to reload before doing a mag-dump, but I don't know how that'd affect balance.

Also, is it possible to recover my progress from the old forum, as meager as it is? Or has that been lost?
    Last edited by Dedalous; 12-11-2018 at 01:10 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    I can certainly have a look at that.

Could you please link your old profile here and I will take a look.

At the moment you are slightly over the starting limit for first player characters. RoG rules change over time and the calculations here are based on the speed that Artheridge is able to fly as well as the near limitless ability for their flight. You could bring down the speed slightly to 20mph and that could work.

Phi.
    Last edited by Philomel; 12-11-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

EXP: 200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 1,800
    Level completed: 10%,

GP

Name
    Artheridge Morkura
    Race
    Furkin

View Profile
    Here's the old thread, and hopefully shows the EXP and gold I'd earned up to that point as well. This profile's essentially a copy/paste of that one, but I can tweak it if needed, as I never exceeded level one.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Oh thanks for this! Helps me to see what was commented on before.

Hopefully should be able to approve you soon.

I can also get your exp added.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Approved.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: