Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GP

Name
    Silvester Corinth
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Focus: James
    The guest of honor arrived at exactly 9-o-clock. He was a boy of about 10 years old. It was hard to make out his features as he walked to the entrance of the mansion. However, his hair was kept neat and tidy, probably with a ton of grease considering his age.

James noticed that the boy wore gambeson, an armor that also worked as a kind of formalwear. Over his gambeson was a coat that hung open but was formal as well. His pants were leather as was his boots. On his face was a pair of spectacles that, if he remembered what his some of the other detectives had told him, was enchanted with the same spells as the guild’s magnifying glasses as well as a magnification spell that allows him to use them as a magnifying glass.

As the boy passed a street lamp, the glow from the lamp showed that his hair was blond and his eyes were as silver as an untarnished silver coin. He could tell the young boy would be a heartthrob when he grew up. Heck even now he could probably charm a woman if he wanted to.

As the boy reached the entrance of the mansion, James bent down so that he was eye level with the boy, held out his hand and said, “Welcomes to the Althanian Detective Borough’s Annual Dinner young man. I am Detective James. May I have the honor of hearing the introduction of our youngest guest here tonight?”

Focus Shift: Sylvester
    As Sylvester mad his way down the path he had taken notice of the man who stood at the door. Due to the light behind the man he couldn’t really tell much about him. However, he could tell the man was about 6’3” and weighed about 165 lbs. He was extremely stiff, however, that could just be an act to keep face with all the nobles. When Sylvester reached the man, the man bent over and held out his hand, Sylvester took the man’s hand as the man introduced himself as Detective James, a man that is well known in the detective community for solving every crime without fail.

When James asked for his introduction, Sylvester said, “Sylvester Corinth, Detective Hopeful and taker of the Detective Test that will be taking place during the ball. It is nice to meet the world’s most gifted detective. I have read up on every case you have ever done. Well, all the cases that have been released to the public that is. I hope that I will impress you tonight.”

James smiled at Sylvester then said, “If what I have heard from some of my colleagues and friends are any indication of your skills, I look forward to seeing you do your thing. Now, please come in and enjoy yourself, you must be famished after traveling all this way from the outlands.”

Sylvester Smiled and said, “I am quite hungry, however I feel it would be better for me if I just went to my room to rest, I have been on a ship for four days and it took me a while to get here from home. Also, it is late and I am not usually up at this hour. If there is anything that needs to be done before I go to bed, please let’s make it quick so I can be ready for the test tomorrow.”

James smiled at Sylvester and said, “That is quite alright, we just have to announce the events for tomorrow and then you can go to bed.” James then stood up and took Sylvester by the hand as James lead Sylvester to the stage where the band was playing. As soon as the band saw that the host was about to make his speech they started to soften their playing so everyone could hear.
    "…when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    Sherlock Holmes
    The Blanched Soldier

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    (Sorry for the confusion on my behalf so far I missed the part about Grond approaching Nosdyn. But I'll be more careful from here on in. Ailsa was willing to work with me on what I added to the story with Wendy so far. Thanks for understanding all so far!!!)

Nosdyn observed when the surprisingly handsome woman approached...Philomel. Though Nosdyn didn't know her name at that point. Wendy was trying to start more trouble with the guests in question, and Nosdyn sighed. This party is growing dreadful...but perhaps we can salvage it. Sir Izra was temporarily forgotten as his mood lightened considerably. Nosdyn approached Wendy and the handsome faun. He took one look at Philomel and nodded towards her...her eyes showed that she held power within her...true power. She is the most interesting surface dweller here. Nosdyn turned to look towards Wendy as she was attempting to instigate the woman.

"Don't your kind have any self preservation skills?" Nosdyn asked of Wendy. "She has strength...you would do well to show her some respect." Nosdyn could see a glow in her eyes...it was quite interesting to observe. He looked at Wendy again at that point. "You're not wanted here let us adults have a talk with each other." Nosdyn said calmly. He was showing a tremendous amount of self-restraint. His eye twitched at the corner, but he kept his anger in check.

Wendy looked at Nosdyn and sighed. "Very well...have it your way, Demon." She said and took her leave of the disgusting pair.

Nosdyn looked at Philomel at that point. "Sorry about that. Hopefully you have something much more interesting to say than these Humes do." Nosdyn took a pull of the drink in his goblet and kept his eyes on the handsome faun. He kept Sir Izra in the back of his mind at all points. He would be ready should the idiot attempt an attack. Nosdyn kept his attention on the faun. She was attractive, and wondered if she would like some company for the night's festivities. As he thought about that his memories came pouring in his mind...perhaps an effect of what he was drinking.

He was strong of will, but he wasn't quite used to Hume alcoholic beverages and the sensation left him with a strong feeling in his head. He managed to hold on to his goblet and placed a hand to the tip of his forehead. He was in a bit of a dizzy spell. He steadied himself soon after, his natural endurance kicking in. He decided he needed to go back to the balcony and get some fresh air. He looked at the faun. "The balcony has a nice view, perhaps you'd accompany there? I need a bit of fresh air." Nosdyn said casually.

He felt a little light headed still and began to walk towards the nearby balcony area...he was starting to regret having ever arrived at the silly party. The faun, being the highlight of his night so far.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Her brow rising, Philomel found the man altogether intriguing. Her lips developed into a fine smile and she welcomed the change that he invited to the scene. Happily she strode onto the balcony with the demon, her eyes dancing over his blue skin and tattoos, simply drinking in the appearance of an oddity, like her.

Wendy disappeared without a second thought to the faun. She did not care for people who presumed her as a villain, or a common whore. In her mind those people could live amongst the sewers and be disrespected like how they treated others.

Back into the fray the wicked Wendy went, truly merging with the crowd. The music was dying a little as a voice began to proclaim something about a boy. But Philomel and Nosdyn were not close enough to hear. Perhaps they would head in after.

"Philomel," she introduced herself, once she was properly seated at a bench. "I presume you are ... Another strange guest who was a question I am sure on the guest list."

Arranging her skirts around her she poised, back straight and eyes bright, her smile brilliant. Around them stars glistened, an open heaven with a bright moon. Joined with the chorus of music from inside it was a beautiful bit of perfection with two dire sinners beneath.

Her back straight she kept herself poised, letting Veridian take his time to come over. The small beast, with his lithe form beneath the sky, was almost invisible. He ran swift and right over to them, barely touching the stones and paving slabs. As he approached his presence became clear and he leapt up to come beside Philomel, bright eyes intrigued at their new friend.

"This is Veridian," she introduced the fox. "My companion."

"... What might we call you?" She asked, as the name of 'Sylvester,' was called.

Last edited by Philomel; 10-25-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    (Sorry for delay folks had some trouble coming up with a post but I got this now. Let's get this back going strong!!!)

Nosdyn paused for a moment or two observing the magnificent specimen before him.

His own golden eyes had an intellect present within them...but they were a warrior's intellect. Specifically...a SOLDIER's intellect. He was a soldier fighting for The Demonic forces of The Tular Plains. However, there, amidst so many strangers...he could just be himself...for a change. Nosdyn nodded towards Philomel. "I am called Nosdyn." He thought about the situation that lead to the festivities of the night. And what actually placed him there...the letter of invitation. So far we are playing a game that has been quite...boring. Nosdyn thought to himself. He placed his drink on a solitary table and left it there for a time and kept his eyes locked on Philomel.

I suppose this party has not all been a bust. She is here and I may as well make the most of this... Nosdyn thought to himself. He was a quiet sort, but would be social if the situation called for it. He was showing a LOT of self-restraint with The Humes in the party...the enemy. The target is still within the mansion's grounds. I can still hunt him if I choose to. But there are too many eyes... Nosdyn sincerely smiled towards Philomel and nodded his head in a gentle bow. "You and your companion are definitely the most interesting lot I have seen so far. I'm glad the fates saw fit to have us cross paths." Nosdyn spoke in the common-tongue and spoke in a thick accent. He didn't try to hide it.

With his mask off, his demonic features were prominent...primarily his blue skin.

His eyes had a peculiar glow to them...dark yellow, almost amber tone.

At that moment though those twin orbs were focused solely on Philomel.

Friend...it has been some time since I have had one. The only other main ally I have is Stare...I wonder if Philomel knows Stare and Vitruvion. He missed Stare quite a bit, but for a few months since the last adventure with her...they had not contacted him. He wanted to be useful to someone again. Nosdyn leaned back against the balcony and relaxed for a moment or two. He felt that around Philomel...he could have a friend and he could be himself...he was certain she would not mind at all.