EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

The Iron League - discussion and debate

So, I would like you guys to have a bit of input into something I was thinking about at weekend. I'm trying to gauge opinion on a (currently) unofficial Citadel ranking system and perhaps even an organised group of PvP fighters that transcends the boundaries of powergroups.

This idea is called The Iron League.

The idea works like this:

I collate data going back, say, to January 2015 (or a chosen date) on everyone's wins and losses in the Citadel. From there, I can determine a ranking list of our brawlers. To do this I would use a co-efficient (yet to be determined) that would rank our members from one downwards.

The Iron League would then "invite" people to join and participate in "order matches" where people can increase their rank to try and become the most prestegious fighter on Althanas. It is essentially a PG without actually being one.

That is the concept. It needs flesh but before we go any further I'd like to see who would be interested and what kind of feedback we get.

I'm Asking you Icely

EXP: 33,893, Level: 7
    Level completed: 87%, EXP required for next Level: 1,107
    Level completed: 87%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile
    I like it! Although only people who have won Citadel matches can enter, right? Also, are the "best Citadel fighters" are determined by results IC or OOC?

If you need any help fleshing it out; a neat idea of an area the IC headquarters of an organization like this could be in could potentially be Scara Brae's The Zirnden. It is well known for fight rings, gambling and stuff. Just an idea though

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    This is a good idea. I like.

Would it be determined on loses by judgement or by if you outside won the fight in character? I'm guessing by judgement but it's an interesting thing to think about IC.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I'm thinking that rankings will be determined by judgment wins and losses as that is the only definitive way to prove a result. At the moment I think we can either rank by overall win to loss percentage or on a points basis (5 points for each win, -5 for each defeat).

So to take Breaker's record:

13 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses (I think)

His rank would either be determined as:

81.2% Win to Loss ratio
    50 ranking points (excluding the draw)

To compare, I am currently 5-0 in the Citadel. So, with W/L % I would rank above him but on points I would be half his score at 25. Which is fairer? He's had more battles, so I would argue that the points system probably better reflects the cirumstances. In any case I would do the legwork with the record keeping so no need for anyone to worry about keeping up to date.

I am more than happy to have The Zirnden as an IC headquarters. Also to answer your question Ashla that would be for anyone who has participated in the Citadel in the past time period we determine AND registered on here.

By the way I also intend for the ranks to be IC relevant. If Breaker was rank 1, I would expect people to be a little in awe of him.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    I support this idea! <3

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    My question is the same as Phi's

how do you determine the win/loss do you do it from the IC perspective
    Or who won the judgement?

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I did answer the question above by saying that we would use judgment outcomes to determine the rankings.

We have to take into consideration that some of the Citadel battles on 3.1 were scripted and therefore if we are using past results to determine initial ranking a judgment is the only fair way of determining who is truly deserving of their rank.

The only way around it otherwise is to mark each Iron League order match accordingly and ensure that battles are not scripted. However, I also believe this will lead to people taking more liberties in the Citadel, and therefore judgment by a non league judge seems the fairest way.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    OOPS I must have missed that, thanks for the clarification friendo! That was going to be my worries/concerns but alleviated now. Yay.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Also are you purely basing this on Citadels or is there potential for competitions?
    And is it character by character? So we don't add alt's winnings into those of main characters/accounts?
    -Mainly here I am trying to throw hypothetical questions that might come up with others.-

With the percentages, I get that it is the percentage of winnings compared to the overall amount of battles done by that person.
    Points, that is an interesting way of doing it, it will be interesting to see though how you compare that in the Iron League rankings. As in who do you score higher in first place, Shin or Breaker in this?

I would be happy to work with you on this if you want.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I had put some thought into whether or not this would include representation at tournaments. I actually quite like the idea myself but it is still an idea for debate.

The rankings would purely be per account. So Vaeron and Phi would be ranked seperately according to their previous records and then kept track of seperately going forwards.

If I understood your last question correctly, its as I said above. For the initial rankings, we would all agree a date to go back to and get the information from on 3.1. From there I would collect everyones wins, losses and draws and score them accordingly (5 for a win, 1 for a draw, -5 for a loss). The highest points total will achieve the starting rank 1. Future battles will be scored the same way.

My reasoning for this is fairness. If we took, for example, Breaker's record vs mine then Breaker has 13 wins and 2 losses overall since he began here. I have five wins and no losses. If we ranked off win percentage, then I am above Breaker.

However, he's had 13 victories to my 5. So it seemes fairer to score on the points system above then to determine rank by percentage.

Remember, it's all about rankings. This isn't a league table in the sense of a season - it is a rolling thing that records who kicks the most ass.

Am I making sense?

And yes, I would like help if it is available!