Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,969

GP

Name
    Robert Bertrand

The Cathedral of Blades

(IRON LEAGUE)
    (OPEN)

John heard a voice as he stood looking at a wooden board with the names of available fighters on it. He’d been learning their names by now, and knew which ones could offer him a challenge, and which ones would prove lackluster compared to himself. He looked down to the source of the voice, and heard the old monk speak again.

“Come back to test yourself, giant?”

John stifled a chuckle. He didn’t actually know the man’s name, but they’d spoke during the years he’d been coming to the citadel, he always called John ‘giant’ for reasons he understood. He called the monk ‘old man’ in much a similar fashion. Their conversations, though short, maintained an air of cordiality, though they talked mostly in passing.

“I have, old man. Is the Cathedral free?”

The old monk smiled. “For you, giant, I think they’d build another one. But yes, it’s free. I can take you now and find someone for you, if you like.”

“Actually, that’d be nice, I’ll have a few seconds to get reacquainted with the place.”

A flight of stairs down and into the Citadel led them to a hallway hewn of the same dark stone as the outside, lit with torch and glowing portal alike. John knew the way from here, but the monk accompanied him anyway. A turn and step later and he was in another reality.

The Cathedral of Blades certainly lived up to its name. The hall was filled with weapon racks, row upon row of pews to the bloody god, conquest. The pillars that held up the ceiling of this massive, imaginary structure were dotted with shields and axes, maces and spears and near any other weapon that could be made. Down the aisle stood tables, with more exotic weapons lying upon them or in cases of glass. A raised dais was at the end of the building that the armor racks were ‘facing’, sporting suits of armor large and small. John whistled as he walked by the center tables. Sais and katanas were there, a khophesh under glass further on, several sodegarami and an urumi sat on a rack in the aisle as well. The familiar whoosh of incoming air signified a new arrival to the arena. He turned to see who it was.
    Last edited by redford; 09-01-2017 at 01:18 AM.