Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,969

GP

Name
    Robert Bertrand

[Iron League] The Serpent Temple

(IRON LEAGUE)
    (OPEN)

John stepped forward cautiously in the darkness. It held, and John put his weight behind it. It still held and the half-giant breathed a sigh of relief. . Jor had suggested this arena, damn him thrice, promising that it would be a ‘once in a lifetime experience’ in terms of citadel battles.

Mostly cause I’m going to kill him when I get out of this one.

He’d been navigating this ‘snake temple’ for fifteen minutes, having to avoid all kinds of hazards in the dim light. He’d been lighting the torches around the place, but there were so few open areas that it was hard for any light to go any where in this dank place. He stepped forward again, and heard a click.

Without thinking, the half-giant dropped to the ground. He chose poorly in his reaction though, and the floor gave way, felling him into a pit. He landed with a thud that took the wind out of him, and heard the hissing of vipers. He reacted quickly, shielding himself fully with the magical armor, and as the vipers tore into his flesh, they found titanium underneath. Snakes wouldn’t be killing him today.

Maybe, he added as he climbed up and out of the pit, stepping forward again. He lit a torch to his right and there was a large open area up ahead. He cautiously proceeded until he was through, and saw the room in its entirety, lighting a torch beside him. A large brazier sat in the center of the room, which he lit. light cascaded across the cobblestones, and he heard the sound of ancient, geared machinery, and groaned himself. This was not good.

Many of the cobblestones in the large room rose, becoming pronounced a few inches above the surrounding stones. A whispering serpentlike voice called out through the low light as all but one of the doorways, one on each side, closed with a small portcullis.

“Yeeeesssssss… weeeelcoooooome to myyyy teeemple, mortal!” It called. “Insssssiiide you will fiiiiiind….. Yeeesssssss, a ssssssinister ssssseet of trapsssssss…. Find your nemesssssssssisss in the tunnelssssssss, or fight him heeere. The choicssse is yours, but I will be watchiiing.”

The voice went silent, and there was naught but the machinery and the crackling of the brazier. John thought.

Better to fight him here than in those damned tunnels, can’t fight if I have to turn sideways to fit through and inside.

His mind set, he navigated to an area of the floor with fewer tiles (which was still a lot) and made ready to meet his opponent.
    Last edited by redford; 09-01-2017 at 01:18 AM.