EXP required for next Level: 29

GP

Name
    Ayaka yoko
    Race
    Halfbreed Nekojin

View Profile

BBC Codes, images, etc

So, I'm probably the only one who is going to ask this, because I like fiddling around with designs on posts and stuff.

But I've tried numerous times on the old and new forums to do the following, and just can't seem to get it.

Wrap Text
    I want to be able to wrap text around an image, on other sites this is generally just a matter of aligning the image bbc code ot the left or right, but it doesn't work here, I've tried a few different ways but just can't seem to get it right.

Image retaining its size in tables
    So if I have a table, regardless of how many rows/columns in it etc. it does not retain its right size, it seems to down scale all the time, for reference, look at the profile on this account, which is a WIP as I try to figure some things out. The eye image in abilities; is meant to be 80x80 pixels, and whilst I am editing the post, it looks fine, but the moment I click enter/submit. It seems to go teeny tiny?

Any idea how to rectify these? Or any tips?

Without going backend and adding a bunch of stuff, since this is me just wanting to aesthetically improve profiles and that's not exactly a high priority thing.

-Amari/Ayaka/Zavine/Eteri/Aynur

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    heya!

i googled and googled but i couldn't find any answer for the text wrapping :<

but for the tables i might be able to help.

i had a look at your work in progress post. i did something similar for my level 3 update as what you're trying and for whatever reason i don't remember having a problem with images resizing themselves on 3.1. but now when i try to do the same it is resizing the images down as you describe. however, when i mess with the specification for the WIDTH of the table the images can show with their original dimensions if there's enough space i suppose... weird! what's weirder is if i then type in the cell on the same row as the image, then the image scales down depending on how much text is in the cell next to it.

here's one example of it without image size compromised...

test test test test test test test

here's an example of it with the image size being compromised...

test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test testtest test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test testtest test test test test test test test test test test test test test

and this is the exact code copied from my 3.1 profile

TRANSFORMATION
    Gum can transform into a jaguar.
    Benefits while in jaguar form:
    • Jaw muscles give him the strength to pierce a skull with his canines, other bone would be more difficult to bite through.
    • Burst speed is increased in jaguar form, Gum can reach 40mph for a short chase before slowing significantly.
    • Can leap short distances, typically to aid in climbing trees and other structures.
    • Piercing claws, able to slice through flesh and cloth, but not thick leather.
    THREE-LEGGED CROW
    • The adrenaline of combat causes Gum to summon a three-legged crow. The crow possesses five seconds of accurate foresight. Once summoned, it can be called upon to assist with combat by providing insight into the coming moments. If Gum chooses to request his companion's advice, then that knowledge changes the future and so the bird's foresight is compromised (only usable once per fight).
    • The bird also knows the ghosts of an individual's past. Therefore, it is able to link Gum to the spirits of a person's past in the heat of battle.
    GHOST SLAVES
    • Gum has the ability to pull the spirits of the dead into the world of the living. This projection of the dead gives them the appearance of being made of flesh and blood. However, they are just spectres with no physical matter and as such can only act as a distraction.
    • Gum exerts control over the spirits, controlling their actions for a limited time (three posts) before the bond is broken. Restricted by his teotl mana, Gum can only summon three ghosts before he needs to meditate and recover his energy (three ghosts per fight. Either all at once, one at a time, or a combination of two and one at different points in the fight).

which works!

weird!

the only difference between my 3.1 profile and my 4.0 examples above are that the one that works (the last one) has the table width at 700 pixels (instead of the default 500) and has the table aligned to centre *and* the text in the corresponding cells is in bullet point form... maybe each new line gives the extra space in the row for the image to be full size?

not sure if any of this helps. i'm not very knowledgeable about bbcode but i wanted to help since i had been able to pull off something similar.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Thanks, I will try that in a moment, and see if that works!

It's such a fuddy thing sometimes!

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile