Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

EXP: 2,423, Level: 2
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next Level: 2,577
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,577

GP

Name
    Nicolette Morgan
    "Hello Vince," Nicolette greeted, inclining her head slightly. She shrugged out of her long coat, layers of thick fabric constructed especially for the cold, wet Salvarian winters. While Ray's jacket had seemed to absorb the moisture, Letty's long tunic was entirely dry beneath the outer layer. It was not something the girl planned to draw attention to, especially considering the terrible mood that already plagued Rayleigh. Hoping Vincent understood, she hung her dripping coat over the back of a spare chair, and retreated gracefully toward the bar.

Her hands moved to her blonde hair, fluffing it out a bit to let the few damp ends air-dry. Her hood had protected her, avoiding the fate that befell Rayleigh; the mousy brunette looked a bit like a drowned rat. Not that Letty would ever share such a thought, of course. She rubbed her damp hands over her arms, bare from the elbow down, to work some heat into the pebbled skin. She was further away from the fire while she sat at the bar, but she was also further away from Rayleigh's wrath. And maybe that was a fair compromise.

The Salvarian climbed atop a barstool, wedged between two men who appeared to be there alone. The first was a man not much older than herself, and ordinary-looking enough. He had black hair, blue eyes, and she could tell he had a few inches on her even while seated. The other was ordinary enough too, though an unusual warmth lingered about him. Neither looked at her, and only the barkeep gave any indication of her presence.

"Just a water, if you would be so kind." She tilted her face toward the younger man, as if to include him in the conversation. "Though one would assume we've had enough of that tonight, what with the storm."

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Daugi stared at the gruff lady with one-eyed suspicion. Meanwhile, her boy-pup thought.

Oh? Ohh, right Rayleigh! Fenn nodded uncertainly at the woman across from him at the table. He remembered her; she was someone he had seen a few times around the House of Cards, but never really met. He tilted his head askew, trying to recall something. Well, he actually had met her once, but it didn’t count. Fenn had borrowed the guise of John for a moment, so, she never knew she had met him. It was probably best to keep it that way. Either way, he supposed he could forgive her earlier tongueslip.

Placing his hand on the wood grain of the table spread out a swirl of calm frost designs. HELLO, Fenn wrote in them cheerfully. AM FENN. FOOL. NOT QUITE CHILD. DOES TAVERN SERVE OATMEAL OR WHISKEY OR BOTH?

Oh! Right. There was another formality to human society’s meeting-etiquette stuff, and he’d almost forgotten it! Holding on to the sleeve of his cloak with his pinky finger, the little fae gave a tiny crescent-moon grin and reached out to offer her a very cold handshake.
    Last edited by FennWenn; 09-05-2017 at 09:52 AM.

EXP: 22,896, Level: 6
    Level completed: 42%, EXP required for next Level: 4,104
    Level completed: 42%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,104

GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    “Mmm,” Atzar offered by way of reply, withdrawing the still-bleeding thumb of his left hand under the bar and out of sight. He glanced at the newcomer.

She was small blonde woman a bit younger than himself, he guessed. The most notable thing was her bearing – her speech and posture suggested some sort of nobility. Momentary indecision struck him as questions flitted through his mind. Was she actually a noble? If so, what was the proper way to act? But the doubt came and went quickly, and Atzar put on a small smile. He shifted towards her slightly to include her in the nothing he was doing.

“Isn’t too bad, really.” He put a little more effort into the response this time. A loud peal of thunder followed, and the mage grinned in acknowledgement of nature’s retort. “Okay, maybe it is.”

The bartender brought drinks then, the wizard a foaming glass of beer, the young woman her water. He raised it to his lips for a sip, then made a face. Warm. He passed his right hand over the drink, a quick, needless gesture that Atzar figured made for better theater than the truth. A layer of frost grew on his glass as the drink chilled to a more palatable temperature. Meanwhile, a small droplet of blood fell to the floor as he withdrew his metal barb out of his concealed left thumb. Blood for power. That was the price of his magic… but nobody needed to know about that part. He was still coming to grips with it himself.

He took another sip and nodded his contentment. Satisfied, he turned back to the young woman.

“Traveling?” he queried the young woman beside him. “Can’t imagine why else you’d be in a place like this.” He offered his hand. "Atzar, by the way."

Althanian

EXP: 31,031, Level: 7
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 3,969
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,969

GP

Name
    Robert Bertrand
    "I'm still not sure if he's an arcana NOW," John said as he walked to the table from the bar. He'd brought two hearty bowls of stew, one piping hot and one cold. The stew was heady with scent as he popped one bowl over to fenn, specifically the cold one. It would better suit the fae's tastes. With any luck, there'd be a girl to come back with a little blanket for the boy. John himself had gotten some whiskey.

But those were concerns for five minutes from now. John dove into his bread and stew, looking up at Vincent, who stared a little in surprise.

"What? I said I'd be here."

First Officer

EXP: 34,480, Level: 7
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next Level: 520
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next Level: 520

GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    She wanted more than anything to keep her foul mood. There was something satisfying about a good mad, stewing in it, and using it to rationalize really terrible behavior. But something in the way Fenn stuck by Vincent's side, and gazed up at her with those enormous eyes, melted her (literally and figuratively) frozen heart.

"Hi Fenn," Rayleigh greeted, leaning over to press her own damp palm to the child's. Ray's hand wasn't much bigger, given her small stature, but it wasn't hard to forget she was dealing with a kid; there was such innocence in his expression and his actions. It was normally pretty easy to find something to be mad about, but she wondered if that was possible with Fenn around.

Rayleigh's mood improved further as John dropped into a chair at the table. "Good to see you," she told him, and meant it. She'd always been fond of the giant.

Althanian

EXP: 67,821, Level: 11
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 9,179
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 9,179

GP

Name
    Vincent Cain
    Race
    Human (Tap Phantom)
    It looked like the whole fucking Tarot had shown up to this Tavern on this particular night. Vince shot them all his signature, award winning smile as he practically radiated happiness. His whole family was here more or less, minus a few key members and a couple strays.
    “I guess you mentioned that John, I must have been busy making plans and forgot!” He chuckled and flagged down a waitress. “Whatever that soup is I must try it, looks fantastic. And another bottle of whatever she is drinking” he motions to Ray.

“It’s nice to see the gang all here!”

EXP: 2,423, Level: 2
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next Level: 2,577
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,577

GP

Name
    Nicolette Morgan
    Though she knew it to be incredibly rude, Nicolette could not help but stare. The stranger had performed magic right in front of her, as casually as if he did it every day of his life. And perhaps he did, she reflected as she continued to watch his hand. They were no longer in Salvar, a place where magic was largely forbidden. It was not as if she was a complete stranger to sorcery - her court was not nearly as strict as others in the nation, and she had seen Vincent Cain perform great feats. But those had been showy, dramatic affairs. He had chilled his glass with as much nonchalance as she might swirl the cubes in her glass. She did so as she finally ripped her gaze from him.

"Yes," she answered, cheeks warming with embarrassment at her inappropriate behavior. "I am traveling. It is my hope to see as much of Corone as possible before my friends have completed their business here." She gave a small toss of her golden hair, gesturing toward the table where the Tarot Hierarchy sat. "They spoke of enormous cities and bustling industry, and we have certainly seen our fair share of that. This place, however, is just as wonderful to visit. Even despite the storm." Her lips curled into a soft smile as a flash of forked lightning lit the windows. "Rochdale reminds me of my home."

Realizing she had not yet given her own name, she added, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister Atzar. My name is Nicolette."

While she prided herself on her ability to read people, Nicolette found it difficult to get a reading on Atzar. He had a sense of humor, that much she could deduct from his response to the storm. And he had manners, something that many in small rural communities lacked. True, he was no Salvarian noble, as they would not stoop to mere handshakes. But she still took his firmly in her own, and shook it.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Fenn thought it was nice too. Nice, but uncertain.

Food! The boy’s eyes lit up on sight of the bowl John had placed down before him. Mushroom, carrots, potato -- and not too hot. Tasty. As he gulped down his soup, the tiny fae studied Rayleigh curiously. Her tone of voice was light and pleasant when she had been talking to him. If thirty years of living with a baby face had taught him anything, Fenn knew how to recognize it when others, it was figuring out whether or not their perception of you matched your appearance. And yep, she thought him precious. He… he’d let her. Why not.

THANKS, Fenn scribbled in John’s direction. GOOD SOUP, I LIKE.

The bowl dipped below the table line a moment, and a few slurping sounds could be heard as Daugi took a share for herself. After her nice drink, the wolf set back to napping. As soon as he brought it back onto the tabletop, Fenn gulped down a few unconcerned mouthfuls of his own. When he was fairly certain no-one else was looking, also he stole a sip of John’s whiskey, and little bit of Ray’s drink too. Tasty! He probably needed to order more soup.

As he did, he thought. He had told John a bit about what had happened in the past few months, after a recent citadel fight that happened by unhappy mistake. Oh dear. His expression unreadable, Fenn poked the surface of his soup, watching a little swirl of ice dance across it.
    Last edited by FennWenn; 09-05-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    "I'm funny, so they let me live." - Skippy's List

The Wiki Matriarch, the Vignette Enthusiast, your friendly neighborhood Cinnamon Smol, and very excited to roleplay!

I play this rude little bug! Spell his name F E N N I K. No "c".

EXP: 22,896, Level: 6
    Level completed: 42%, EXP required for next Level: 4,104
    Level completed: 42%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,104

GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    “Corone has some nice places,” Atzar agreed, though without much conviction. She had a positive demeanor that he admired. Nicolette saw a reminder of home where the mage saw a run-down dump of a town, a last resort when he wanted a meal and reprieve from the storm. She took in the wonder of Corone’s cities where the mage rejected them as filthy and overcrowded (though admittedly better than Ettermire).

Yet behind that exterior, he could sense her analyzing him. Her gaze made him self-conscious, and he didn’t know what to say next. Atzar covered his hesitation with a long drink from his glass, more to buy time than to slake his thirst.

On the other side of the tavern, a reunion of sorts was taking place. Several of the patrons seemed to known each other from this adventure or that one. The mage covered a smile when the kid snuck a taste of whiskey from one of the adults. He could have imagined himself pulling a stunt like that in his childhood.

“Friends of yours?” he asked Nicolette.

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    Moments later, the door opened, an in stepped Ven, soaked head to toe with mud covering most of his person. While most people would have probably been upset to be covered in mud, Ven was delighted. Not long before, Ven joined in a mud throwing fight (the rainy weather equivalent of snowball fights) that happened to be going on with some of thekids in town.

Not wanting to miss out on fun, he joined, and the reult was obvious. Of course, when the storm realy started to pick up, the fight ended, andVen himself was forced to seek shelter. It was justcoincidence that the Sword and the Staff was the closest place.

Glancing around, Ven made note of the patrons of the establishment, then made a beeline to the barkeep.

"Hello there, I'm Ven. Do you have a towel I can use? I'm a bit of a mess?"

The barkeep raised an eybrow. "A mess? You look like you were practically rolling in the mud!"

Ven chuckled. "That's a funny story actually, and not entirely wrong, but I can tell that later. Towel?"

"It will cost you."

"Fair enough."

They then went off to grap something for Ven to use, and Ven took a seat, passively listening to the noises of the tavern.
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here