GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile

Philomel Upgrade

Philomel currently has:

Leather shoulder guard, covering front and back.
    Dragon-scale half-breast plate, covering breasts and neck.
    Steel bracers, covering the forearms.
    Pine shield
    and
    Mythril hand-and-a-half sword, still unnamed.
    One iron steak knife.
    4 iron throwing knives.
    One keris dagger, nicknamed the Lover, upgraded to plynt. It has a tinderbox and a trigger in the hilt to set the blade alight when desired.
    Crossbow, made of yew. Comes with a dozen iron bolts.

I have some things I would like to sell, others to upgrade.

Can I please sell the throwing knives and the pine shield?

Can I please upgrade the steel bracers to something more solid - titanium maybe?
    Shoulder guard - can I look at getting this upgraded to arctic beast?

Could I also get a quote for adding a chainmail section to the bottom of her drakescale chestplate please? Upper teir probably.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hi Phi. I hope you don't mind but i'm reserving this one for Amari's training. Is that OK with you?

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Sure. There's lots to look at here so it should definitely give her a good view everything

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

"Hehlo, Hehlo." I gestured toward the faun, beckoning the purple haired lass in with a perfectly manicured finger. "Yes, yes, welkom to Sah'je's humble store." It wasn't entirely untrue, I acted as a third party. Anyone could come into my store, and request anything and I would make it happen. My lightly glossed lips turned up into a smile as the shapely faun placed a number of iron throwing knives and a large wooden shield on the bench. "Ah! A sale." I clapped my fingers together. "So happy to oblige. Yes, yes...let me 'ave a look."

Picking up the knives, I hefted them in the palm of my hand. They had a good weight. Running a slender finger along the edge prompted a pinprick of blood to form and drop onto my newly varnished counter. Oops... With a flourish, I produced a handkerchief and wiped the counter and my finger. "These are a nice weight, even, and sharp. I'd buy all four for 140 gold."

I shifted them to the side and picked up the large shield. Ugh, damn thing was heavy. I leaned in and sniffed, which no doubt caused the sweet little faun to raise an eyebrow. "[I]Pine...[i] I purred. "Such a lovely wood to work with. The shield has a few scratches which will have to be buffed out..." I set the shield down. "This, I can sell for 70 gold. All up that would be...."

I pulled out a piece of paper and quill, and in neat looped writing wrote out the quote.

4 X Iron Throwing Knives: 140GP
    Pine Shield: 70 GP

Total: 210

The faun grinned a lip sided, confident almost cocky grin. I had to admit, I liked her spunk. She started taking her armour off, placing each one onto the counter. This time, it was my turn to raise an eyebrow. Now, I am not one to complain when a pretty lady starts loosing clothing in front of me, but this was a business, and not quite that kind of business.

"Oh!"

I blinked, as she pointed to each item, stating what she wanted. Upgrades. "Oh yes.. Sah'je can do..." I pulled a red leather bound book out from underneath the counter. "One moment." I neatly scrawled out more notes onto a separate piece of paper. "These two upgrades, can do. Will need my Masterwork associate to aid."

Upgrading Steel Bracers to Titanium = 173 gold
    Upgrading Leather Shoulder Guard to Arctic Beast = 265g

Titanium Chain Mail: 506gp
    Mythril Chain Mail: 563

Total Upgrade with Titanium: 944
    Total upgrade with Mythril: 1,001
    I paused, the chainmail. "Hmm. Miss Philomel did not provide exact material. May I suggest titanium, or Mythril? Both are quoted on the paper above. Lastly, would you like me to deduct the cost of the items you are planning to sell?"

I titled my head, giving a sly grin. "Will that be all, Miss Philomel?"
    Last edited by Amari; 09-08-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Philomel tilted her head slightly and looked down at the pieces of paper. Looking back up to the woman, with her exotic skin and half spectalocum, the faun took a moment before shoving the knives completely over.

"Take them, don't want them anymore," she waved a hand. "The shield either. I will ..." she paused. "Yes, I won't use it. The money will be fine for the repayment."

Looking down at her chest guard on the table before her, that which separated the two women she began to point at the rim that fitted just beneath the breasts. That which she had never protected, usually going into battle with simply a bare belly.

Very daring.

"The chainmail will connect here, yes? Just to cover ..." she gestured to her belly, uncovered as it was. Really, right now all she had on was her usual belt made of fabric strips and a very loose breast-binder. "You said mythril and titanium?" She began to nod. "Fair assumption with the pricings."

She paused, looking between the pauldron, the bracers, the chest plate.

"The bracers, please. I will take willingly. Shoulder guard ..." she ran a hand down a length of her violet hair. "Hmm. What about that in drakescale? Actually, dragonscale, damn those annoying things. And if I were, say to get my chest piece," her finger lightly traced the (rather sexy) chest guard, "In dragon scale also?"

She reached over and took the quill, writing a few more words, with a grin on her face.

Willing to sell daggers and shield.
    Bracers yes please.
    Quote for Dragonscale shoulder guard.
    Quote for the chest piece in dragonscale. Upgraded from Drakescale.

Go for the titanium. But make sure it is shiny.
    Last edited by Philomel; 09-08-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

I picked up the throwing knives, one by one and placed them on the small shelf under my counter followed by the pine shield, to be processed later. The shield would possibly be broken down for raw material, the knives....they had value. Then again, everything in life did. My, I'd sell my own soul if I could garner enough coin for it. My eyes flashed with the gleeful prospect of such an endevour.

I thought that would be it, open and shut, business done. But no... she started tracing the intricate shape of a glimmering scale on her armour. (At least she kept hers in good knick, Thaynes above the amount of people who came in with banged up pieces.) She wanted a different quote.

"Hmm, you're one of those." I said with a small frown. Philomel had changed her mind. How...irritating.

No, no...customer is always right, customer is gold, gold is good. Yes. Yes...

I shook my head and gave her a sort of forced smile, the prospect of a higher pay fueling my interaction with the sultry minx. "Right..Right. Let me have a look. One moment, the please." I started to flip through the thick leather tome, muttering to myself in a foreign language.

"Let's see...It won't be hard to upgrade from Drakescale to Young Dragonscale, they have similar *ahem* properties. So that should be 285gp, not including the price of the added titanium. Oh...and don't worry..." I paused and lifted ice blue eyes to meet hers. "I'll make it extra shiny, just for you, love."

Turning back to the book, I continued. " As for the shoulder guard, that's a total overhaul so 565 gold to upgrade that." I clapped the book shut with finality and set it on the wooden bench beside me. I took a new piece of parchment paper and laid it out flat in front of me. Writing up a quick contract and confirmation.

Upgrade: Steel to Titanium Bracers: 173 Gold
    Upgrade: Leather Pauldron to Young Dragonscale: 565 Gold
    Upgrade Drakescale to Young Dragonscale Breastplate: 285 Gold
    Titanium Chain-mail added to Breastplate: 506 Gold

Total: 1529 Gold

Sell Iron Throwing Knives: 140gp
    Sell Pine Shield: 70

1529- 210

Total Gold owed: 1319

Sign here:

I handed Philomel the quill, who was looking over the numbers. "If you are satisfied with what you see. Please, sign to complete this transaction, your items will be ready momentarily."

The Faun shot me a look as if to question my methods, of course she would, how could I possibly have such work completed in mere moments? mere seconds? She'd find out soon enough.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Philomel smiled at the woman who seemed to be rather stoic in her fashions. Bending down she scooped up Veridian who had been seated by her hooves and he made a small grumpy yelp of annoyance. This, she ignored and proceeded to nod.

"It will be fine," she said, giving one last look over the pieces. "Money is fine, all is fine..." She paused and skillfully used one hand to fish out a large pouch from her belt whilst the other held the fox.

The pouch was placed on the counter with a loud clang. Philomel looked for a while at it and then teased the top open before spilling out a strangely large amount of gold coins.

"I only have small change," she apologised. "And how long do you think it will be then?"

As Veridian huffed and settled against her breast Philomel continued to chat and count out money.

Business had been done.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

Ugh. I didn't care what it was. Her pet, familiar, lover, or whatever. I didn't do furry, dirty, little creatures. I kept my disapproval hidden behind my small trademark smirk. "Excellent Miss Philomel."

She heaved a large sack of coins upon the counter, I glanced up at her raising an eyebrow. Where the hell was she keeping that? I peered curiously over the counter. Nothing but a set of furry and hoven legs. The imagination could surmise where she was hiding it, there were tufts of fur that were thicker than the rest, but no - this was Althanas after all. It would not surprise me if she had some sort of enchantment on the thing.

I gave a small shrug as I watched her count out the coins. "Legal tender, don't care how small the change is. Even if it is quite the annoyance." I muttered, not hiding my dissatisfaction with her payment. Once the right amount of coin had been transferred to a smaller pouch I swiped my hand over the counter, and the coin pouch disappeared, heavily plonking against my leg as it fell into my pocket.

"Time? Oh, I imagine a few seconds, minutes at most."

"What? That-"

Before the faun could utter any more words, a flash of azure light sprung forth from my hands. I repeated my thoughts aloud. "This is Althanas my dear." Magic ruled over most the land, and it was magic, that would alter her armour today. The blames sprung forth from a spinning orb between my fingers and danced over her belongings, it seared them in a white hot glow that was far too blinding and painful to look at. I had learned that the heard way, I kept my gaze on the faun.

The searing light faded, and just as she had asked, the armor was complete. Extra shiny chain-mail and all.

I pushed over the newly upgraded items toward her. "We look forward to your business again soon, Miss Philomel."

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    transaction complete
    1319GP Deducted from Philomel
    Last edited by Amari; 09-12-2017 at 03:36 AM.