Adventurer

EXP: 6,985, Level: 3
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 2,015
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,015

GP

Name
    Koli
    Koli was nearing the mansion, wondering what he would find when he got there. More than likely, one of the most powerful people in the city lived here. Was he corrupt? Was he righteous? Was he a church official? Koli did not know why he was so curious, and attracted to this entity, but he was bound to find out. As he was walking towards it, though, he strongly felt as if a presence was pursuing him. The priest stopped. The presence did not go away. He turned around to see Gavner and Mavrik, garbed in thick black cloaks to shield themselves from the sun’s harmful rays, staring at the priest from the main square. Koli looked at them and waited. He knew that they would get his message and come to them sooner or later. After a few minutes, they caught on and came his way. Koli waited for them until they arrived.

“Oh, hey there Koli,” Mavrik said, “What are you doing out here?”

Koli looked back at them and simply raised an eyebrow.

“We are out to carol. Would you like to join us?” Gavner asked.

Koli brought his thumb and forefinger to his chin while he thought. Obviously he could not sing, but in case the need arose, he could protect his friends in their state of giving and love for the world. The priest did not agree with their carelessness; however, he did support spreading love and joy into the world, and so he did not mind being their personal guard. He nodded his head in compliance and motioned for them to follow him to the mansion before he started off for the large edifice.

“Wait, where are we going?” Gavner asked, “That is the residence of the Viceroy Athenry Sergio. He is known for his ruthlessness and short temper. Are you sure you want to go caroling there?”

Koli stopped and looked back at Gavner, simply staring into the vampire’s glowing red eyes with his white irises. Gavner cleared his throat and shifted his weight, looking expectantly at the priest, hoping for him to say something else. Koli did not.

“Okay,” Gavner said, after a long, uncomfortable silence, “We will go your way. But we must leave if Athenry turns us away.”

Koli turned around and began to lead the way again.

“That is the last time I question him,” Gavner cracked from behind

Adventurer

EXP: 38,578, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 5,422
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,422

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    Gavner and Mavrik trustingly followed Koli, but Gavner still had a bad feeling about bothering Athenry. True, he was not afraid of any of the guards, especially with Mavrik and Koli, but he was afraid of Athenry’s corruption, and his reach- not only within the city of Radasanth, but also throughout the world. Athenry had connections everywhere, in high places, and he was a force to be reckoned with to say the least. If they angered Athenry, or upset him in any way, the consequences they could be facing would possibly follow them.

But Gavner saw what happened when he questioned Koli, so they continued along as the sun finished setting. They reached cobblestoned sidewalk in front of the mansion just as the last rays of the setting sun disappeared. All of the street lanterns came on, and the bell from the Citadel’s belfry chimed loudly so the whole city could hear, signifying that the curfew would be enforced in an hour. They stopped in front of the path that led to the large, ornate mansion wrought of stone, and wood alike. No fence, or gate enclosed the property, but a sentry was posted on the balcony above the door. They paused for awhile, and after several minutes, Gavner noticed both Mavrik and Koli staring at him.

“What?” Gavner asked, once he noticed them looking at him.

“Well, now what?” Mavrik asked, “You were the one who wanted to come caroling. Show us what to do and we will do it.”

“Oh, well,” Gavner said while curling his fingers and looking around nervously “We just, start singing I suppose.”

Gavner paused. They continued to look at him. This was rather uncomfortable. “After you,” Mavrik said.

“Right,” Gavner said, rubbing his hands together. For a moment, he wanted to turn back and go to the pub. He wanted a tall mug of ale right now, but that would hurt his pride, and he could not handle that. He took a deep breath. “How did that song go?” he mumbled to himself.

“Hey!” Gavner shouted to the sentry, “We are here to bring you joy for the Christmas season, so merry christmas!”

Before the sentry could question, Gavner burst into song.

”We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year, Gavner began. Mavrik rolled his eyes, but stayed true to his word. Following Gavner’s lead, he began to sing himself.

Adventurer

EXP: 7,337, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,663
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,663

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    Drake and his friends went downstairs, and he ordered his friends and himself water.

“I bet it has been awhile since you have eaten or drunk anything in this plane!” Drake said.

“Yes, but we often keep in mind that this is the plane of sin,” Gabe said. “If you allow these actions to be your only actions pursued, or if you allow these actions to fuel your desires, you too will be caught in the trap of the physical realm.”

Gabriel took a drink of water. His expression softened. “Although, I suppose that it is rather refreshing.”

Seraphina and Drake began laughing hysterically. “Maybe we should get out and find the others,” Drake said.

Drake payed for their water, and they set out into the square. The last light of day had set over the horizon, and nobody was out. The three friends began to walk through the square, and suddenly Seraphina perked up and looked to the right. “I hear something,” she said.

“What is it?” Drake asked.

“It sounds like somebody yelling. Oh wait, now he is singing.” She replied.

“Gavner,” Drake said. “Come on!” Drake began running towards the direction that Seraphina heard the noise, and the others followed. After a little while down the road, Drake began to see a large mansion in the distance with three figures standing in front of it. That was Gavner, Mavrik, and Koli. The three angels reached Drakes friends, and Drake interrupted. “Gavner,” he said, “What are you doing?”

“We are singing Christmas carols,” Gavner replied, “Now come on, let us finish! Follow my lead.”

”Oh, bring us a sticky pudding, oh bring us a sticky pudding, oh bring us a sticky pudding, and a stup of good fear.

Drake thought this song was insane. It seemed as if they were trying to monger hatred against this said Christmas. Suddenly, the door to the mansion opened and somebody stepped out on to the porch. He was a tall, plump man who wore a night robe.

“What is the meaning of this?” He called in a deep booming voice.

“Sir, we bring tidings of joy and Christmas to the city of Radasanth!” Gavner called back, “And now we will sing carols of Christmas!”

[Oh dear,] Drake said to Seraphina and Gabriel telepathically, [This is going to be an interesting occasion. Will you sing with us?]

[Of course!] The two angels replied telepathically.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koli
    ”Good tidings we bring, to you from the king, good tidings for Christmas, and a happy New Year!” Before the Viceroy could reply, Gavner was into another carol.

”Deck the halls with bouts of folly, tra la la la la, la la la la!” Gavner sang. Suddenly, the friends that Drake had brought began to sing, harmonizing and adding perfectly to the carol. It sounded amazing.
    ”Tis the season of your follies, tra la la la la, la la la la. For you now wear gay apparel, tra la la la la la, la la la. Troll will come to give you peril, tra la la la la la, la la la la.”

Koli was not familiar with Gavner’s beloved Christmas, but to the priest, these carols seemed very insulting and offensive. He hoped that Gavner had a plan for this, or they would all be in big trouble very soon.

“Enough!” Sergio boomed, “Come closer, so I can see who you are.”

Gavner started toward the viceroy, and Koli followed. The angels and Mavrik remained back, however, waiting in case they needed to get away. They approached the man, whose silhouette was only visible because the light was shining from behind him. As they drew nearly five feet away from him, Koli could make out his long face, double chin, and orange hair that sprouted from the top.

“What is this Christmas that you speak of?” Sergio said, “I am willing to entertain the idea. If you do not provide an adequate explanation, well, let’s just say you are harassing me.”

“Christmas is a season for-“

“Yes yes, I heard you the first time.” Sergio interrupted Gavner. “But what is Christmas?”

“To celebrate Christmas, one must give a present to those whom he cares about to give them great joy.” Gavner said.

“And do you care about me?” Athenry said dangerously. Koli threw Gavner a look. He had to choose his words very carefully, or it could lead to a serious disaster.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    “Do you care about me?”

Ganver froze. He did not know how to answer this question. The creature of the night suddenly became hyper aware of how delicate of a situation he was in, and how easily he could cause a catastrophe.

“Why yes, sir,” Gavner replied, taking what he believed the safest route, “Of course I do.”

Sergio studied Ganver. Gavner could clearly make out every inch of Sergio in the dark. From the wrinkles in his forehead, to the double chin on his neck, this plump politician was nothing against Gavner’s supernatural senses. No matter what Sergio did, he was no match for Koli, and Gavner. If this man tried anything on either of them, they would kill him and flee the city to never return. But Gavner wanted to return. Radasanth was as a home was to him. The creature of the night was very fond of this place, and knew that he could not kill Sergio.

Okay, Gavner thought, No matter what, we cannot kill him.

“And how, pray tell.. er.. what should I call you by, good sir?” Sergio began.

“I am Gavner Nahs.” Gavner replied.

“Yes, thank you. And how, pray tell Gavner Nahs of Christmas, how much do you care about me?”

Gavner resisted the urge to look to Koli for help. He merely hesitated for a moment, before saying “Why sir, I would do everything in my power to make your Christmas wish come true.”

Sergio smiled a toothy, crooked politician’s smile. Gavner didn’t know much about politics, but he knew that greed, corruption, and lust for power were more than likely on Athenry’s mind. For a moment, it seemed as if Athenry was going to call Gavner’s bluff, and have the vampire arrested. But then he spoke, saying “Well, then by all means step inside where we can talk in a more private environment.”

He stepped aside, motioning for Koli and Gavner to enter his house. For a moment, Gavner hesitated once more. It was still not too late to turn back. But then again it was. If he ever wanted to return to the city, he would have to comply with the viceroy. Gavner and Koli slipped past the large man, and into his parlor which was lavishly adorned with deep blue carpet, large poufs and chases, and a small coffee table. Golden painted trim, and the same color threaded tassel adorned the curtains and the sofa.

“So Ganver Nahs, I have my Christmas wish ready for you.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    “I hope that Gavner is alright,” Drake said worriedly, pacing back and forth. “He has been in there for over five minutes. He should be out by now!”

“Calm, Drake.” Seraphina said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Instantly Drake blushed and looked at her hand. “Gavner can handle himself. You of all people should know that.”

“I know,” Drake said, “But it is still nerve-wracking. He is my friend.”

“What is the plan after this?” Gabe asked. “Has Gavner told you yet?”

“Well yeah,” Drake replied, “We are headed to Raiaera.”

“And have you yet secured passage from Radasanth to Raiaera?” Gabe pressed.

“Um,” Drake said.

“I will take that as a no. We should probably do that now,” He said with a smile. “Follow me.”

Drake tossed a look back at the mansion, unsure of whether he should leave or not, but then he realized that the need to escape could arise at any point.

[Hey Gavner,] Drake called out to Gavner inside the mansion telepathically. [We are going to the docs to secure a voyage. Meet us at the west dock when you are done. We will come looking for you if you need it; should that need arise call out mentally.]

“Hey wait up!” Drake called to his friends who had already taken off down the street.

“In order to secure a voyage, we need to find a captain with a ship going to Raiaera,” Gabriel said.

“Are any going to be awake at this time?” Drake asked.

“Oh they will be awake for sure,” Gabriel said, “Nearly all the sailors are night owls.”

“Should we split up?” Drake asked, stopping. They had reached the wharf. Gabe looked uncertainly at Drake.

“He is right,” Seraphina said. “We have a higher chance of finding a captain sooner if we are all looking separately.” Gabriel still looked at Drake uncertainly. “It will be all right, Gabriel, Drake knows what he is doing.”

Drake smiled. “Meet here in forty minutes?” he asked. The others exchanged glances and nodded. Gabriel ran off to the south urgently. Drake turned to go North, and Seraphina’s perfect, warm hand gently grabbed his. The half angel stopped dead in his tracks and looked at her.

“Drake,” She said, “Please be careful.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koli
    Gavner sat comfortably on the sofa while Koli sat stiffly upright upon a small chair. Koli’s vampire friend was spread out with his arms on the back of the furniture and his leg resting upon the other. The priest could literally smell the corruption and negative vibes from this place.

“Please,” Athenry said before he went into the other room, “Make yourself comfortable.”

While Sergio was gone, Koli shot a glare at Gavner. This made the vampire uncomfortable.

“What?” he said earnestly. Koli continued to glare. “He said to make ourselves comfortable. That is what I am doing. Why would he have all of this furniture if we were not allowed to enjoy it?”

Koli raised an eyebrow. Gavner gave a sigh. “Fine,” the vampire said sitting up and leaning forward with his hands in his lap now. “Happy?” Koli smiled, and Athenry came in from the other room.

“I hope you gentlemen are enjoying your stay in Radasanth,” he said in his weasely voice as he began handing out tea cups and he placed a tray of pastries in the center of the coffee table. “It is almost time for the first snowfall.”

“Ooh,” Gavner exclaimed, “I believe there is a Christmas carol for that!”

Koli rolled his eyes, but Sergio politely seemed interested. “Sing some of it for me,” Athenry encouraged.

“Well, I suppose I could sing you a bit,” Gavner said modestly.

”I am dreaming, of a white Christmas just like the ones that I used to know. Where the trees listen, and childrens’ tops glisten to see sleigh bells In the night. Gavner sang. Athenry started to talk after Gavner paused to take a breath, but the vampire continued singing over the viceroy.

May in your days, you be married and white, and may all your Christmases be bright.

Athenry smiled politely and began to clap. “Bravo, bravo. You really are full of this, er, Chreesmar-“

“Christmas.” Gavner corrected.

“Er yes, Christmas, spirit Master Nahs.” The viceroy said. “Now, about this gift exchange.” He started.

“Yes,” Gavner cut in, “What is it that you would like for Christmas this year, Mr. Sergio?”

“You know what I would love, Master Nahs, more than anything?” Athenry said, leaning closer.

“Yes yes,” Gavner rushed, “What is it?”

Athenry looked back, and his crooked smile appeared again. “I would like the ring of the Chancellor.” And he said such with a twinkle of greed in his eye.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    Gavner opened his mouth to ask what the significance of such ring was, but he changed his mind when he saw Koli’s giving him a dirty look. “Well sir,” Gavner said, “We will do everything in our power to get it for you.”

“Everything in your power?” Athenry said raising an eyebrow, his whole demeanor changing. “I thought you said that you care very much about me.”

“Yes sir, I do-“

“Well then why would you not be sure you are going to get me what I want?”

“Sir, we-“

“I want that ring, Master Nahs. Please do return when you have it.”

That was Gavner’s cue! “Yes, of course sir,” the vampire said standing up and shuffling to the door. “We will get it.”

“And Master Nahs?” Athenry said just before Gavner left. “Please, hurry back.”

Gavner shut the door behind himself and Koli, and ran down the path to the road where Mavrik was waiting.

“Mavrik,” Gavner said, “We need to do something before we leave.”

“Of course, Gavner, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me! I have only been out here for over twenty minutes.” Mavrik said.

“We need to,” Gavner started, but then he realized that he needed to lower his voice. “We need to steal the chancellor’s ring.”

“Why?” Mavrik asked, taken aback.

“I do not know,” Gavner replied, “But the viceroy made himself very clear.”

“Do you know where this man lives?” Mavrik asked.

“Athenry said he lives south by the border of the dock district.” Gavner said, “But no doubt the security detail is the finest there is.”

“That’s okay,” Mavrik said, “I got past the security detail of vampire special forces that were guards. I think we can get past a few humans. Let’s go!”

Koli, Gavner and Mavrik ran down the street at an insanely high speed, but surprisingly Koli kept up with them. Koli was full of mysteries which Gavner still wanted to figure out. They ran through the darkness, down the streets, taking the route due west. Gavner figured that when they reached the borders of the docks they would head south and look for another mansion. The darkness of the night acted as comfort to his and Mavrik’s supernatural eyesight. It may have been pitch black out but they could see as plain as day. Gavner smelled the salt of the ocean, and felt a wind on his face as they reached a wooden path on the ground instead of a well worn stone road.

“We are here,” he said.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    Chapter II: The Heist
    Drake ran to the north down the wooden wharf walk. He looked to the left and right and saw a bunch of pubs and bars for sailors. The angel noticed one on the left and decided to check it out. He entered the pub and looked around, seeing nearly all of the tables full, and hearing a low murmur. The space was small, and there was a staircase in the middle of the room leading to a second level. A bald man with tattoos on his arms and piercings on his face was serving customers, and everybody seemed to be very grim and even angry. Drake looked around and couldn’t’ help but to feel he was in a bar for only sailors. He was reluctant to do so, but he advanced to the end of the bar and sat on a stool, next to a burly man with a tattoo of an anchor on his arm.

“So,” Drake said, “Do you know where I can find a captain?”

The man threw drake a look out of the corner of his eye. “You too scrawny,” he said in a thick, deep, dumb voice. “No captain want you.”

Drake looked back at the man, mouth agape. “Sir,” he said, “All I want to know is-“

The sailor began to stand up, towering over Drake by a whole head, and clearly at least one hundred fifty pounds heavier. “You know what?” Drake said quickly, “I was just leaving.”

He jumped from his stool and nearly ran out the door into the street. “Whew,” Said Drake, “That was close. This may be more difficult than I thought.”

The angel walked across the wooden boardwalk to another tavern that read “The Salt Bag.” Drake pushed opened the door and quickly closed it once more. The smell of the sailors inside nearly knocked him out. Clearly no captain would go in there for any reason. The angel turned and continued down the boardwalk, looking for a good tavern to converge in. There were normal sized buildings on each side of the walk, but Drake came to a halt when the structures grew in size, and turned into large warehouses to store valuable resources for imports and exports. Far beyond the warehouse district of the port was the shipyard where vessels could dock and leave. Drake walked a bit further, curious of how far he could see down the boardwalk. But as he continued, Drake noticed a soft light coming from one of the warehouses on the right.
    Last edited by drake; 09-04-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koli
    Koli slowed to a stop with Mavrik and Gavner, standing before the wooden boardwalk. The pathway continued straight for a ways, which was west, but also converged left and right. The straight pathway was halted by a building, tall and windowed. Most of the buildings down all of the boardwalks were pubs and taverns for sailors, and the dark skies made it difficult to make out exactly what was lurking around; however, Koli paid attention to what he was seeing, and his mind filled in the blanks.

“So this is the district?” Mavrik asked.

“It is,” Gavner said, “We must be getting close. This way.” Gavner continued, motioning south down the boardwalk. Koli followed, ever vigilant of guards and suspicious. They continued running down the boardwalk, when the Citadel’s belfry rang out once more, this time as a burden- as a warning shot. The curfew was now being enforced.

Instantly Koli darted in front of Gavner and Mavrik, held out his arms to stop them, and corralled them to the nearest pub. He pointed to the door and without questioning, the two vampires complied. They all stepped into the pub frantically and shut the door, yet none of them were breathing heavy. The pub was rather desserted, and everything was wrought out of wood, save for the table tops and the bar counter. As pubs went, this was one of the finer ones that Koli had seen.

“That was close,” Mavrik said.

“Ay, dodgin’ the curfew, are yeh lads?” said a man who was sitting at a table, sipping a glass of wine.

“Well, we would prefer not to make the entire city aware of our presence,” Ganver replied.

“Where yeh be headed so in a hurry?” The man asked. He had two sailor blue eyes and a long grey beard. A long sleeve shirt and a red and white bandana hung around his neck.

“We um,” Gavner began, but Koli threw him a look and the vampire fell silent.

“We are headed to a different part of this district.” Mavrik covered, “And the guards would surely signal our presence.”

“But not if yeh lead the boardwalk with caution!” the man said skeptically.

“Oh?” Mavrik asked. “I don’t understand.”

“Well the guards, they be so hard tryin’ to find curfew breakers. They ‘ave sentries on the roofs, and patrols in the alleys, but they forget to guard the main square!” He exclaimed. “If yeh want ta get anywhere in the wharf district, head the main boardwalk.”