Last profile here. I put the updates in a different colour as per usual. I also slightly tightened up the wording of the skills. By all means compare back to my level one. They haven't changed, I just feel like they're less dumbly explained. Thanks in advance guys, I know it's a busy time I suppose with people rushing through updates for the AC!
PS: listen to ｔｈｉｓ while you work on this profile. it'll make you feel good, i guarantee. it's like medicine.
Gum can transform into a jaguar.
Benefits while in jaguar form:
- Jaw muscles give him the strength to pierce a skull with his canines, other bone would be more difficult to bite through.
- Burst speed is increased in jaguar form, Gum can reach 40mph for a short chase before slowing significantly.
- Can leap short distances, typically to aid in climbing trees and other structures.
- Piercing claws, able to slice through flesh and cloth, but not thick leather.
- The adrenaline of combat causes Gum to summon a three-legged crow. The crow possesses five seconds of accurate foresight. Once summoned, it can be called upon to assist with combat by providing insight into the coming moments. If Gum chooses to request his companion's advice, then that knowledge changes the future and so the bird's foresight is compromised (only usable once per fight).
- The bird also knows the ghosts of an individual's past. Therefore, it is able to link Gum to the spirits of a person's past in the heat of battle.
- Gum has the ability to pull the spirits of the dead into the world of the living. This projection of the dead gives them the appearance of being made of flesh and blood. However, they are just spectres with no physical matter and as such can only act as a distraction.
- Gum exerts control over the spirits, controlling their actions for a limited time (three posts) before the bond is broken. Restricted by his teotl mana, Gum can only summon three ghosts before he needs to meditate and recover his energy (three ghosts per fight. Either all at once, one at a time, or a combination of two and one at different points in the fight).
During twilight, Gum can travel to the underworld--i.e. the world of the dead. While in this state, his body is left behind, in a trance. Can create vision portals to other times, places, worlds and realms. Nothing can pass through the portals, they are simply a window to another time and/or place. The portals are round with a five foot diameter and represent a useful tool for manipulation and diplomacy. Gum, via a sacred ritual, is able to commune with the dead. The dead can provide information the living cannot. As such, he is able to use information gleaned from the souls of the deceased to his advantage.
Gum's only weapon is a simple bough, studded with jagged chunks of obsidian. It is a primitive axe. The weapon rests, unhidden, at his hip.
Gum's renown was as a Dheathain shaman. Head to toe, he could be nothing else. His hair was matted with ant infested berry juice, for every drop of sugar binding his wild mane together there were two drops of lethal toxin. His face was painted yellow with black rosettes. The weary lines in his leather skinned face caused the caked colours to crack. Beneath the warpaint he was brown skinned. Beneath his beedy eyes grew a prominent feature: his nose. It was broad and hooked, and ugly by conventional standards. For a mouth he wore a wide frown, its noteworthy width matched that of his aged jowls. From there his neck gave way into a wiry frame of muscle and bone. Said torso was barely dressed, he was naked but for straps of hide and fur tangled and draped over his body. His feet were wrapped in a tough hide. Gum forewent armour in favour of faith in the spirit worlds. He hadn't reached six feet tall due to childhood malnutrition.
Dheathain's jungled valleys were a savage haven for shamans and witchdoctors. Early in life, Gum's tribe identified his affinity for the spirit world. As such, he was offered away to a travelling shaman master, named Do U. In exchange, Do U offered protection from demons and enemy hexes. His parents knew that a Dheathain shaman would best be able to train Gum to live the life of a revered holyperson.
Gum's new master was obsessed with interdimensional travel. He believed in more than just realms for the dead and the living--this truth was at the core of shamanic knowledge. More than that, he believed in other realities for the living. His thoughts focused on a place he dreamt of, Earth. It was there that Gum's master learned of Aztec jaguar knights. These knights believed the jaguar's pelt would give them the strength of a jaguar in combat. Do U believed tales of these knights achieving the ultimate power, transforming completely--becoming jaguars. Do U longed for the day that he could become a jaguar and stalk the forests silently. He believed that once he could become a jaguar, it would eventually lead him to becoming a master shapeshifter.
Years went by, and both Gum and Do U journeyed to Earth in their dreams. Eventually, Do U's magic grew so powerful that he was able to open portals to other worlds. Soon he brought back jaguars from Earth and introduced them to Dheathain's forests. They adapted well and displaced other predators in the food chain. Do U continued trying to master the power of transformation once in the presence of the brutal beasts. He was never able to.
More time passed and word of Do U's interdimensional travel fell into the wrong hands. Gangsters captured Do U and forced him to import weapons and drugs from foreign realities. With the help of their captive shaman, the drug runners were able to introduce all manner of narcotics, firearms and explosives to the Althanian black market. Eventually, without the spirits of his ancestors approving of his behaviour, Do U fell into darkness and joined them in the spirit world. In truth, his ancestors were rescuing him from life.
It was at this point that Gum escaped and continued work on his master's goal of achieving transformation. A lifetime alone in the jungle, with only jaguars for company, eventually Gum mastered the transformation with help from Do U's spirit.