Boris mentioned in the Time to Make a Change thread that he would like to see more solo competitions. This has be reiterated again in chat and has garnered some support from solo enthusiasts that know who they are. Since I have quite a few updates and changes working on, I don't have the time to drum up something from scratch. So, I want those interested to start working on an idea for your solo competition to see if it would be worth the effort. This is also an opportunity to see how popular the idea may be.
Here are some questions to think of:
- How many participants should there be? How may minimum, how many maximum?
- How long should rounds last? One week, two weeks?
- Should there be a daily post rule like 24 hours? 48 hours?
- How long should the threads be? Just the usual 10 posts? Or would it be greater, like 20 posts?
- How would the prompts work? Would they be staff ran? Would the players create the prompt? Would it be topic based?
- How would the winners be chosen? Are there even any rounds? How would the first round transition to the next round? Would there be a new prompt, or a continuation?
- What would make it different than the Adventurer's crown or a 1v1 thread?
- Are you aware that 1v1 PvP matches do not have to be combat threads?