Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile

Of Wolf and Man

Amari knew it was rash and sudden to just leave like that but she had to, it was all too much. If it were just Philomel, Amari may have been able to handle that, but throwing Shinsou into the mix? That was an element she wasn’t expecting, nor was she expecting the whirlwind of emotions that had erupted from their encounter.

Being bound in a sexually suggestive manner, blindfolded, and stabbed. It wasn’t exactly the most heartwarming of reunions and when Amari found herself sitting alone with the Telgradian - she found herself feeling nostalgic as desires she didn’t know she had began to bubble to the surface. His cold demeanour did little to alleviate the matter.

So she had to leave. Amari knew she was a volatile person, she was aware she struggled to control her anger issues, and rather than lash out, she removed herself from the equation.

She had found the nearest inn and rented the cheapest room with a bath. She cleaned herself and allowed herself to cool down. Amari sighed as she sat on the bed, drying her wet hair.

The room was small, containing only a single bed, bedside table and gas lamp but it was all she needed. Amari had taken a long bath and had healed her wound, all she had to do now was sleep and forget the entire day happened.

Easy...Right…?

So why couldn’t she sleep? Why couldn’t she bring herself to shut her eyes and drift off into a dreamless sleep? Every time Amari closed her eyes she saw him Amari took a deep breath as she wrapped her arms around herself, trying to pull herself together. Dammit Amari...don’t let him get to you. He may not want to kill you but there’s nothing there, there never was.

She had to be realistic, the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. He wasn’t interested, she was nothing more than a sweet girl he rescued. In a way, it was probably why Samson was able to trick her so easily. Shinsou, much like his ice ability, was a cold man.

Her inner thoughts did little to comfort the red haired woman, instead she found herself silently crying as she attempted to push away the feeling of her loneliness.

Der Geächteter zerrissen
    EXP: 58,044, Level: 10
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 6,956
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,956

AP
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    It was starting to hit the early hours of the morning and the sun was still tucked behind the frozen Salvic earth. Only a dull glow of navy blue behind a thin blanket of clouds gave Shinsou any clue as to the time as he meandered on the road from Knife’s Edge back towards his destination; the White Chasm.

The library was several miles behind him, but memories of Amari stayed with him. Something terrible had happened in his absence to that poor girl, something which had turned her against him in the most oppressive way. The first time Shinsou had witnessed her accuse him with those cold, corrupted eyes was the toughest, no doubt about it. The Telgradian had felt her gaze turn him naked as the day he was born, made his skin crawl from the words of painful untruth she spoke, and when she inferred he had simply been falsifying his feelings for her and those final, harsh words slammed home...

That's when Shinsou Vaan Osiris knew it was for real. His heart blown away in the blink of an eye and nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. The truth was that the Telgradian loved Amari. Ever since the day he had saved her from the brutal slaver ring in the northern wastes, he had not stopped thinking or caring about her. She was omnipresent; like an aura, always in his being. Osiris couldn’t articulate anything he felt at the time; not that he was given the chance to before the red-headed noble had stormed out, but now he felt his stomach churn and his chest flutter in the most sickening way. How could he explain to her that he had saved her life by leaving? How could he tell her that the very people he had entrusted her to had risen up to betray him, using her as a pawn in an intricate plot to undermine the Telgradian?

She would never believe me now. It’s done. Everything is as good as fucked.

His mind in overdrive, the Telgradian found a fir and sat with his back pressed against the rough bark, the fabric of his greatcoat managing to soften the pressing. His legs were folded loosely before him, and his hands rested atop Shira’s cool, marine blue blade across his lap. Shinsou tried to thrust away the chilling memories and nagging guilt.

No. What the fuck am I doing? I should go back to Knife’s Edge and set the record straight.

”You want to return to Knife’s Edge, young champion?”

Shinsou started at the sudden interruption, before turning to face the direction of the voice. It unmistakeably belonged to the Thayne Am’aleh, the goddess of the sea, who had appeared as if in response to a silent call for help. Her beauty radiated with a soft, pulsing glow across the snow fields, and with a tender hand she stroked the Telgradian’s chin.

“Champion? First I’ve heard of it,” Shinsou reproofed, “…but, yes. If it is within your powers to do so, my goddess, I want to go back.”

The beautiful deity smiled, waving a hand over her elegant gown of light. “You fought to free my disciples from the slavers, and are as much my champion as I am your goddess. Now, it is time to free one more, but from fear and doubt. I’ll hear no more protests – your heart is clear, even if your mind is not. Be on your way, Telgradian. I’ll watch over you.”

The goddess called Am’aleh saw it fit to lift him up across miles of rolling tundra to deliver him back before the library in the outskirts of Knife’s Edge.

Silent, Shinsou rose to his feet and blinked. Drawing in a deep breath, he realized at once where he was. Vaeron had previously told him the name of the tavern Amari was staying at for the night; one that was only a short walk away from the town’s centre. He thought once more about the situation and tried to simulate her reactions to various forms of apology and explanation. Not only did he have to find a way to explain the reasoning behind his disappearance, Shinsou also needed to explain what Samson had done. His mind wandered briefly to the young man that had been charged with Amari’s care; the one who eventually turned against the Brotherhood and annexed the northern camp. He would pay for his treachery soon enough, along with any collaborators that had become embroiled in this uprising. But that was for another day.

The Salvic air, colder than before, stung at his flesh as the wind picked up with sudden ferocity, its gentle playfulness from the day forgotten.

As Shinsou swung the door of the Silver Cup tavern open, he felt a connection that shot to the very root of his soul. Amari was still here, doubtless. The Telgradian could feel the light in her soul shrunken and withered. It was as if…

All hope has gone…

"What can I do for you?" The voice jarred the Telgradian back to life. The innkeeper at the bar, to which Shinsou had made his way without even realizing, said nothing more but glared coldly at him. Osiris turned his face to the stairs and nodded upwards. His answer came in the form of a whisper as he shut his eyes and grasped his head in his hands.

“I want to see Amari.”

Althanas Operations Administrator

"Yes Baldrick, but you never said 'wibble'."

EXP: 34,110, Level: 7
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 890
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 890

AP
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    ”It’s probably housekeeping.” Amari thought as she pushed herself off the bed. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes were black from a restless night. Her body ached, still bandaged, despite her wound being healed by her magic, the pain of it still lingered. Amari wrapped a cotton white bedsheet around her naked form and opened the door. “I thought I said I didn’t want to be bothered.” Sne snapped.

It most definitely wasn’t housekeeping.

It was Shinsou Vaan Osiris.
    His thin eyes, tired from a sleepless night looked down at her from behind chocolate coloured locks. Amber orbs reflecting the fatigue he no doubt felt. Oh, those glorious golden eyes. Amari found herself indulging in them, drowning in their somber pools. It made her feel nostalgic, reminded her of days long gone; where the sun would catch them just so, and they shone as though his very being was set alight. Now, they were dull and it was heartbreaking. She wanted to reach out and brighten them once more with a gentle caress of his cheek, accompanied by a lighthearted joke which would make him smile and his shoulders move with melodic laughter. But those days were long gone.

“Shinsou….” His name came out as a whisper. Amari wasn’t expecting him at the door, rather...she’d expect anyone but him. The man she loved was standing before her, the man who couldn’t possibly reciprocate those feelings in return. She had just spent the entire night trying to convince herself that she didn’t need him, that she didn’t want him, and that she had to move on from him and now he was here. As though she was bound to some sort of god of misery, who revelled in her despair.

Realising she had been standing there, with the door open for far too long, she quickly slammed the door in his face and pressed her forehead against the wood. “Shit….shit...shit..shit why is he here?” She asked herself.

There was silence on the other side of the door. No sounds of inquiry or annoyance. Not even the soft muffled footsteps of him walking away. Amari’s gaze fixed on the door, just a few inches kept them apart. Amari hadn’t the slightest clue why he was here, she had left in such anger the night before. She may as well have slapped him across the face and spat on his honour. Was he here to shout at her? No… if he were here in anger a simple door would not have stopped him. If not that then what? She rested her head on the door, her heart beat hard and fast in her ears as she tried to rationalise the reason he came. Finally, it dawned on her.

Amari carefully opened the door again, just enough for her to peek through, “Sihinsou, hello.” Amari quietly said. She swung the door open in full and gestured for him to enter the small room. “You’re here for me to heal your soul, yes?” It took all her strength to keep her voice from wavering. He was here because of a promise that she had made long ago; despite everything… Amari was a woman of her word, and she’d heal him… just as he requested. He’d leave her, and again, she’d be left with nothing more than the sweet memories he had given her.

The man stood in the doorway, his blazing gaze boring into her for a few silent moments before he entered. She gently clicked the door shut behind him. Amari wished he would say something, anything. The silence was killing her. “You can stand, or take a seat on the bed if you like.” Amari sounded reserved, cautious. Almost afraid. A stark contrast to the angry and heated woman from the night before. Shinsou glanced around the room before looking at her.

“Do you really think that is what I came here for?” He asked, his voice was equally reserved as her own, with the slightest trace of what could have been anger and betrayal. Looking at him, Amari found it impossibly hard to read what was going through his mind. It had always been that way, the Telgradian always seemed to have some sort of inner turmoil that she could never fathom. Amari pulled her eyes away from his.

“I…” Amari paused, “If not that... then….an apology?” Amari asked before clarifying. “I mean… from me…?” She wanted to make amends with him, at the same time she was desperately trying to keep her distance to avoid further heartache. Everything about him threw her completely off kilter, all of her Masters training and programming, all that time she had built up a strong and powerful facade, angry, violent.. A woman never to be trifled with. All of it shattered in his presence.

“I am sorry, for what I did to you, forcing you to see those things. I anger easily these days. It won’t happen again.”
    Last edited by Mari; 04-06-17 at 07:45 AM.

Der Geächteter zerrissen
    EXP: 58,044, Level: 10
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 6,956
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,956

AP
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Amari's word's were a cacophony of confusion, but the sentences she formed were purely aesthetic. She had talked like this before; jumping from hurtful accusations, manifested by that dark anger as she vocalized these imagined slights, to softer moments of underlying compassion without really knowing herself where to hedge herself. Shinsou was no longer interested in words. Everything he wanted to know was deep inside her, because the Telgradian could sense her conflicted soul burning with almost magnesium brilliance; a totally different aura than the one he sensed before.

Shinsou felt that he was like staring into the entire universe, except it stared back with added intensity. It felt somewhat judgemental, as if whatever he said next was always going to be found wanting beneath the weight of its gaze.

Confronted with this, Osiris became humble, whether he wanted to or not.

"I'm not here for an apology, either. I know what happened; how Samson played you back at the camp. Turns out he's one of Ducos's moles, and he probably thought that driving a wedge between us would shake things loose. But it doesn't matter. I could prattle on all day about what happened and why, and you would either believe me or not. I just have this feeling that you already know the truth. That is good enough for me."

Shinsou knew that the subject was already at saturation point, and that the conflict with Ducos bore little relevance to what Amari thought about him. But, as he stepped into the circle pattern of a rug adorning the floor, he felt a shift in Amari's soul, one that seemed to cause light to flicker in and out of view. She spoke without even moving her lips.

"Your time with the Hand didn't strip you of all your humanity. I don't know what Lye did to you, or what was triggered to get your soul so broken, but I will make sure no-one lays a finger on you ever again."

It was the perfect delivery of how he felt, but to melt the ice all the way to the core of Amari's heart, Shinsou knew it wasn't enough to just pledge his protection. This situation had happened so quickly that no-one, not even himself, even had time to notice that he cared about her more than anyone in the world. At the time, Shinsou felt he was just doing the right thing by taking her in after that botched mission to find Am'aleh's aggressors. But then, after months of tutoring, caring and soldiering on to turn Amari's situation around, Osiris had grown almost dependent on her presence. After every mission, she would be waiting for him. At every evening meal, the redheaded noble would be at his side. Her smile would greet him first thing in the morning and last thing before bedtime.

With a harsh Salvic wind whipping the windows came the sounds of curtains rustling, of leaves scraping against the frozen floor and squeaky shutter hinges swinging in the wind.

"It's not just that..." Osiris started again, a surety in his voice that was absent before, "...but for those long months away, all I thought about was coming back to you."

The truth made its entrance with less rhythm and madness than he expected, but there it now was; his heart a book opened on the ground in front of the astonished looking Salvic noble. The world inside that corrupted shell shuddered just a little bit in answer. Though fleeting, the moment had a permanence that stuck in the Telgradian's mind. Feelings constructed. They moved into place with purpose and brilliance; even just momentarily.

With Amari before him, he lifted his eyes met her bewildered gaze. Shinsou knew that Lye would like to think that nothing human looked out upon the world from those eyes anymore, but that was a falsity and for a fleeting moment the Telgradian took joy in that small victory. Amari's eyes were fascinating. They were compound, shimmering like diamonds made true by years of toil.

"So, here I am; not as the Executor of the Brotherhood, or the Telgradian usurper, or a soldier. I am Shinsou Vaan Osiris, true and straight, and I've come back for you."

Althanas Operations Administrator

"Yes Baldrick, but you never said 'wibble'."

EXP: 34,110, Level: 7
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 890
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 890

AP
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “I will make sure no one lays a finger on you...ever again.”

Those words shook her, they tugged at her heart, piercing it with pained daggers. How could she possibly believe those words? After all she had been through. Amari thought she were stronger, she thought she could stand tall and proud on her own, and yet… and yet…

Her lips trembled and goosebumps formed on her skin. The icy air from outside did not leech through the windows but she still felt it, his kind words sapped any strength she had and froze her. Amari could barely react to them. She wanted to scream and shout at him but whatever heated words she had for the man before her evaporated before they had a chance to manifest.

Then, his next words, another attack -

I've come back for you.

How long did she have to wait to hear those words? How many nights waiting at the pier for him to return, worn from his missions to only be met with a half grin and a empty pat on her head? How many nights did she spend waiting alone in the rain with tearful eyes watching the stormy seas afraid he’d never return?

Amari faltered as she stepped toward him, finally finding her voice, small and shaking, “Y-You…”

Amari gripped the sides of his jacket with trembling hands, it was all she could do to keep herself together. “YOU!” She shouted as she gingerly shook him back and forth, her words warbled between the sobs that wracked her body. If her Master saw her now, he would be sorely disappointed. “You… “ She said again with less bite to her voice as it broke into a weak sob. Amari pressed her forehead to his torso. The fain scent of his drinking prior hung in the air, along with the wetness of rain, and the loamy scents of fresh earth. I was comforting.

“You gave me the happiest moments of my life...” She shook her head, “ but you took them away... I- I became stronger. I learnt to cut any ties I had with people….”

Amari pushed him away and wiped her tears with the back of her arm, smearing them across her face. “You want to know what I’ve been through?” She gave a bitter laugh as she struggled to straighten herself. “I’ve died! I’ve killed my brother, my father... I’ve plucked the eyes from all the men who defiled me! I’ve learnt that emotional ties are worthless and just a weakness, I grew stronger...I could hold my own and...and just like that you destroy me again! HOW?” She screamed at him in hurt tears, “WHY?” Her trembling hands wrapped around the centre of her chest, twisting the black material of her shirt. “Why do you make my chest hurt? WHY?”

Shinsou took a step forward and Amari took a step back. “S-STAY AWAY!” She shouted but her words fell upon deaf ears. “Amari… “ His tone was exasperated and concerned, filled with an emotion Amari couldn’t even begin to fathom as he quickly broached the gap between them.

Amari took another two steps back till the back of her foot hit the bed and she tumbled backward onto the gray cotton covers. Shinsou approached her and leaned over her, Amari grabbed his arms in a bid to push him away. His skin seared at the mild burning sensations but the pain didn’t stop his advance. Amari.” His voice held a concerned sternness to it. Which caused Amari’s struggles to cease. The angry red light from her hands dimmered and dissipated in wisps of crackling smoke. Amari didn’t truly want to hurt him.

There she lay, a visage of spilled scarlet amidst a dreary grey. Her eyes in all their green and gold and red splattered splendor stared up at the man that managed to sink deep into her being with nothing more than his presence. Questioning his reasons, his answers and his motives.

Shinsou gently pressed her wrists into the bed as he lowered himself over her, pressing his lips fast to hers.

In that instant her world ceased to exist, the pain of heartache, her tears, her time within the Crimson Hand… it all seemed to swirl into an incomprehensible mess of faded memories. It was replaced with the rush of warmth that came with the innocent kiss. Amari didn’t realise how she had longed for this moment nor how much it’d affect her. A small whimper escaped from her lips as she drew in a sharp breath, afraid to move as though the slightest shift would shatter the delicate moment.

There was silence between the two, and not even the howling wind and rattling windows could destroy the tender moment, nor penetrate the warmth that his action bought. Finally, after what seemed like hours, but was only seconds Amari spoke. “I wanna know…” There was a pause and the electricity in the air ceased as though knowing the weight of her words. “Do you.. love me?”

Another pause.

“I love you.”
    (23:17:08) BlackAndBlueEyes: Everything's coming up Lyehouse