EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile

[Open] An Adventurer's Life...

(Open to ONE solid poster that can see this through to the end. Please contact me BEFORE posting.)

~The Past: Elthas at age 15~

Elthas woke up with a start...

He wasn't sure what he was dreaming about...only that he was dreaming.

For Elven kind...time flowed different...reality was different. When one had the weight of time on their shoulders...one could get anything done. And nothing at the same time. Elthas's people were a simple lot. They lived off the land, living and protecting grand forests. One such forest...in Raiaera...fell. Fell to a dread Necromancer's power. Elthas would have given his life to prevent that from occurring. He blinked several times as he found himself thinking about many strange things. The forest he lived in...Concordia...no Concordia was not a good enough name for Home. Ruild was the name of Concordia in the tongue of his people. Home...we are Forest Folk... Elthas thought to himself as he climbed out of bed, removing the last remnants of sleep from his eyes. His eyes had a fierce intelligence in them. The studious kind...but not for the thirst of arcane learn. Elthas craved knowledge simply for the sake of craving knowledge. Not all who study become famous Wizards...I'll leave that to the experts. My skill lies in these... Elthas picked up his most prized possessions. His daggers. The weapons were crafted by his Father...Halm Belthasar. Elthas attached the dagger's scabbards to his belt after placing that on too.

Looking out of his window...Elthas noticed the bright morning sunlight.

Another day in Ruild...

"Elthas! Breakfast is ready!" Came the calling from downstairs.

The folks of Ruild lived in houses fashioned from the very oak trees themselves. Belthasar House was one such oak tree. It was a massive old specimen, and the living part of the tree was kept intact with the magics of The Elders. As Elthas walked he placed his hand on the tree bark itself. Smooth, tempered with time and energies of life...radiant. The tree was as much alive as the rest of the forest was. Elthas turned to see his Mother looking at him. They were all Ruild Elves there, a few Humes (Humans) lived in their ranks as well. Members of other Corone races lived there as well...but largely...daft Ruild folks.

Elthas turned his attention towards his Mother, Ellysia. Elthas got his hair and eyes from her...but his personality was largely influenced by his Father. Halm Belthasar. Who was a famous Hero of their town. To call the small gathering of Ruild Elves a city...would have been far too grandiose. Elthas looked at his mother and bowed partially with utmost respect.

"Mother." Elthas said calmly.

"No need for such formalities, my son." Ellysia said casually. And chuckled. "Something troubles you my son...what's on your mind?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

"I have not been sleeping well..." Elthas could not withhold information from the inquisitive eyes of his Mother. "I keep dreaming about things...things I don't want."

"Our people are sensitive to The Aetherial forces of Althanas." Ellysia continued. "Sometimes they grant our minds Visions. Dreams. The seers of our tribe would oft act on these Visions. Tell me my son...what are you dreaming of?" Ellysia walked with Elthas towards a nearby table.

They both sat down on separate chairs opposite one another.

Elthas didn't know where to begin. "I'm fascinated by Hume cultures." Elthas began. His Mother did not interrupt. "I know I should be content with the life and Home that Father and The Elders built for us. But I want more...I want to write my story on the pages of history."

"...You don't want to live in your Father's shadow you mean." Ellysia suddenly said.

That was like a smack to the face. Elthas blinked for a moment and looked away from the almost accusatory glance. "...Father crafted me the daggers of our people for a reason. I know I am meant for more Mother."

"You chose those weapons of your own will. You could have studied any of our arts...but the daggers called to you." Ellysia said. "When I first met your Father. He was dashing and even back then was a noble soul. Some folks are just like that. Able to discern the differences between Evil and Good. At it's most fundamental level. Your Father is a Hero."

Elthas nodded. "I know the teachings of our family. Mother. I can't help shake the feelings that somewhere...there is more for me. Somewhere...." Elthas had trouble formulating his words correct in front of his Mother. She made him feel bigger and at the same time much smaller than he really was. Elthas looked at his Mother. "I'm trying to ground my desire as best as I can but my heart always wanders..."

"My son. My beautiful boy." Ellysia began. "In your heart you are an Adventurer. Always have been. Me and your Father tried to raise you the best we could but you are meant for more. The day on your twelfth birthday when you took up the blades that your Father crafted you." She sighed for a moment. "I always knew in my heart that you could not settle down and live as a protector of our Home." She looked off into the distance for a moment as if listening to something far away... "But in my heart I also always have known that me and your Father have raised you to the best of our capacity. You will go into the bosom of Althanas and work great wonders through the rings of her trunk."

Elthas knew that metaphor well. Ellysia spoke of The Great Tree of historical reference to Ruild folks. Elthas nodded. "Mother. There's more. I have been dreaming about Father...where he might be at the moment. I think...The Aether shows me he is in Pain."
    Last edited by Elthas; 10-20-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    ~Day 2~

Elthas looked at The Elders in The Great Tree for a long moment.

He felt a bit of fear and anxiety at the situation at hand...this had all been arranged by his Mother, Ellysia Belthasar.

The things that Etlhas told her caused a great deal of concern for the wellness of Halm Belthasar. The great Hero of Ruild. Elthas was summoned forward by Xu, and the other Elders. They were sitting in formation at the front of the chamber in The Great Tree. Elthas walked slowly forward once he was summoned. His eyes studiously going over The Elders. Elthas had only been summoned a few other times in his young life. This one being one of the more serious matters.

"Come forward. Son of Halm Belthasar." The leader of The Elders said calmly. "Your Mother has told us matters which greatly concern us."

Elthas stopped when he was directly in front of The Council and bowed deeply before them. There were six members, including Xu who was one of the newer additions to the group.

"The Great Tree has granted you a vision, young one. Please share with us, that vision." The Elder asked.

Elthas hesitated for a moment. He wasn't sure how to proceed at that point, but decided to say it all straight out. "I know where my Father, Halm Belthasar, is." Elthas explained. "For the past few weeks I have been dreaming about him...as I were by his side. I have seen how he suffers for our right to live in virtual peace with everything." Elthas continued. "The Great Tree has shown me what must be done to save my Father."

The Elders whispered with each other for a moment in a gravely concerned tone. Xu merely watched Elthas in silence.

"Can you tell us what he is currently doing?" One of The Elders asked.

"He is fighting a War. A War that has brought much pain and death to Radasanth." Elthas said. "Beyond that...I have not been shown much else."

"He speaks of the damned Civil War in Radasanth!" One of The Elders suddenly shouted.

"We cannot be certain that is The War in question...but perhaps a personal battle of Halm himself." Another Elder responded.

"The Great Tree doesn't always reveal all the pertinent information." Another Elder began. "She gives the starting point...not the conclusion or possible conclusion. We must be thankful that The Great Tree has spoken through this boy."

One of the other Elders looked at Elthas as they debated with themselves. The man spoke. "What is your desire in bringing us this information?" The Elder asked.

"I just want to help Father for all the times he's helped US." Elthas said with perhaps a harsher tone in his voice than he meant to speak in. "I want to find Father and bring him back to us." There was more to it than that...but Elthas did not say the rest of it out loud.

"He is too young to go off on his own like this." One of The Elders said calmly. "But the WILL of The Great Tree must be acted upon."

Suddenly, another individual entered the chamber. Elthas felt the presence of Brother, Drathis Belthasar. "Forgive my interruption but I shall go with him. I too, wish to see Father returned back to us." Drathis walked carefully towards The Council. "Elders a Parcel arrived at our House this week. It confirms what my Brother is saying." Drathis handed The Elders the parcel that The Radasanth government sent The Belthasar House.

"This is the military seal of Radasanth itself!" One of The Elders said.

They read the letter. "Halm's unit has fallen under attack. They have lost contact with the entire unit, how can this be?"

Elthas frowned at the information he'd just learned. They kept that from me... He thought to himself but said nothing. He nodded towards Drathis as the older lad stood by his side. "I wish to rescue Father." Elthas said once again confirming the severity of the situation at hand.

"What will you decide about this, Elders?" Drathis said calmly.

They were reading the information The Radasanth government sent about Halm's current situation. "Halm is a Hero and they won't spend resources to rescue him? Or even ascertain his where abouts?"

"The Humes have fallen from grace." Another said.

"Silence. Everyone." The leader suddenly said. "Elthas...my boy. You have done well to bring us this information. Drathis you as well. Halm has saved our people time and time again from imminent disaster. We MUST find him." The Elder said. "I will allow you two to search for him...may The Great Tree provide you with Halm's safety and bring him back!"

"You had that letter this whole time...? Elthas asked after they were walking back towards House Belthasar.

"We couldn't tell you about it because it's a serious matter." Drathis responded. "The government of Radasanth won't spare resources to find Father. That much is true which means he is in more danger than me and you possibly could know."

Elthas stopped walking for a moment. Drathis paused a moment later to look at his Brother. "What's wrong, Elthas?"

"I'm just thinking. What if Father is already dead?" Elthas asked without meaning to.

"We still must rescue him. Even if it's only his body we recover...or whatever we can. We should tell Mother everything that has transpired. We have the blessings of The Elders to go save Father from his current situation." Drathis said calmly.

"I shall be by your side Brother. Let us rescue Father as soon as we can." Elthas said calmly.

And so...it began.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Drathis looked at the map he was given from The Elders.

"Do you know where we're going?" Elthas asked as his Brother studiously went over the documents.

"I'm one of the BEST Rangers, Elthas. Of course I know where we're going." Drathis said carefully. They'd traveled across Corone on horse-back for a week at that point. The target location, Drathis knew was one of the hot spots during the war. Drathis knew that Elthas could not possibly comprehend the danger they were both in. "The Elders have doomed us." Drathis suddenly said calmly.

He stopped commanding his horse forward, and Elthas stopped a moment or two later. "This is worse than I thought." Drathis dismounted from his steed, kneeling down against the bark of a tree and studying calmly. "Elthas...what do YOUR eyes see." Drathis removed a small pouch from his personal belongings. His hands moving with the nearly supernatural grace of their people's name sake. Drathis took some white powder from the pouch and sprinkled it against the roots. "Reveal." Drathis said calmly in the language of the elders.

Elthas looked carefully at what Drathis just did. He always was a better student of the arcane arts. Elthas saw symbols suddenly manifest against the roots of the tree. "I see the symbols now. Wards...or a warning more like." Elthas knelt down against the tree as well. "It's written in a pagan language...I can just make some of it out."

"It says don't go any further." Drathis said. He stood up and replaced the pouch in his packs. He looked around. "We are being watched."

"Yeah...What do we do...?" Elthas asked.

Suddenly, several figures emerged from the shadows. Using a form of shadow-walking that Drathis had seen before. "That ability..." Drathis said calmly and readied his sword. "Elthas get ready to defend yourself."

One of the six figures stepped forward and moved towards the two Brothers. "Elthas...." The figure suddenly called his name! The shadowed figure lowered their hood and the darkness faded from around his figure...almost as an aura. Two more of the six figures came forward and did similar actions.

"Are you certain he is the one?" Another figure asked the first.

"He is changed this time...but I am certain it is him." The first figure said carefully. "Lower your weapons." The fellow said calmly. "As long as The Sons of Halm Belthasar are here you will not be harmed." The figure explained.

Elthas looked at Drathis. What was going on...? Elthas knew time flowed different for his people...sometimes...lives coincided with other lives. Just sometimes. "Who are you?"

"We worship a Lesser Thayne named Elthas Belthasar." The man looked directly at Elthas. "When you first came to us you were very different. A shadow of what you are now. We suspect The Thayne saw fit to bless you with new life. But before you underwent that change you left a group of followers to your name. We've been waiting your return."

"I don't believe you." Elthas suddenly said, unsure of how to respond...

"Before you left our fold...you said something like this would happen. So in preparation for that, you gave me an item of import to you. You said you yourself would know what to do with it." The man removed an object from his robes. The object was a locket! The locket had a peculiar glow about it. Elthas looked carefully at the surface of the locket and saw the symbol of House Belthasar. "You told us your Mother gave it to you a long time ago." The man said calmly and handed Elthas the locket.

"How can this be...?" Elthas said. He looked at the locket and opened it. There was indeed an old, worn painting of Elthas and his Mother...Ellysia. Elthas appeared much younger and so did his Mother..Halm was not present in the picture... "This picture..."

"You said that the locket would hold significant meaning to you in whatever form you came back as. Your teachings instructed us that Reincarnation is not an unknown practice of The Thaynehood." The man continued. "The last time we all met like this...you said you would return to our fold." At that point, all six of the followers were standing before Elthas and Drathis.

Drathis looked at Elthas. "Elthas...he isn't lying. What are we going to do?"

Elthas closed the locket. "I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. But you guys know me...my people. Me and my Brother...we're here looking for someone who was last seen near this area. Our Father. The Hero, Halm Belthasar." Elthas continued. "Can you help us rescue him?"

"You're here for Halm?" The figure asked... "You were told we took him were you not?"

"Yeah." Elthas shook his head. "But looking into your eyes...man to man...I KNOW you don't have him." Elthas could see a kindness in the follower's eyes.

Drathis felt uncomfortable. "Elthas The Elders...the letter..."

Elthas nodded. "We have information that places my Father somewhere in this area of Corone." Elthas continued to speak. "If you don't have him...perhaps you know where he is?"

"I have tracked your Father's captors...you are NOT going to like what I have to tell you." The man said carefully.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas tapped his foot as the man explained what was going on...

He placed his hand under his chin and rubbed it in deep thought. He was trying to understand...what he had just learned. Suddenly, Elthas became angry. "The CODE, the Alliance!" Elthas blurted out. Elthas learned something that day that would shake him to his very core. All of his life, Halm Belthasar had raised Elthas in such a way that he would always honour the alliances between Men and Elves. That new information made Etlhas extremely angry. "Do you know why this has happened? The Government of Radasanth refuses to send any help for my Father." Elthas handed the letter towards his follower. He now accepted that he'd reincarnated from a past life into his current state. And that there were many lives that he would undergo...across history.

It was the way of The Thayne.

Elthas did not like the information that he was hearing. "My Father raised me to believe in the integrity of Men." He shook his head. "I don't think ALL Humes are bad." He continued. "But this group of traitors...has done something unforgivable. And now...I am going to ask you lot to do something for me and my Brother." Elthas explained.

At that point, Elthas's followers all emerged from the wilderness of Ruild. There were roughly twenty of them all dressed in the same fancy robes. The man that Elthas was speaking to remained in front of Elthas, explaining the situation at hand.

"Simply stated, your Father's squad defected from Radasanth's militia." The man continued. "They are holding your Father captive and he has undergone extreme torture."

Elthas nodded and thought very carefully about what must be done. "We must save my Father." Elthas said calmly. "He has done too much for my people. For everyone...to honour the old Alliances. Do you know exactly where he is being held?" Elthas was considering what had to be done.

Drathis looked at Elthas and his followers. "Father would think he has been abandoned." Drathis suddenly said.

"Then it is all the more important we save him from these traitors." Elthas said boldly. He was clearly not afraid...not with his followers present.

EXP: 3,467, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,533
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,533

GP

Name
    Rameses Oasis Vaeron
    Race
    human
    Life was but life. Feelings were but feelings. Love ... well, Vaeron had questions over the validity of even the world, just had once his great ally, general and close friend Philomel van der Aart, Matriarch of the feminist guild, the Gilded Lily.

Of course, she had doubted it many years ago, back when she was just a simple prostitute like any other. Caught between the clutches of anger and man, her need for money and her pimp. It took her to learn the ways of the sword and strike out with it to free herself first, then her mother, and then the rest of Radasanth itself. Now almost every brothel in Radasanth had some form of connection to her, whether it was through actual membership to the Gilded Lily, or a mere friendship. In any case, the whores of Radasanth, and of Corone, and now of the steadily growing world, were much better off thanks to that one particular faun.

And Vaeron had been with her for near on every step of the way. Watching her attitude change as she fell in love, first over a woman and and then over a man, finally admitting to herself that love could be a possibility for anyone. Including her, the whore of whores.

But he - he was not so sure. Despite even having a daughter with the said faun, Vaeron's attitude had not altered. Still, he had not found the man for him, and he doubted that the homophobic world he lived in would ever allow for that. Thus it was that he took to roaming the great forests of Corone by himself at night, calm and collected with only his mighty steed Megladon for company. No women were around him in those times, no whores and no besotted princes begging for a single night. There was no talk of romance, no rumour of marriage, simply him and his horse riding.

Snap.

The sound made him jump. Eyes suddenly opening wide Vaeron looked down to see that one of his black stallion's huge hooves had snapped a thick branch in two. For an ordinary humanoid it would usually be a twig, but for the shire horse ... well. It might as well be.

Megladon tossed his head and snorted with distaste with the noise, but kept on going at the same steady pace. Fierce and proud he was the ultimate mount for battle, who had not let Vaeron down once. Clearly it was he who had caused the sound, but Vaeron still felt on edge as the horse settled down back into silence. All the thoughts that had been running through his head about life and feelings and love vanished, as he considered what else could be out here in the dead of dark, under an illumination of stars and bright, full moon.

Crrrrkkkk ...

A soft breeze began to pick up and waft through the higher leaves. Somewhere, close, an owl hooted and took off to find food. The relative peace of the night went on, yet things remained unsaid, and eventually uncertainty came to reign.

Vaeron drew his dagger, Kraken, letting the indigo blade bare into the night and sighed.

"That is enough," he murmured to Megladon. "Let's head back."

And he lightly tugged on the reigns to turn the horse around. As he did his eyes scanned the trees, just making sure there truly was no one there. The wind picked up, and a flurry of bats zoomed overhead, their multiple wings snapping like leather bonds. Gently Megladon obeyed his master, letting his head follow his body, and -

Vaeron froze. As did the horse. For right in front of them, where nothing had been before was now a series of elves. Armed. And not looking happy.
    Last edited by Vaeron; 11-04-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    (Ailsa feel free to bunny any NPC's you need to.)

The followers of Elthas looked up at Vaeron on his horse for a moment.

"What should we do here?" One of them asked their superior. There was a mix of followers, robed men and women who had devoted their lives to the return of Elthas Belthasar. And as promised, the son of Halm Belthasar was once again back in their ranks. The robed figure looked at Vaeron for a moment. Then decided to do the right thing as were The Belthasar teachings.

"Lower your weapons, all." One of the robed figures said and gently approached the human, Vaeron. "Hail stranger." The robed figure said calmly. "If you're not lost I can take you to see Elthas and his Brother. I am certain he would be thrilled to meet someone of your apparent skill level." The man said calmly. "What do you say?" The robed figure asked of Vaeron.

Elthas realized at that point what he was dealing with. A group defected from Radasanth's military. Likely using Father as a hostage or something of that nature... Elthas sighed. He decided at that point that he strongly disliked Hume politics despite his admiration and respect for Humes in general. Elthas looked at Drathis. "We have the resources to go save Father. Right here."

Drathis rubbed his chin in deep thought. "We could already be too late but Father would at least want to die at home." Drathis nodded in agreement.

Elthas turned to look towards the robed figures, his followers. "We must save my Father."

The robed figure nodded. "There's an old fort near here." The robed figure said calmly. "Your Father is there...along with the group of traitors."

An old fort...they would desecrate old ruins too... Elthas nodded calmly. "We need to find a way in there...and break Father out." Elthas paused for a moment or two. "Do you know how many are in the group that have Father?"

The robed man considered the question carefully. "There are roughly twenty, plus their leadership body. And they have sympathy from some locals."

One of the other robed figures looked at Elthas. "We will have to strike decisively to save your Father."

And with that...the foundations of a plan was forming.

"Gather your group." Elthas said carefully. "We must save Father...all depends on this."
    Forest Childe...

GP

Name
    Rameses Oasis Vaeron
    Race
    human
    Vaeron just blinked, looking confused more than anything. An uneasy night, full moon and only the glint of stars. Trees that swayed a little too much with an effortless breeze, and a massive horse now just standing there, snorting his dislike at seeing five robed elves. Before them. Armed, but not pointing them directly at him. One seemed a little anxious, though, and had his bow pointed just a little higher from the ground in a way that was not exactly under his commander's orders. His cloak hid the majority of it, so the position of the arrow was not clear. At any point it could rise and strike Vearon's leg - or Megladon at the slightest subtle maneouvre ...

"Wait, what?" Vaeron stared at the commander, eyes growing large and demanding, "Who are you and what I am agreeing to? Who is an Elthas?"

His hand tensed on the hilt of his knife. His jaw, already set, tightened as he tried to look at the commander before him and not at the elf who seemed determined to hate him forever. Having been raised in Raiaera Vaeron knew what some elves could be like - horribly racist. True - most people were xenophobic in one way or another, whether it be against demons or orcs, but that was usually a small measure of that fear. What some elves held for humans was beyond simple dislike - it was an abosolute disgust of their very existence. Better that they be wiped from the land than be able to walk the same path of a noble elf.

The commander, though, looked a little friendlier, and did not seem to notice his underling, whose face was grimly set. Instead, he smiled softly and held up two empty hands, offering peace.

"I said if you are lost, then we can help."

"I am not lost," Vaeron said in a low growl, breath beginning to quicken. "I am here, in the forest where I-"

He broke off, realising that he was approaching in telling these beings the truth - that somewhere, closeby, was a path that led through the long, winding forest back to the Gilded Lily fortress. Oh yes, it was still some good few miles off, and the path was more of a hidden track, but anything approaching a hint was deadly to any enemy ears. Even if they were not enemies yet.

"I know where I am," the mage said, shifting his weight on his horse. Megladon huffed a little. "I can find my way back from here. Thank you ..."

The commander smiled more and put out a hand whilst he shook his head. "Friend, I think it would be best if you came with us?"

Was it a threat? Or just a suggestion? Vaeron wasn't sure, but he certainly wasn't happy about this situation. There were five elves that he could see, however, just one, and possibly more hidden. One at least was determined to get a shot if given the chance and perhaps he had genuinely wandered into their territory. Vaeron highly suspected that there was at least one mage amongst these people, one far more powerful than him, and without Philomel here, or even his daughter to prophesy what happen next, Vaeron had really no choice.

Go along with it. Even if it was just the one who hated him who was the threat.

He ground his back teeth, but nodded once. Roughly.

"Fine," he muttered, "Take me to this ... Elthas."

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    The robed figures heralded Vaeron back towards where Elthas and the rest of the small cult were. Elthas blinked as the horseman was lead into the group's position and he looked up from his deep thought. At that point, Elthas was still fairly young insofar as his people went. His brother, Drathis was well into his early hundreds of years in terms of age. Elthas looked at Vaeron for a long moment and nodded towards him. Elthas looked at the man he was talking to for a moment. "All right. I guess we are all here then." Elthas then walked over towards Vaeron, a handsome fellow. "Sorry for any confusion here the folks here were probably just making sure you were not a threat." Etlhas appeared to be a young Elf, in his teenage years.

However, his eyes held a wisdom far beyond that of a typical teenager. He looked at Vaeron for a long moment, sizing him up. He decided that the fellow should be useful if he agreed to join him. Elthas stepped forward towards the horseman. "I'm Elthas. Forgive my compatriots here, things are a bit hectic at the moment." Elthas explained quickly. "I'm here to rescue my Father." Elthas decided he would trust the fellow before him. "We're planning our assault on the fort where he is being held. If you want to join us, there will be a substantial reward for all involved. I just want to save my Father." Elthas was making assumptions about his Father's current situation...little considering that something else may have been going on.

His squad betrayed Radasanth, more importantly they betrayed Father. To an Elf, honouring The Old Alliances was critical. Elthas frowned as he thought about the situation at hand. He just wanted to rescue his Father. No other help would come assist, that was the best he had. A simple cult that worshiped an older version of him...and this wandering horseman who was dragged into likely more than he intended to be a part of. Elthas kept his eyes on Vaeron. The leader of his cult walked up towards Elthas.

"The group is now ready. We will guide you towards the fort Halm is being held in." The robed figure said calmly.

Elthas considered that very carefully...It's likely something else is going on. But I have to make every effort to reach Father. There won't be another chance at this...I don't know if they will move him somewhere else and we loose this chance forever. Elthas clearly had a lot on his mind. But he wanted to do right by his Father. Elthas looked at the horseman for a long moment and nodded towards him. "What will you do, friend?" Elthas asked of Vaeron, and was curious to see if the horseman would accompany them as well...the fellow could be a wild card of sorts.
    Forest Childe...

GP

Name
    Rameses Oasis Vaeron
    Race
    human
    It had taken Vaeron some persuasion to come into the house itself, for he had not wanted to leave Megladon by himself. But then he had found out that the room was no more than a mighty tree and one foul smash of his dagger, Kraken, would tear a hole in the wood and bark. Perhaps at that time Vaeron would only last so long - that particular elf eager to kill him before would find his excuse. But at least there would be some chance. Some possibility of at least freeing Megaldon, the glorious, huge black beast and setting him free. Not at the hands of these unknown elves.

But then Vaeron had been shown Elthas.

Vaeron was surprised to find that Elthas was no more than a genteel young elf. As soon as he spoke, Vaeron felt intrigued at the way that Elthas held himself, proud and purposeful. A number of keen weapons were by his side, and his men seemed fiercely loyal. It was something that Vaeron often admired in people, especially Philomel, and he had the idea in his head as he faced the small council of robed, armed, elegant beings, that this could be a possibility.

"What will I do?" Vaeron grunted. "I'm here because your people found me. I was travelling, that was all. I did not know there was even a group of people here."

His eyes swam across the group of elves, anxious as he thumbed the hilt of the Kraken. On his back also was strung his eager bow and no arrows. They were ready, prepared to fight if he needed to - however aside from the elf archer none had made a move ... Yet. Vaeron was somehow now involved in a group to rescue this fine elf's father and he had no idea why, or what this was. For all he knew the father could be being held by the true heroes and these people the villains.

But that seemed unlikely with the way the noble one, that they called Elthas, spoke soft and strong. There were temptations and wariness in the eyes of some of the elves, definitely, but not in his. Instead he held Vearon's gaze with a patience so deep it was gratifying.

"I hear you intending to go after your ... Father, and am asking me to come with." he said quietly. "Do you intend to keep me as a prisoner or some such? You're going to find it hard. I'm not entirely desiring being forced to go where I do not."

He paused.

"What is in it for me?" And gently he wrapped his hand around the Kraken's hilt. Truly he liked this Elthas, he seemed more reasonable than the last, but he wanted answers before he did or agreed to anything more.
    Last edited by Vaeron; 11-15-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas heard Vaeron speaking.

The fellow had brought up valid points...it had been all a misunderstanding. Tensions were high in the group of robed followers who were waiting for their Hero, Elthas, to return and he had. But things were not exactly what they seemed. Elthas considered the situation at hand. Then, he took matters into his own hands, and approached Vaeron very carefully. He took his money out of his packs and counted off five hundred gold coins. He placed it in a spare pouch and handed it towards Vaeron. "Five Hundred more when we find my Father. Are we in agreement?" Several of the robed fellows looked at Elthas with a strange look on their faces.

However, Elthas had made up his mind. He wanted any help he could get...finding his Father meant everything to him.

He'd not considered finding the cult waiting for him and his Brother, Drathis.

But they had...Elthas was not one who believed in coincidence. Everything happened for a reason, pre determination perhaps? But for a reason none the less. As he stood there he observed Vaeron very very carefully waiting to see what the confused fellow had to say. He looked around the inside of the tree for a moment, glad to be somewhere familiar to him. Elf folks liked to build their homes inside the hollows of trees, especially large oak trees. The trees were maintained alive in the process.

Elthas' people were very nature oriented as was Elthas himself.

Elthas thought about several matters when he handed Vaeron the money. Money was material, but a new friendship...a new ally...would last a life time.
    Forest Childe...