EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile

[Open] An Adventurer's Life...

(Open to ONE solid poster that can see this through to the end. Please contact me BEFORE posting.)

~The Past: Elthas at age 15~

Elthas woke up with a start...

He wasn't sure what he was dreaming about...only that he was dreaming.

For Elven kind...time flowed different...reality was different. When one had the weight of time on their shoulders...one could get anything done. And nothing at the same time. Elthas's people were a simple lot. They lived off the land, living and protecting grand forests. One such forest...in Raiaera...fell. Fell to a dread Necromancer's power. Elthas would have given his life to prevent that from occurring. He blinked several times as he found himself thinking about many strange things. The forest he lived in...Concordia...no Concordia was not a good enough name for Home. Ruild was the name of Concordia in the tongue of his people. Home...we are Forest Folk... Elthas thought to himself as he climbed out of bed, removing the last remnants of sleep from his eyes. His eyes had a fierce intelligence in them. The studious kind...but not for the thirst of arcane learn. Elthas craved knowledge simply for the sake of craving knowledge. Not all who study become famous Wizards...I'll leave that to the experts. My skill lies in these... Elthas picked up his most prized possessions. His daggers. The weapons were crafted by his Father...Halm Belthasar. Elthas attached the dagger's scabbards to his belt after placing that on too.

Looking out of his window...Elthas noticed the bright morning sunlight.

Another day in Ruild...

"Elthas! Breakfast is ready!" Came the calling from downstairs.

The folks of Ruild lived in houses fashioned from the very oak trees themselves. Belthasar House was one such oak tree. It was a massive old specimen, and the living part of the tree was kept intact with the magics of The Elders. As Elthas walked he placed his hand on the tree bark itself. Smooth, tempered with time and energies of life...radiant. The tree was as much alive as the rest of the forest was. Elthas turned to see his Mother looking at him. They were all Ruild Elves there, a few Humes (Humans) lived in their ranks as well. Members of other Corone races lived there as well...but largely...daft Ruild folks.

Elthas turned his attention towards his Mother, Ellysia. Elthas got his hair and eyes from her...but his personality was largely influenced by his Father. Halm Belthasar. Who was a famous Hero of their town. To call the small gathering of Ruild Elves a city...would have been far too grandiose. Elthas looked at his mother and bowed partially with utmost respect.

"Mother." Elthas said calmly.

"No need for such formalities, my son." Ellysia said casually. And chuckled. "Something troubles you my son...what's on your mind?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

"I have not been sleeping well..." Elthas could not withhold information from the inquisitive eyes of his Mother. "I keep dreaming about things...things I don't want."

"Our people are sensitive to The Aetherial forces of Althanas." Ellysia continued. "Sometimes they grant our minds Visions. Dreams. The seers of our tribe would oft act on these Visions. Tell me my son...what are you dreaming of?" Ellysia walked with Elthas towards a nearby table.

They both sat down on separate chairs opposite one another.

Elthas didn't know where to begin. "I'm fascinated by Hume cultures." Elthas began. His Mother did not interrupt. "I know I should be content with the life and Home that Father and The Elders built for us. But I want more...I want to write my story on the pages of history."

"...You don't want to live in your Father's shadow you mean." Ellysia suddenly said.

That was like a smack to the face. Elthas blinked for a moment and looked away from the almost accusatory glance. "...Father crafted me the daggers of our people for a reason. I know I am meant for more Mother."

"You chose those weapons of your own will. You could have studied any of our arts...but the daggers called to you." Ellysia said. "When I first met your Father. He was dashing and even back then was a noble soul. Some folks are just like that. Able to discern the differences between Evil and Good. At it's most fundamental level. Your Father is a Hero."

Elthas nodded. "I know the teachings of our family. Mother. I can't help shake the feelings that somewhere...there is more for me. Somewhere...." Elthas had trouble formulating his words correct in front of his Mother. She made him feel bigger and at the same time much smaller than he really was. Elthas looked at his Mother. "I'm trying to ground my desire as best as I can but my heart always wanders..."

"My son. My beautiful boy." Ellysia began. "In your heart you are an Adventurer. Always have been. Me and your Father tried to raise you the best we could but you are meant for more. The day on your twelfth birthday when you took up the blades that your Father crafted you." She sighed for a moment. "I always knew in my heart that you could not settle down and live as a protector of our Home." She looked off into the distance for a moment as if listening to something far away... "But in my heart I also always have known that me and your Father have raised you to the best of our capacity. You will go into the bosom of Althanas and work great wonders through the rings of her trunk."

Elthas knew that metaphor well. Ellysia spoke of The Great Tree of historical reference to Ruild folks. Elthas nodded. "Mother. There's more. I have been dreaming about Father...where he might be at the moment. I think...The Aether shows me he is in Pain."
    Last edited by Elthas; 10-20-2017 at 04:34 PM.