Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EXP: 31,911, Level: 7
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 3,089
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,089

GP

Name
    Taka
    “I could ask you the same thing Ulroke-dono,” The man replied. He carefully moved to the middle of the hallway a thumb pressed firmly against the tsuba of the katana on his hip. It wasn’t his first one, that one remained in his room. This was an iron one that the Ronin had found, nearly rusted through before he had begun the hard work of restoring it, seeing the kinship of the blade even now. It was nowhere near as elegant at Rengoku, but it certainly got the job done. He pressed, “A puppet must stay close to their master. That is the puppet’s role, and the basis of their relationship. So when the man that claims to be my charge’s master brings said charge half dead back, the puppet begins to wonder if it is time to defend his master from the idiocy of those that think they know best.”

“Try it, Ixian. I’ll have you skinned and turned into a corset for her to wear,” Lye growled.

“I’m no Ixian, she made sure of that...the man you’re looking for died of a bleeding heart,” Zero replied firmly. He then gestured to Uleroke, “You’re still hurt, your first blade would hardly be out of its sheath before I had blade to your throat. If the pain is bearable, you might have begun drawing the second. We can continue this pissing match, but I need to know what happened so I can act accordingly. So, I let you live, despite better judgement that you are leading her to her death. What happened?”

“Ask her yourself,” the words left through a scowl.

Eyes narrowed behind the mask before he spoke, “Whose child is it?” He paused looking at Lye’s reaction, “Don’t be upset, the walls here are thin, and I make it my job to know things about my charge.”

The assassin didn’t reply. Foolishly, he bared his back to Zero and began walking away. A sigh left Zero’s lips before the sound of the katana breaking the seal on his sheath could be heard, he paused his draw, waiting for Uleroke to respond to the thinly veiled threat. He knew the man’s pride would only allow such insolence in the most dire of circumstance. Further, Zero was deadlier when he was striking from a draw, and was certain the Crimson Assassin knew it too.

“Do it.” Lye stopped in place and waited. His back remained to Zero. Zero widened his stance, preparing himself to strike before the blade clicked back in, and the sound of the door opening was heard.

“One day, I will repay you for the blow to the back you gave me, not today,” He said firmly stepping into the sanctum beyond.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    He didn't answer me. I wanted my a̱̪n͇̮s͕͖̖̙͉w͚ ̦̳͈͓e̱ṛ͎̘.

Even so, as he leaned over and pushed me tighter into the covers I found it so very hard to move. The world around me swam in a delirium of floating colours. Of whites, and blues, blacks and the unmistakable greens of his sallow, tired eyes. I reached out to that swirl of colour and the pads of my fingertips hit his cheek. Warmth leaked into the cold of my fingers, and it sprang up against his skin like wildfire. He drew away.

My touch. Just my touch h͚̯̬̖�*̳̲uÌ®rÌžÍ‡Ì ¤ÍšÌÌ–t̩�*s̖̬ people.

My hand fell away as he left. My eyes were unable to focus but I could hear the steady thump of his boots against the chiseled onyx floor, the grind of the steel door as it opened then shut and the echo of the force behind it.

I was....wa R M? WhE Re WaS i ag͖͍͖A�*Ì©IN�*Í™Ì»Í Ì¤Ì™?

I shut my eyes. I liked this warmth. Even if I could feel it burning away, charring at my touch. Had I be Co Me so po Werful? So C̘̫�*̟͉̰oÌ¥Ì¼Í…Ì˜Í ÌªÌžr̞̞̮̙͓͚̱ RÌ–u̥�*̦̳̮͔p͇̞̪t ̜̗̩͚̟eÍ•Ì¤ÌŸÍ‰Ì¼ÍˆÌ –d ̯̹͇ͅ?͎̞̰ This was what someone wanted. Good.... G O oood..

I pushed myself off the bed, a shaking hand held a balled up section of blanket that trailed behind me as I took slow, steady steps toward what looked like the door. Darkness...it - it encroached on the field of my vision. There was no reason to me being up and around, no drive to walk and yet, as though pressing on and being goaded by an unknown force I moved. Soundlessly across a room I barely recognized.

The door opened and a figure stepped through, billowed waves of white followed. "Scarlet?" Gentle hands gripped my shoulders, then pulled away as flesh hissed and burned. "What happened?"

Still under the effects of Richards truth serum, I spoke with a hazy tone. "Everything...is shattering. I cannot...who are you?" I asked as I tried to focus my gaze on him.

"Zero. I'ts Zero. What is shattering?"

Ah...I faintly recalled that name, I took a shaky step forward struggling to support my own weight. "I am. I am No T Sc Ar let. I am...tool. I think... it's hard to think...tavern. Shinsou was there with another...ah..." I lifted a hand to gently graze the hole in my skin, where nothing but a blackness swirled beneath. "I shattered. I have a fever. Was told to...."

Words faded into nothing; as did my mind. Everything I was saying and doing in t Hat mom ent vanished, and ć̈̉̇͗eÌ€Ì€Ì‰ÌˆÍ¦Ì ‰Ì¬Ì¦Ì°Ì™as̪̫̳̫̞̽ͯ ͚̗e̮̻͓͍̘̝̔dÌŽÍŒ ’̼͔̻̙̓ Ì“Í¥Í‹Ì‡Í¥Í¯Í®Í™Ì®Ì¦Ì¥Ì ²ÌŸtÌ‡Ì…Ì‹ÍªÌƒÌ‘Í£Ì¬Ì¼Ì Ì—ÌŸÍ“o̔͋ͨͩͧÍ*̪̎ ºÍ‡Ì³Ì¦ ̟̞̱̲ͮ̓eÌ‹Í—Í¦Í«ÌšÌ Í„Í‰Ì¦ÍšÌœÍ“xÌƒÌ€Ì„Ì†Ì ¼Ì¼Ì©ÌºÍ…̦i͙̦̝̪͌ͤ œÌªÍšš͖̮̞̣̗̿tÌªÍ Ì*͍̩.Í«Í¬ÌšÍ—ÌŠÍƒÌŠÌ°Ì Ì¥

Small footsteps shuffled forward. The one man who had any iota of concern or care for her left behind, broken and battered as he was momentarily forgotten. Each barefoot step lead closer to the door then out.

Another came into blurred view.

Oh...

It was UlR OkE.

"̰͓͍͕͖͕̗L�*Í‰Í Ì®Ì«y̥�*Í•Ì°Í•Í•y̪̝ Ì—Í“e� �̲e̬͚̝̹͔̝̘.Ì—Ìž ̺.͍̣̪̪̖̟ͅ"Ì°Ì° Ì– The name fell from my lips long, drawled out and crackled. I stumbled forward, crashing into his chest. Gripping the leather of his jacket tightly I forced him down to the ground as I lost the ability to stand myself. The material hissed in my hands and melted away, pieces of ash were caught in the breeze and carried away. We were both on the floor now, him an unwitting prisoner of my grip, his upper half in my lap. There it was again, that tingling sensation of warmth.

I n E eD eD it.

My fingers absently fell through silver trestles as I stared blankly at a swirling world before me. It was like patting a dog, or a confused puppy. But such creatures w͔͎o̘̹ͅuÍšl̝̪̱dÌºÍ Í•ÍÍ…Ì°Ì¬ ͎̻͖d͍͔͓̩͓̪iÌ—eÌ ¤ÌºÌ™ in my grasp.

"You ...were going to...kill me, weren't you?"

He W A ss... go ing to try anD end <me.... how silly... he s aid it himself. I am iMmortal. He Is N oT.

My grip tightened, fingers digging into the holes they made in his attire. I clutched him tightly. The darkness, it was encroaching further and further on my vision. Perhaps...this was what my existence was now. "You're mine." The words came breathlessly from my lips. They weren't possessive, nor was it a threat. They were uttered as though I were a small child, who was about to have their beloved pet taken and beheaded in front of them.

"No one WilL take You from mE...."

And with that, the last of my vision faded, a low deep breath expelled and my body swayed side to side. There was nothing. No conscious thought. And yet, tender hands began to gently glide through silver hair once more, every so often a thumb gently grazing over a creased forehead. Beads of sweat dripped from a swaying fevered broken thing onto it's master below.

"I'l̹̹̝͓͉̥̻lÍ“Ì˜Í – k̮͖̰̝i̯̬̙�*ÌªÌœï ½*ll̯̞͚̺͓̳ �*̦th͖̩̱͙̯̜̞eÍšÌ ŸÌ—̟̳m̺͕̞ͅ ͍̟͉̺f̺̻̦̲͖̙i̦ ™Í‰ï¿½*̰͔͕r̫͇̣ͅs ͔͇ t"̳͇͖

Administrator

EXP: 87,404, Level: 12
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next Level: 2,596
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    To see her standing was a feat in its own. When she collapsed against him, he fell with her to lessen the blow. Part of him wanted to step aside so she could meet intimately with the cold stone floor, but a stronger sense urged him otherwise. The impromptu decision lead to a less than graceful decent. In it, he ended up with his body mostly in her lap, and his back arched slightly to avoid crushing her leg. Yet, without missing a beat, Scarlet began to run her fingers through his hair. The touch of her skin against his scalp felt like raking razors despite the intended affection behind it.

"You ...were going to...kill me, weren't you?" She murmured, her voice akin to a record whose needle would not settle.

It unnerved him. He was, but the painful display of affection had him questioning what exactly went through her head. Dead was naught but a minor inconvenience to her. To her, a stopped heart or severed head was the closest to torture she could get compared to a mortal. What fear could be derived from a condition with no permanence? Her grip tightened on his arm and the fingers slid past his leather and began to plunge beneath the skin like a hot iron. With clenched teeth, he bore the pain and tried to shift himself to a position capable of righting them both.

"No one WilL take You from mE...." Scarlet continued to mumble with demonic undertones.

Her grip loosened and the assassin managed to get his arms beneath her. Like soft, quiet drums, blood pattered to the floor from his new injury. Tendrils of ivory quickly tried to mend the finger holes but they shriveled and turned to ash faster than they could form. Lye carried the woman to the bed and laid her gently down into it. Beads of sweat rolled off her forehead and matted down locks of crimson.

She mumbled something else, too unintelligible for Lye to make out. It sounded like a threat. To whom, he was not sure. The assassin took a step back to inspect his own wounds and to let Scarlet slip into obscurity. The flesh seemed rotted, dead. His bones still reached out to seal the injury, but twisted and warped as they tried to weave into one another. His lip flared. He would need to cut the dead meat from the living. The assassin's arm fell to his side. Drip by drip of blackened crimson fell to the floor.

"I don't know," he finally answered. Tool? Mother? Noble? Slave? Lover?

"I don't know," he repeated.

A knock resounded on the door.

"Master, I've brought the sheets," spoke the voice of a familiar succubus. The first word seemed spoken through layers of venom.

"The door is open," Lye replied. Advencia walked through and staggered to a standstill at the sight of Scarlet. "Be careful."

Lye held up his dripping forearm as a trickle of red stemmed from his silver hairline and down his cheek. Advencia looked between the two with a raised eyebrow and a bit of shock.

"I'll leave you to it. I have a raven to send." Lye walked past Advencia and left to send a message to his favorite Briarheart bookworm.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    A few days had passed in fevered delirium for the woman. She was kept mostly in isolation, away from others and away from things her mere presence managed to burn away. No longer did she lay amongst the covers of a bed, instead she rested in the corner of their personal qaurters which had been cleared of any furnishings. Food had been given to her but She barely touched it. The Crimson Hand quickly began to go through what reserves they had of their sheets, down blankets and furs. Every so often a soft word would escape her lips as her eyes refocused, but mostly... she just stared into space leaning against the corner of the wall.

How long had it been since I shifted to the corner? I wasn't sure. I remember... the protests of a tiny woman with very proportionate breasts to her size. I remember a stoic silver haired man who simply watched wordlessly as I wandered to my cool and safe corner.

I don't... remember much else, it felt that if I closed my eyes great swaths of time would pass. Everything was always so blurry and hazy. My thoughts...my vision... my body was heavy and felt like lead. There were times where I felt hungry, so hungry... but whenever I tried to eat I'd dry retch. I managed stale bread, and water.

More time passed...

There were glimpses of the man. of Ulroke, every so often he'd come into the room and just....silently watch me from the bed. Every so often he approached me, and asked me questions I did not remember.

It had been.... a long time since anyone has come...

I was struggling to... to...

Thoughts... they can't-

A loud grating broke what little concentration I had. I gingerly lifted my head to see him stalking toward me with newfound vigor. "Lyroke?" I asked as I attempted to push myself off the floor to a standing position. The words left my lips as they became thought, I hadn't the chance to filter them. "I missed you. I like when you are...." The words trailed off.

What was....I saying?
    Last edited by Amari; 09-21-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    Kind & Loving...

Those were the words Madison emphasized in her response. To undo the weeping death that plagued Scarlet, all she needed was for someone to care. For someone to love her. The information seemed preposterous to the trained killer. Food, water, and shelter sustained nearly all life on the planet, but to prevent this one breed of creature from becoming a walking blight, it needed love. Intangible, indescribable, and irrational.

Lye's frame filled the door to their quarters. Scarlet struggled to right herself among the ashes and ribbons of fabric surrounding her on the stone slab. She called out to him, whimpering for his company. The iron door scraped across the floor before clanging shut and Lye approached the bedside, silent. He grabbed the last set of linens the Crimson Hand could offer from the floor and wrapped them around her without a word. Immediately, the white cotton began to grey. Lye sat down on the stone and managed himself behind her with his back resting against the wall. Then, gently, he pulled her against his chest and wrapped his arms around her.

"I have an answer for you," his words were soft and low. "You're my companion, and I'm sorry. I should have noticed sooner."

He lifted a hand, and gently ran it through her hair. Though as he spoke, his eyes remained clouded, lifeless. His lips slightly creased into a smile, but the warmth was not there. His touch was slow and affectionate, but body remained tense and rigid.

The rouse was one he had used numerous times. He lured children or young women to unsightly fates and convinced figures of power to trust him. Scarlet was different. The power she was capable of, the child inside her, and the violent history between the two of them. Affection seemed out of place. Yet, he continued to remind himself that several others reversed her corruption. Several others were able to love such a thing. One of which may be the father of the infant she carried.

If they could accomplish such a task, so could he.

"You feel cold," Lye remarked. He pressed his hand to her damp forehead. He could feel a slight chill before the nerve endings in his skin withered and died.

He winced, but pulled her closer.

"Can I get you anything?"

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Wordlessly I was pulled into his strong grasp, eased into his chest he pressed my back against his torso. The action confused me, and I awaited the inevitable pain that was to come.

No...

Nothing of the sort came. Instead he gave her an answer to a question she almost forgot she asked. Companion... the words sounded odd coming from the man, whispered and low. I wasn't sure how much weight they carried. If any. I... was his comPaNion? ThaT coulDn'T be RiGht... I waS nOthing to him.

N̖̻̟̣̓̂̈ͨ̇oÌŽÌ Ì‘Ì¾T̞͓̻̊̿ͨ̎͂ͅ ̳h̳̫͋̏͒͂iÌ”Ì‡Í§Ì Ì˜Ì¯n̮̞ͪͧ͆̓͐ͬͅ ³G͙̖̯ͦ͂ͨ̒̂Ì*Ì¯Ì ®.̰͇̗͓͕̜
    ͯͧ͂̒ͪ̐ͮÌ*̫̤̪̣

I shifted to move but stilled as I felt it. Soft, affectionate and tender strokes as fingers curled into my hair, trailing downward. "What are you-" I stopped. SoMeThinG waSn't RiGht. His body felt rigid against mine and his breath was low and unsettling.

LiAr... LiAr... LiA r

L̯̰͓̘̖͖͖ỉ̆͂ šÌ²Í‰ā̜̩̻̣͚̿͛rÌ ÌÌ³.....

LIAR LiAr L̂̽͋ͩ͟͝͏͎̗̙̳ £Ì¼Í“͕͍̜IÌŠÌÌ¿ÌšÍ‘Ì Í‹Í‘ÍŠÍ¨ÌšÍ—Í¨ÌÌ´ÍžÌµ —Ì*Ì*̖͍AÌ½Ì€ÌšÌ”Í«ÌŽÍ Í‘ÌÍ¬Í„Í¤Í¬Í¯ÌŽÌ½Í¤ÌÍ Ì¸Ì•ÍžÌ¥ÍšÌ³Í”R̉͗ͤͪ ̈́̎̏̆̿̍ͨ̊̍͑Í*Ì¢ ͈̲̗͈̲̱̙̳́̀ͅ
    LiAR

His words and affections... Such lies.... he was cold, so cold. "As cold as your fake affections." I whispered. As he commented on my well-being, a warm hand pressed against my forehead before he winced inwardly and pulled away his hand. ThAt's RighT. My ToUCh bUrns.

He asked me what I wanted. What he could get me. I pressed myself further into his back. Somehow... my thoughts were becoming a little clearer. "YoU're a liar." Even as I said those words I gently grabbed his arms and cohersed them to wrap around my torso. He complied, oddly enough, and squeezed me tightly.

His affections were a lie. They were just actions without emotion, but - should that really matter to a monstEr likE mE? I turned, and pressed my head into the crook of his neck, wishing that the action would not burn his skin. It was a lie, but the warmth of another was welcomed.

"No." I replied. "Just tell me, why are you committing such a farce?" I gripped his arms tighter, ensuring he wouldn't pull away. "What do you have to gain? Are you trying to- to..."

Dammit... I lost my words again.

I sighed as I shut my eyes. "I want this fuzziness in my head to go away. I want to be able to think again. How am I supposed to protect you like this?"

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    Liar...

Had he forgotten how to be convincing? Did he dislike this that much? Did she know him that well?

Fake...

Was anything about his actions genuine? Did he ever care for her well being, or anyone's? Was any of this what he really wanted?

"What do I have to gain?" the words repeated from his lips.

Scarlet's touch pulled his arms tighter around her into a firm embrace. The leather of his sleeves began to shrivel and dry. The sheets maintained integrity, but the patches that draped over her bare skin looked as though they were forgotten by time. She pressed her head against the nape of his neck, red hair against draping white locks. Were it not for her hair, the woman's passive blight might have started to work it's way toward one of the assassin's favorite arteries to sever.

"Nothing," he stated with complete honesty. "I have nothing to gain."

His hand encroached on her neck. The grip started gentle, pressure gradually increasing. He felt his blood rush by the familiarity and memories of so many fading lights strangled into darkness. His hand opened, slid down, traced across her collar bone, and settled in the valley of her bosoms. The leather of his glove withered and began to chip away.

"Do you remember what I said to you?" his voice remained calm despite the inevitably that her blight would soon eat away at his skin. "I would take everything, but in exchange, you would never need food, shelter, or safety."

Then was a different woman. Did any of that still exist? He saw it, if not fleeting, those golden irises. That initial fire and brilliance the he needed to grasp and hold. In his arms now, was darkness. Death and darkness. How could anyone love such a thing. But the warmth and brilliance that once burned? That fire could be fanned, fed, and coveted. What embers, if any, remained?

"I wanted to own you. Unflinching loyalty. A strong, vivacious force to stand by my side," he spoke as his eyes traced the inky black that etched across her skin. "When I said everything, I did not mean to leave you like this: a hollow, broken vessel. True, your ability to kill is beautiful, but..."

But what? Isn't this the weapon he wanted? Did he want something more? Did he need more? Was it something that needed to be given, not taken?

"I need you back," he stated, not entirely sure why the words felt heavier to speak. He needed nothing. No ties to this world so no man could exploit them. "How can you protect me like this?"

He needed no protection. He knew that his hands would either grant him victory or death. Could it be that he was scared? Death visited him twice before. What reason could he have to be afraid?

"I don't want to kill you," he spoke gently. Such odd words, but from his lips and atop the pile of corpse in which he built himself, they carried a weight as strong as a lover's confession. Were she unable to recover from this -- were she to become a force of decay, he would have to eradicate her. He knew this, but he did not want that outcome. Those golden eyes, her moments of genuine conviction after fiery resistance, he missed that.

But why?

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    I didn't flinch when I felt the familiarity of his gloved hand around my neck. I closed my eyes and expected the burning sensation of being denied oxygen...

Nothing came.

Instead warmth tickled my cold body as his gloved hand danced across my shattered skin, resting on the tri-star mark he placed on me when we first met. He seemed...pensive? His body wasn't so rigid, nor were his movements reminiscent of practiced falsities. He asked if I remembered what he said... of course I did, he said he would take everything away - and he truly had. What else was left? I could barely hold onto a thought, I had no possessions to call my own, hell - he even had a vial that contained whatever pure humanity I may have had left.

I shut my eyes as I listened to him talk, his low velveteen voice rolling with wisps of uncertainty. He SpKE the truth, I was n̗̝̞̯̞ͬỏ̻̮�*̖͔̗t̫̳̝̞̤͆̔̽̄͋̓h̫̪͕͊�*̥̤͎i̘͙̣ͩ̂̿̌̔ͬ�* ̬̯n̆́̍̊͛̚g͔̼̺̒. My sole existence - and purpose was to kill, to leech life from everything I touch, and to protect him.

"I need you back. How can you protect me like this?"

Ba-dum

My heart suddenly felt heavy, as it beat hard against my chest. What the hell was that!?

Ba-dum

It hurt...my grip on him loosened. I leaned forward, hair spilling over bare shoulders as I inhaled sharply, shaking hands clutching at my chest. Fuck...Fuck....why did this hurt.

"I don't want to kill you...."

"-S-SHut up." I hissed through clenched teeth, these actions weren't exactly kind, nor were his words. Yet my entire body felt like it had just been set alight. "S-Shut up. ShUt Up SHUT UP!" I repeated, tears forming in scelera eyes. "QUIET!" He had long since fallen silent.

Why the hell was he saying these things now? Why - after a year was he finally showing some semblance of caring? Didn't he know I͍̞̺̱͎ͦ̂̇͛̉̅ͨ ͌͐w̜̫͂̄ȁ͙̮̗̲̆̓̂͑ŝͥ̒̽ͦͩ͗�*̪ ͍͖̳̳̙�*̳n̗̖̦̓͐͒̓̈̚�*o͖̳̤̦͉̓ͣ̆̍̿ͯt̹̥̻͖̂ḥ̖̼̙̄i͚̝͉̿n ̖̥̥̅̔̆̒͋gͧ̈́ͯͦ͋̃ͯ? Didn't he know that he H̺̞ͅE̱ͫͯ̌̎ ̜͚̳͈͋͊̚�*͕̗h̳͍ͦ͑̔̂ͤ͗ͤa͍͚̜̲͉͐̓̈͗̾̍̃A̯͗͛͐̀ͪ̽d͉ͧͅ ̣ͅ�* ͖͕̘̗̬͚͑͒ͮͮ͌̔c̅̅̈ͧr̽́͋̔e̘̹̮͎ͩ̆̃a͚̜̬̘͖̔̋ͦt̋ͩ�*�*̜̝e̋ ̖̥̹ͥ̌ͬ͌͊d̬̘͎̱̒͌̂ ͍̖̰̪͒ͯ́͑̇̓̆M̰̫̋̀̅ͅȄ̯͕̫͙̞͎̌ͬͩ͋?̫̩̤̝ͪͬ̑ͧ he WANTED this! He w͖͕̟̮̹͈̯Ḁ͖N̦T̯̼̹͎E�*̞�*͙D̘̩̹ͅ ̤͎̻͇T͇̦ͅͅH̜̪̣̖̯̩̗I͈̼̞͇̦̮S�*̦͉̺̜̗ I didn't WANT to go back! I don't! I̡ͩ ̇̍ͣ́D̷͗͋̍̅̃̓̂Oͫ͝N̾͛̄̀̅̌͌T̶̿̆ͤͫ!̽͘ If I had emotions again! I'd have nothing! I'd act on impulse! I'd feel all those horrid things! Pain, hurt. Bͥ̈́̽ͣͬe̵͒̊t͌̈͒̏̿̾ͩ͢r̸̈́̆ͬ͒̐̚a̋́y̡ͤãͮ�*͂ͨ̉ļ͌ h̙̣̩̤̟a͞t͡�*̣͓̖̬̹̙r̻͎̜e͙̮̰̱̼̦͚d. Why did he want that? WHy did he want that weak Existence again? Ị͙̮̀t̕ ͇̤͉̳d͔͇͖̮̫̲i̷̹̱͙̬̩͓d͕͉̪͇̻̞̮n͏'҉t̴̹̘͙̘̮̪ �*̩̫̲̻m̲͔�*̘ͅa̝͈͎̻̥k̦̖̖̗̪̱͜e̻̯̤̱̖͓͞ ̨s̱̬̩͙͙̟e̹n͚͢s͇͔͓e̱͙͙͎̦͝�*!̯̥̳ He didn't want to kill me? HA! He had killed me! o͕�*͉̫v̶̝͕͍͈̮e̢̙̬̜̰̬͓�*r̟͙ ̵̝͎̤͈̼͍̱a�*̻̼̺͔n͏̟̙͔̪̣d̻̗̪͞ ̷�*̣ơ͍̣̫̟v̧͕̼̘͕̳̻͉e͟ṟ̛͎͉̘ ̴͇̩a�*̝̩�*nd̳̝̜̫ͅ ͓̖͢ͅo̘̦̦͉͙̤͚v̡͉͓̗e͇̮̘r̶̻ �*̗̳̣̩�*a�*̦ṇ͡ͅd͙ͅ ̩͔͕͓ AND OVER AGAIN

sweat dripped from my head, and the room around me swayed with such veracity I felt as though I would vomit. The static in my head grew louder.

Please just let me be. ̰̞̟͟P̛̼͙͚͇̘̘̼l̜̙͎͔̻͉̼e̩̯̞̙̹̻a�*s̮͉̪̪͘e͈̥͈̩̤ ̷̣̮̰j̲̰͚̙u͙s͈̀ṭ̦͎ ̳̦̱l̴͖e̸͇͍t̷̜̯̤͉̖�* m̺̥̜͢�*̰e͔̦̺̱ ͖̪͍͓̝͔̮͡b�*̗̳ͅe̹.̺̟̙ ̢͈̰̯̹ͅ�* ͇̮͖̗͙̜ ̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯
    ͕̫̜̱P̺̥͓l̡̺e͢a͈͍̩se̞̫̣̩ͅ ̸̲̱̙̟̪̝j͡u̯͈͈̰̞s̙͔͕̩̩t̻̲͖̹͘�* ̟͍̺̮̳͙l̡͙̝�*̦è̦�*t�*̬̱ ̛m͚̀e̫̬̼̲͇̬͝�* ̧̺b̘̬e̢̼͚͉.̗͔�*͈͉͉ ͏͎̻̫͎͖ ҉̰͔
    ̬̝̣̺͖P̼͖̲l̻͍e̦̕a̟̜̣͝s͈̗̫͈̞͉̻͢e͏̞̣͕̙ ̛j͍̲us̟̬̰͖t̢̲̹̖ ̣͎̰̜�*ḷ̯̬e͏̙̹̲t͈̺̩̩ ̷̗͖̺͚͔m̰̼e͉̦̫͔̮ ̺̣͖̖̟b̯̪͈̟̝̱͖͡e̛�*͖͇̫̦̣.͉�*̻ ̻ ̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯
    ̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯
    P̩̗̱̮l̷̬e̫a̜̻s̟͚͙̪̣͘ͅe͏̞̦̺͔͈̱ ̴̩͚j̷̹u̥�*͚̣̩s͍̱t̨�*̺̖̙̻ ̙̫̘̮̰̱l͓e̟̮t̥̹͇͉ ̳͕͕̲͎m̱̟e̟ ̷̥b̺͙̼̱̞̙͍ę͙̖̼. ̯̱͙͉̙̤̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯
    P͚̤͇͇̻͙̙̀l̛̟e̳a͏̖͈͇̳̻s̷͚̳̼͓e͎̮͍͓͚ ̺j̱͉̪̩͉͚u̳s�*t̢̯͓̣̦͍̦̹ ͔̱̲l͔͚̥͓͎͝e̸̫t�*̘ ͘�*͎m̯̣͍̰ͅͅe̫̲̰̜̼̮ͅ ̹̞͜b̝̪͟e̪̦͟.͎ ͙̬̞̙̝͍̥̣͘P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯̙̝͍̥̣P͙̙͍͖̬l̡̟̬̤ͅe͟a�*͍͎̹s�*̺̺̞̳͙e̺͚͕͍ ̜͍͈̩̣͈ju̖͖̫̲̥ͅs�*̮̝̝͕̪̝̥t͖̻̬͞ l͎̮͡ẹ̶͇͎̳̗̣ṯ̶̟̤̥̗ ͚me̩͔͚ ̸̳̱͔̜̣͔b̬͇͝é.̸ ̯

don't let me become this....

I had doubled over, pushing away from him. Eyes wide and frantic, flashes of gold bursting forth from reddened irises and blackened cracks. my entire being..why?

Why? WHY?

Shaking, my eyes finally landed on a blurred figure.

There. I reached out to the figure with shaking hands. A brilliant golden flash blinded my vision. Still...I held fast to his form.

"K-kill me."
    Last edited by Amari; 09-24-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    The quiet calm faded quickly into a maelstrom. Her weak voice bellowed for him to stop speaking. So, he did. Perhaps Madison's information paid off when Lye noticed a faint golden glow. Scarlet doubled over and shoved away from him. The glow shone brighter, and her body writhed in discomfort. He watched, unsure what to expect. He wanted to believe something started to repair her failing condition. Without that fragment of her soul, could it be done?

She turned to him, a panic in her otherwise emotionless face. Her hands clutched his, but the pain of her blight disappeared. She then begged him.

"Kill me."

His face failed to show emotion, but his mind swam with confusion. If he killed her in this state, what would happen? Would she recover? Would irreparable damage be done? Would she revive broken or healed? Should he do nothing? What of the child.

The child.

"No," he stated with a heavy tone. "I won't. Not this time."

He stared into the golden hues that threatened to overtake the darkness in her eyes. Like before: the warm golden hues that hooked him.

"You live for not just yourself. You live for our child now," the assassin spoke.

The information slipped so freely from his lips. Perhaps the news would give her that push. That push just over the edge of darkness and back into the light. If she had a reason, either from hatred of him or fond devotion, perhaps she would use it to keep herself whole. He knew full well it could be another man's but did she?

"Come back to me, Scarlet," Lye cooed as the woman twisted in agony.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    DISCLAIMER: This post contains material that may be sensitive to some readers, please read at your own discretion

He wouldn't kill me!? Why? WHY? W̯͈͔̬̘̫H̞̘͔̗ͅ ̰Ỳ̵̲̹ He reveled in it! He enjoyed it. I knew he did. The way his thin lips twisted up into a satisfied snarl, the way his pulse increased...and how I could feel that exhilaration pump through him through the pads of his fingers as I struggled to breathe. He enjoyed taking my life, just like he did any other- so why now deny me my right?

"You live for not just yourself. You live for our child now."

His words didn't quite reach me, not at first. They didn't make sense. A child? I was no child. We did not adopt any. Granted, Advencia was more childlike than most would realize but -

but...

My eyes widened as I struggled to look up at him, burning pain wracking every inch of my body. Did he just say our child?

"K-Kill it!" I hissed. I couldn't be, I shouldn't be! I thought I wasn't able to conceive. HOw did this HaPpEn? I immedietly gripped my abdomen, sinking my fingernails into my skin. I held in a cry of pain as wave after wave of agony shot through my burning body. I had to remove it. It CouLd not JeaPorDize the CrImSon HanD.

It was nOt my job to be a ḿ̬͕͇͢�*oÌ´Ì¢Ì®Ì±Ì Ì¤t̸̟̝hÍÌ¨Ì«Ì«ÍÍ–Ì¹Í ™Í•e̶̷̤͙r̴̨̳̖̣.

My one and only purpose was to KiLl.

My body retched and I spluttered up a dark, almost black blood as I dug my fingers deeper into the flesh of my abdomen. I just had to...get rid...of it. It was a ḅ̢̫̘̺̜̻͢ͅuÍŸÌ·Ì Í…Ìªr̻̼̯͚̯͉̫̬͞d ¢Ì©Ì£Ìže͇͇̮͜͢n�*͏ ̘͍̘̺̩͕̜̗͘ a weaknEss. I tried to dig my fingers in deeper, blood oozed from my wounds and I could feel the meaty sinue of my own muscle tissue but before I could force my fingers deeper into my own body I felt his strong grip around my wrists.

"I've already considered that, I do not think it would work in your case." His words were low and pensive as he pulled my fingers away. He held my wrists firmly as he pulled me closer. "Scarlet. I need you, and I need our child." I struggled against his grip, but in my current state I was too weak to fight.

"L-Liability." I breathed. I fell foward to have my head rest upon his shoulder.

"I know." He said.

"C-can't..." I breathed, I could see glimmers and flashes of golden light healing my wounds. I could feel it, the pain, the nausea - I struggled to keep up. Shit....I was loosing consciousness again.

"It's ok..." He cooed, gently running his fingers through my matted red hair and this time it was genuine. His body wasn't rigid and his eyes weren't drifted off into the distance, they were focused on me. I could see that, even with my hazy vision and as much as I fought it. His ministrations slowly pushed me into a state of unconsciousness.

---

The next few days were a blur, it could have been three days, maybe a week...I spent most of it writhing and screaming in agony when I was conscious. I caught glimpses of things. Of Lichensith Ulroke, and Zero - arguing over my barely breathing form. Of Richard and he, discussing quietly amongst themselves over his desk. Of Advencia who came in often, changing my dressings and binding me with thick chains to the bed so I would not harm myself.

I don't remember... but apparently I had tried to rip the little thing inside of me out time and time again...

Finally, I was feeling somewhat sane again.

my eyes fluttered open and they were met with the blurry visage of a very familiar silver haired man. I could feel a cool sensation pressed firmly against my head and seeing his outstretched arm meant one thing. He was tending to me. My head, my fever. It felt like it had finally broke.

"Lye?" I asked, reaching out to place a hand over his.

He glanced down at me. "Your eyes." He commented as his fingers gently grazed my eyelids.

"What about them?" My voice felt weak, I still felt ill but no longer did my entire being feel like it was on fire.

"A pitiless black with a center as red as your hair, but surrounding that is a golden rim." He paused, I tried to read the emotion on his face but if he felt anything it did not show. "Welcome back Scarlet."

His words confused me. Everything felt so surreal. had the last few weeks even happened? "Am I-"

"Yes."

"Is it your-"

"Yes." His second confirmation was spoken with more resolution, he wouldn't even let me finish the question.

I shifted my gaze to the ceiling. This...complicated things. How was I supposed to do my job. I wasn't sure what I felt, if anything. Should I be happy? Annoyed? I could feel something stirring inside of me, and I knew that my days being 'an emotionless demon' were coming to an end. I would remain adament though... that I would not let emotions rule me, nor will I let them reign as free as they once were.

"I am...not sure what I am supposed to feel at this moment."

I slowly sat up, aware of Lye leaning forward, arm ready to catch me if I were to falter.

"How long... have I been -" I paused, how do I describe what I went through?

"How long was I broken?"