GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

Shattered Soul and Heart

Corone-The Sword an Staff

I was flung into the rain, body thrown limply into the dirt. I wasn't able to catch myself and I could feel the cold mud smear across my cheek. His words were as cold and ruthless as the day I had met him. I suppose whatever equality we had was gone. Or perhaps, as Amari - I only thought we had it. It..was hard to tell... my mind was fuzzy and my face felt flushed, and heated. Rain pelted my back and quickly soaked through the thick velvet dress I wore. The cold leeched into my skin and it alleviated the heat that was swimming around inside of me. I felt like I was on fire. My body churned with the searing sensations of my own soul. It felt similar to healing, but - I was not injured?

"Get up. Slave."

Sore muscles shook as I slowly pushed myself off the ground. Words spewed from my mouth like a vile vomit. "You're going to die." The words caught his ire and I felt the strong grip of his glove around my neck pressing down on my trachea and forcing me to look up at him. Emerald eyes thin and worn stared back at me. Dark circles lined them. He was tired, he was at the end of his ropes.

Dots danced in front of my eyes and my head remained fuzzy. I was barely aware of my own actions. Trembling hands reached out to cup the pale and scarred skin of his cheeks. Thumbs danced gently beneath his eyes. He tightened his grip.

In response six snakes sprung forth from my back, I didn't even will it. They hissed and encircled him like a vermilion chrysanthemum with the two of us at the apex of its center. Onset nausea and dizziness came with their appearance and I struggled to stay conscious. What was I doing? Why were my hands on his face caressing him as though he were a lover?

A cough was forced through my lips, followed by strained words, each syllable a gasp as I tried to inhale the air I was so easily denied. I could do it, it'd be so easy. He was weak and vulnerable, I would be able to end his existence right here and not a single person would care. He had no one. He had nothing. So then, why did these words come out of my mouth?

"I... don't want you to...die..." The words spluttered through black stained trembling lips.

I wasn't sure if he threw me backwards or if I simply fell. Body no longer listening to my own will. The corrupted manifestation of my soul; the snakes, crackeld and faded from existence as I once again found myself on the ground, splayed across it like spilt wine. Eyes staring listlessly at the cloudy sky. A sea of black and grey, every so often light danced across it and they became a burning white.

That was the last thing I remembered seeing before I fell unconscious.
    Last edited by Amari; 09-18-2017 at 10:12 PM.