GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile

Refurbishing Eiskalt

Ello,

I've been working on Eiskalt a lot since my last two times here. I edited the wiki page tremendously before 4.0 happened. I started working on it again. I believe I need to edit geography and law, and write out the country's history too. I'm also adding more fauna (and taking off some. Like, what's a giant sloth doing in Eiskalt?? Sloths can't eat pine needles!)

I don't know much about world building, so I've been posting my edits and ideas. Reopening the thread from 3.1 again, here's some stuff I've been wanting to edit/ change:

• Geography: I want to retcon the plateaus into a way more realistic geography. A large, sloping mountain (Hope) covered with coniferous forests and old, abandoned mining towns and prison camps.
    • Fauna and Geology: I'm heavily editing Nixstella and Lividus Chalybs. Nixstella is extremely valuable outside Eiskalt now. LC is going to be made into more of a smooth metal than having rock-like qualities (despite it always being a metal.) LC has always been the strength of a little over steel by nature. I'm also adding more minerals, rocks, and crystals unique to Eiskalt. New trees and plant life are being added.
    • History: I have no idea how to go about writing history, halp pwease!

Here's some trees!:
    The Eiskaltian Twistpine is a severely mutated conifer tree somewhat comparable to Liviol. It can grow from 120 ft 1 in–155 ft 5 in wide and 5 ft 2 in–8 ft 7 in diameter. It grew perfectly in the valley of Eiskalt after being wrecked during the Eiskalt War. They can be seen scattered throughout the valley, but are in a patch of sickly forest west of Lake Peaceful. Just about everything in this tree wants to kill you; but if harvested properly, you could use it to your own advantages as well.

The naturally glowing green needles are toxic via acid. Even raindrops that make contact with the leaves can cause acid burns. The leaves generate a foul, putred smell similar to rotting flesh. If pressed probably, the leaf juice can be weaponized as a brutal working poison.

If the needles could merely give you second degree burns, the green ‎Viridi Berries can scorch you (they're not truly berries, but soft cones similar to juniper berries.) The berries can kill, giving victims third degree skin burns and carrying potent natural chemicals. On the bright side, they taste good - but they would be the last thing you'd eat if you ate them. They're basically the acidic equivalent of nightshade. Once again, they can make excellent poison.

The wood is extremely thick and sturdy. It is rumored that even delyn axes have broke against it. Thus far, only enchanted mithril and titanium axes can cut and mold the wood. The wood is difficult to shape, this it has been mostly used in weapons for batons and staves meant to counter metal weapons and armor. It can easily be enchanted.

The tree is an evergreen, naturally making saps and ambers. These ambers can range in colors, but all have the same properties. Like the tree's wood itself, when solidified the amber is practically unbreakable unless it is turned into its thick liquid state again. The sap can be easily enchanted with a diversity of magic. It also is a natural repellent of psychic magic. The effects of mental powess is naturally nullified in the area around it, if not completely blocked by a large enough chunk.

All in all, this tree is severely dangerous. However, if handled with great care, many parts of the plant can be potentially weaponized in a diversity of ways. It is only found in areas of Eiskalt most effected by Madison's plague.
    An Eiskaltian species of massive conifers, the Giant Winterwood is primarily located in Great Immergrün Forest, populating the humongous stretch of woodlands by the billions. They can grow in ranges from 150-300 feet tall and 25-35 feet in diameter. They can be spotted by their signature silver bark and light green needles. Winterwood is strictly unique to Eiskalt.

A subspecies of Winterwood, dubbed the Putrid Winterwood, has been mutated by the plague unleashed by Madison Freebird. The wood has changed from grey to coal black. The trees have toxic needles that are acidic enough to cause various fevers, chills, and sicknesses. If harvested and pressed with care, they can make a potent poison.

So yeah. LOOOOORE!

Please let me know what you think and give feedback? It would be highly appreciated

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Ashla I'm more than willing to help you out as I really liked Eiskalt from the get go.

Motivates me to try to amend my own town I have set up for Elthas's back story.

Anyway Ashla if you need an rp partner for this...colour me interemested!!!

I'm Asking you Icely

EXP: 33,893, Level: 7
    Level completed: 87%, EXP required for next Level: 1,107
    Level completed: 87%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,107

GP

Name
    Ashla Rose Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/Elf Hybrid

View Profile
    I'm not RPing as much as I'm world building for the wiki. Still, help would be awesome!

You made a village?

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Yeah it's not canon YET. But it's the town that Elthas's people come from. They are a bunch of Forest Elves and live in Concordia. Just made up a small town where they are all from and practice their tree-hugger ways . But yeah eventually, I'm going to make that all canon.