Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall

Basic Information

Name: Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Nickname/Alias: n/a
    Race: Homunculi
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 115 lbs

Personality

Ezra is a quiet yet polite individual who does not actively stand out in the world. They could be described as a 'wallflower', more keen to observe the world and the people who live in it. However, they enjoy being in areas of large social gatherings, such as bars, bazaars, and other social establishments to soak in the activity.

They are curious by nature, to the point of invasiveness and what most people would consider impolite. Their inquisitiveness often leads them on whimsical flights of fancy, deciding to look for something or make a certain recipe just because they read something about it or heard it discussed off-hand. They also have a tendency to mimic actions when attempting to learn how to do a movement, whether it be a knight training with a sword to a dancer entrancing the audience with their dancing.

Appearance

Ezra is entirely androgyneous in appearance, not having any physical signs of a gender, to the point where one might find them to be unnatural looking. They have a plain face, with darker tan skin and off-white hair, which hangs in a small braid over their shoulder. Their eyes are an unnatural purple with faintly visible etched runes in the irises, and anyone with decent magical knowledge would recognize that they have been modified magically.

Their default clothing is rather plain, a simple short-sleeved grey tunic and black pants with travelling boots. They also wear a purple sash around their waist, keeping the tunic tied down. However, if offered new clothing, they will most likely try it on unless there is obvious problems with wearing it.

Skills

Herbology: Ezra is knowledgeable of most plantlife, including whether it's edible or poisonous and how to safely harvest it.

Nutrition and Cooking: Ezra is well-versed in agriculture and will often attempt to cook new dishes with ingredients given to them. They also generally understand what ingredients are healthy and safe to eat and will give the most nutritional value.

Spearwork: Ezra have slightly above average skill with fighting with a spear, specifically a shortspear. Although not exactly a combatant type by nature, they will defend themselves if provoked. Their combat prowess is not based in any sort of formal training, but in more of a self-taught hunting style.

Hunting: Ezra is an average hunter and is capable of hunting average game (deer, fish, etc.).

Magic Knowledge: Ezra has a borderline obsession with all forms of magic due to the remnant memories used to build them, and understands the theories behind a wide range of magic types. Although unable to (currently) cast any spells, they are capable of identifying most types of magic used and how to possibly counter it.

Abilities

Magic Eye: Ezra's eyes have been specifically crafted to analyze magic, and can copy one spell they've seen cast. However, they cannot copy a spell that cannot be learned by others (i.e. unique spells via bloodline, unique artifacts, etc.). Ezra can use this ability up to three times a thread, but can only hold one spell at a time. (Can only copy up to level 2 on spells currently.)

Recast: Ezra can cast the copy of the spell they're currently holding out towards foes to bombard them with their own magic.

Imbue: Instead of casting the stored spell outward, Ezra can also temporarily imbue a weapon or item with one of the spell's properties. Depending on the spell, this can have a tendency to break common items that aren't used to holding magic so Ezra prefers not to use this unless absolutely necessary.

Equipment/Weapons

Iron Shortspear
    Hunting knife
    Traveling cloak
    Cooking supplies (skillet, flint and tinder, small collection of spices)
    Satchel for carrying random items along the way
    Large arcane tome (magically sealed)

History

To my new self,

I'm not sure how successful the transfer was, so I am unsure whether your memories are intact or if you even know who you are. Let us start at the beginning, I suppose.

We are Ezoreth Vrall, a spellcaster with unparalleled ability. We have much knowledge in the world of the arcane, and our research, once completed, would revolutionize the way the world sees magic. However, we have been trounced by the one thing that no one can truly avoid: time. Our body has become frail and weak with age, and I am no longer able to travel far from my tower. Without a line of succession or an apprentice to teach, our narrow-minded pride in our work has led to its' end.

Or so we thought.

We would spend months working on a solution, and were finally able to come up with the most workable. We were able to synthesize a body via magic and a few... less than honorable ways and craeted a perfect body that would allow us to, if our calculations were correct, transfer our soul perfectly over to the new body. This magic would be our masterpiece, as we would finally defeat death without heresy or morally questionable choices. I will admit that I am terrified at how the spell will turn out, as something of this magnitude has never been attempted before to my knowledge.

I will begin the mana channelling for the transfer shortly. I can only hope that the spell moves on flawlessly, and I can once again travel the world and complete my knowledge. I leave this note along with our tome so we may read it upon waking.

To future endeavors,

Magister Ezoreth Vrall

Three years had past since the day of the experiment. Whether the transfer could be considered successful is another story. The new body of Ezoreth Vrall did come to life that day, but chunks of memory of their 'past life' were missing. The tower had collapsed from the magic exuded in the spell, and with no home left and nothing more that they could do, the Homunculi would eventually begin their travels.

Their first stop was at a nearby farm, where an elderly farmer and his wife took the strange person in and taught Ezra everything they could, from cooking to hunting. Ezra would become proficient with their spear during this time, and would become very adept at cooking. They would continue to assist the farming couple until deciding that they must move on and begin Ezoreth's work anew.

The first goal? Unlocking the tome that would hopefully hold answers to Ezra's missing memories.
    Last edited by ArcanaFate; 09-29-2017 at 09:33 PM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Considering the potential potency of the ways these abilities combine, I think there should be a firm level cap (maybe level 2 or lower for now) on the level of spell that can be copied. Saying it cannot exceed the current "mana pool" has no real meaning.

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    I amended the ability. The 'exceeds mana pool' was kind of a placeholder since I wasn't sure how to phrase the limitation correctly.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Approved.