Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile

Gum do Mugu - Level 5

LEVEL 5

dear rog mod,

old profile >here<

i should be level 5 v. soon! i got the xp from a vignette coming soon. hope it's cool i'm putting the horse before the cart here.

apologies in advance, i've made a lot of changes from my last profile. i'm hoping to do some iron league stuff so i thought i should put more effort into my character before i get started.

1. i've added restrictions to older abilities because when they were approved i wasn't asked to add restrictions. looking back, they're kinda light on details. so i thought i'd add some to complete the abilities and also act as makeweights for new abilities.
    2. i've gotten rid of my bloodfleas ability entirely because i hate it.
    3. i've also added an overview of Gum's strengths and weaknesses to give the new abilities i'm requesting some context.
    4. i've added a couple of new skills.

tyvm! preciate ya!

~ gum

p.s. i make my profiles with all these tables to help organise it all. but i looked at it on my phone and it's almost impossible to read on mobile so i think in the future i'll go back to a more traditional format.

OVERVIEW OF STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
    GUM'S STRENGTHS
    • Gum enjoys a powerful connection to:
      1. Other realms.
      2. Spirits.
      3. Nature.
    • Utilising these connections, the shaman focuses on attempts to manipulate, trick and deceive opponents.
    • Through his connection to nature and the spirit world, Gum has slightly higher than average perception.
    • Gum can shapeshift into other creatures to aid in combat.
    GUM'S WEAKNESSES
    • In spite of his imposing appearance, Gum remains a middle-aged human male with all the associated frailties.
    • While in human form, Gum has below average:
      1. Speed.
      2. Strength.
      3. Endurance.
      4. Defence.
      5. Agility.
    • Without transforming into a jaguar, Gum has little hope of inflicting physical damage on his opponent.
    • While he does carry a rudimentary axe, his ability with it is unremarkable.
    • Bonus OOC weakness: bans on Gum are super effective.

ABILITIES
    ANIMISM
    "WEEPING WILLOW"

• Gum do Mugu has the ability to displace the original spirit1 of a weeping willow and, consequently, force his own spirit into the tree.
    • While the shaman's spirit inhabits the weeping willow:
      1. His voice can be heard on the wind as it blows through the branches and leaves.
      2. His verve becomes audible as the tree's branches and boughs creak against each other.
      3. He is still able to use his "Ghost Slaves" and "Three-Legged Crow" abilities.
      4. The tree's leaves rustle even when the air is still.
      Duration and limitations of this ability:
      1. The shaman's body continues to live, but it is prone and helpless.
      2. The link can last for ten posts.
      3. When the link expires, the shaman is confused for one post.
      4. When the link expires, the tree turns dull and grey before finally igniting.2
    TRANSFORMATION
    "FOREST TRICKSTER"
    • Gum can transform into a forest trickster.
    • The forest trickster is a monkey-like mammal with bandy arms and large, round eyes. The the trickster is small, no bigger than a domestic cat.
    • Benefits while in forest trickster form:
      1. Able to swing through the trees at considerable speed (four times faster than the average person on foot). After fleeing for a period of time (four posts), the shaman tires and slows to the same pace as an average person running on the ground.
      2. The spirits of the forest come to the trickster's aid and leave phantom footprints leading away into the woods. The shaman can avail of this trick twice per fight.
      3. The spirits of the forest come to the trickster's aid and appear as apparitions in the form of the human Gum do Mugu. These spirits appear as Gum for less than a second before fading into the shadows. The apparitions are always running into the woods, in an attempt to lead any foes in the wrong direction. The shaman is able to avail of this trick two times per encounter.
    • Limitations and details:
      1. Transformation only takes a moment to complete.
      2. Transformation from human to trickster does not cause confusion or fatigue, but returning to human form from trickster form leaves Gum disorientated and tired.
      3. Ability can only be used in thick forest.
    TRANSFORMATION
    "JAGUAR"
    • Gum can transform into a jaguar.
    • Benefits while in jaguar form:
      1. Jaw muscles give him the strength to pierce a skull with his canines, other bone would be more difficult to bite through.
      2. Burst speed is increased in jaguar form, Gum can reach 40mph for a short chase before slowing significantly.
      3. Can leap short distances, typically to aid in climbing trees and other structures.
      4. Piercing claws, able to slice through flesh and cloth, but not thick leather.
      1. Gum can choose from two colour forms when becoming a jaguar. The standard rosette pattern or a solid black coat.
      2. Transformation only takes a moment to complete.
      3. Transformation from human to jaguar does not cause confusion or fatigue, but returning to human form from jaguar form leaves Gum disorientated and tired.
    THREE-LEGGED CROW
    • Gum has the ability to summon a three-legged crow.
    • The crow has two abilities Gum can call upon. He can only use one of the two choices per fight.
      1. The crow possesses five seconds of accurate foresight and is therefore able to assist with combat by providing insight into the coming moments. If Gum chooses to request his companion's advice, then that knowledge changes the future and so the bird's foresight is compromised (only usable once per fight).
      2. The three-legged crow also knows the ghosts of an individual's past. As such, Gum can call upon the bird to inform him of the spirits of a person's past.
    GHOST SLAVES
    • Gum has the ability to pull the spirits of the dead into the world of the living.
      1. This projection of the dead gives them the appearance of being made of flesh and blood.
      2. However, they are just spectres with no physical matter and as such can only act as a distraction.
      1. Gum can only summon three ghosts per fight before he needs to meditate and recover his energy.
      2. He can either summon all at once, one at a time, or a combination of two and one at different points in the fight.
      3. Gum can only maintain his hold over the spirits for three posts before the bond is broken.
    TAINTED MEDICINE MAN

• As a shaman of the Xangu people, Gum is responsible for curing sickness in his people. A common sickness in the Xangu Basin is the Ungotuu Magic Fever. In order to draw the sickness from an individual, the shaman must store the sickness in a glass jar with a cork top.
    • Gum carries one jar of of Ungotuu Magic Fever with him at all times for use in combat. The shaman will toss the glass jar at the ground at the foot of his enemy. Once the jar shatters, the sickness enters the air and quickly infects the target.
    • Ungotuu Magic Fever affects the brain, causing the following symptoms:
      1. Mild bleeding from the nose and eyes.
      2. Creeping anxiety and dread.
      3. Suicidal thoughts3.
    • To be infected, the target must be within three feet of the jar when it smashes.
    • With no immediate host to infect, the disease dies quickly in the open air.
    • Gum is able to toss the jar fairly accurately for six feet only, beyond that his aim is very unreliable. The shaman is able to lob the jar up to twenty feet, but with no accuracy whatsoever.
    • The symptoms of Ungotuu Magic Fever are inhibited by adrenaline and therefore in a combat setting the disease only lasts a short while (3 posts)

1 - A tree without a spirit cannot exist, and as such, it burns.
    2 - The original spirit is sent to the Underworld to be born again.
    3 - Opponent may experience passing thought that it would be easier to end it all rather than continue to struggle against past trauma. Thoughts are not overwhelming, just a fleeting distraction. Opponent would experience no pressure to follow through.

SKILLS
    MASTER HEADSHRINKER
    SPIRIT WORLD
    TOTEM CARVING
    UNDERWORLD
    VISION PORTALS
    AQUACULTURE
    Gum do Mugu has the knowledge and skill to remove the skulls of the dead, prepare the remaining flesh and then shrink their heads. Gum, via a sacred ritual, is able to commune with the dead. The dead can provide information the living cannot. As such, he is able to use information gleaned from the souls of the deceased to his advantage. Using an obsidian shard borrowed from his axe, Gum is able to carve small totems from dead wood. These totems are used in the shaman's sacred rituals. During twilight, Gum can travel to the underworld--i.e. the world of the dead. While in this state, his body is left behind, in a trance. Do Mugu can create vision portals to other times, places, worlds and realms. Nothing can pass through the portals, they are only a window to another time and/or place. The portals are round with a five foot diameter and represent a useful tool for manipulation and diplomacy. Before he was taken from his family to be trained as a shaman, Gum raised the Xangu Basin's famous fancy strains of kissing carp. Despite his other duties as a holy person, Gum continues to breed and refine strains of kissing carp.
    Last edited by Gum do Mugu; 10-02-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    terrrrrible.jpg

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hi. Do you have some Experience coming in with a requested judgement?

I'll have a look at this in more detail tonight as I handled your last one. I won't be able to approve it though until you are level 5.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    hey phi how are you doing

Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
    Do you have some Experience coming in with a requested judgement?
    yeah kind of i have the xp from the althanas day pet vignette. when it's added it'll ding me level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
    I won't be able to approve it though until you are level 5.
    that's cool i thought as much

ty for helping me again and taking my update i apprecaite it
    terrrrrible.jpg

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hi, your skill "Spirit World" can it be used in battle?
    Same question with "Vision Portals"?

Just want to check where they are. Unfortunately I will need to wait for the judgement on the Pet Vignette to fully come through before I can approve this proper. But at level 5 that means we can pop it straight through.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    nah neither are for combat