Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    "If you wish to call me Miss Ezra, that is fine, Sir Nevin. Although I do not believe I'm worthy of any sort of honorifics. You can just call me Ezra, but again, if you insist, you may refer to me as Miss." The Homunculi gave a small smile, adjusting the long braid hanging over their shoulder. One of these days, they would have to trim it down or something. Couldn't have it getting caught on something during a hunt, after all. Maybe Nan could do something about it? Ezra quickly shook the thought out of their head, realizing that they were getting pulled along on a dinner with a group of... strangers? Acquaintances? They couldn't decide which category fit better, but regardless, they had promised to buy the bread and bring it to Nan for their supper together. But refusing the elf's generosity would be rather rude, wouldn't it? They bit their lip, thinking of the best way to solve this problem. After a few moments, they finally spoke and looked to Nevin almost apologetically as the elf- no, Elthas,- had already run off to the tavern.

"I would love to join you gentlemen for dinner, but I do have a prior engagement with my... landlady? And I was on my way to buy bread for supper. Perhaps another time then?" They smiled, giving a small curtsy in the dress again before starting to distance themselves from Nevin and the other man who had come to join the group. Purple eyes flashed for a moment as their gaze fell over the new guest and Nevin. Both held a presence of magic that almost made the Homunculi shudder. Nevin's made sense as he had already mentioned alchemy so it wasn't surprising in the slightest. But the other man had an... odd presence about them. One that made Ezra both curious and slightly frightened. But, Nan was waiting. They made their way down to the road, giving a small wave to Elthas as they shifted on their heel and made their way down another road to where they hoped the bakery was awaiting.

After securing the bread between getting slightly lost and then through the thick accent and curses of the baker, Ezra finally returned home to Nan's cottage. They felt bad that had it had taken so long, and prayed that the older woman wouldn't be too upset. As they entered the home, Nan was humming softly while seated in her chair, an old oak rocking chair that her deceased husband had carved for her many years ago. Despite its supposed age, the chair seemed well kept, a thick green cushion atop the seat for extra comfort. The old woman had a large cloth in her lap, needle at the ready to make more stitches into what Ezra assumed to be a blanket. She looked up from her work, a small grin forming.

"Welcome back, child! You were gawn an awful lon' time, dear. Was worried ye had eloped while shoppin' fer bread!" Nan cackled, giving a look to the basket containing the bread and a cursory glance over Ezra's being. The Homunculi shuddered unconsciously, then gave the old woman a small smile as the pair moved into the kitchen. As Ezra set the basket down, they couldn't help but feel Nan staring at their back, mentally pondering where the Homunculi had been all this time. After a few moments of trying to unload the bread from the basket, they couldn't stand the feeling of grey eyes peering at the back of their head. "Nan, I would have been here sooner, but I got stopped along the way by pair of nice gentlemen. No, trio? Wait, yes, three of them. Nice men, all around." They paused, giving the woman a look. "Definitely not marriage material."

The two shared a long stare before they both began laugh, Nan's much more shrill compared to Ezra's quiet chuckles. The Homunculi began cutting the bread as they continued to speak, a smile still lingering. "One was named Nevin; very dark red hair. He's an alchemist? Very polite, a little reserved. His friend was an... elf? Which to me was almost surprising to see. I don't think I've seen very many elves wandering about this area. His name was... Elvis? No. Elthas! That's it, Elthas. He was a very true gentlemen. Wanted me to join the two of them plus another man they had met out for dinner at the tavern." Ezra was ready to continue on, but hesitated when Nan made a small gasp of surprise.

"Child, you go out to tha' dinner and have fun. Elthas is a nice boy; used ta help out aroun' 'ere wit his brother. Good lads, they were. Now, git goin'. And no buts!" Nan crooned, giving Ezra a small smack on the backside with her cane. The Homunculi sighed, knowing that any sort of argument with the old woman was pointless and would only result in an unwanted smack to the noggin. After wiping their face down with a towel and a promise to the old woman that they would tell Elthas hello, the Homunculi was off to the tavern. Upon arriving, they would look for the gentlemen they had left about fifteen minutes prior.

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    As the lady in the nice dress got up and walked away, Sketch went over and began a conversation with the alchemist. "You would be Nevin, correct? From what the children say, you make the best candy in the city." Sketch gave an exaggerated bow, one long arm over his chest."My name is Sketch, it's a pleasure to meet a professional such as yourself. I was hoping to discuss a business matter with you, and explain some of the particulars of my situation that I am in as I ask for your help. Though, I'd hate to make you late for your dinner with your friends. Perhaps if it's not too inconvenient, I'll join you all for a nice meal." Sketch held his arm out in the direction of the tavern, as kind smile playing across his face.

As the two walked towards the tavern to meet up with Elthas and Ezra, Sketch continued, "You see Sir Nevin, my situation is a little complicated. I'm having quite a lot of trouble sleeping. Normally, I'd go to the apothecary and request a sleeping draft. However, my situation is made more difficult due to the invasion of a force of sentient nightmares known as Grym that invade my dreams."

Sketch gave a slight respectful nod to Nevin, "I was hoping, that a chemist of your reputation may allow me to have a decent nights sleep while I'm in town."
    The two made it to the tavern "Ahh, but enough business. Let's grab a seat inside and enjoy ourselves." Sketch put a friendly hand on the alchemist's shoulder.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Zipping into the tavern/pub Elthas made his way first. Nevin and Sketch arrived shortly after he did, and Ezra a little after. At that point, the group was in position for what would happen next. The tavern was as lively as ever, and though extremely hyper-active, Elthas still was not used to large crowds. The noise made it difficult for him to concentrate, but the smell of cannibus and other smoke was in the air. Further, good food and ale was all around. The gathered patrons were laughing and discussing the day's events. Elthas saw several familiar employees of the bar present. The resident chefs made decent enough food and drink there. Elthas zipped around looking for a table for the small group of fast friends.

Elthas looked over at Nevin and Sketch, nodding in their general direction. "That's my party, plus one more." Elthas said calmly towards one of the waitresses.

"Very good Elthas. Nice to see that Llukrath gave you some time off." She said calmly.

"I'd rather be working. But that's just me." Elthas adjusted where he stood and zipped off towards Nevin and Sketch. "There you guys are." Elthas smiled warmly towards them. "Dinner and drinks are on me." Elthas said, he had earned a pretty gold piece in his time in Stonevale doing this or that task. Earning his way up the ladder of commerce and riches. There was a pretty gold piece to be made if one knew where to look for it. And work hard. Elthas's family were all hard workers. Halm, the legendary Hero from his town, was his Father. And protected The Great Tree and the people of Corone in many adventures.

His Mother, Ellysia, was a skilled mage. She knew how to keep The Wards of The Great Tree active and potent. Elthas himself had a Brother. A boy named Drathis who had become one of them daft Ranger folks. Skilled with archery, wilderness survival and a loyal friend. That was Elthas's family and they were the current part of House Belthasar. One of The Great Houses of his people. The Great Tree was home to several large families, or Clans. Elthas knew that to be the case, but only the most learned of outsiders would know. Elthas thought about those matters constantly, despite the consistent on-the-go life style he lead. He rarely slowed down. Being fast was in his blood...a blessing of The Great Tree.

Elthas let his reverie fade for a few moments and watched his friends sit down. The waitress came to their table and Elthas placed his own order...making it a point not to order the standard Ale of Adventurer folks. Elthas preferred juices and other sweet drinks like pop and root beer. The drinks made him feel good and allowed him to keep up his constant on-the-go life style. Even sitting down, his body was in a constant state of flux. He was moving, on the move, slowing down was not in his vocabulary. Elthas observed Nevin, Ezra and Sketch. They did in fact, make an odd party. But Elthas did not mind, he enjoyed learning about other cultures and other societies.

He was getting ready to ask something to Nevin, Sketch and Ezra when something happened.

Something Elthas did not expect.

He looked up from what he was about to say towards the front door of the tavern. "He's hurt!" Elthas rushed towards the entry doors and saw that one of the local guards had a serious injury. Elthas helped the man carefully as a hush filled the normally loud tavern. "What happened?"

"Goblins, sir." Elthas immediately became quiet at that point. There had not been a major incident with Goblins in some years since that point. Elthas stood up. "Where are they?"

"On The West Ridge...near the mine." Medics were already rushing to save the young soldier of Stonevale.

Elthas looked towards Nevin, Sketch and Ezra. They were fate's Heroes now. "Guys...we need to help them. They won't stand a chance if The Goblins have an Overlord with them." Elthas waited to see what Nevin and his friends would do.

At that point, Elthas had a flash-back.

To his younger years, when his Father lived with them and was not as famous as he currently was. "Elthas my son. What do the teachings of our House say in times of need?"

A younger Elthas looked up at his Father and smiled studiously. "We must honour the alliances between Men and Elves." Elthas said calmly. "We must strive to protect those who cannot protect themselves. And always fight for the innocent."

"You are a good boy, Elthas. Take that CODE in your heart always. And do your best to uphold that code. Never tolerate any injustice. It is The Belthasar way."

Goblins... Elthas thought to himself. As he patiently waited for what his friends would do...

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    "Hmm. Sentient nightmares... While that is a rather... different, issue than most I've heard of..." That was putting it mildly. Nevin wasn't about to dismiss the claim out of hand though - considering that he had been a victim of a massive cult worshiping blood or an entity of blood, there was no reason to disbelieve that somewhere out in the wilds of the world there were such creatures, or something that used such creatures to attack others. He frowned and rubbed his chin, running the problem over in his mind. From what he was saying, the creatures invaded when he was already asleep, in the dreaming state. Nevin nodded - he might be able to help, but the problem was it might take some observation to see if it was possible. He had an idea of a solution, but making it work would require his concept of when and how the nightmares attacked the story-teller to be correct.

The issue was shelved in the back of the alchemist's mind to percolate when they arrived to the tavern. The hyper-active Elf had apparently been waiting for them to arrive, as he hadn't even taken a seat before Nevin and Sketch walked in. He cheerily waved them over, and the two men joined him. They had been quietly sipping their drinks - Nevin had once again chosen his preferred honey mead - for roughly a quarter of an hour before the oddity arrived - Ezra that is, whom Nevin still was feeling weird about. Not physically attracted to her weird, but that there was something distinctly off about the woman that he still could not place. It was more than the fact that her features seemed too perfect, almost designed, and the fact that someone had placed runes on her eyes was just adding to the mystery. Still, that was neither here nor there - the others were ordering their food and having small talk, Nevin content to just sip his mead, when the door to the place flew open.

Elthas had rushed over to them immediately, and it took Nevin until after the Elf had reached the new arrivals to realize that it was one of the local guards, and he had a long, deep gash in his side that was oozing red and a strange black ichor. Nevin pushed the singing of his magic away as he stood up and moved quickly over to them, bending down and pushing a curious patron out of the way. He cursed inwardly as Elthas was telling the group they needed to help - this town was not prepared for what was happening. He recognized the metallic tang of the black goop that lined the edge of the guard's wound - a poison that mountain goblinoid clans favored. It was rare to see outside of the mountainous regions of the world, and Nevin only knew it from...before he was Nevin. He stood up and stared into Elthas' face, his lips a grim line as he spoke.

"There's outside goblins at work here, not just the normal island clan. I need to go back to my shop and start working on medicine - I recognize this poison, but the medical facility here in town won't have the ingredients to handle it.
    It's best that I not go into the forest as it is, I cannot fight well, and would just weigh any group down that's in the woods. I'd be a liability."
    And, what he wouldn't admit - Nevin was not a hero. He had been a wanderer, avoiding death by avoiding danger in general, until he got captured by the cult which he felt he couldn't be ashamed of considering it had been an entire town. But since then, danger had seemed to start gravitating towards him on a regular basis. The alchemist bit his lip hard - it looked like he would have to work on picking up a means of actually defending himself. His side still was damaged from the blasted lizard he had met, a potent reminder that a fighter he was not. No, making sure that the town guards had the medicine they needed - and after that, getting some of that medicine to the others after treating the wounded here - that would be where he would do the most good.

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    Ezra eventually had found the group they had previously spoke with in short order, looking somewhat out of place as they adjusted the dress and took a seat at the table. It was an odd feeling, being in such a lively environment. They were used to the silence and solitude of the forest, or the occasional yell from Nan. The idea of being around multiple people was an odd one, and the Homunculi couldn't help but think of the note that their predecessor had left behind. 'Was it lonely being you, Ezoreth? Did you not miss the world around you? Miss children in the street playing, or men raucously laughing and enjoying a night with friends in the pub? Enjoying the warmth and company of a lover on a lone winter's night? I know so little about you, Ezoreth, but I cannot help but feel sorry for you. Was our research worth losing out on all of this?'

Before Ezra could continue their mental lamentation of their previous self, a guardsman stumbled in and was promptly met by Elthas. The Homunculi remained rather stoic faced as the panic set in about the tavern. Goblins, the guard had cried. Out near the mine, possibly with something called an 'Overlord' with them. Whatever that was supposed to be, it must have been ominous. The elf was trying to rally the table to join him on a quest to defeat the goblin invasion, and Ezra couldn't help but hesitate. It was recklessly dangerous, and they weren't extremely powerful. Elthas might be good in a fight, but Ezra had little combat experience. Nevin seemed to be a bookish type, which seemed confirmed when he said he'd hang back and work on a cure for the apparent poison the goblins had. And then there was the third man at the table. He seemed mysterious and rather aloof in nature, but there was no indication on his combat prowess. With a heavy sigh, Ezra rose to their feet and brushed their hands against the dress as is to clean themselves of the mess.

"Alright, this seems like a rather bad situation. Elthas, I do not think we are properly equipped to deal with this, even with help from the local militia. You might be a great warrior, but I cannot say the same about the rest of us. The world is not full of shining heroes and dastardly villains like the stories of old, elf. I do not wish to run off to my death over this." They shot a glare at the elf, before letting out a sigh and pushing back their long, off-white braid. "But," they continued, "We do have an opportunity to make things better and I suppose we would be the most capable in such a scenario to change the course of fate. We do this the smart way, however. No rushing off to die."

Ezra continued their gaze at Elthas, quietly judging the elf's appearance. Lithe, tall, and definitely experienced in combat in one form or another. Definitely not a fresh recruit in the art of war. "Elthas, if you can, rally some people to aid in battle. If we went now, we would be slaughtered quite quickly. Make sure the troops, if you will, are armed and ready for what will come. If they come along, I want as many of them to survive as possible. I do not think a too large of force is needed, either, as I do not wish to leave the town defenseless if we fail our endeavor."

With a quick shift, the Homunculi's gaze focused on the seated alchemist. Purple eyes seemed to bear down on the man, as if trying to intimidate or at least pressure him into complying with whatever they said. "Nevin, you are honestly the best sort of healer we have at the moment. You can synthesize a cure for the poison, you say? Then do it. Make as much as you can. Then catch up to us at the mine. Bring us the cure and bring some sort of offense. Poisons, ailments, acid, anything. We will need any sort of advantage you can give us and with the healing formulas in that alchemy tome you had before, you might even save soldiers out there who cannot be moved."

Finally glancing at Sketch, Ezra kept a long look at the man and scanned him up and down as well. With a final sigh of frustration at their lack of comprehension of his abilities, they crossed their arms over their chest. "I do not know you well, sir, but I would hope you have some abilities to aid us. Whether it be combat prowess, magical skill, or tactical knowledge, I can only ask you do your best in assistance in this instance. Elthas, I shall meet you on the edge of town once I am prepared. Good fortune to us because death is not an option I wish to experience."

And with that final note, Ezra lifted the front of their dress and began a mad sprint to Nan's to get their regular clothing and their trusted shortspear.

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch's night had just been made more interesting as a hurt man stumbled into the tavern. The people he'd been having dinner with rushed to the door to attempt to aid the man, Sketch stood up in the back to observe.

Elthas had attempted to rally everyone's spirits and go after goblins, warning of the poison they carried, and the chance of an "Overlord," the whole idea sounded exciting. Sketch wanted to come and see what would unfold, he'd give his life for a good story.

Nevin, the young man he'd come to the tavern with, had immediately rushed to the wounded man, every bit the empathetic healer that he seemed. Sketch admired the physician's mentality that the young man seemed to hold.

The young lady, named Ezra, began ordering the group around, including Sketch himself. This was a shock to Sketch, he'd never been one to take orders, not that he had any hard feelings about it, it just shocked him. She'd mentioned him having some sort of unknown power, though he'd never made any effort to hide it specifically.

Sketch spoke out, "Well, just so that every card on the table, I'd hate to be an unknown factor. I tell stories that come to life, allow me to demonstrate." Sketch began to speak in the dark, deep, baritone that he used when he summoned the Grym. Sketch spoke a quick poem to summon a small, non aggressive Grym.

"Little Bo-peep
    lost her sheep,
    And didn't know
    Where to find them;
    Leave them alone,
    And they'll come home,
    Bringing their tails behind them."

The lights grew dim, and the room became enveloped by a low-lying mist. out of the mist rose a small white sheep looking creature, with a viscous smile and the empty eyes that all Grym shared. The little monster stood up on two legs, and was collared by a large, iron chain. It made a loud moaning sound that caused the hairs on the back of Sketch's neck stand on end.

"This one is mostly harmless, but I have quite a bit of room when it comes to the specifics of what they look like and how they act." Sketch gave a low bow to the room. He made a wave of his hand, and the monsterous sheep vanished. The room returned to its normal aspect.

He turned to Nevin, "Those are the Grym, the ones I'd discussed with you, who invade my dreams."

"If you wish to fight those goblins, I'd be happy to go with you all, if you'd accept my company. The Grym can be very valuable in a fight, and I can summon a phantasmal horde that can cause a panick to a small force of goblins. I'm not sure where the overlord would be, but I may be able to clear a path for the rest of you to get to it."
    Last edited by The Crooked Knight; 10-17-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Things were happening quickly.

Elthas knelt down to the injured soldier, his wound grievous, but not fatal.

Though the fact remained, there was an imminent threat. Elthas was glad that he had his friends present at that exact moment. He blinked for a moment attempting to calm down. He then looked a the few soldiers that arrived with the injured. Elthas nodded again.

Sketch, Ezra and Nevin were all present. Elthas looked at Nevin at that point. "Do it." Somehow, Elthas had been given the mantle of leadership. He didn't mind it. Elthas looked at the gathered in the tavern, several burly types approached the defenders.

"We can help too." One of the warriors said.

Elthas looked at Sketch at that point...A Summoner... That interested Elthas greatly. He knew from the teachings of his people that Summoners were even more rare than the other schools of magic. His mind was working quickly. "All right, you two there." He pointed to some volunteers. "Take the defenseless and put them someplace safe. We don't know how many there are." From what Elthas knew about Goblinkin, was that they oft worked in large groups. Concealing their numbers.

Elthas knelt down towards the injured soldier. "Kraat." He said the man's name. "How many are attacking the mine area?"

"There were five that I saw. Their weapons are likely poisoned, sir." Kraat said calmly.

Elthas stood up at that point. "Nevin, help all you can." He said calmly. Then he looked at Ezra. "Take your time to prepare, friend. I'll meet you at the mines." Elthas suddenly had a fiercely determined look on his face. He looked at Sketch. "Come with us, my friend. We must do all we can to thwart the attack." Elthas stepped outside...

His mind became a blur at that point. There were the sounds of screams everywhere, friends and comrades injured at the hands of savage Goblins. Elthas's face remained determined. As he stepped out, several folks stepped out with him. Elthas looked towards Sketch, and the gathered volunteers. "Keep a tight formation, Nevin and the others will tend to the wounded." Elthas drew his finely crafted daggers. His eyes narrowed and up ahead he saw several soldiers, near the mine. Elthas moved quickly, faster than most of the Humans could move. As was his nature, he was one of the first on the scene.

Elthas...oddly enough...began to sing.

He saw several injured folks on the way to the front lines. He had no medicinal/healing arts and could not help them. Nevin could, maybe Ezra and the apothecary of the town. Elthas spotted the locale Captain of the militia fighting with all he had. Elthas narrowed his eyes.

The first Goblin turned his attention towards Elthas. (Loosely translated from Goblin Tongue) "<Interloper, my lord!>"

The leader of The Goblin squad was fighting the Human's captain. "<Kill them ALL."> The Goblin said.

And Elthas attacked, engaging The Goblin directly with all the lethal skill his Father, Halm Belthasar trained him with. Everything became a blur.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin had raised an eyebrow at the commanding tone that Elthas had used - the Elf was ordering him to do what he had already said he would, so it was kind of... strange? Nevin decided to ignore it though, it didn't matter. He turned his focus to the guard that was standing half-supported by his teammate. He nodded roughly. "Right. You - to the medical facility. Tell them to wash out your wound only with water - using alcohol to cleanse it is NOT a good idea, the Goblins that this poison came from know about that method, and included an ingredient that will essentially turn the poison into an acid if it encounters alcohol. So. You. No. Alcohol. Got it?" This was said to the uninjured man, as the guard who had been hurt was looking woozy so he hadn't heard. Or at least, Nevin wasn't going to trust that he would remember the instruction. The other guard though, had turned a pale white, and nodded rapidly. "Good. Go. I'll be coming as soon as I get some of the antidote mixed. Tell them to begin preparing heated compresses - if anyone else comes in injured, the heat will slow down the spread of the poison, drawing it back to the surface. Go, go!" Nevin didn't bother waiting to see if the men had listened to him this time, instead looking to Ezra and Sketch as Elthas had already sprinted out the door.

The Elf had some kind of unnatural speed - he had been gone in moments, and there were people standing in the street who were looking quite dazed. Nevin turned to Sketch again. "Don't bother trying to follow him - unless you know where the mine is, I'd suggest sticking with the reinforcements that Miss Ezra is leading there. Stay safe you two." Nevin took off towards his shop, leaving the front door hanging open as he flew into the back and down his hatch - though he did shut that behind him as he got to work mixing the herbs, plant parts, and the limited amounts of animal resources required for the antidotes. The antidotes were not something he kept on hand these days - he'd come to an island nation, and had not expected to have to deal with Mountain Goblin poison any time soon. So the antidotes he was hurriedly brewing were sloppy, not the normal works of concentration and skill that he would normally churn out for his products - these were focused on getting the job done over everything else, and as soon as the potions turned the right color he considered it done.

The alchemist didn't waste time brewing any restoratives - what the medic facility had on hand would have to do. No, his attention was solely on getting the medicine that was needed for the poison. So up the ladder he went, carrying fifteen remedies with him, and he barely slowed down long enough to lock his door back up. The streets were filled not quite with panic, but with worry - no one had attacked Scara Brae in recent history, and the people barley knew how to deal with even one isolated Goblin. No, after this, someone would have to look into refreshing the training of the town guard. Five Goblins should not have been enough to be a concern to guards, even with a Mountain Goblin along for the ride - it showed that Stonevale had been peaceful for far too long. The injuries they normally dealt with came from accidents in the mines, not from hostile attacks.

The medics looked frazzled, except for one old, grizzled veteran of a doctor, who was currently barking out orders. He pinned the redheaded alchemist with a steely gaze as Nevin burst in. "Oi. Boy. You warned these lumps about the alcoholic reaction?" Nevin nodded. "Good, you'll do then. OI, LOUTS, LISTEN UP!" The medics in the chamber froze, and as one, turned to look at the two of them. "THIS MAN IS THE ONE WHO KEPT YOU IDIOTS FROM TURNING THE GUARD INTO AN ACID SCULPTURE. LISTEN TO HIM, OR I'LL STRING YOU UP BY YOUR TOENAILS!" He cut his volume and looked to Nevin, stamping his cane roughly. "That should do you boy - if any of them give you any trouble you let me know. Now. What can we do?" Nevin stared, mildly dumbfounded at the man, then nodded, swallowing roughly before raising his voice and speaking.

"Alright. This poison acts differently from most - it's far more topical in nature, it doesn't sink into the blood stream unless it has been left to sit for too long - that's why washing it out with water as soon as possible was vital. This is probably because of whatever the ingredient is that they use to lay a trap for anyone trying to clean wounds with alcohol, but in either case it doesn't matter. The most immediate solution is to clean the wound with water, followed by applying the antidote to the site directly. This is not meant to be administered orally or intravenously, so don't bother trying to get victims to drink it - just wash the cleaned wound with it. If you don't have time or access to water wipe the poison away with a cloth - do not let it touch your skin - and then flood the area with the antidote. Now then, we treat this man then we need to get out there to the battle-site. Faster response is crucial with this poison." Nevin strode over to the pale, sweating guard, and uncorked one of the vials of antidote, and dumped it into the wound. Within moments the tension and pain on the man's face relaxed, and he slumped into unconsciousness. That done, one of the nurses stayed by the guard's side as the rest of them took off for the battlefield.

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    Dashing in dresses wasn't exactly the easiest of physical feats, but Ezra was going to make due. Getting attacked by Goblins wasn't exactly on the agenda for the day, but then again, meeting the dour alchemist, the Grym mythweaver, or the ever-upbeat elf wasn't exactly in the cards, either. Making their way through the town square towards Nan's cottage, their gaze bounced between the townsfolk weaving in and out in a hectic pattern. Some families were moving together, some stoic while others cried out in fear for their lives. Young farmers holding their tools of the trade, as if prepared to fight to the death rather than flee. Women helping prepare medical tents, no doubt waiting for the wounded. Were these simple folk preparing for a minor skirmish or a war? The human emotion spectrum was quite interesting, in Ezra's opinion. They couldn't imagine how these people must... feel so much. Their emotions were so varied, so extreme. With a minor shake of the head, the Homunculi made their way into the cottage with all the grace one could have while rushing.

"Oi! What's all the racket?!" Nan was clearly irritated at the elevating noise, but Ezra said nothing immediately as they began undoing the corset as quickly as possible. "Ach! No, ye stop that, lass! What's got yer garments in a bind, ah? Got a gentleman calla' on the way te visit?" The old woman hobbled towards the Homunculi and attempted to stop their hand movements on the corset but Ezra continued their frantic strip. "Nan, I need to change. There is a Goblin issue at the mine and I must assist." Nan frowned, giving Ezra a small poke in the side with her cane. The Homunculi winced, but continued trying to undo the knot in order to slide out of the dress.

"No, no. That be the men's job. Lasses like ye should let the boys win their 'onor and all that silly shite." Nan chided, still watching Ezra desperately struggle. Clearly, the woman had no intention of really helping the Homunculi get out easily. They continued their fiddling for what seemed like a long time before finally getting the corset off. With a small smile of satisfaction, they quickly heaved the dress off and dropped it on the floor with a loud flump! The elderly woman looked almost shocked, jaw open slightly as Ezra now stood before the woman with nothing more than the long undergarments to go with the dress. Scrambling through the house looking for their usual hunting outfit, the Homunculi didn't even hear the elder complaining about the 'skin markin's', 'dark scars', and other commentary as they quickly got into their usual gear and was out the door once again. Their spear felt somewhat heavier as they moved, their boots slapping against the dirt.

'I do not believe I have ever slain a 'sentient' being up until this point. I have slain animals in my hunts, but I cannot say that I have taken the life of a truly feeling creature. Ezoreth, have you done something like this before? If you had, were you as conflicted as I feel now? Is this... nervousness?' They pondered to themselves as they ran ever closer to the mine. Upon arrival, they held their shortspear tight and watched the clash between the Stovevale soldiers and the Goblins. The Homunculi didn't move immediately to combat, choosing instead to remain locked in place and just... watch.

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch stood Near the mines, the parts where the incursion had taken place were covered in the sounds of screaming, banging and no small amount of blood. The storyteller watched as Elthas charged foreword through the grunts of the goblins, attempting to find the leader.

Sketch advanced with the makeshift troops that had been put together, his part of the play was clear and consice. He held his arms stretched outwards, his head hung low as he spoke to the goblins in a voice that seemed unable to be drowned out by the panic.

"The raiders caused havoc amongst the mines, mayhem flowing from them like a river, they didn't know that the town was protected by great heroes, and the invaders had understated their prey. One of the defenders was a tall man with a wicked grin and a dark voice. As he spoke, an unnatural darkness crept into the night, blotting out the stars, followed by a rolling fog." Sketch said, his deep baritone echoing and rolling off the stone.

"As the words spoken by the storyteller echoed off of the carnage, the spirits of the those whom the goblins had killed appeared before them, their eyes hungry for revenge!"

Sketch had chosen shapes of mutalated corpses for the Phatasmal Grym to take their shape from, their empty forms eminating raw fear at the goblins. This trick was different from summoning a physical Grym, it allowed the Grym to leverage their nightmarish nature against the psyche of the a large group of enemies, and while the goblins were physically strong, Sketch did t think they were terribly brave or mentally strong.

As the spell was cast, the goblins started to scream and shout. Three of them ran away, those could easily be run down, Sketch guessed. The last one stood petrified, and the farmers turned militia dispatched it easily, striking a fatal blow while it was panicked.

Sketch had broken the goblins ranks, the rest would be up to the others. The "ghosts" may unsettle the farmers, but he figured that with their powers focused on the goblins, Nevin and Ezra may find the Grym a curiosity at best. Sketch sat down and watched things unfold, his grin displaying a manic glee.
    Last edited by The Crooked Knight; 10-20-2017 at 02:20 PM.