Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile

Ebb and flow of Economics. (Stonevale/OPEN)

(Open to about 3-4 other level 1 characters. This is a mainly for fun project but I'm trying to help flesh out Stonevale a LOT more canonically. Anyway gang, enjoy the thread! All participants are free to bunny any NPC's in this thread at will.)

(Continued form the events of this: ~thread~ please only post if you can complete this thread with us!!!)

Elthas lost track of Nevin, and that made him a little sad. However, he'd agreed to help The Elven blacksmith that worked at Yark's shop. Elthas was glad that he'd been able to save The Hume (Human), Nevin from being lost in the confines of Ruild. Elthas considered the situation at hand. He was localized at that point, running parcel between The Great Tree (His hometown) and Stonevale, some parcel went far into Radasanth and other cities of Corone proper. That day, Elthas just finished delivering a parcel for Stonevale's single clinic. The apothecary was situated there, and he'd hope that he could come across Nevn. Or other Adventurers that day as well. Llukrath was a fair boss to work for, the man always seemed to have work available and paid Elthas quite handsomely for his hard work.

Elthas was trapped in the ebb and flow of things at that point.

As he finished the run, he had the clients sign the legal documentation, Corone seal, and nodded towards Lady Akarra. She was one of the Healers, an older woman who once served in The Order of Ai'Bron as one of The Citadel's monks.

"Thank you Elthas, this is a fresh stock of supplies we needed." She shook Elthas's hand. "You're fast, we requested the delivery a few days ago and finally got it. You've been a good asset to the town. I'm sure your parents are quite pleased with that." Akarra said.

Elthas nodded. "I visit home often. I still never really adapted to city life. But I don't mind helping the town out and doing my part. I must honour The Old Alliances." Elthas said proudly and for a moment, allowed him a small sense of self worth and pleasure, and accomplishment. He was helping Stonevale and his home town out. That counted for Elthas more than anything else....doing the right thing. Or at least what my Father, Halm, taught me was the right thing. I will always honour my Father's teachings. Elthas thought to himself.

"You all right?" Akarra asked. "Lost you there for a moment."

"Was just thinking about my Father." Elthas nodded. "I think that's my last parcel for today. I gotta report back to Llukrath." Elthas bowed gently towards Akarra.

Llukrath was busily working on some of the swords that a wealthy client ordered from the shop.

Elthas made his way towards Llukrath to report that the parcel had been delivered safely, and without incident. "Llukrath, I have the receipt for the parcel."

Llukrath blinked for a moment. "Done so soon?" He grinned. "The Light of our Elders has blessed you with great skill, my boy."

Elthas handed Llukrath the signed document. "Anything else today?"

Llukrath pondered for a moment. "No, that was your last parcel for today. You've already done more than I could have ever asked for these past few weeks, you deserve some time off. Go. See your friend Nevin, I know you are worried about him since last time." Llukrath said calmly.

Elthas nodded. "Thank you." He didn't know where Nevin would be...but there was a promise to keep. And Elthas had a feeling Nevin was lost someplace near town once again anyway. He was glad that the red-headed boy made as much noise as he did. It would be an easy matter to track him...

Elthas stepped out of Yark's smithy. One of many such shops in town. He raised his hood up over the fancy fedora hat he wore. That day, he wore a basic Elven suit cut in the popular Radasanth style of the age. His fedora hat was old and rustic, built for an outdoorsman like he was. He wore all black that day, he wore black oft those days. The locket he wore was a signet locket that was emblazoned with the symbol of House Belthasar.

He walked through town, looking for his friend...Nevin.

(Up to four fellow level 1-2ish welcome to join!!!)

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin was currently sitting outside one of the food shops that was thankfully just across the street from the tavern. He had on his light leather tunic over the long sleeved shirt - this time a simple dark green one that looked like it had seen better days. In front of him was a steaming mug of tea that had been half-consumed, and a few crumbs from some kind of meat pastry. The alchemist hadn't been too particular about asking what went into that meat pastry, and the crotchety woman who was running the food shop had just grunted at him when he ordered it and paid. Beside the wooden plank that served as a serving board was an open text - covered in symbols and mathematical formula as well as normal words; and Nevin was currently flicking back and forth through the pages, his eyes scanning the ink that was set into the paper.

He had managed to find the text in a trader's shop - it was a lucky find for the man, as it seemed to be a treatise on lung ailments, and medicines that were effective in treating them in a variety of ways. The first one listed was, of course, the ever popular and prevalent Miner's Delight tonic, the very same one that Nevin had come to Stonevale already knowing how to brew. While the recipe contained within the pages was different than the one he knew, it was only in a few small ways, though he would have to brew a batch to see if this recipe worked better than his own. No, it was the other formula that were intriguing to him - one that claimed to be able to make children's breathing easier in the night, and helped them get to sleep for example, or a salve that you coated a scarf in to help breathing cold, damp air. These were the kinds of things that alchemists tried their best to keep to themselves - or to their apprentices perhaps. But in any case, no, this had come as a boon to him.

While Nevin could experiment with things on his own, the concoctions he made had an unfortunate tendency towards detrimental effects on the consumer. Thankfully he had been testing almost everything either on himself (with counteragents on hand to prevent a most painful death) or on the rats that seemed to perpetually make their way into his basement, so he hadn't accidentally sold a bad brew to a customer. No, having a set of some formula on hand was incredibly useful - it would give him more wares to sell in his shop, and at the same time it would give him clues as to the ways the plants in this region interacted with each other, so his own experiments would start to go smoother. He shook his hand out from where it had begun to cramp up as he held the book open, and picked up his mug of tea to start sipping at it again before it cooled down too much.

As he did so, he glanced along the road that was, finally, becoming familiar. He'd had a couple of rough goes of things as he went on his small hunting and gathering trips, getting lost a time or two, but now he was at least accustomed to the streets between here and the edge of town enough that he wouldn't end up wandering out on the other side of town...again. It looked like there was a flash of black, black on black that is, and he raised his hand, trying to catch the wandering black-clad Elf's attention.
    Last edited by Nevin; 10-06-2017 at 09:39 PM.

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    The mining town was bustling as ever, and Ezra was enjoying the cacophony of miners making a ruckus at one of the local taverns or the sharp calls from travelling merchants with their various wares. If this is what society was like all over the world, the Homunculi would enjoy experiencing the different cultures and just... live. But, before they could do that, they needed to at least get their supposed magic power back. The old tome bounced against their hip inside of their satchel, and they couldn't help but sigh. That tome had continued to elude being opened, despite Ezra's best efforts.

But it could wait. Nan was waiting for them to get home.

As Ezra approached the small cottage where they were currently residing (thanks to Nan's generosity), the Homunculi couldn't help but wonder if this was what is was like to be a part of a family. To come home every night, sit down, and have dinner. To laugh during the good times and to cry during the hard times. There was a simplicity to that life that would always be wanted, but the Homunculi had a feeling that they would never have that life. Almost cursed to wander for eternity, in a way.

But for today, they would enjoy the 'simple' life.

The old door creaked and opened as they tapped the door twice, and a somewhat feeble call from somewhere within the cottage rang out. "Who's there?" The Homunculi laughed slightly as they continued stepping into the home and sliding out of their travelling boots. "It is just Ezra, Nan. I caught two rabbits for you out in the forest!" They responded, and a shuffling could be heard as the woman poked her head into the hall.

Nan was an older soul, perhaps in her sixties or so, who had lived in the town for decades. Despite her age, her stormy grey eyes hid a twinkle of youth and excitement. She was a gentle soul and quick with a laugh, but she was not above putting someone in their place. Even the burliest of the miners knew not to trifle with Nan or they'd get an ear full of curses or a swift smack in the rear. Sometimes both. Her back was hunched from years of hard work, and she was adorned only in a simple brown robe and soft shoes to wander the house in. Her grey hair was thinning, but lacking in any sort of bald spots and wrapped in a small bun. With a large grin (minus a few teeth), the elderly woman quickly beckoned for the Homunculi to join her in the room she had come out from.

"Come, come, child! I will make us supper fer the evenin'!" The old crone cackled, taking Ezra's hand and pulling them along the moment they were within arm's reach. "But first, le' me do yer hair, dear. It's gahtten so messy with ye playin' in tha trees all day! Such a prehtty girl like you shouldn't be so rough." Nan cooed, stopping at her chair and pulling on Ezra's hand to maneuver them to sit on the ground. The Homunculi didn't have the heart to correct Nan about their sex, and even the concept of a gender identity was somewhat foreign to them. But if Nan wanted to treat Ezra like a daughter and open her home to them, the Homunculi wouldn't argue. With a loud sigh of feigned defiance, the Homunculi sat in front of the chair. The old woman hummed softly, pulling on their braid and undoing it with a gentleness that would be reserved for a child from their mother. She hummed, running a brush and an old comb through the off-white locks and eventually reweaving the braid. Nan gave a small 'hmph' of triumph, she gave the Homunculi a small slap upside the head. "And that's fer bein' smart with me on doin' yer hair!" The two shared a small laugh as Ezra quickly rose to their feet from the floor.

"Now, I need ye to git some bread from tha smartarse baker for supper. It'll take me some time ta git it all ready, so go change out of yer messy clothes, put on somethin', and git yer arse inta town before ye git smack'd!" Nan barked, and the Homunculi furrowed their brow and (barely) looked down at the old woman. "But Nan," Ezra argued, "I do not have anything to change into..." The old woman stared at Ezra for a moment, then grinned a most devious grin. "Well, dear, let's see what ol' Nan can do abou' that..."

And that's how Ezra ended up in a dress.

It was a very pretty dress, in the Homunculi's opinion. Far too pretty to be worn by someone like them, but Nan had insisted they wear it once she had seen Ezra in it. It was a long informal dress, extending down to the feet and nearly tripping Ezra a few times. Off-white in color, the dress seemingly hadn't seen sunlight in a while but was still very well kept. The sleeves reached down to just above the wrist, with just enough room to breathe. However, the attention grabbing part to this outfit was the leather corset (which to Nan's immense displeasure, didn't accentuate any of Ezra's 'womanly charms') and the ochre sash tied around their waist. The sash itself was ornate, detailed with golden thread and beautiful designs. The Homunculi had argued against wearing such a fine garment, but the old woman had been adamant about it. "Ta gitcha a nice husband, sometimes ye need a lil' extra oomph!" She had cackled, which had left them somewhat flustered at the woman's brazenness. So out in a dress they went, off to buy bread for a saucy old woman they had begun to live with because being a caretaker for the old woman was honestly much more enjoyable than living in a small room at the inn.

They had quickly left the cottage with the small amount of coin Nan had handed to them but in their rush to escape Nan's embarrassing teasing, they had forgotten to ask where to go to find the proper baker. Glancing around, they placed a hand on the coin pouch wrapped tightly next to the sash and began to walk down the road in search of some form of bakery nearby. As they made their way through the crowd, they noticed a man seated near one of the local food establishments waving at them. Wait, waving at them? Ezra looked very confused at this random stranger trying to flag them down for some unknown reason. With unsure steps, the Homunculi made their way over to the man while studying his appearance. Decently dressed, dark red hair cut somewhat short, and looking somewhat dignified in posture. A noble, maybe?

Finally stepping up next to the man, the Homunculi looked down at the man with minor embarrassment and confusion. "I am sorry, but is there a reason you were flagging me down? I do not believe we have me-" Ezra trailed off, glancing at the book that the man had open next to him. Their purple eyes lit up almost instantaneously in recognition, the symbols a very clear indication of magic study. "Oh, how interesting! You have a book on... healing magic, it looks like. Are you a healer?"

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Out on the street, standing on an old oaken soap box, Sketch began drawing his crowd in to him. Once he'd gathered up a decent audience, mostly children who sat in front of him, he sat down, one leg over his knee. He fiddled in his pack for his cheap, clay pipe. He spoke out to the crowd. "Has anyone ever heard the tale of Amlen and Rhyn as they searched for the tree of life?" He let his words spread around, using the time to light the hot burning clay pipe as well as to build a little anticipation.

Sketch knew that this story was one that children of all ages could enjoy, and he didn't mind bringing joy to people during the day. "The story begins over a thousand years ago, when a terrible sickness swept through the land. The plague caused great famine as all manner of life was brought low. It sawed through herds of cattle, fields of wheat, rivers of fish and entire forests, killing almost everything in it's path." Sketch turned his voice soft over the last bit to emphasize the drama.

"Eventually, even the great magics of the world could barely hold it back from effecting the great cities, and so a council was called for all of the wisest being in the world to come to a solution for the blight. Wisemen from the plains came, and clerics from the great temples answered the call...Witches from the swamps, and even the monsters sent their great warlocks to find a solution. For all of the wisdom that these folk possessed, none of them had the sense to agree on the best course of action, letting their differences drive them away from an answer." Sketch took another puff of the pipe to let the words sink in.

" Among the delegation, there was an elf boy who'd traveled to the conference with his father. Seeing the arguments as only a child could, he shook his head in frustration. In his dismay at seeing grown folk acting like children, he decided that perhaps it must be a child who acts like the adult. He wracked his head thinking of a solution of what could possibly be done to fix this problem. He remembered a story that he departed mother told him when he was with fever."

""Remember Amlen, if you are ever ill, there is one cure you can always seek. The fruit of the World Tree can cure all ills, so if you ever feel so badly that nothing can help you, I'll go and bring some back." She'd often come into his room carrying a piece of fruit for him when he was sick to make him feel better."

""We should look for the World Tree!" shouted Amlen, "Silence Boy!" shouted his father as he cuffed him on the ear."Don't interrupt your elders." as he went back arguing. Amlen, with tears in his eyes, slowly walked out of the meeting hall. He found a bench to sit on and he cried. Eventually he felt a hand on his shoulder, Amlen looked up and saw the eyes of a human girl. "You said we should look for the World Tree? My mother told me about it, it can fix anything.""

Sketch looked around for a brief moment, seeing that the crowd was enthralled.

""Where would we start?" asked Amlen, "My mother said that the fairies know where it is" the girl replied, "There's a fairy ring near by, we can ask them where it is." And so the two children walked off to find the ring of mushrooms that fairies are said to dwell near. When they found it, they laid milk and honey inside of it, and spun around three times. when they finished the last spin, they found a small winged creature inside the ring, sipping the milk and honey"

Sketch puffed once more on the pipe, allowing the scent of the tobacco to linger for a while before continuing on.

""Pretty children, I thank you for the gifts you've left me. I wish to give you something in return, if you'd wish it."said the little fairy with the voice like ringing bells. "Sweet fairy, we wish the fruit of the World Tree! We want to end this sickness that the plants and animals have so our parents will stop fighting like children."Rhyn responded."

""Fair child, this is no simple thing you ask of me, for as I can get you the fruit simply enough, only if it is planted can this darkness end." the cheerful voice replied. "Why is that so difficult?" asked Amlen."For the fruit can only sprout if a pact is made and honored upon it's planting." replied the fairy. "You two will have to promise to aid and protect one another, for the rest of your lives. If that oath is broken, the tree will wither and the magic will end, bringing this plague back across the world once more."

"The two children agreed to the oath, and the fairy bowed it's head and flew into the sky. The children waited until the sun was about to set, and as they began to despair that something had gone wrong, they heard the ringing voice of the fairy speak out, "I have brought the fruit for you, and remember what I've told you. For the rest of your lives, you must protect one another and give aid." and then the cheerful puck left. Amlen and Rhyn took the fruit, that was the color of pure gold, and planted it in the fairy ring. the two looked at each other and spoke the oath to each other. No sooner had the two finished the words, than a great silver tree sprouted from the ring."

"Pale light exuded from the tree, and all that the blight had caused to wither grew green and whole. The two children brought their parents to the tree, where they beheld the light, and saw that the children knew that it was story that was shared between the races that fixed the problem, as all of the adults could only see what drove them apart. "

"Amlen and Rhyn grew up, and honored that oath. going on many adventures and becoming great heroes. Upon their deaths, the two were buried beneath the tree, and to this day, it grows with bright light shining even in the middle of the night."

Sketch let the words drift, as the children were abuzz with excitement. He closed his eyes and puffed the pipe, and heard the clank of coins as audience clapped.

Truth be told, he didn't mind telling stories with happy endings, though he knew that deep down, things were much darker. He preferred to tell the stories that taught lessons, invoked fear, and appealed to the darker side of his personality. Stories were what he knew, who he was, and part of Sketch liked who he was.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas spotted a girl walking towards Nevin.

Ah that is a good sign. Elthas thought to himself as he waved back toward Nevin. There were folks of all sorts moving around the town of Stonevale. Some going to this or that shop, and some bringing the ore from the mines to the smith shop and many other activities of that nature. There was a pulse everywhere...a life. Elthas's sharp ears caught the story that the word-smith was speaking of. He stared at Sketch's general direction and nodded at the story teller. That story is about The Great Trees of my people... Elthas thought to himself. Elthas suddenly found himself thinking about his family back home.

The Great Tree was a fairly sized town of Forest Elves in Concordia Forest. Ruild. But most importantly, The Great Tree gave off a tremendous amount of life energy and was an gigantic old oak tree that was thousands of years, perhaps older...old. Elthas thought of home as he approached Nevin and the girl, and smiled.

At the same time he turned his attention towards Sketch.

The fellow seemed like a daft sort of guy, he sat on a box nearby. There was a small gathered group of towns folks near to his position. Elthas turned his attention back towards Nevin and the girl. The girl wore a pretty dressed that seemed to have been kept in rather great shape. The girl was very pretty upon closer inspection. Elthas smiled as he approached Nevin and the girl. "Nevin. Glad to see you're well today." The Forest Elf looked at Nevin and the girl and bowed gently towards them. It was a humble greeting, form a humble man. The Elf observed the book that Nevin held. "Did you get your shoppe set up my friend?" Elthas asked.

He then looked towards the girl that was standing near Nevin, also looking at the book. "I've not seen you around town before...are you a recent arrival?" Elthas smiled softly. He continued. "My name is Elthas, what is yours?" The Elf, still relatively young for his people, had a very friendly attitude about himself. He was fairly social and enjoyed helping folks that sincerely needed help. "But yes, excuse me a moment. I would like to talk to that fellow over there for a moment." Elthas said to Nevin and the girl. "I shall return shortly." Elthas tipped his fancy fedora hat in greeting and then moved off towards Skethc's position.

"That story...my people tell it still to this day. Amlen was one of my ancestors." Elthas explained proudly to Sketch and the gathered crowd. House Belthasar, House Bellaparte, and the other major houses of The Great Tree spawned from the union between The Great Heroes Amlen and Rhyn. "An alliance between Men and Elves were forged from that first union." Elthas said with a soft smile on his face. There were children of all sorts listening to Sketch speak. A few Elves were also in the crowd. Elthas looked at Sketch...there was a familiar something that Elthas couldn't quite place in the man's eyes.

Elthas nodded once more towards Sketch. "My Mother told me that story when I was very young. It is one of my favorites." Elthas took out a gold coin from his pouch and tossed it towards Sketch. "You are doing my people a great honour." He explained. "When you're done your work I'd like to speak to you at length later on today." With that, Elthas tipped his fedora hat in greetings once more towards Sketch. He walked back towards Nevin and the girl.

Once he reached Nevin, Elthas smiled again. "Nevin it has been some time since I saw you last...how are things?"

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin blinked several times, processing the fact that a fancily dressed woman had just come up to him at the table where he was sitting. A cream, or maybe egg-white, colored dress that had been in storage for some time was trailing along the ground behind her, while she had - Wait is that an ochre sash? Where on earth did she even find that? He shook his head and focused on her, wondering why she had stopped to come to talk to him. His head tilted to one side as he listened to her - there was something weird about her voice, though what it was he couldn't quite place - and shook his head.

"Ah, n-" His response to her initial question - that he hadn't been trying to wave her down, but rather he was waving at his friend that he had just seen - was interrupted by her sudden notice of his alchemical text. Again there was something strange about her voice. It wasn't quite right, not light enough to match her stature, but he'd seen enough people that he knew some had differing voices. No, he didn't know what was wrong but it was tickling at the back of his mind, an idea that something about her was not as it seemed. He glanced down at the book and nodded, slightly off-balance by her almost aggressive interest in what he was doing.

"This is an alchemic text book, and I, madam, am an Alchemist. My skills have not yet been turned towards an application of straight healing. This are recipes for potions, salves, and tonics to remedy physical maladies." Right. Now he was back on solid footing, talking about his skills and training. Firm once more, he looked up at the woman that had approached him, finally appraising her beyond her odd attire. And now he was processing that more than just her voice was off. Her face looked.... Nevin frowned. Her face looked almost too.. like a doll that had come to life, a mannequin with a mobile expression. But not quite - there was life to the expression, this was no crafted golem - a simple golem would not have been able to react to changes in its environment so rapidly, or been able to recognize that it had been waved at. No, whatever was this girl was - wait. Looking at that too perfect face, was it a girl? This wasn't like Elthas' 'beauty' - Elves all seemed to be too pretty. This was something else. And that hair was unnatural - a person so young wouldn't have that hair without albinism being an issue, and if this person was an albino, they'd have had pale skin - they had dark skin - and red eyes from blood vessels. Instead their eyes were a.., purple? And were those...?

"Why do you have runes on your eyes?" This was said under his breath as Nevin peered up at the standing girl - individual. The corset they were wearing was clearly designed with a mind to emphasize a bust line, and this person's chest was as flat as Nevin's own. A cross-dressing man? No, that wasn't right either, the voice was wrong for that. Before he could keep asking the person just what was going on - or just what they were - Elthas showed up. The social butterfly blew in like a hurricane, greeting them both and apparently not noticing that there was something wrong with the woman before him - and asked a question before running off, to talk to a man who was speaking a short distance away, to a group of kids. Nevin shook his head and started to focus back on the woman again, only to see from the corner of his eye when Elthas tossed a coin at the speaker and then flit back over.

Maybe social hummingbird was a more apt description for the overly active individual. He didn't even give anyone a chance to reply to him really before flitting to the next person that had caught his attention. Nevin shook his head with a slight smile - having some time apart from the Elf had given him a chance to process everything that had happened that day, and he no longer felt quite as suspicious about the other man. He shrugged slightly. "Things have been... well, for a given value of the term, Elthas. Managed to track down some strange acid-spewing lizard in the woods, not quite sure what I can use the parts for in my alchemy. And yes, to answer your question, I did get the shop set up - Herbal Magick, obviously closed as I am out here and having breakfast. Yourself?" He shot an apologetic look at the... strange... individual that had come up to him. He hadn't expected to have Elthas just throw himself about like a leaf on the window from one conversation to the next.

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    "Ah, an Alchemist, I see! That makes a lot of sense with the mathematical equations..."

Ezra gave a gentle turn of the lips, somewhat being mentally stimulated at the discussion of magic. They kept their eyes focused on Nevin as he spoke, analyzing his face as much as they could. Humans were always rather unique in appearance, yet always had a lot in common despite most humans denying it. But something seemed different about this man. His deep red hair wasn't exactly uncommon, but his eyes were so dark... almost entirely black in appearance. But as his eyes shifted towards the book, they saw it: a faint flash of a dark red. That's definitely different from most humans. And there was something more, something in his face that Ezra couldn't quite place, but before they could really ponder on what was bothering them, the man muttered something under their breath that sent a chill into the Homunculus.

"Why do you have runes on your eyes?"

'Wait, he can see them!?' The Homunculi was internally panicking, but before they could refute the man's question, another person had walked up to the two and began talking to the seated man. Apparently, the alchemist was named Nevin, and had recently opened up a shop for his wares. Ezra jumped when the man- no, an elf- asked if they were a recent arrival and introduced themselves as Elthas. He was polite in tone and appearance, giving off a rather gentlemanly vibe. They could only give a small smile in response, reaching for the side of the dress to give a one handed curtsy.

"Uhh... yes. I arrived only a few days prior. My name is Ezra." They responded, still keeping a side glance at Nevin while awkwardly smiling at the elf before them. As soon as the elf had appeared, he walked off, talking to a storyteller a bit away. The moment the elf was distracted speaking with the cloaked man, Ezra shot a small glance towards the alchemist and gave him a somewhat worried look. They weren't trying to panic, but his perception of the runes on the eyes were worrying. The Homunculus couldn't afford to be found by the wrong people who might want to figure out what their eyes could do. With a quiet tone, but loud enough for Nevin to hear, they could only ask, "If you could keep what you noticed to yourself, I would be very appreciative. I suppose it could be discussed later... b-but not here."

Once more, the elf blew in before Ezra could say anything more and continued the conversation where he had left off as if he hadn't been swept away in the first place. The alchemist began talking about his shop more, as well as his hunt in the forest. The Homunculi let out a small breath of relief but an idea popped into their head as the two men spoke. Perhaps a bribe of a good hunt might help keep the purple-eyed mage's secret? They shifted somewhat uncomfortably as they stood, quietly placing their arms behind their back and listening to the human and the elf speak.

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch walked over to the tables, clay pipe smoldering away in his shirt pocket. He enjoyed telling stories for people, and it was made even better when others enjoyed him telling them. He walked over to a food cart nearby and order a light lunch, paid the cart owner, and took a seat.

The tall lanky man looked around the street, it had a fantastic atmosphere, people enjoying themselves with bustling conversations and laughter. These were the types of places that Sketch loved to visit during the day, places that attracted the best qualities of life. As he looked around, he saw the black-leather clad elf who'd spoken to him before, sitting at a table with, from what he could guess, was a red-headed scholar of some fashion, and a girl who wore a dress the color of faded swan feathers.

The trio didn't seem deep in conversation, but even though the very kind elf had invited him to speak with him later, he didn't want to interrupt. Sketch simply waved at the gentlemen when he caught his eyes, and mused about how something about the trio seemed out of the ordinary. Something with the flavor of a heroic ballad maybe? No, no... an epic adventure. Yes, that felt right for this mood, Sketch had an excellent sense about these things.

Sketch hoped that what ever stories may unfold, he'd be around so he could tell them later.
    Last edited by The Crooked Knight; 10-10-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Leaf on the wind...that was an accurate statement of Elthas's life those days.

Elthas looked at Sketch once more and nodded to the man as he moved back towards Nevin and his friend. I assume they are friends...yes? Elthas thought to himself as he moved skillfully back. His boot falls barely missed a single step and it was almost as if he walked on air most of those times. It had to be those Thayne's damned shoes! Even standing still, Elthas's body was in a consistent state of motion. Possibly a side effect of his naturally enhanced speed. Elthas stood in front of Nevin and his freind for a long moment. He was already becoming impulsive and felt the urge to move again, but he was content for a time to speak with Nevin.

Elthas didn't get a chance to hear the daft conversation between Nevin and the girl. "That dress is one of Nan's isn't it?" Elthas politely asked the girl. Nan was once a famous Tailor there in Stonevale. But she'd grown weary of large crows and lived in solitude. Did Nan take on more help? Elthas was curious about that. Elthas knew virtually everybody in town at that point. Nan was not unknown to him. She'd taken in his Brother, Drathis for a time when he'd gotten severely injured during a hunt gone wrong. So Elthas's family had some ties to Nan. "It suits you well." Elthas had calmed down considerably while standing still and having a sense to be a little bit grounded in front of Nevin...mainly for Neivn's sake.

Elthas's mind tended to wander quickly from point A to Point X to the thirteenth power. It was largely how he operated, he rarely liked sitting still and few things legitimately held his attention. That was not his fault, but namely, a side effect of enhanced speed. Elthas was tapping his foot impatiently as he waited to see what Nevin and Ezra would do next. "Have you two had dinner yet?" Elthas suddenly asked with a raised eyebrow. The fedora hat he wore was tipped at a forty five degree angle casting a small shadow on his face. His features, though in a constant state of flux and movement, were handsome. His face was angular and proud. He had the genetic markings of his people, twin pointy ears that were irregularly long.

"The pub is typically buzzing at this time of the day. We should all go inside and have ourselves a nice and hot meal!" Elthas was insisting. "Dinner's on me." Elthas said with a soft smile towards Ezra and Nevin. Elthas stole a glance back towards the story teller, Sketch who was already telling another story. The same gathered crowd of interested listeners was present. Elthas always did like bard type folks, they were an interesting and often mysterious lot. Elthas picked up singing as a hobby a long time since. The bards of Elthas's people were quite skilled in baritone and soprano singing.

Many famous bards of the age were Elves. Elthas hoped to impress his friends with his singing that day. At that point, hurricane Elthas had had enough of waiting and attempted to impatiently tug Nevin off the bench and on his feet if his attempt succeeded. "Come on, come on come on!" Elthas grinned as he did that. He figured his friend would appreciate the warm action. He was chuckling the entire time he did that act. "Let's get going, the day is still young and Adventure awaits!" Elthas was already bounding towards the tavern quickly assuming Ezra and Nevin would follow...

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The soft, quickly spoken request, almost pleading, made Nevin shoot a quick look at the strange, disconcerting individual next to him. He hadn't been aware that he had spoken his thought aloud. A quick frown stole over his lips before he had nodded, he wasn't about to go telling someone else’s secret when he had his own that he kept close to his chest. Then Elthas had made it back, and Nevin's attention had returned to his…. Friend?

Was friend the word he'd use here. He was familiar with Elthas, enough to recognize the Elf on sight. And he was indebted to Elthas, if it hadn't been for him Nevin might never have made it out of the forest in one piece. There was also the introduction to the smith to consider - Nevin was sure that it was Elthas’ introduction that had made that whole situation go over so smoothly; even if he was running into some troubles that the journeyman he was studying under couldn't figure out.

All things considered, friend was the closest thing he had to a term for Elthas, yes. Even if the man’s ability and habit to flick between multiple conversations in a relatively fast tempo irritated the more sedate Alchemist. He could tell, at times, that Elthas seemed to be visibly restraining himself - it was shown in the way he slowed down, but at the same time he developed apparently unconscious habits, random body parts twitching and bouncing, until the Elf sped up once more, which eliminated the twitches. It was a kind gesture, perhaps trying to account for the fact that not everyone had his social graces?

His question made Nevin look down at the crumbs that were on the tray on the table, then back up at him, one corner of the alchemist’s lips quirkiness upwards in amusement. He was, as Nevin was becoming quite familiar with, an entirely energetic person who rarely seemed to care about whether or not he knew a person before inviting them along to do something. At least, Nevin didn't think he knew the…. girl….? that had come up to Nevin.

The Alchemist opened his mouth to respond - and Elthas was already gone, bouncing off with vim and vigor in his stride, a happy call echoing over his shoulder as he charged off. Nevin rubbed one temple with a snort and shook his head before standing up, stretching out his shoulders and back. He scooped the book off of the table, closing it with a hearty thud, and looked towards the too right person who was standing beside him, looking fairly nervous - at least that's how Nevin figured they felt, from the stiff posture they had taken up.

“He means well. My name is Nevin, his is Elthas. I know we spouted off with each other’s names, but a proper introduction is appreciated nevertheless by most. A pleasure to meet you, ah.. Miss? Ezra. You should come along and join us - he is likely to come back out looking for you if you don't show up quickly enough.” He shot a quick glance around to make sure that no one was too close - the storyteller did seem interested in the trio after all - then leaned over to whisper into Ezra’s ear.

“And I won't tell anyone of the runes. Discuss them, or not, at your own leisure.” As much as he had enjoyed talking with Avis - and indeed looked forward to seeing her again - he would rather not put anyone on the spot like he had been. He nodded to the… To Ezra, and then started following at a more sedate pace after the bouncy Elf - bowing slightly to the storyteller as he went. While walking he did start thinking about the runes that the.... That Ezra, had in Ezra's eyes. He had not recognized them at first, so he would need to mentally catalogue them so he could try to look them up later. While he wouldn't force the girl - Ezra, he still wasn't sure if Ezra was a girl crimson take it - to talk to him, he could do his own research.