Zeph

Race:
    Human

Height:
    6’0”

Weight:

No-good lazybones wanderer

Personality:
    Curious, impulsive, quiet, prone to drink, procrastinates, loyal, nosy but respects differences: he just wants to know everything.

History:
    Zeph is the oldest of two brothers, and unlike many adventurers, both parents are alive and well. His father is an officer of the watch, and his mother is a healer. His brother is a builder, apprenticed to the masons guild, and he shows much promise in being a great engineer some day. He's never found his path. He enjoys the thrill of new things, and chooses adventure over stability. He told his parents he was going to the isle to study as an herbalist, and it wasn't a complete lie, he searches out anyone who can teach him of magic and the arcane anywhere he can.

Appearance:
    Fair complexion, dark hair with brown eyes

Skills:
    Sneaking - a life of being too curious for his own good has allowed Zeph to learn important lessons in the art of being undetected

Marksmanship - having to hunt down small game while traveling has provided some experience with a bow and arrow

Grappling - growing up the older of two brothers, wrestling was a way of life. While he’d fail in the face of a well-trained opponent, he can handle himself in a tavern brawl.

Tracking - If you can’t follow the signs of game in the forest, you go hungry. Zeph has spent enough hungry nights that he learned to pick out the basic signs of someone or something else passing along a trail.

Herblore - Zeph’s mom was a healer, and he helped as a child to gather herbs to create cures and remedies. He knows the basics about the power of herbal remedies, and

Abilities:
    Camouflage - by spending a few minutes, Zeph can create a passable camouflage that helps him avoid detection when he otherwise might be seen. It has no effect outside of the environment where it was made. Camouflage lasts for 5 posts before degrading to a point where it is no longer useful.

Pocket Sand! - Zeph attempts to blind his opponent temporarily with a handful of pocket sand to their seeing appendage(s). Zeph can only hold enough pocket sand to attempt this 3 times before having to restock.

Rope Dart - Tying rope around the end of an arrow, Zeph attempts to pierce the enemy and reel them in. May only be used once per day, since the rope is expended in the attempt.

Equipment/Weapons:
    yew long bow
    Quiver of arrows
    Iron hunting knife

Leather body armor
    Leather vambraces

Folding grappling hook
    Backpack
    100 feet of rope
    Adventurer's clothes
    Waterskin
    Rations
    Bag of sand
    2 6-sided dice

Last edited by ZephSorensson; 10-10-2017 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Edits to skills, mostly in terms of active time and uses/day

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hi, I hope you are well.

Can I just please ask how long chamoflage lasts for please.

I also need to ask about sneaking - can it be used in combat at all or as a way of getting behind enemies? If so it would need to go as an ability, where it would just need a time limit (say, 4 posts) and an effect (silence and undectable, for instance).

I'm really sorry to say this but I have noticed that you have posted in a couple of threads. An approved character is required before you join any quests or battles (combat/the citadel). I will try to approve you as soon as I can, but please do not post in any more story threads. Feel free to join the community and post in the chat threads though!

Here is the Realm of Greeting starter guide: http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...-Guide-and-FAQ

Phi.
    Last edited by Stare; 10-08-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

GP

Name
    Zeph Sorensson
    Race
    Human
    Yeah, certainly. I understand

I believe that camouflage would last until Zeph exited the area that the camouflage was made in. Perhaps it can degrade under attack, or if some extenuating circumstance (rain, quick movement) to erode/degrade away. So I suppose it's an active skill that provides a passive skill?

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Sorry I originally wrote this in one of my alt characters.

Hi this is Phi the moderator, not Stare the other Phi.

Usually for abilities we give them a time/post limit, for instance 3 posts or so. Considering the fact it is just a disguise and has no direct combat/fighting abilities that is fine. With the elements you gave me of the degredation I can work with that.

How about sneaking? You have a lot of space to work with for abilities so we can make sneaking something you can use as a sort of power to get away from danger if we put it into abilities.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    I noticed also that you submitted this thread for judgement. Don't worry, you only need to submit threads for judgement when you have finished writing the complete story with someone. If a story says "open" it's okay to go ahead and jump right on in. You can also do solos. Anything written in the World of Althanas sub-forum, in Stonevale or Keribas and Melnach would usually be the only ones sent to as a judgement.

GP

Name
    Zeph Sorensson
    Race
    Human
    Ok, so for degredation on camoflauge let's say 5 posts (turns===posts)?

As for a sneaking ability, maybe an "improvisation" which allows you to try to convince your way past anyone attempting to block your path? Kinda like a special charisma check?

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Five posts sounds fine! And the sneaking sounds perfect. We just need to really put an amount limit on it, so how many times you could use it in a fight. Four or five should be fine

After that, if you could just edit these changes into your first post. Then I can approve you today!

As a note you will also get 200 gold and 5 AP as a starter member.
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-08-2017 at 06:52 PM.

GP

Name
    Zeph Sorensson
    Race
    Human
    Alright, I have those changes posted up in the initial comment, let me know what you think!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    You are approved.

200 GP and 5 AP as starting awarded also.