Nevin could feel his eyebrow starting to twitch as he switched his gaze back and forth between the two feline-humanoids. He felt that if he looked away from either of these two for too long things would begin breaking, rapidly - though at least the child, Mylie, was polite and complimentary towards his skills. Maybe if this alchemy thing or the blood magic bombed he could take up a profession as a confectioneer and make his way like that. For now though, he had to try to corral the two girls; one who was hopped up on slowly rising levels of sugar, the other currently bouncing around because of catnip. Nevin knew it was only a matter of time before a crash happened for one, or both, of the felinoids, and he was actually starting to get concerned about it happening while they were around copious amounts of glass bottles and clay jugs.

The woman dodged him again, her white tail bobbing just between his hands to avoid the grab, and the alchemist felt like she was actively teasing him, trying to get him to grab her. As her tail darted away from him, it clipped another bottle on the countertop. The bottle spun around wildly for a moment before tipping onto its side, filling the shop with the warm smell of honey and chamomile as a thick syrup oozed out of the now open bottle. Nevin groaned inwardly - it would be a pain to clean up the colick medicine from the counter, he'd have to scrub at the wood with sandpaper to get it all out. Then the woman grinned mischievously at him and started accusing him of being nervous while placing a palm against the display case where the vitality potions were. He drew himself upright, trying to regain some measure of his dignity as an Alchemist.

"Madam. I am nervous because there is a strange woman behind my counter and now some of my customers think you're my wife! I don't even know your name please get back on the other side madam." Damnnation she was NOT letting the healing potions go. Thank goodness that the daughter came up and asked about another vial - barely able to heft it up onto the counter top, and he quite studiously turned his gaze away from the mother, to the daughter - hoping that being ignored would frustrate her into giving up. He doubted it though, even as he did it.

"Sweetie, that's a medicine for when people's tummies aren't feeling good. I make it smell and look good so people don't get angry about having to drink it all - I never liked it when my mama made me drink yucky medicine, so I decided mine would taste good whenever I could manage it." There had to be some kind of convention on warfare that prevented cuteness of this level - he felt that Mylie could practically weaponize being adorable. He could feel the woman's silver eyes on the back of his head, begging for answers - and he was very, very glad that he had the daughter to act as a shield in this situation, giving him someone he could safely focus on.