Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin could feel his eyebrow starting to twitch as he switched his gaze back and forth between the two feline-humanoids. He felt that if he looked away from either of these two for too long things would begin breaking, rapidly - though at least the child, Mylie, was polite and complimentary towards his skills. Maybe if this alchemy thing or the blood magic bombed he could take up a profession as a confectioneer and make his way like that. For now though, he had to try to corral the two girls; one who was hopped up on slowly rising levels of sugar, the other currently bouncing around because of catnip. Nevin knew it was only a matter of time before a crash happened for one, or both, of the felinoids, and he was actually starting to get concerned about it happening while they were around copious amounts of glass bottles and clay jugs.

The woman dodged him again, her white tail bobbing just between his hands to avoid the grab, and the alchemist felt like she was actively teasing him, trying to get him to grab her. As her tail darted away from him, it clipped another bottle on the countertop. The bottle spun around wildly for a moment before tipping onto its side, filling the shop with the warm smell of honey and chamomile as a thick syrup oozed out of the now open bottle. Nevin groaned inwardly - it would be a pain to clean up the colick medicine from the counter, he'd have to scrub at the wood with sandpaper to get it all out. Then the woman grinned mischievously at him and started accusing him of being nervous while placing a palm against the display case where the vitality potions were. He drew himself upright, trying to regain some measure of his dignity as an Alchemist.

"Madam. I am nervous because there is a strange woman behind my counter and now some of my customers think you're my wife! I don't even know your name please get back on the other side madam." Damnnation she was NOT letting the healing potions go. Thank goodness that the daughter came up and asked about another vial - barely able to heft it up onto the counter top, and he quite studiously turned his gaze away from the mother, to the daughter - hoping that being ignored would frustrate her into giving up. He doubted it though, even as he did it.

"Sweetie, that's a medicine for when people's tummies aren't feeling good. I make it smell and look good so people don't get angry about having to drink it all - I never liked it when my mama made me drink yucky medicine, so I decided mine would taste good whenever I could manage it." There had to be some kind of convention on warfare that prevented cuteness of this level - he felt that Mylie could practically weaponize being adorable. He could feel the woman's silver eyes on the back of his head, begging for answers - and he was very, very glad that he had the daughter to act as a shield in this situation, giving him someone he could safely focus on.

EXP: 28,286, Level: 7
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next Level: 6,714
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,714

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Mylie giggled cutely after the shop-keep's explanation about the pretty-smelling pink potions. Her chocolate brown eyes were big as she said giddily, the sugar rush evident in her voice " A medicine for upset tummies mister? Interesting!" her little tail wagged like a rocket as she continued chirping happily "It's pretty and smells good! Your very good at making potions mister!" her shiny brown orbs then darted to the sweet treats just within a arm's grab reach. She could already feel her tongue all tingly and numb, but her body was aching more sugar. It had been a long time since the kitten's mother had allowed her to indulge in such a delectable goody. Her little ears twitched as she asked sweetly, her hue's just drowning the shop-keeper with a gaze of cuteness, "Can I have one more candy? Strawberry this time? My mouth is numb but the sweetness tastes sooooo good!" She then put her little paw on the tummy-ache potion and whined at her mother " I also want this potion mommy! In case my stomach gets upset!"

Rainee meowed loudly, her own white tail twitching rapidly as the scent of honey-chamomile filled the air. It mixed together with the strong scent of blood the anthro was smelling from behind the locked cabinet. Her silver eyes widened warmly before a light laugh escaped from her lips. Holding out her arm, mirth was in the cat-mother's silver hues as she said with a soft purr note in her voice "My name is Rainee sir." her hues examined the shop more before another giggle escaped and she whispers "I'll pay for any damage to your potions, and what would your name be kind sir?" To her daughter she softly stated "We'll add that potion, to the list I'm buying OK sweetie?"

Mylie let out a meow of happiness, as she left the too large potion bottle by the cash register, the kitten herself nimbly climbed over the counter and went to hug her mother about the waist, for everything she was letting the little nekojin purchase.

There was a warmth inside Rain's chest, a comforting feeling that she had not felt in a long time. Even though she was causing mayhem to this poor shop-keep's store, she didn't feel TOO guilty about it. She knew she had more then enough coin to pay for any broken bottles or containers. With this thought in mind, her voice was soft, almost like wine pouring into a clean glass as she once more asked softly "Now that you know me, can't you tell innocent little old me why your potions smell so funny? Remember sir," she moved closer, dragging her daughter with her gently as she continued her voice soft like honey "I'm a healer too, I know a bit about potion making and I know mammalian parts, especially blood or only used in certain herbal remedies. These" her soft hands pointed at the clear glass, the glistening crimson mixtures glowing almost in the light of the shop. her honey voice finished up "Smell stronger then they should, so I know there is something more to them! Can you please inform me what secret these potions hide?"

Mylie let go of her mother, her chocolate eyes big and bright as she meowed at the shop-keep "You know mister! My mother won't give up once she's curious about something! You should answer her or else she WILL keep bugging you!"

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Another chime, and some old ladies giggling before another chime rapidly followed, and as Nevin stared at the two feline females staring at him with cute or distracting eyes, and the alchemist knew that the rumors would never stop. He lifted one hand and rubbed his temples, a deep breath inflating and deflating his lungs as he sighed. Cobalt, he hadn't expected a non-human with enhanced senses to come in - Stare hadn't had enhanced olfactory abilities so he hadn't accounted for it. Add on to that the fact that she was a healer herself?

Nevin sighed again and opened the bar that separated the back of his counter from the rest of the shop - at least for normal people - and walked to the front door. The sign was flipped to closed and the door locked, no need to have more people coming in on the three of them. That done, he walked back over to the counter, picking up one of the strawberry candies from the tray. His feet carried b him back behind the wooden barrier, and he pulled a key from the pocket on his tunic and unlocked the cabinet that the glass vials were in.

One was removed from the shelf and the cabinet was locked back up, and Nevin turned to the two cat girls, his face now strangely blank as he tossed the sugary treat to Mylo. After she had caught it, he looked to Rainee and held up the vial, wiggling it slightly. "At your insistence, I shall tell you. However, the child must not hear - it is information not suited to a young one." Even if he had technically been young when he was first exposed to it, he was not about to subject another to it. That said, he gestured to the back room of the shop, through the open door could be seen a small kitchen and table, and a writing desk pushed up against one wall.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Mylie's chocolate brown eyes grew larger, to the size of saucers upon hearing the information was not meant to be heard by her young ears. Nibbling on the delicious sugary strawberry confection, a sigh of happiness escaped from her lips. She then bounded up to the young shop-keep and said in a soft meow "But mister! I WANT to kn..." a yawn interrupted her hyper question. As she stretched her eyelids feeling heavy, as another little meow escaped. Turning to look at her mother with now droopy chocolate brown hues, another yawn escapes as her little body wobbles as she reaches for her mother.

Her sugar-high had finally reached the level the little kitten's body could handle, and now she was crashing. Her steps were shaky as she whimpered and mewed out "Mommy I don't feel good, my body feels sleepy and my energy went bye-bye!"

Rainee sighs, a little giggle escaping from her own lips as she was still running on the pleasure she felt from her cat-nip potion treat. Turning to scoop her daughter up. She hugged her precious angel to her as she whispers soothingly "Just sleep sweetie. Mommy is right here, if the shop-keeper says he's secret isn't for your ears, then its time for you to take a nap!"

Mylie snuggled into her mother's warmth, a pout was on her lips though as she whined with her last bit of energy "BUT MOOMMMY! I WANT TO KNOW!" her body gave up its fight with staying awake though, as the little neko-jin was soon snoring away in her mother's arms. Her little fingers were curled around her mother's wrists, as her little tail was tucked against Rainee's tummy, she was quite the adorable sight to behold.

Hefting her daughter's weight up a little higher, the cat-mother carefully made her way into the back room's of the shop-keeper's shop. Her silver orbs examined the shop-keeper's small but cozy living space. Padding her way to the simple oak table, her tail brushed against the well-worn wood. Carefully adjusting her little girl's weight, she gingerly sat down in one of the padded chairs. A sigh of relief came from her soft lips as the chair did not buckle under the combined weight of the mother-daughter pair. Now that she was settled, she quickly looked over the rest of the room, seeing the writing desk crammed full with pen and papers, she was sure this was where he did his writing for the potion mixtures he created.

A smile came to the nekojin's lips, as a slight purr could be heard in her voice as she commented "Your living quarters are very cozy sir. Now before you tell me your dark tale, may I ask your name please?" her soft white tail curled around her waist as she snuggled with her daughter deeper into the warmth of the chair as she finished 'What my little one said to you earlier is true. I wouldn't have stopped bugging you until you answered my curiosity about that crimson potion. Its my natural nature to not give up until I know the answers I seek!"

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin had watched quietly as the girl, Mylie, complained to her mother about wanting to know what he was going to say - but he would be resolute on that point, the child would not be exposed to what he was going to say if he had any choice in the matter. Adults tended to react negatively enough as it was, he didn't want to see a child being afraid of him. Thankfully though it proved not to be an issue - the small cat-girl fell asleep, tucking herself up in her mother's arms like a small kitten falling asleep on its side.

Once the girl was asleep Rainee carried her into the back of the shop and sat down carefully at the kitchen table, looking very much like a mother sitting down at her own dinner table after a long day. Nevin raised an eyebrow at the turn his own mind had taken before shaking it off and walking over to his cupboard and pulling out a pair of glasses. He filled one with alcohol - briefly wondering if he was in danger if becoming an alcoholic - and looked over his shoulder at the two. He shrugged and opened his ice box, pulling a bottle of juice and one of milk out from inside. He set the three bottles on the table and the empty glass in front of the mother, and sat down holding the glass of potent grain alcohol in one hand.

"My name, Madam Rainee, is Nevin. Would you care for a drink?" He gestured to the three bottles. His own preference was clear as he slowly drained the cup of alcohol and poured himself another, showing no signs or reaction to the liquid. "And as for why I fought not to tell you, it's simple. Where I grew up, the talent used in making these potions would have seen me at the very least out cast, if not hunted down." As he said this, the alchemist began to idly spin the vial of crimson fluid on the table between them, making the contents swirl I'm strange patterns.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    An eyebrow arched high on the nekojin's heart-shaped face. Her lips curved into an amused smile as she saw him get out choice drinks for her to choose. A laugh couldn't help but escape her lips as she saw the available drinks to choose from. Looking at the clear white liquid, she could smell it was fresh, her giggle grew louder as she couldn't help but ask softly "Milk Nevin? Really? I know i'm part-cat but that is an obvious choice for me to drink! However, I haven't made my choice yet!" Her eyes then fell on the sparkling clear purple liquid shimmering in its glass bottle.

Her nose twitched cutely as the scent of fresh grapes reached her nostrils. Her ears twitched ever so slightly as the juice smelled extremely fresh to her keen sense of smell. She looked at Nevin another question escaped her lips before she could stop it as she asked interestingly "Did you make this juice yourself?" a little smile came to her soft lips as she finished "I"m asking because it smells so fresh!" she then paused to nuzzle her little angel, a warm mothering look come into her eyes as she shifted her little girl so that she was resting more comfortably with her little head against Rain's shoulder. Stroking her daughter's hair, Rain's silver eyes fell on the strong smell of alcohol permeating from the bottle Nevin was gripping himself.

Shaking her head, but offering Nevin a small smile she explained "Much as I love an occasional drink, now is not the right time for me to indulge Nevin. I want to be alert when you tell me your tale, and..." her silver orbs went warmly to her little angel as she finished up "I need to keenly ready for my little one when she wakes up from her sugar crash. She won't be happy she missed out on your story and i know she'll pepper me with questions about your mystery potions! So I need my energy to ward her off!" Kissing the top of her slumbering kitten's head, the anthro then shifted more comfortably in her chair, so that her and her little girl's weight was better situated.

Looking at the milk and the fresh-smelling juice, the cat-mother giggled again as she exclaimed "It'd be too stereotypical for me to ask you to serve me the milk! So i'll take the juice instead!" her silver hues then skimmed over Nevin's living space, as she complimented him softly by saying "You have a very cozy little home Nevin! Plus your potions shop is so clean, you aim to please your customer's don't you?" her hand then skimmed over the oak wood of the kitchen table, her digits not picking up one speck of dust! A meow escaped her lips as she made one last comment "Let me ask also, you love to keep both your shop and your home clean don't you?" she showed him her clean finger, not a trace of dirt on it as she pursed her lips and murmurs "Sorry for prying so much, its just well..." she looked down as she said softly "Never-mind, just tell me your tale please! Its why I made such a fuss in the first place!"

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin honestly hadn't been thinking about her feline nature when he pulled out the milk and the juice to offer her - his mind had already been off on what he was going to be talking with her about, and so he had just grabbed what he had in his ice box at the time. Still, she didn't seem upset that he had set some of the dairy product down on the table, just amused, so he wasn't going to panic about putting it away. He was running an index finger along the rim of his glass in thought when she asked if he had juiced it himself, and he nodded.

"Yes, I juiced the grapes. I originally intended to use them in the making of candies much like what your daughter sampled earlier, but in the end I decided to start the experiment with just the three flavors, and see if the children of the village would be buying them. Perhaps in time I will expand to other varieties." One gloved hand reached out and picked up the bottle of juice, and he poured a measure into a glass and pushed it over to her. Even if she herself wasn't going to drink alcohol, she would soon start feeling the aftereffects of the catnip she'd taken earlier, and having a cold drink would help perk her up. He thought she might regret not drinking some of the alcohol by the time he had finished - but then again, he had been blindsided the last time he laid out his bloody history.

His dark eyes flicked down to the child currently nestled in her mother's arms, curled up and slumbering away peacefully. It was a peaceful sight, and Nevin was glad that the girl wouldn't hear this. He shook his head slowly. "i would advise again not to let her know. It's not a pleasant tale, and while I am no parent so I cannot tell you what she is ready for, I would prefer no child ever have to hear what happened. It's.... well." But then she gave him an out, asking about his shop and his living quarters. He looked around, and one side of his mouth quirked upwards.

"You're not wrong. Tidying up and cleaning up soothes me after I've been working on potions and the like, so I tend to keep the place quite clean. It's no imposition to ask - most people don't think about the fact that an Alchemist's shop should, at least in my opinion, be kept clean at all times. Too many things we work with can have adverse reactions with each other, so if one was to leave spilled potions staining the floor, at some point you would end up poisoning not only yourself but everyone who even came into the same building. Far too much hassle - just keep the place clean ahead of time and keep after it. Ah. My apologies." Nevin grimaced, realizing he'd gone on a bit of a rant there. It was one of the odder topics for him to go off about, usually that was strictly about chemical reactions but... well, in a way, this was still about reactions.

But, he couldn't keep putting off her explanation forever. At some point little Mylie would awaken again, and then he would be clamming up, refusing to answer, which would likely cause the woman to come back to his shop alone later - which would just make the rumors about her being his wife worse, he just knew it. So, explain now, and if she wanted to come back that wouldn't be hanging over her head. That decided, Nevin pulled his gloves off of his hands, setting the black leather gloves down on the table beside his glass. The warm candlelight danced across his skin as Nevin flexed his fingers a few times.

They were pale, dreadfully so. It was clear that his hands rarely saw the light of day - but despite that, they looked healthy enough. No, the real problem would be the vibrant crimson lines that snaked across his skin, an intricate network of 'blood' that pulsed with an inner glow. The lines followed, as Rainee would figure out as a healer, the lines of the veins and arteries beneath his skin, but even then there were nearly three times the amount that should be there if they were just mimicking his blood carrying pathways. The man turned his hands over, showing that the lines ran along both sides of his arm. Crimson trails snaked up beneath the arm of his shirt, disappearing from sight. He smiled - but there was no joy in the expression.

"These are the remnants of a village cult, a cult that was a village, I don't know even now how to describe it. The entire village, from the elders to the...child... were a part of the cult, a cult that worshiped blood. I survived what they tried to do, but it changed me. I had a talent for magic naturally, not that I would have ever known that back home, but that talent was.... expanded, changed in direction. In short, Miss Rainee, I am a blood mage." And he picked up the bottle of alcohol, drinking directly from it. He didn't think he could stand to see her reaction. And he was not about to tell her the full tale - no need to burden the poor woman with the history of his mutilated soul.
    Last edited by Nevin; 10-20-2017 at 09:09 PM.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    "That's a good view to have Nevin." Rainee responded softly to Nevin's explanation about why he kept his living space and shop so tidy. Her slim fingers traced the rim of her glass of freshly made juice. She for a brief moment was lost in thought about a time when she had gone to a mad scientist's shop with another anthro friend and her fur had temporarily turned blue because of unkempt nature of his shop. It hadn't helped the cat-mother much that the scientist who had hired the pair of girls was a pervert, a lech who had angered Rainee to the point where she had punched him square in the gut sending him flying into his potions. Potions that in essence had spilled quite messily all over the floor. Turning her fur blue as a bright sapphire.

A little smile graced the nekojin's heart-shaped face as she explained softly "I want to tell you a story, a few years back, when my daughter and I visited the region of Alerar, with a young anthro named Jineh, we saw an add to work in a scientist's shop, to help him with his experiments. I thought it'd be a good way to earn some money and my companion was interested because she liked to tinker and make machines and contraptions. But..." Rain pursed her lips as she concluded her story saying saying softly "The whole thing turned into a fiasco, my fur turned blue, I was annoyed because of the scientist being a lech, the experiment was finished despite all the problems, but I learned a valuable lesson.... never trust a scientist that greets you with a smirk on their face and, roaming eyes." her ears twitched as the last words of her story left her mouth.

She then took a small sip of her juice, beginning to feel the hyper excitement of the cat-nip potion leaving her system. Her silver eyes lost some of their glimmer, as a small yawn escaped from her lips, covering it with her hand she meowed out "Excuse me, I think some of the energy I got from the potion I treated myself to is wearing off..." her nose then crinkled as she begin to smell the strong scent of blood again, she still felt tired, but her curiosity about Nevin's condition perked her up slightly.

Readjusting her daughter's weight so that she could learn forward, her silver hues roamed over the crimson lines crisscrossing their way through Nevin's arm. Following the pattern and absorbing his story intently. Rainee let out a gasp of shock as she fell back against the padded chair. Her lips were formed in an O as she exclaimed lightly "I can see why you did not want my daughter to hear your tale. It sounds horrible what the cult used you for, they created you to be a construct for evil correct?" the anthro begin to stroke her daughter's hair comfortingly to help keep her angel asleep as she begin to talk softly "I"m asking because it sound terrible to be raised to only be an outlet for an evil being. To have a soul but to not be loved or cared for by the parents that raised you...." biting her lip, Rain's hand slowed moving through her daughter's thick tresses of hair, pausing Rain sighs as she murmurs "I'm not shocked or horrified by your story, because I know evil exists in this world! HELL, I'VE LIVED THROUGH EVIL! WAS MARRIED TO A BASTARD WHO DRAGGED ME TO HELL!" anger was in the cat-girl's silver orbs before she yelped, throughly embarrassed now as she muttered softly "excuse my outburst...please, continue with your story Nevin...."

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Blue fur - depending on the hue at least - would be an interesting sight on the woman in front of him, and Nevin could see why, even from his casual observation, a lewd man would find it hard to keep his eyes to himself. However, as a practitioner of Alchemy and a proprietor of a store, he could not stand the thought of someone doing that to a guest or an employee. It grated against his sensibilities a fair amount, and he forced himself to stay silent as she finished reminiscing.

As she finished speaking about that, Nevin watched as she seemed to droop all over - her ears relaxed a bit, her tail ceased to flick about with the same frantic motions, and her eyes stopped sparkling the same way as she yawned. The alchemist nodded as she explained that the dosage was running its course - probably a good idea that she had chosen the juice, the alcohol might have made her fall asleep as well.

It was after he had spoken that fire returned to her eyes - but different from the sparkling happiness that had been there before. Her guess was scarily on point it what he believe the cult had been working towards - a construct meant for something. He still did not know what that was, but even then... Nevin's head drew back and his eyebrows raised as the smaller woman spat out angrily, fire and venom in her words as she referred to her husband - in the past tense, Nevin noticed.

She didn't say what the man had done - for all he knew, the feline female was being quite literal, he had heard of stranger. But the absolute fury and hatred in her words were unmistakable, that much was certain. Nevin nodded once, slowly. If she had not already rejected his offer of alcohol, he would have given her some of the spirits in the bottle. As it was, he pushed her glass of juice closer to her slightly before continuing.

"Not much else to say, really. The cult performed ritual sacrifices, and in one of them they made me. Then they tried something else, a massive ritual,
    but I sabotaged it. The village was, from what I can tell, wiped out after that failure, and I've been wandering ever since. Settled down here, and have been keeping my abilities quiet for the most part. You're the second to find all this out."
    And perhaps because she hadn't seen his soul, Nevin felt less... Raw afterwards. He certainly hadn't partaken of nearly as much alcohol.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Rainee could feel it, the anger, the raw hatred for Kedx coursing through her veins. As she felt the cold rim of her glass of juice being nudged into her hand. She let out a sigh, her hands tensing against the coolness of the glass. Lifting it up to her lips, she took a long, soothing sip. Placing it back on the table with a gentle clink. Her thoughts then drifted back to the reason why her venom was so intense. I never realized why my trust in people lessened...it was because I pushed the red flags I saw away. I believed Kedx still loved me, that he wouldn't abandoned Mylie and I to a fate of being alone, but no! He was nothing but a selfish, worthless prick! Only interested in the power that he could gain,so willing to toss me aside, to drain my life to gain true power! UGH! her tail twitched back and forth rapidly, as due to her nerves she once more snuggled her sleepy kitten closer to her. Comforted by the warmth, she giggled slightly as her little angel gripped her shirt tighter as her slumber continued.

A little meow of surprised escaped the cat-mother's lips, as she heard her little sweetheart mumble sleepily "I want another cookie mommy! Please? I've been a good girl and I haven't caused any trouble! the little cat's voice was heavy still with sleep as she was obviously shouting about something she wanted from a dream she was currently having. Her little fingers flexed instinctively against Rainee's shirt almost as she was trying to be adorable in her slumber to convince her mother to get her the sweet treat the little one was craving.

The nekojin shook her head, the smile leaving her lips. Ruffling her sleeping baby's hair one last time. The anthro looked at Nevin softly, her mouth curved slightly as she mutters "Your a very patient man, to listen to my outburst, and not get shocked by it. Let me just explain it to you simply, the man I thought loved me turned out to be a monster, he just used me and never truly cared for me! I had to learn that the hard way, because I still held hope that he'd return for Mylie and I, but instead..." she felt silent as she couldn't bring herself to explain the rest. Using the silence for a moment to down the rest of her juice, she let out a loud meow as she placed the empty glass on the table. Her silver eyes then fell on Nevin's cup of alcohol, she then groaned as she murmurs "It sounds like we've both had terrible paths, you with your insane cult! Me with my horrible ex-husband, and..." her eyes lowered even more as she continued "My childhood isn't much better either Nevin. My birth parents were killed when I was still and infant, then when I was a teenager my adopted family was slaughtered before my eyes by terrible bandits! So I'd say we have both had rough lives, yet...we survived! That shows we both have a great deal of inner strength to make it through rough times."

She then nudged her empty juice glass towards Nevin, nodding her head slightly as she finished up 'Plus you disrupted the cult's awful ritual and probably saved a lot of innocent lives in the process! I'd say that calls for a toast and juice won't cut it! Plus, I feel like I need it, it has been awhile since I found someone I could talk to. Plus, you didn't put up with my crazy antics and not throw me and my daughter out!" a wry smile graced her soft lips as she grinned and said softly "Any normal man would have thrown the crazy cat-girl out for causing such a huge ruckus in their shop!"