Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod

The Succubus' Severed Soul (Mature)

Hot Fallieni sun stretched the shadows long as afternoon bled into evening. The mismatched wood-and-stone buildings of the Outlander’s Quarter crouched amidst the array of tents that served as both homes and shops. The scent of sweat and fear dripped off most of the people, whether native or not. The Fallieni folk who lived in the Quarter feared for their lives among outlanders, and the outlanders feared for their lives among the Fallieni.

Joshua “Breaker” Cronen feared no one as he strode confidently through the crowd. He wore only white denim pants and a red cloth belt, knotted at his waist after the fashion of Akashiman martial arts. His tanned skin stretched taught over sleek muscles, scarred somehow elegantly on his back, chest and arms. The dry breeze disturbed his close-cropped brown hair, and swirled a choking cloud of dust up around his youthful, yet somehow wizened features. His black boots crunched over the hard-packed sand street.

Beneath his right arm he carried a bundle wrapped in the hide of a Karuku-tal. The greatcat had attacked him one moonless night while he moved through the dunes, and now its skin served as concealment for the demigod’s possessions. He had looked wide and far for some of the ingredients he needed for the spell, and spent a significant amount of time gathering information on local portal-makers.

The prizefighter shifted the parcel to his other arm and rolled his shoulder. He wondered how the quest he intended to embark upon might influence his relationship with Suravani. The Mistress of the Moon had bade him win many fights in the pits and rings across Fallien, and that path had brought him to Leila Saharia.

The succubus had bedded Breaker one night, and told him an enthralling story; of a demon king and a severed soul. Intrigued and enticed, Josh had offered to help her journey to Haide and reconstruct her ethereal self. He had everything he would need in his catskin bundle. Or so he hoped.

His path took him to the inn where he and Leila had spent the night together, up the familiar stone steps, and through the door into the room where she’d promised to wait for him.

She lay on her side on the bed, dark skin on display. Her lithe naked body invited him, but one shocking thing about her stood out above all else.

“There you are,” she said gently, “I was waiting for the moon to come out so I might bathe my skin in its glow.” She gestured at the retractable canopy that made up the roof.

Breaker set his bundle down carefully and stared. It had been but a month since he last saw her, a single turn of the moon. Her stomach had been smooth and slender then.

Now it displayed a small bump, like the belly of a woman three months with child.

EXP: 1,450, Level: 1
    Level completed: 73%, EXP required for next Level: 550
    Level completed: 73%,
    EXP required for next Level: 550

GP

Name
    Leila
    The young succubus allowed her hand to roll over her swollen belly. A small smile gracing her soft pink lips.

“I didn't think such a thing possible,” her tone was soft.

Tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear, she closed the short distance between the two. “Cat got your tongue, prized fighter?” She taunted him slightly. “It was after all you, boasting about being very fertile.” With each flick of her tongue the smile stretched farther, to the edges of her cheeks.

This was indeed a new look for the sex demon, she didn't look seductive, yet glowing with admiration for the being inside her.

Though only half a woman with this child inside her she felt whole again. Taking his hands in her own she placed them on her slightly rounded stomach. He glanced from her face to her stomach, a small childlike giggle left her lips.

“You’re sure it’s mine?” Josh asked in awe, “there wasn’t another man a couple of months before me?”

The look of happiness slightly fell from her face. “What?” The word leapt from her tongue sharply, her unique eyes narrowing in. She stepped back his hands fell from her belly.

Turning on the tips of her toes she walked to the small wardrobe, swinging the door open with a little too much force. “Was there another man,” she murmured to herself, slipping on a shire fabric robe. Her stomach slightly less obvious now, “why because I am a sex demon I must lay with many men?”

Her dark gaze turned to the fighter as she tossed the question at him.

“Or because it makes no sense for the child to have grown so much so soon.” Breaker raised an eyebrow. “I meant no offense. If this is my child… it grows with my speed.”
    “There is that if word,” she spat, folding her arms under her slightly larger breast. “Do you think so little of me that I would just place your hands on my stomach if I carried another man’s child?” She raised a slender eyebrow.

“What do I know of you?” Josh raised his hands defensively. “I make no judgment one way or the other. But you are certain. So tell me, how is it our child can have grown so fast?”

“Our child, now it’s our child,” she mumbled bitterly. Sitting on the bed she sighed pushing a flustered hand through her long mane, “I don’t know. I woke up the morning after our fling and felt different. My breast slightly tender, larger and I looked bloated.” She glanced down at her stomach, resting a hand on top of the small mound. “After the first day I grew larger and larger, feeling small flutters that grew stronger. I don’t even know how it’s possible for me to carry a child with half a soul.”

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    “Perhaps your mother would know,” Josh said softly. He picked up his parcel and sat on the bed beside Leila. With swift, decisive movements he undid the cord that bound the Karuku-tal skin.

Leila smiled sadly, “she would know, I am certain, if she is still alive.”

“We will have occasion to find out,” Josh said with a grin. The parcel fell open, unveiling some carefully rolled clothing, three vials containing a glowing blue tincture, and a stone tablet engraved with an ancient Fallieni dialect.

“The shopkeeper assured me that this clothing is in keeping with current Haidian fashion,” the prizefighter explained, “the vials contain a potion which will disguise me as an incubus for eight hours per dosage. The tablet is payment for our passage… I found a portal-maker who collects relics such as this, who can send us straight into the heart of Haide’s capital.”

The young succubus stood up abruptly, pacing back and forth. “We are really gonna do this,” she was speaking more to herself than him. Nodding slowly she looked at Josh, “this is really happening, you kept your promise to me?”

“Of course,” Breaker stood and took her hands in his, a calming, steadying force. “Are you sure you are up for such an undertaking? I could go alone… although your familiarity with the royal palace will be invaluable. And I would stand little chance of rescuing your mother.”

She gave his hands a little squeeze, “I have to go you will be lost quickly. I know where the torture chambers are and where my mother will more than likely be.” She leaned in and gave his cheek a soft kiss.

She smelled like desire. If anything, knowing she carried his child made Breaker want the chocolate-skinned sex demon more. He ran a callused hand up her soft shoulder, hazel eyes gazing into hers.

“I arranged a meeting with the portal-maker for midnight. We have some time before then.” Above the room’s canvas roof, the sun finally began to fade. Josh took a long breath of Leila-enhanced air. “Are you hungry?”

Leila laughed softly, kissing the hand laid on her shoulder. “Ever since you planted your seed in me, I am always hungry. In more ways than one.” She winked playfully.

The muscular man cupped her chin and ran his fingers through her long, golden hair. She tilted her face up slightly, and he pulled her in for a kiss that took both of their breath away. Her stomach pressed firmly against his solid abdominals, her breasts softer, smaller mounds touching his bare chest through the sheer fabric she wore.

“Which of your appetites shall we slake first?” Breaker breathed as the kiss ended.

In answer, sun darkened hands tugged at the belt binding his white denim breeches.

GP

Name
    Leila
    They laid tangled in one another’s arms, their chest rising and falling slightly faster than normal. This time the love making was more passionate, both of them sharing in the joy of creating a child together. Together they bathed in the moonlight, the silvery glow, his hand resting on her stomach. “Do you want a boy or girl,” Leila asked curiously.

“Whatever the child prefers,” he jested, running his fingers along her rounded belly. Nodding softly, the sun-kissed woman played with his hair. “What about names, anything popping out?”

“I have put no thought into it,” Josh reminded her, “what about you? Are there any family names you might like to use?” Her cheeks heated up slightly, she had to remember unlike her, he had just found out she was carrying his child. She had many nights and days to think of these things. “I have many names I like but none are family names,” she shrugged.

Sighing softly she watched as he laid his head on her breast, his hand stroking her stomach tenderly. “I never knew you could be so gentle,” she teased him.

“I never would have thought you’d find such ecstasy beneath a gentle hand,” he said, dipping his fingers between her legs momentarily. “It seems we surprise each other.”

A gasp parted her lips as his hand slide through her sensitive folds before rolling back up to her stomach. “Seems so,” she said breathlessly. She pulled his chin upward, her lips claiming his. The kiss was soft and tentative as the soft flesh or their lips rolled over one another before she pulled away. “I think change is good,” she said softly stroking his cheek.

“It had best be,” Josh chuckled, “it is constant and everlasting. This change, I think will be good for both of us.”

Leila nodded in agreement as she kissed his forehead softly before allowing him to lay back down, using her plush breast as pillows. For a moment the sex demon wished to will time to stop, just so she could enjoy this moment a little while longer. The sensation of him rubbing her stomach was soothing, it made her eyes grow heavier until she gave into sleep.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Josh lay back on the pillows and watched the succubus sleep, enjoying her scent and the rise and fall of her breasts until he sensed midnight approaching. He smoothed Leila’s golden hair back gently until her eyes fluttered open.

“Time to go,” Josh whispered. He helped her sit up and rubbed her back in slow, energizing circles. “This will be quite the adventure. Are you prepared?”

Leila arched an eyebrow. “We are bound to save my mother and retrieve my soul, Breaker. You may rest assured I am prepared.” She stood up and smoothed her dressed, crossing her arms and tapping a foot as if she were waiting for him.

Josh dressed quickly in his Haidian attire - a sleeveless leather jacket and tight-fitting breeches - and slipped the vials into his pocket. The tablet he carried beneath his arm. The greatcat skin he left atop the bed.

“Come along, then,” he said, and he took Leila’s hand.

They ventured down the stairs and out into the night, the chill air nipping at their cheeks. They swept along sandy roads and down darkened alleys, navigating by memory and the light of the moon. Suravani smiled on them, but she could not see all.

After a time they came to a diner that remained open day and night. A barred door stood to the right of the main entrance. Josh rapped thrice in rapid succession, raising an eyebrow at the peep-hole.

A long minute passed, and then a dark skinned man opened the door. He was much more rotund than the average Fallieni, a show of his success as a merchant. He wiped his brow with a cloth and beckoned for them to come in.

“You’re a little early,” he stammered as he led them down a flight of stone steps, toward a distant flickering light, “I scarcely heard your knock.”

“You should have been waiting,” Breaker admonished, “for the amount of gold I paid you. By the way Leila, this is Neesden.”

The man nodded and wiped his bald pate again. His sandals skidded to a halt beneath the flickering lantern sconce and he fished a key out of his robe’s pocket. It turned in the brass lock with a rusty click, and the door opened.

The room revealed piles upon piles of books and parchments, as well as a desk and a large circular artifact. It had strange Fallieni sigils engraved on it and loomed at the far end of the chamber. The area immediately surrounding it was the only clean space to be seen. Clutter - mostly books and the occasional artifact - covered floor, desk, and chair.

“This is it,” Neesden puffed, clearly somewhat nervous, “all you need do is touch this sigil here, think of the location you seek, and a portal shall open. Now, about my payment-”

“I’ve already given a pile of gold,” Josh reminded him.

“Gold is not enough.” Neesden insisted. “You are an influential man in these lands, Granite Phantom. I should like a favour from your in return for use of my portal-maker.”

“What favour?” Josh asked warily. He shared a look with Leila.

“Nothing specific,” Neesden said, breathing shallowly, “nothing yet. But I am a gambling man… I like to risk my riches at the fighting pits. If ever my luck should run foul… I may need a man to defend me.”

Josh chuckled. “Alright, Neesden. You get one for free. If a leg-breaker ever comes knocking, let him know you’ve got the real Breaker in your corner.

The man nodded nervously, and bowed slightly as he stepped aside. The portal-maker loomed over them, a great sand-colored ring.

“Leila,” Josh said, “you’re up.”

GP

Name
    Leila
    A flash of doubt crossed over her angelic features, dooming thoughts clouded her mind for a moment. Inhaling deeply she closed her eyes, her hand trembled slightly as she reached for the ring. A pulling sensation came from within her chest as Leila gasped softly, each beat of her heart seemed to make the pulling sensation grow. A soft whimper left her lips as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly picturing of the one place she never thought she would go back to.

“Xaliel,” she breathes out in one small whisper.

The room around them melts, slowly morphing into the outskirts of Hades. Standing on the concrete platform that is the only way in and out of Hell. She didn’t want to get to close in fear of being discovered, she was after all casted out of her own realm to live in Althana’s for the remainder of her extended life.

The place smelled of rotting flesh and death, Leila’s stomach flipped as she covered her mouth and nose, her hand shielding her from having to endure the horrid smell. The land was dead, cracked and crumbled from all the death that surrounded it. Dark clouds loomed over the realm with red streaks dancing in and out of the shadows. Glancing below she saw the lava that moved rapidly like a stream with a current. It was Theos way of keeping things hot in Hell, he found the cliche aspect amusing.

Glancing farther away Leila could see the boat that would take them to their desired destination. “Charon,” the small succubus sighed softly, a small sense of familiarity covering her. A strong hand laid softly on her hip made her jump, glancing over she had almost forgot that Breaker had come with her.
    Nodding softly she pulled the hood of her cloak over her, hiding her lovely whiteish gold locks. A shadow was casted over her features hopefully aiding in the mission to keep her identity a mystery. It didn’t take long of the gondola to glide over nothing, it floated in thin air as the ferryman guided it with a smoothly along.

It approached the plate form, coming to a quick stop. “We seek passage,” said her prized fighter. The cloaked figured that almost matched the look of Leila held out his hand. He seeks payment… She thought quickly digging into her pockets before flicking two coins into his awaiting hand. Breaker steps aboard, turing he held out his hand to aid the succubus. Boarding the boat Charon pushed off, slowly but purposely they glided towards the large kingdom that even looked like it could fall at any moment.

As they approached closer Leila could hear the familiar screams of the pits, a large crater to the left side of them. Her entire body stiffened, her breath hitched in her chest. “What is it?” Josh’s soothing voice filled her ear. Nudging over towards the large hole filled with screams, some can faintly make out the lines of people waiting to be tortured, chained together. “When you are considered a traitor you spend many ions down there. It is where they torture not only the shell of you but your soul and each time you die or your soul gives out they bring you back to do it all over again.”

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Josh did not know what to say, and so he looped a comforting arm around Leila’s shoulders. He glanced cautiously at the boat minder. It appeared as though the potion he’d taken had worked. It did not change his appearance, but caused him to emit the same pheromone as succubae and incubi. His chiseled jaw line and musculature made him a passable incubus, and the tight silken clothing he’d purchased in Fallien completed the disguise.

They reached the far shore and made their way through a series of burnt out and broken down buildings. Most were small stone houses, roofless and yawning in the fetid wind. Demons of all spawns lurked here and there, but none approached Breaker and Leila as they made their way to the walls of the main city. The gates stood open, if guarded, but the armed and armored demons there paid them no more mind than any of the others.

Inside the city some of the buildings were intact, and the stench a littles less pervasive. Hawkers sold all manner of wares and foods, and doxies lingered in doorways, eyeing any passerby who appeared to have coin.

Josh and Leila navigated the cracked cobblestone streets to the palace, where Leila took the lead. They slipped in an unguarded side door and crept through a maze of passages, down stone staircases, and up to a guarded section of the castle.

“This is the special prisoners’ chambers,” Leila whispered as they lingered in a shadowy alcove, “my mother will be in there somewhere. The door will be guarded.”

“Not to worry,” Josh smiled, and slipped away like a specter. He slid silently down the hallway, his boots suddenly frictionless, and came at the guard out of the darkness like a serpent striking from its lair. The demon fell without a sound, and Josh dragged its body back to the alcove. “Stay close,” he uttered as he slipped a keyring from the guard’s belt.

They crept back to the heavy ironbound door, and Josh sorted through they keys until he found the one that fit. The door opened inward with a heavy groan, revealing two long, dark passageways. Josh looked at Leila.

“Which way?” He asked.

GP

Name
    Leila
    The sound of her galloping heart was almost deafening. Her swollen breast rising and falling a little bit faster, the concrete walls seemed to close in around her. A slight kick from her round stomach drew her back from the anxiety that was slowly starting to claim her. Placing a comforting hand on her belly she pointed to left, nodding at her escort.

Darting down the narrow hallway, the footsteps quietly echoing off the stone walls. Leila knew her mother would be down in the last cell.

A small gust of wind blew threw her, causing her breath to hitch. The hood of her cloak slipping down slightly revealing her white silky strands. The panic swept back in, he knows.. Does he know I am here? Fear gripped tightly at her chest as she pulled the cloak hood back around her tightly.

Shaking off the paranoia the best she could, forcing herself to focus on the task at hand. Simone, her mother was one tough succubus, she had refused the King and tried to plan a coup to change the hierarchy. It had cost her father, Thurin his life but they knew if they didn’t trying Leila would be the pet of one of the Prince’s and she indeed was. To punish her mother the King had handed Leila over to his most cruel son.

With her head tilted up her nose in the air she inhaled deeply, the smell of stale death only hung. “No one has been down here in ages,” the realization smacked her in the face like running into one of the walls that surrounded her. “That monster!” She cried out.

Before Breaker could understand what she was talking about Leila had started to sprint down to the farthest cell. “Leila,” she could hear her companion called out her name. The succubus didn’t answer just continued to push her feet as hard as she could to carry her. That bastard was starving her! A succubus could live on not feeding from anyone for decades but the pain that came with the starvation is excruciating.

Finally reaching the end of the cell she was met with a stone wall, “that fucking bastard,” Leila hissed. Breaker reached her and before he could scorn her for taking off she pressed her index finger to lips. His head cocked to the side slightly, the prize fighter remained quiet.

She pushed back her cloak and revealed a thigh holster that held a dagger. Leila with drew the dagger, brought it close lips and whispered a silent prayer. Pleading this to work she sliced deeply into her palm, the blood welled up quickly before spilling over dropping on the the floor.

As the crimson liquid hissed and sizzled as it met the stone floor, the concrete door groaned in protest but opened. “Succubus blood still flows through my veins those ignorant fools.” The light spilled into the dark room, for some odd reason it was like Leila’s feet were planted to the ground. She glanced toward Breaker as her bottom lip caught in between teeth.

“I- I can’t…” The words slipped past her lips.

upon the cheek of night

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    “You’re alright,” Breaker whispered, gently taking her hand. “Come on. We didn’t come this far to stop now.” The succubus met his steady gaze and gave a slight nod. The demigod led her into the cell, just a few steps so they stood in the light spilling from the hallway. Breaker’s keen gaze penetrated the thicker shadows along the chamber’s far wall.

A slender succubus stood chained against the solid concrete, her hands outspread and her legs separated. She wore only a wispy grey shapeless robe that fell short of her knees. She had Leila’s long golden-white hair, and similar blue-purplish eyes, but some lines of maturity showed on her strikingly beautiful visage. Her cheeks look hollow, and Josh suspected that beneath the robe, she was wasted away with hunger.

“Who’s there?” She whispered hoarsely, squinting against the light. “I’m blinded every time the door opens, but you’re not a guard or Ranja, otherwise you’d be throwing insults or drinks or worse. Who is it?”

Josh waited, but Leila seemed at a loss for words. They moved forward in slowed lockstep.

“Who is it?” Simone, Leila’s mother demanded. She sniffed the air. “Succubae,” she said, “I could almost swear. What trickery is this?” She blinked as her eyes adjusted. “It can’t be… Leila my girl, is that you?”

“It is me, mother.” Leila said, finding her voice at last. Tears shone in her eyes as she rushed forward and hugged her mother’s slender form. Josh moved in her wake. He grasped the iron cuffs securing Simone’s arms and a legs and pried them open, one at a time, as easily as a farmhand snapping kindling. The older succubus hugged her daughter as she stumbled free. The two clung to one another, wavering, and Breaker placed a hand on Leila’s back to support her.

“We must go,” he said gently.

“Where?” Simone asked, not letting go of her daughter.

“Away from here.” Breaker said. “Away from Haidia, by any means necessary.”

“You are the Breaker of Corone,” Simone said, reaching out a hand to touch the Y-shaped scars on his face. “The Granite Phantom of Fallien. I have heard of you.” She added as an afterthought. She took a deep breath and adopted a stern look. “Are you the one who has put a baby in my daughter’s belly?”

“Yes,” Josh said, “but that isn’t important now-”

“Not to me, perhaps.” Simone interrupted, “but to you, and to Leila, I should think so. Your mission here in the land of demons is far from over, Breaker. My daughter’s soul is still divided. If you do not reunite it as one, your child will be stillborn. And the shards of her soul are hidden here, in the royal palace.”

Suddenly footsteps echoed in the hallway, and a red-faced demon stormed into the cell flanked by two muscular guards. Josh did not recognize him, but Simone supplied the answer to his question before he could ask.

“Ranja!” she hissed venomously.

GP

Name
    Leila
    Leila froze, her breath hitched in her chest. She looked at Breaker her eyes wide with fear. “Little Tiger,” the Prince smiled when he looked at her.

“Ranja,” she forced his name from her lips as she held her mother tightly.

“What a sweet reunion, though I don’t know you.” His attention turned to the succubus’ lover.

“You don’t need to know him,” Leila snapped before Breaker could say anything. Ranja took a step closer to her and she stumbled back. The only thing having stopped her was Breaker wrapped a large arm around her waist to steady her. Ranja’s gaze darted down to Breaker’s at still firmly around her waist.

“What is this, Leila?” He spat at her with disgust.

She shrunk back slightly, she was trembling slightly as much as she tried not to allow Ranja to effect her everything that he had done to her while she was captive here came back. “Speak, have you lost your tongue?” He snapped at her.

“Enough,” Simone glared at the Prince as she stepped in front of her daughter as if to shield her from Ranja.

“This is on you Simone, had you not try to rebel all those years ago I would have married your daughter as planned.” Leila choked after he dropped that little surprise.

“Oh of course Mommy dearest didn’t tell you, you were promised to me even before you are born. You were- no are mine to do whatever I damn well please with.” He stalked forward.

Breaker stepped in front of the two woman now. “That is enough, she is not yours and you don’t own anything.” His deep voice filled the cell bouncing off the walls.

The Prince sized him up, his gaze ran up and down the prized fighter. They were evenly the same size in height but Breaker seemed to have more muscle on him.

“Oh but what you seem to forget boy, is I do control her.” He pulled out a small necklace that held an orb of light. He grinned wickedly before speaking into it. It was like some type of spell was cast on Leila as she started to move toward him.

“Leila stop,” Breaker and her mother both called after her.

Silent tears slipped down her face as she willed herself to speak but nothing happened. “And don’t worry we will take care of the little bastard in your gut too, can’t have another man’s seed cooking inside of you.”

She was at his side now as he wrapped his arms around her and started to drain her. Quickly she dropped into his arms as he picked her up bridal style. He briskly turned on his heels calling over his shoulder to the guards. “Finish those two while I deal with her,” making his way down the hall out of their sight.