Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch thought the question over, it had some merit, he doubted he'd ever be much of a warrior, at least for a while. He thought that maybe a simple weapon would be best for now, maybe the chemist could make a weapon that could be added to later. "I was thinking Nevin, maybe a basic tool would be best for me to learn with, a sickle or something of the sort. I was thinking that once my ability to use the weapon grew, we could modify the weapon to be better suited, maybe something with a chain for me to impede an enemy."

Sketch watched the elven smith working around him, his skill was undeniable, and he wondered how much Nevin had learned from someone like him. He was interested at the weapon that Nevin wanted to make for himself, it would be an interesting development to see what the scholar would choose to fight with.

"I'll sit back and observe my friend, I'll gladly use any weapon you find suitable. After we're done, we can discuss that trainer of yours once this task is finished. I want to thank you Nevin for all you've done, this was an interesting ordeal, and I can't thank you enough for helping me get some sleep." Sketch gave a deep bow with one hand, "If I can ever return the favor in anyway, please let me know without any hesitation."

Sketch wasn't sure what Nevin was planning to use the strange green metal for, but he hoped that what ever he planned would be of some use for the chemist, he would be forlorn if he was the only one benefiting from the trip to the mines. Though he mused, if he could summon more of the dwarf grym, he may be able to make a decent amount of money from it.

The story teller stood back and allowed Nevin to make the proper arrangements.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    It was Llukrath who had an idea about a weapon that matched what the orator had mentioned he was thinking about. While some of the other apprentices were working on smelting the ore down - working the bellows to heat raw ore was definitely not a task for a journeyman - the Elf sat down and took the graphite from Nevin.

"Hm. A simple weapon, easy to learn with. Yes, a sickle would be a good idea - with a padded grip so your hand won't slide and risk injuring yourself. But now, a chain on it - there's tales that the travelers from the other continent had brought a weapon like that - and what if it worked like this..." The Elf's hands moved smoothly, gliding across the paper as he drew out a weapon. It was short, a one-handed affair clearly, and the curve of the scythe was gentle, barely noticeable, a first glance might make one think it was straight. At the bottom of the haft, below where the pointy-eared fellow added the grip, his hand hesitated for a moment before he tapped it. "This is where things become a bit complicated. What you might want to do is add some extra length for the time being, and then when you are looking to reforge it then you can hew away that extra length to give the modularity you mentioned. Trying that from the creation might lead to some integral weakness that could come back to impair you. In either case, at the bottom here is where you'd add the chain - a simple, several foot long affair. Now, beyond just the chain, you'll actually want a weight of some kind. Do you have a preference?" Sketch rubbed his chin in thought as Llukrath tapped the paper with one long, slender finger.

"A spike. Something I can throw and have it stick in." The Elf nodded and finished sketching out the weapon, and pushed the paper over towards Sketch. Then the man turned towards Nevin, who had been quietly working on his own design while the Journeyman helped the orator. He raised one elegant eyebrow and cleared his throat, making the Alchemist look up and blink at the other two for a moment before furrowing his brow.

"Ah - my weapon. Right, I want the metal to be drawn out into a thin, flexible wire, something that can coil and unfurl without damaging itself. Maybe links, or a treatment of some kind if possible, I'm not sure what it would need. Anyway. Drawn out into a wire, with barbs or thin spikes created at intervals. I plan on combining the metal with something else, leather or hide possibly to help protect the flexible wire itself, and making a whip from it. With a notch or a groove at the bottom - Plynt gathers liquids, and I'd like a way to drain it if at all possible." Llukrath's eyebrow raised even further at that as he listened to the Alchemist talk. It was a nasty weapon that the normally passive man was describing, and it seemed a bit at odds with the image that Nevin normally projected. He didn't say anything though, as Nevin tapped his chest - where Elthas had been injured in the Goblin raid. At that, the Elf nodded once, and raised no objections as he nodded.

"Sadly you'll need to pay for the weapons themselves - Master Yark would likely kill me if I tried to make them in exchange for some raw ore. But these designs should work well for you. Go on then - I'll have the ingots delivered to your shop, Nevin." Nevin nodded and bowed to Llukrath, thanking him for the help he had given them. After that he turned towards Sketch.

"I'll need some time to set up the meeting - and you'll need to be prepared to travel out to Radasanth, on the main isle of Corone. Meet me there in.. say a week? That should give me the time to find the instructor, and someone to make the weapons for us. I'll also make some more of the sleep aide, and leave it at the inn for you." Nevin stretched out his arms - they had been working for a fair portion of time, and mining before that, so he was a bit sore. But he needed sleep - and for tonight, Sketch had one of the stronger sleep aides. Or at least, he did after Nevin remembered to hand the next strongest potion over before heading back towards his shop.

~Fin~

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Name of Judgement: Fight School for Beginners
    Judgement Type: No Judgement

Rewards:

The Crooked Knight receives:
    845 EXP
    0 Gold

Nevin receives:
    1050 EXP
    58 Gold

Spoil requests granted:
    "Sketch: Damascus (Enough for a Sickle)" - 2 pieces granted
    "Nevin: Plynt (Enough for a barbed Whip)" - 1 piece granted (one should be enough for breaking up into a barbed whip. You will also need some form of hide for the whip itself)

“Hermione, if Harry’s seen a Grim, that’s — that’s bad,” he said.
    “My — my uncle Bilius saw one and — and he died twenty-four hours later!”
    ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile