Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    There was ... a flash there, a spark of happiness or something similar to it. It was the opposite of Nevin's own normal smiles - his were merely on the face and rarely reached his eyes, while Vaeron seemed amused or happy, but his face didn't show it beyond a tightening of the muscles around the lips. The scars, then, and they looked like they pained him even now. Which made sense - the facial muscles were normally extremely mobile, so it was likely that, without proper treatment for the wounds that had given the large man the scars, the muscles there had been damaged and never given a proper chance to heal. Nevin thought for a moment of offering him one of the salves he had in the store - but he didn't know if he had any that would be effective enough to help. Perhaps he could raise the subject at a later date, after finding more potent formula. For now though, he cleared his throat and shook his head with a raised eyebrow.

"I am hardly going to call the limited guard of the area on you. Discounting the fact that they have enough on their hands with the agitated Goblins nearby, I am the one who placed the offer and asked for information. No, calling the guard on a customer would be rather stupid. Now then. You say unsavoury individuals, and animals. Do you have any specific races in mind at the moment, or would you just like something that can affect humans for the time being?" The offer of a job was.... interesting, to say the least. From the comments that Celandine had made, her mother was a rather important individual. Having a 'sponsor', or a wealthy buyer.... it was an intriguing prospect. He drummed his fingers on the counter as he thought.

"I cannot say I'd be adverse to having a regular client who needs something other than Miner's Delight. Poison making is something that, while I can do, I have not had as much chance to practice. I'd be grateful to do so.
    Hmm. Yes. I'm thinking of opening a shop in Radasanth in the future, that location might be easier to reach than this here out in Stonevale. And I can certainly achieve non-lethal poisons as well. Pain, hallucinations, fever, things that can mimic illnesses... Yes, I think I could be of service to you in the future."
    Nevin's tone had grown thoughtful as he tapped his pencil against his notepad. He had jotted down 'humanoid' and 'animal' on the page , and circled both lethal and non-lethal as Vaeron spoke - reminders to himself that the man would be interested in both kinds of product in the future.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 3,467, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,533
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,533

GP

Name
    Rameses Oasis Vaeron
    Race
    human
    A regular client?

Vaeron found himself amused at the thought of it. Naturally, the Nevin alchemist would never be given Philomel's name. Perhaps asked to pass it on to a brothel in Radasanth, the route to the Matriarch faun would be long and complicated for him. He would never hear of her name - or if she were to, that would come under the general description of 'Lacey'. Lacey was Philomel's now deceased mother, who the faun used as a cover when she was not wanting undue attention.

But that was all Nevin would ever know. He would not discover the fact that he was working for a warrior. Now yet, Vaeron was certain. Perhaps the name 'Gilded Lily' would eventually be come to the alchemist's ears, and the idea of a faun aside from Celandine would be made, but not soon if Vaeron was to help it. Poison was, after all, a dangerous thing to speak of. He was just lucky that his suspicions had become confirmed.

This Nevin was not an innocent man, wrapped up in the morals of rules. Instead he was willing to walk the line between danger and peace.

"Then we have an agreement," the older man said, straightening again, "Somewhere to begin. You will be paid well, do not worry."

He glanced back again, to beyond the window. Celandine was speaking to and petting her beast. Erik was between chewing her blouse and eating hay, trying to steal some from Megladon's mouth the giant horse snorted, and stamped a foot loudly, causing the tera'k to shy away.

Stopping people from even passing by just now.

The mage nodded once and stuck out a callused hand. "Let's say two vials of the item made for humans. We'll start with that, then if it suits, then you'll have a customer. A shop in Radasanth will be very much better for us."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin took the hand and shook it firmly before folding his hands together on the counter and speaking. "In the future you'll likely be able to find me there. The shop here is running quite smoothly at this point." With a nod he looked out the window, to where the child was playing with her mount. "I will have to brew these up and deliver them after they're finished. Here, I don't carry most poisons in stock. Not enough call for them in this town for it to be cost effective. Do you have an address where you will be able to receive them, or would you like to come back later? And these potions - are you wanting lethal serums, hallucinogenics, or just pain serums? If you have to wait, I'd rather have you get the proper product the first time instead of having to come back to me to get the right thing." Nevin removed a page from his notepad and set it on the counter in front of Vaeron, leaving a pencil beside it as well.

It looked like he would have to accelerate his plans to move to Radasanth. The town was rapidly becoming a place where many of his goals and objectives could be found - and Stonevale, now that the major immediate issue of the Miner's Lung had been cleared up, was becoming alchemically boring. And the red-haired man absolutely detested being bored. A new town, with new opportunities to find things, and new products that he would need to make? Oh yes, that sounded like it would be far more inspiring to him. The problem would be, running the shop here, and there. He would need to hire someone to work with him or for him, someone to man the counter here while he was in Radasanth. The question was, who could he trust?
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

EXP: 3,467, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,533
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,533

GP

Name
    Rameses Oasis Vaeron
    Race
    human
    Vaeron took a moment to observe the man with a single, raised eyebrow, before he answered.

Behind him Celandine squealed as Megaldon shoved his wet nose to her shoulder. The great horse snorted, sending a shower of droplets over her clothes and she ended up laughing, her hands going high. That also meant that the scimitar in her hand went wildly high also and those who had begun to brave coming closer began to scatter again. Leaving the strangers with the strange steeds alone.

"Can you make sleeping draughts?" the mage asked, his voice still low, and his hands gripping the counter before him. "Draughts that would send a being into a stupor? They would be a good first investment. If yours works then we will come back for more."

He thought for a while, tilting his head to glance out the window again. He snorted in amusement as he saw the residents scatter before the wide arm movements of a child. There were various places in Radasanth itself that he could ask the alchemist to send the potions. From the many brothels that were associated with Philomel, to the fortress itself, there were various addresses that he could think of. Naturally the fortress was out of the question - it was secret after all, and the alchemist would likely never be able to find it, even on the long single path that wound its way through the woods and eventually got to somewhere near it. The brothels, though, were something to consider. And perhaps a few pubs that were associated.

"There is a place called The Rabbit's Paw," he said in a gruff voice, "An ... inn right near the old castle of the Ixian Knights. If you go there and say you are leaving a delivery for the faun and the fox, it will get to us. You will be paid on delivery." He took a moment. "I will set that up when we get back to the city. You will not be asked questions."

[[ last post from you and we can finish?]]

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    "Inn near the Ixian castle, Faun and the Fox. Alright." Nevin memorized the information with a sharp nod - decidedly trying to ignore the child waving a sword around in the street. Thankfully she didn't seem likely to hurt herself, but at the same time he couldn't help but keep one eye on her as she played around. "And yes. A soporific or sedative is easily enough managed. I'll make a couple that can last varying lengths of time and note which ones they are in the delivery." Already in his mind he was turning over what ingredients would be necessary for this kind of potion. He could think of a few sedative herbs and mixtures, the trick would be making some that could survive the journey.

Or, he could 'cheat' and dose the potions with a bit of blood, allowing him to imbue them with magic. That might work better for this - it would ensure the efficacy of the products... no. That would be foolish. Vaeron and his employer might have another alchemist already in their employ, or in their acquaintance, and have the person check the potions to make sure they were working as intended. And while most wouldn't recognize the blood or the magic, he didn't care to run the risk of revealing himself to who knows how many people. No, standard potions it was.

That decided, he pushed a small bottle of the syrup on the counter over to Vaeron. "A gift, to a future partnership. It's a mild sedative, in a honey syrup - it should be sweet enough for young Celandine there to enjoy it, but the sedative will counter the sugar rush I'm sure she's going to be experiencing. With her small frame it shouldn't take long to take effect. Use it, or not, but it is yours either way." He smiled politely and bowed his head to Vaeron. This would be... an interesting endeavour, to be sure. He relished the challenge, truth be told.

~Fin~

A member of the NevCrew:

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Name: Through the Eyes of a Child
    Judgment Type: No Judgment

Celandine receives 615 EXP and a steel scimitar
    Nevin receives 1320 EXP and 132 GP
    Vaeron receives 968 EXP and 1 GP (his GP went toward the scimitar as requested)

Congratulations!

Rewards include a 1.5 EXPx bonus for Celandine and Vaeron for participating in Stonevale.
    Last edited by Breaker; 11-16-2017 at 01:33 PM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    All rewards added.

Vaeron reaches level 2!
    Last edited by Breaker; 11-16-2017 at 01:34 PM.