Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "Why the fuck did you have to go do that?" she asked under her breath, anger rushing back as they strode away. "He's my friend not one of your ... Projects."

"I was interested in him," Vitruvion replied, rather openly and honestly, "And you think of him so often. It was only my right to find out why."

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms as they walked, her eyes scanning the people briefly they passed. It was only very fast as a look, for Vitruvion walked always with a purposeful gait, but she was surprised at the vast amount of neutral-spirited individuals there were. Stare kept her aura sight on as they rushed away from the cafe and Nevin, the city waiting.

"I see you haven't told him about our arrangement," Vitruvion said softly as he twisted around a corner.

"Arrangement?" She asked, confused.

He flashed her an image of the document that she had torn, that which tied her to Vitruvion in more ways than one. Stare stumbled slightly with the reminder of it and it made her blood run cold.

We agreed it was to remain a secret, she said to him clearly in her mind. Nevin would be the last person I want knowing. A panic suddenly settled inside her. Wait, did you tell him?

He let the uneasiness consume her for a single, cruel second before he answered. I did not. You have not disappointed me that much as yet. I simply thought that as you told him about your cuff ...

She breathed in tight. Being a fucking slave is far more detrimental to my identity, on a personal level, thanks.

Vitruvion raised his brows a little, That is how you see it. I just see me protecting what was already mine by international law. That and it was for your safety. He straightened and struck out with his cane to make his stride more powerful in its view. This I have told you many times before. I have not treated you as society would expect me to. You are paid when I do not need to. Deal with the life you have, Stare, I need you.

Her discomfort reigned but it was a steady one now, that she knew well. She hugged herself tighter as they wound their way through the streets, eyes glancing around once more. Here she was, a kenku following the direct son of the being who had created her race, created her, in far better shape than she had been in a long time. Yes Vitruvion was far from perfect, but he had power and he had knowledge. He did pay her well, and he did trust her to some extent, which was nice, it was just difficult in the long term acknowledging exactly who she was working for and under what circumstances her employment fell. Vitruvion could, by some laws, treat her as he wanted - lock her up, rape her, abuse her - but he didn't. He had good qualities amongst his very dark ones, and Stare had to admit them as lights in the great shadow she lived in.

They got to the grand hotel that she had found, and Vitruvion glanced at the title - 'Radasanth Royal' - before heading in. He passed under the row of ten white arches that made the front of the building, before heading straight through the front door.

The first room was a great, panelled and tiled hall, with a great gilt bar open upon it. Few patrons lounged in sumptuous armchairs, all each as noble looking as Vitruvion.

Clack, clack. He strode straight for the bar. A stunning woman smiled at him as he stopped before her and gestured behind him at Stare.

"My servant here made a reservation for us."

The word 'servant' made Stare pause for a moment and blink, as she had never thought of it that way. But then she considered it and grunted to herself quietly, at least preferring it to 'slave'. She was employed by him, and even though her official title was his 'steward,' 'servant' also worked. Money was exchanged for services rendered.

"Yes of course," the woman looked at Stare and acknowledged her with an elegant flash of teeth. "Sir Elssmith, of course. It is an honour sir. Your servant was shown the rooms before and can take you there again."

And she held out a large, iron key. Vitruvion opened his palm and she dropped it in, before dipping down into a curtsey. He gave a short nod before twisting around and raising an eyebrow at Stare. Sucking her breath in she pointed to a door at the back of the room and quickly started there.

"Servant," she tested in a whisper.

"Indeed," Vitruvion murmured back.

She sucked in her breath and started ascending the stairs, thinking about Nevin and how they had left him. The bald man has simply merged into the crowd, becoming another individual in the many that Vitruvion had deliberately sought out. It was partly to spite her, she was sure, but also likely true that he did it to satiate his own curiousity. If she had known what he was doing she likely would have tried to stop him. As Vitruvion had said it was part of his right, and part of his natural style to find out what Nevin was like for his own.

They came to a small corridor, and then an oak door that Stare gestured to. Vitruvion produced the key in his hand and set it against the lock. When it opened a suite of bright rooms lay before them - an open small lounge with three armchairs and it's own fireplace, that led into a large bedroom that could be spied. He strode in with eyebrows raised, looking at the cream and yellow gold colour.

From the grand bedroom was another room that served as a small closet. And then off from that itself was a fourth and final room, with was tiny and bore a simple single bed along with a tiny cabinet. Already in the larger bedroom and in the smaller were two bags neatly placed - the memory of Stare's presence here already.

"Hmm, it'll do," Vitruvion said. "Might be worth buying a house in this city though, if the brewery proves fruitful." He nodded a few times at the furniture, then strode to go sink onto the larger bed.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Evening came went, a time of pouring over precise maps and dinner brought into the room. Vitruvion curled his lip as a maid opened the door without knocking and just started in with a room tray. It took Stare to sigh and hurry forwards to take it from her to spare the girl the god's annoyance. From there they found good food fit for them both, though the presentation between the two dishes made it clear whose was supposed to be whose.

Stare ate her more meagre meal with a grunt, the beauty of being a kenku allowing her the ability to find sustenance in anything, really. Therefore she ate fast and finished before he did, watching across the room as he savoured every morsel.

"Tomorrow we go back to where you were kept," he announced, as night darkness flooded the room from the large window in the front room.

Stare nodded as she got up to clear the dishes, then head into the smaller room.

"Hmm, no." Vitruvion suddenly said.

Vaguely surprised, and admittedly confused, she looked at him. He was shaking his head, and getting up slowly. Carefully he began to undo the buttons of his jacket.

"That piece of a failure they call a bed through there would do you, but you are better off in there, wth me," he nodded at the main bed.

He brows rose and she stared, immediately recoiling inwards and hugging her body.

He shook his head, snorting with amusement. "No, I do not require sex, Stare,. In fact I don't want that from you. I promise not to seek it of you again. But I require company, and you are not a stranger to this arrangement before."

Her breath escaped from her lungs, "... But ..."

Vitruvion turned his back to her and simply started to undress to his under-trousers ignoring her completely now. Uneasily she huffed through her nostrils, clacked her tongue against the inside of her mouth and stood there for some time. Agitated she watched as he stripped down to his bare, sculpted chest and he moved into the bed, throwing back the covers with a single movement. As he climbed into the duvet he looked at her and then chuckled at her expression.

"For Ansaldo's sake, girl. Get in and be quiet about it."

Using his father's name as a curse meant he was serious. Desire for company or otherwise Stare did not want to share a bed with him that night considering the way he had treated Nevin, but he was right - she was not a stranger to it. Uncomfortably she shrugged off her corded belt, and shifted slowly out of her outer tunic before standing there, gazing at him for a final time.

He snuggled deeper into the covers and elegantly threw open the side closer to her. Indeed, the plush interior was far more inviting than the aged cotton sheets of the other room. Grunting quietly sheoved over, dropping her gaze and willingly sliding into the bed. There were a few moments only before his heat was at her back and an arm slid around her form, pulling her closer.

"You are mine, make no doubt ever of that, my dear," he whispered by her ear.

She closed her eyes and curled into a lose foetal position.

"Yes, my lord," she mockingly replied. "You know, anyone else would find this whole picture creepy."

And he grinned, moving his form to gently cuddle.

"I'm not everyone, am I now?"

And she rolled her eyes before she closed them. His smile grew.

"Goodnight, Stare," he said.

But she was already drifting.
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-14-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    A dark figure stood on a light hill, striding in the bathing light of dawn. Dressed in complete black he had the resemblance of a reaper with a stream of white hair billowing behind him. Like death's companion a crow woman came after, her face obscured by a long grey mask. Silent, unwanted, they walked, up to the door set into the hillside.

Without speaking the leading figure moved to the door and set a hand on it. He paused, before grasping a handle pulling it open. Hinges ripped with the sound of ugly grating, and he threw the wood to the side, letting it be little more than a wreck. Tilting his head around he waited for the kenku to catch up before ducking his head and going into the hill itself, a smile upon his lips.

There was a cry, ragged and shocked. Immediately Stare grabbed her two daggers from her belt and moved into a fluid pace, kicking her awareness into gear. Easily she slid around Vitruvion as he kept striding, heading in and through, swirling in a dervish of black. An awkward and uncertain being was stumbling at them, sword drawn out and pointed. Still Vitruvion strode as he had done before, his cane clacking like nothing else was happening. But Stare was moving. By the time the man had grunted his way a quarter of the way down the corridor she was at him, slapping aside his blade with one of hers, then jabbing his throat with the other.

Blood spilled, red and thick. It stained down her plynt dagger, running in the filler as the man collapsed as a corpse and she took back her blades. She blinked, watching his fall and breathed in slow, waiting for the clack-clack to catch up with her. Catching up with her breath she wiped the dripping blood on her tunic as he came a halt behind her.

"One," he counted. "Keep your blades drawn."

She nodded, her breath coming back to normal, before she started off again, her eyes round and dark. Scanning the area she saw corridor that dipped down the stairs and away, and slipped into her sight of heat. There were no obvious bodies coming up the steps, but there was a warmer varient coming from below them. She blinked, glanced back to Vitruvion who merely looked at her, his whole body now tense, but still elegantly poised.

They're still here, she clear in her mind. I didn't think ...

There is a define intelligent, authoritative power here, he replied calmly, It was clear from your memories last time. Carefully she started up the stone stairs as he went on. This facility is far too prepared, useful and tactical to abandon lightly.

Slowly she nodded and kept herself prepared, able to act in the slightest sign of attack. Her heart hammered as she turned around the corner of the steps, a light source becoming clear ahead, warm bodies likely.

The walls were cold, as ugly as she remembered. She kept going, onwards but with no need to turn around and check if Vitruvion was there - for the breath on the back of her neck told her she was. As her feathers began to rustle with a quiet breeze snaking its way through the passages, she found herself coming eye sight with the top of the stairs, and a long, fine corridor, with one passageway off.

Straight ahead is the room that the mage was in, she said.

Be ready. Vitruvion said, And duck when I tell you to.

She frowned but got into a ready crouch and bared herself for what might come. Slowly they went as a pair, her like the foreshadowing and him the main course. Daggers eager she went as quiet as she could into the tunnel that was lit by bracketed torches.

Nothing stirred. Thus, onwards they went, deeper, further. The corridor to the side came up and Stare ducked against the wall - before very slowly peeking around.

Three men dressed in rough hide hauberks, in a long corridor. Each with a sword at his side, and all sitting on stools in the middle of it all, laughing to one another. A series of doors ran down one side of the space, ones that she knew were rudimentary bedrooms, and a store room. They did not seem to notice her, engrossed as they were in something in between them, that included a handful of cards each.

Slowly she leant back, twisting around to find herself eye to eye with Vitruvion. He stood about a metre away, one hand grasping the head of his cane tightly. If it was anything like the one he had six months ago, Stare knew that it probably had a blade inside. He seemed thoughtful, though stood with a certain amount of tension. There was a pause of silence between them.

Them first, Vitruvion said into her mind. Anyone that might be in the mage's room will likely call them in some way when we attack them.

Slowly Stare nodded and geared herself. Breathing in she shifted her hands around her dagger hilts before turning all the way back around to face the corridor again.

Wait ... the god paused, and then grinned. Ah yes, I thought I could now. I can teleport you straight between them, Stare. Without needing to move myself.

Her head tilted back slightly and she eyed him. Now?

Now, indeed, he inclined his head. I could not teleport others before, just enchant items to do so - but it seems I can with you. Now anyway.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Pop.

Three faces, going from enchanted to utterly stunned. Brown hair, black hair and fair, soon to be speckled with blood. Eyes went wide, one pair of hands opened to drop the cards right to the floor that had been being played with. Not one of them clearly had expected the arrival of a kenku elegantly arriving without announcement between them.

Heading right for the one who had dropped his cards first, Stare brought up her two daggers in swift sucfession, letting out a loud claw as she did. With the element of surprise as her ally she managed to dispatch the first life quick, and easy. A simple upthrust, down-sweep of both daggers tore through his chest and then his abdomen. Immediately blood spurted and immediately he was dead, his armour nowhere near enough to protect him from a crow woman who was amplified by the close proximity of her god.

"AHH, you-"

Twirling around she was met with a large sword being brought up. A clatter and that man was standing, his stool falling from beneath him. Stare tried to use her mythril knife to stab but the sword was longer and had a brief second on her. It dodged around her attempted hits, shortly joined by the second ringing of steel.

She twisted her head and threw the idea of sorrow deftly at the noise. With the need of a few seconds before she ended the one who had drawn his sword, she intended to cripple that fighter by causing physical pain to the first piece of anatomy. Coming face to face with no part of a physical body, but a large swinging hunk of metal it took the most passive of her abilities - her supernatural speed - to enable her to dodge.

"HELP!" one voice cried. "HELP!"

"Fuck," Stare bounded all the way back, moving right back to get away from both ready men, clambering over the body of their fallen comrade with a scurry of her clawed feet.

There was a crash as a secondary door opened, back from where Vitruvion was. Stare hoped that the god was not expecting her to take care of the worry too, as she threw a second painful stare at the victim before.

This time it seemed to have an effect. Where her eyes landed was the man's shoulder and he let out a loud howl, moving to clutch at it. The other gasped and seemed more determined to get to her, moving a foot on the dead one to get to her. Letting out the loudest caw she knew Stare dodged most of an uppercut, recieving a small flesh wound on her arm. At the same time a series of footsteps could coming closer.

More enemies. A longer time for combat.

Deliberately stepping between the next thrust Stare became lucky and managed to get a hit into the stomach. Then the other one, who had been suffering from the invisible pain, gathered himself and atracked from the other side. Stare called out loud, crying, "Others!" Before she rammed her shoulder into his.

Down they fell together, in a tangle of claws and legs and feathers and flesh. Meanwhile the one stabbed in the stomach was rapidly losing life and the noise from up the corridor ... Well it seemed to be contained, turning into a cacophony of grunts, swears and hisses. Stare instead focused her attention on the one before her - beneath her now. She grappled with him, struggling to meet eyes with him to force a nightmarish memory to be relieved.

But time. Three seconds is an age in the art of combat, and it was almost four when she gave up and just threw her utter disgust at his face. All the time they had been grinding blade on blade, struggling strength per strength, both covered in light nicks where the blades had just touched skin. Yet Stare grew frustrated, and thus she ground her eyes onto what empty flesh she could find, at the neck and focused. Rapidly the skin there began to literally die, the outer layers falling away to reveal a horrid black mess underneath.

"Ffuuuckkk!" The man screamed. "What are you? What the fuck are you?"

The pain caused enough pause in his fight. Stare managed to use her plynt dagger to stab him in the eye, then the cheek, then the neck. Red ran, his shouts fell to nothing, and all she was left with was the one she had stabbed in the stomach. He at least seemed still alive as he breathed shakily, grasping at his abdomen that blood was soaking from.

Then the reminder of the other. A large amount of scuffling noise. And yells and cries of pain.

Stare looked up to see a further three men. Two were corpses already, lying on the floor. The last was kneeling, with his back bent horribly backwards, as he began to scream for dire agony. Above him the figure of Vitruvion loomed, drops of blood slowly falling from a long, thin, golden-coloured stiletto. His other hand was before him, palm flat and directed at the man as a pale white light issued forth.

Her beak partly slightly as she watched the man continue to curve back, his screeches suddenly inclining to utter excruciation. Submitting to temption Stare slipped into her aura sight. There was Vitruvion, a man flowing with mountains of white hot, divine energy. His aura, a strong plum colour, glowed dissimilarly to the dark green of the man beneath him, who had just a glimmer of black demonic power. It made sense that Vitruvion would hate him so, and cause him to forcefully bend backwards, as the hairlines of power flowing from his palm indicated. Another line was touching the man's head, right to his third eye chakra that was blossoming with activity.

Suddenly the man gasped and froze ... Then fell to the side. Vitruvion lowered his hand, the light there fading, but not entirely disappearing. As he did he paused, then his eyes rose to meet Stare's, two vivid burning white lights in a halo of red-purple.

The god's lips parted, and he breathed slow. Then he held out his knife, pointing it straight at her.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    With the bloody knife he gestured, gliding down to point until it came to rest on the stomach-stabbed man, who had actually gained some face. Starr huffed, but took the two strides over to end that success. Swiftly, she drew a foot claw along his throat. It was a ragged, horrid cut, but it bit enough to make him choke on his own blood.

"Go down to the cells below," Vitruvion said, his voice not changing from a sickly, disgusted tone. His eyes went back to the collapsed man in front of him. "Bring me anyone you find there, and find me a set of those manacles you had on here. Something close anyway."

Stare blinked and opened her beak to reply, and Vitruvion shrugged. "I must stay incase this mage manages to come awake. Clearly ... Demonic power, yes?" He asked her. "Well then, we do not know the extent to which his power negates mine. So get me what you can. I will be in that pity of an office."

"Guards?" She asked quietly.

"Kill any more you find," the god nodded. Then he paused, raising an eyebrow as she stood still, and did not move yet. "Stare, we are in combat. Every single one of those instructions was an order. Now get to it before ... Well. Now." and he spat the last word, clearly annoyed. Definitely not in the mood, and a pressure began to press at her mind.

Swirling, Stare muttered beneath her breath, and bent briefly to hunt for and find a set of keys on one of the dead guards. It would likely help her. Then she began to head away. Keeping her head down she rapidly moved away from Vitruvion and the corpses, utterly despising it every time he used the term 'order'. It just reminded her that she was truly under him, and would never get away.

Locking her jaw she walked away, heading to the stairs that stood at the end of her corridor. Passing the store room at the end also, she gave it a heat-sight glance before finding no one, unless they were hiding, within. Not wanting to risk Vitruvion's impatience just in this moment of tension. Steadily she moved down the stairs, and it was clear as she did that all the people that they had killed were in fact all that were in here. Any more would have run up to greet them, with blades pointed at them.

Instead Stare found an empty tunnel before her, with one shut cell door and one broken one. Still not fixed. Ice filled her veins as she remembered this place and she recoiled, instantly feeling sick this her stomach.

Five days here. Bound, tightly and unyielding. Blinded with fabric and a chain across her eyes. Force fed, beaten, and at one point, she was not certain ...

Dragged from the cell and dumped, onto the stairs flat first. Unable to see and move she had but had her ears and sixth sense to let her know what was happening. Silence for a while, then a grunt as a man kicked her in the side, sending her sprawling. Then her hips were roughly grabbed, her legs parted and - and the honour of her body was taken not for the first time in her life. First Vitruvion himself, then what other asshole had been here. Stealing her right to her body and dignity from her with cruelty, no care, and spite.

She hoped the guard who did it was amongst her counted dead.

With a shaking hand she went to the first door and tried it, finding it locked. A very brief glance within revealed that there was, in fact, someone right inside. A small being, curled up tight in a corner, feeling very much like the person deep inside of Stare.

Looking across she saw that actually the other cell was occupied also, though the person was bound against the wall with manacles, hands high in the air. It was likely to keep them there because of the broken door. Stare's eyes flickered from one to the other. She saw both were rigid, panic clear on their faces in the dim light. It was likely that they could not see her. She also did not know if they had spoken to one another at all.

Slipping into the aura sight she saw that the first person in the locked cell was female. An elf, by all likely standards by her pointed ears just poking through long raven hair. At the age of forty she was young for an elf, and seemed to have good intentions for her aura was a soft lime green. She had some magic, but it was cut off apparently from use. Her chakras flowed with a strange intense golden hue, but nothing Stare had properly come across. Apparently though it served her no use here, for she had not escaped under her own will. Stare paused, before switching over the other man and saw the pounding black heart first. Telling her he was a dishonest man.

Her heart began to thump and she looked at him harder, and found his aura to be a defiant dirty brown. That pointed to a rebellious nature, but of good intent. He also was apparently human, and had a similar forty one years to his belt. His chakras did not thrum with any magic, however Stare was concerned deeply with that black heart. The edges were a soft white, and so there was some form of honesty, somewhere, but exactly what she could not say.
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-30-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    ... Sir, she growled into her mouth, throwing him the information. As well as the memories from down here, just so he knew what it was like.

I prefer 'my lord's if you must know, Stare. Get the elf ... But get the man also but cuff them both. I will not risk anything. And remember a set for our friend.

He said nothing more, and she continued to throw the emotions at the forefront of her mind.

Cuff them? I thought we were rescuing them.

Stare, shut the fuck up and get on with it. We do not have the time for to question me right now. She caught a glimpse of him rifling through a drawer full of papers. So he was in the office space already. Well? Get me my prisoners!

She flinched at the word, and ducked her head. Knowing his patience was waning and she could very easily make up the fourth prisoner in a matter of moments she took up the keys that she had grabbed from one of the corpses, and used it to open the door. Immediately she spied the elf sitting up, huge eyes wide and staring from the same darkness that Stare had been in not a few days prior.

Stare stepped in, knowing she looked awful drenched in blood. Simply she looked at the girl dully and didn't bother to drop the one knife she had still in hand. Instead she paused and said in a low voice:

"My employer and I just killed all the guards. I don't know why you are in here though, so I am going to have to ask you both to submit being cuffed ... It will make it easier."

The elf blinked a few times and let out a soft groan before just nodding and looking down.

"Front or back?" She asked.

Honest surprise flashed through Stare's eyes. She gave a quick glance to the man strung up at the wall. It was likely that he had heard, but his stance did not indicate he had listened. His eyes were set straight forwards.

"Him?" Stare gestured with her knife at the man, turning back to the elf, who paused and shook her head.

"I do not know," she murmured. "But he says things ..."

Stare breathed in, then looked around her until she found a useful number of chains and manacles. One seemed very similar to that which had held Stare. In fact it was in such a position and such a state that she reckoned it was.

Well, Vitruvion said it wanted something similar to what she had been bound in. The exact same thing should do fine. Stare bent down to pick it up. There was a small grunting gasp, and Stare looked up to see the elf at the back of the cell, face pale.

Stare considered her and what she had likely been through here. She shook her head as she heaved up the chains and flung them over her shoulder. Then beneath them, entangled into them she saw a set of handcuffs. Open and waiting. Without looking up she used a foot to slide them over to the elf.

"Front will do," she said, uncomfortably and trying not to think anymore.

There was a pause, then a series of light clicks as well as an uneasy groan. The scrape of steps, the awkward shuffling of someone bound. Finally Stare looked up when her instinct told her and she saw the elf around two metres away with her hands around her back. The elf suddenly turned and showed Stare her wrists, secured with the cuffs.

"I only want to get out of here," she said uneasily, her eyes always on Stare's.

Instantly Stare knew that the elf was telling the truth. With a short nod she herself turned, heading out of the cell, trying to ignore the shiver that ran down her spine.

"Just wait at the bottom of the stairs," the kenku asked. "Wait for me for your own safety."

And walked into the cell with the man.

His eyes, previously down and ignoring her finally drew up when Stare came in. They fixed onto her, as if her crossing his path directly was the only thing that made him see her. Stare knew he was different - that much was clear from the way he almost lounged against his restraints. Truly it was odd - it was if he was relaxed about this entire situation.

"If you didn't hear me speak to the elf," Stare began, "I said-"

"I know what you said, girl," the man growled back in a hiss. "And I don't care. I will not listen to the words of any ..." He spat the word. "slave."

Stare did what she did best - she stared at him, and focused into her mind. Problem here, she called internally, He knows what I am to you.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    He knows things.

The words resounded around her head like an echoing thunder. The sides of Stare's beak parted as the kenku gazed in shock. Nobody but her and Vitruvion knew about the advancement to their relationship.

Well, them aside from the Maester Rafael who had created the document for him and possibly Raevin. It was impossible for anyone to know, unless they were a mind reader. Yet Stare had not detected any magic from him at all, and mind reading needed at least a basic amount of power, supernatural energy or other ability. All of which he did not have.

Vitruvion! she yelled.

Bring the elf to me. Leave the man, come and chain our prisoner and I will deal with the man who knows.

She drew in breath, and then nodded. In all honesty she did not want to be reminded of this place more than she had to be. Swiftly she turned around and left, leaving the man in the dirt. He did not answer, and Stare did not look around to see what he was doing. Instead she strode forth, turning to come to see the elf in the corridor.

Her black hair fell across her face but it did not hide the pity in her eyes. Clearly she had heard what the man had said. Stare grunted and approached her, throwing her gaze up the stairs.

"Vitruvion will deal with him," she said in a low voice.

"He knows things," the elf murmured.

"Yeah I get that now." Stare moved past her and started up the steps.

There was a pause and for a moment the only sound was the click of claws and the patter of feet on the stonework. As they got to the top of the staircase the elf began to murmur.

"You're a-"

"My slave, yes, as deemed by the courts of Hernsford," said the rich voice from above. His white hair and coat were still in perfect order. Swiftly he was walking towards them down the corridor, picking his feet over the corpses. "And what did he tell you, elf?"

The elf took in a fast breath as she saw Vitruvion. Quickly she showed her willingness to comply and bowed from the waist, her manacles hands clear. "He told me my greatest secret too ... Sir. That ..."

Vitruvion raised his brows. "That ...?"

"That I am the bastard daughter of Nalith Celiniel," she whispered.

That name made both Stare and Vitruvion exchange uncomfortable looks. They knew who Nalith Celiniel was, or rather Lady General Nalith, steward and ruler of Raiaera. Both of them fell into stunned silence at the presence of the young elf maiden ... Who was in fact royalty, born out of wedlock or otherwise.

Vitruvion slowly turned around to the elf, and then suddenly inclined his head in a form of bow - something Stare had never seen him do.

"My lady," he responded. "I am Sir Vitruvion Elssmith, of Beinost, and this is ... Well Stare Tsakaka, my steward. I would entertain you were it not for the situation." He paused. "Pelase excuse me for now, however, but I must deal with this mongrel."

Twisting around he gave one nod at Stare before walking away, and striding down the stairs.

There was a long pause. Then the royal daughter spoke.

"I'm not royalty," she said quietly. "I never was. I'm just one of a handful of children that Lady Nalith had with her various lovers."

Stare nodded slowly. "We'll get you back to Beinost at least." She had a personal slight suspicion that Vitruvion might sieze on the opportunity to get a bastard royal as a new occupant for the Hollow. The thought made her sick to her stomach and in fact she was almost tempted to just let the elf go, onwards into Radasanth.

She was busy thinking of the pros and cons of this plan when the man who had been stunned before began to moan. Sucking in her breath Stare ran over and quickly began securing his hands and feet with the tight series of cuffs. Before he could fully gain consciousness she had bound him wrist to ankle behind him, with a loop of metal for his neck also. In the end he looked like a ridiculous prize for any needy bounty hunter.

"Will you do the same with me?"

Stare looked up to see the princess there, by the end of the corridor and closer to her. The hands were still behind her back, cuffed, and there was no sign of rising magic. The elf s eyes though were wondering over the mounds of corpses that had been made ... Though they were not surprised. Like she had wanted this to happen. Like she was used to it perhaps?

"You were kidnapped because you are royal, yes?" the kenku asked.

"Because of my mother, indeed. There seems to be some call out for children of Nalith. Even bastsrds," she shrugged in response.

Stare grunted, "And for kenkus. At least those attached to dickheads."

It took but a moment for the princess to understand. "You mean you ..."

Setting her jaw Stare looked away down the hall to where there had last met Vitruvion. When the man did not appear for several long seconds she glanced back to the lady.

"Five days," she admitted, "And ... you said your mother's name but not your own."

The elf paused. "I was given the name ... Merla."
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-30-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Two things soon happened.

First Vitruvion appeared at the top of the stairs that led to the cells. He had his knife drawn and it seemed to be soaked in fresh blood. The god strode with grim determination, coming to the kenku and the elf in a swift and desicive manner. As he came close he wiped his knife on a handkerchief that he spun from his jacket pocket.

"He will not be coming with us," he said with a strangely normal tone.

And he kept striding, right past the two females and towards the bound demon mage. Him awakening was the second thing to happen. As soon as he did so he began to shout and struggle, finding himself not in the same position as before. Stare saw his face screw up and his body began to shiver before Vitruvion came up and shoved his hand on the man's back. There was no pause for pity. Thin lines of white light spilled from Vitruvion's fingers to wrap themselves over the chains - making them tighter and likely magic proof.

"You arseho-"

Grabbing the same handkerchief Vitruvion shoved it in the man's mouth, muffling him. Once he was quite happy that his power dominated the minor demon mage's he looked back at Stare and Merla.

He paused. "This man attacked us earlier. He is now my prisoner," Vitruvion said, thinking as he spoke. "I do not want to draw a parralell to yourself however, lady, therefore ..."

He looked to Stare and waved a hand, gesturing. It took her a moment to completely understand, but then she breathed in, and took the keys in hand. Merla paused, but got what she was indicating and twisted her hands around. For a moment Stare considered not doing so - after all, how did they know the elf was not just decieving them - but she realised this was what she wanted. She herself had thought, briefly, about allowing Merla the chance of escape ... And Stare a chance of extreme Vitruvion retribution.

Sliding the key in she unlocked the elf's cuffs. Then, stepping back, she took them away, her body tense, eyes resdy to do ... Well anything.

But the elf just let out a soft sigh, and stood there. Then, twisting around she sank into the lowest, more graceful curtsey. To Vitruvion.

"My lord," she held out her hands before her. "I owe you my sanity and potentially my life. I have nothing, I would go back to nothing but a life of running if I left here on my own."

She paused and rose, nibbling the corner of her mouth. Stare could imagine what was going through her head. 'Do I really want to throw my lot in with this man?' The answer in the kenku's mind was, 'Hell no.'

"If you know of anywhere, have connections to anything that can take me in, I would be in your debt. I have few skills and little magic. One that cannot be of much use ... well." She paused. "I am a goldsmith, I can make certain elements change to gold under severely limited constructs. Not very useful for an elf," Stare saw Vitruvion's eyes flicker with interest though. Even though he had enough wealth as is, she knew his mind would already be working overtime. Certainly it explained the elf's golden power lines.

"Also," Merla went on, "I don't have any right to royalty, and all I have made because of it are enemies." She sucked in her breath. "Thus I would ask you, sir, for you clearly have power and know laws even as far as Hernsford ... Are you able to assist?"
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-30-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Vitruvion paused for a long, accumulating moment, his blue eyes. He kept standing near the victimised mage, who was still huffing through his gag - but no more. Truly, he was no longer a threat. The god bent slowly to pick up the end of his cane he had left on the floor, taking the time to think, before he inserted the dagger back into it, then straightened to address Merla.

"You are here because an individual or society presumably put a price for your live capture?" He asked.

"I can only presume so, sir," Merla agreed, keeping her eyes level to his but her head lowered.

Vitruvion seemed to like the respect she gave him, despite his act of deference to her earlier. Now it seemed that because she was asking a boon of him (and a second, for he had already freed her) he was willing to take the superior position. He was no stranger to such a thing.

With apprehension Stare waited for his reply. She knew that Merla being fair of face and royal, and had a mark of defiance in her, she fitted his requirements for a 'guest' at the Hollow. That or Vitruvion might just use Merla's very rare ability to make a massive amount of money quickly. As her hands ground into fists and she began to feel the true anxiety of such a thing she decided to act, the thought having been in her head now for far too long. Slowly she stepped forwards and opened her beak to start.

"No," Vitruvion commanded, in a full, powerful tone. His cane swept up and the end pointed right at her - but his eyes remained on Merla. "Don't even think about it, girl."

"But-" Stare began.

"We have much to discuss already, and anything that you are thinking can be talked about later. Right now, however, this is my business, my decision. You have no say in the matter." He lowered his cane. "At all, Stare."

What I do with her is my business, he continued internally. You will not ruin any opportunity for me. He paused, making it look from the exterior like it was continuing to consider. Merla blinked, confused at the outburst but remained silent. We need, in general, to have a discussion about you obeying my orders in situations like this. In private, in less ... Tense situations I can allow your opinion, but not when I am not in the mood, not when I need your obedience.

He went quiet for a moment, as if testing her. Stare, however, remained silent, simply glaring at him with all the fury she felt at being stripped of her power.

"I accept, Lady Merla," he suddenly said, a glint in his eye. "I have many contacts and am always on the need for connections." He leant down and with one hand grabbed the neck chain of the man beneath him. A painful, muffled cry came out as well as a choke, but Vitruvion did nothing more than smile as he dragged the man half off the floor. "Tell me, would you rather work here or in Raiaera?"

And he started to walk, literally pulling the mage along behind him. The man's bent legs and his entire form was under severe stress and pain as he was taken over the corpses of his former comrades, to a place where he was going to be tortured. Possibly for days.

Vitruvion gestured for them both to follow. Grinding the sides of her beak together Stare began to move, and caught the brief, but concerned look of Merla in her eye.

"'Slave', remember," Stare spat.

"That's not everything, though, is it?" Merla murmured to her. "He doesn't ... Treat you like I've seen masters treat their slaves before. Hernsford law is the only way he could have a hold of you here and in Raiaera, but-"

"Stare is a special case," Vitruvion said from up ahead. "If you do not mind, Lady Merla, it is a private matter and a secret for a reason. If you ... Do not mind answering my question?"

Merla paused, and glanced from an unamused Stare to the back of Vitruvion and the bulk of a victim behind him and she paused, before ducking her head. Stare wondered if she considered that she had made a mistake asking for help - although she had known about Vitruvion's meglomania and bloodthirstiness before hand. She had seen his treatment of the mage.

"Raiaera," she admitted. "Though I am not wanted there, it is my home."

"I can offer you direct employment, or that from a connection. Though I say so myself I treat anyone in my employment with dignity and respect, even if they are as belligerent as Stare there. I run various operations."

Wait, so you're not taking her into the Hollow? Stare was then questioning, confused.

Just shut up, he hissed back. He started up the stairs to the outside, letting the mage bounced off them. The man squirmed but found he could still not get out. A look into the aura sight told Stare that his own chakras were basically constrained by white veins of power - Vitruvion's.

"I ..."

"I cannot guarantee the integrity of any of my connections," Vitruvion admitted. "But you have asked, and I have replied, Lady Merla. Do you need time to consider?"

"Most definitely," she said quickly. "I have very little ... Nothing, really, but my power. It is how I get by, if I can find the materials I need, if I can at all. I really do not have my family name anymore. Never did, really."

He nodded slowly and they got the top most corridor where Stare had spilt first blood. Vitruvion smirked and walked right over it, heading to the light.

"Well, what I propose is this. Stare and I require a few more days in the city. I can send you back, now, to my estate at Beinost where you will be treated well, and you may consider my offer."

He paused, looking at the door he had ruined and then moving outside. "How is this?"

Merla paused, and stared from the kenku to the god, lips parting in awe. She no longer regarded the captured mage, as if he did not exist.

"I guess I accept," she said in a confident, admitting voice.

"Good," Vitruvion smiled, the light touching his skin once more. "Just one more question - how are you with organisation?"
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-30-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu

They gained back to the hotel in the mid afternoon. Vitruvion hid the mage with a strange kind of invisiblity spell that Stare had only seen him use once before. Apparently he could not do complete invisiblity, but rather constructed a way that made people completely disregard them. Their eyesight just slipped over their company, and as long as they did not directly interact with them and were careful he managed to drag a chained body through the streets of Radasanth and into the hotel suite.

"Throw that in the closet, will you?" He threw the man on the ground.

Stare raised her brows as she began to reduce her baggage. "You want me to ... In the closet?"

"We have nowhere else to put him," the god responded, "That or-" he paused. "The room beyond that. There. Leave him chained of course."

Stare blinked at him, thinking in her mind, But that is my room. Though she had not spent her night there, because of Vitruvion's strange requirement for company in his bed the night before, it still had her belongings in it and she definitely intended to stay there that night. Her eyes glanced briefly to Merla, who was standing in her rags in the centre of the fancy sitting room, awkward as a rabbits amongst hares. Truly, the elf had to be given some commendation for putting up with the strange, power-lusty white haired man and his bizarre kenku slave, who had a dynamic that seemed to shift constantly. Yet still here she was, saying nothing and letting the organisation of god and employee entact before her.

"Yes, that same room. Take him, make the space, leave him. Yes?"

Looking back over to him she grunted, before turning around and heading to the mage. It made some form of sense. She guessed she would just sleep on an armchair the next night. Grabbing his chain she groaned, not feeling any pity for the merciless kidnapper who endorsed rape and force-feeding, and was likely connected also with the mysterious 'brother' in all of this.

Yes - the brother! After all this she had forgotten him, in the heat of the moment with Merla and the man who knew secrets, Stare had completely forgotten about the whole issue. Standing straight up she gazed back at Vitruvion, the question clear in her mind. What had he found in the office, if anything? What had the mysterious secret man said that had made him need to meet his end? What did Vitruvion plan on doing with the mage? What was the idea next? What-?

Lady Merla first, all of that second, he told her.

And it took a long moment of looks between them for Stare to accept it and leave, heaving the lump behind her.

Once she was out of ear shot, Vitruvion moved closer to Merla, his tall, handsome form filling her view. Close to her he suddenly focused in and spoke in a low, quick tone.

"There is one condition on working for me," he practically whispered, "If that is what you truly wish. You say you are good at organisation, and believe it or not I am a very dire need for such a person," he watched the elf, who gazed up him with large eyes, her reaction to his stance before her mild supplication. When he took too long to continue she nodded.

"I am decent at it," she murmured back, "My basic bastard royalist education came with learning numbers, administration, languages and theory. It is usual practise as my kind are excepted to go into government positions."

"Well," Vitruvion continued, regarding her with a nod. "That is near perfect then. We simply need to ensure you can fit into the household and society. However," and he clasped his hands over his cane. "Right, two things rather than one. One, I have made an agreement with Stare that the truth of her physical bondage to me is to remain a secret. I would require for you to keep that. The second is that ..."

He paused and glanced over to the other rooms, just to ensure no one was watching. Instead a door clicked closed.

"A requirement that you respect both Stare and another employee of mine, Captain Raevin. They run my estates, my businesses and, every single one of my employees is adherant to one or the other. They deserve every regard."

Merla blinked. "If you do not mind me saying, sir, you do not treat Stare the same ..."

"She is mine, and she had no choice in the matter, Lady Merla, and sometimes she needs to be reminded where her loyalties lie. I make her life difficult, I know, but she makes mine hard also. Still, I require her to be respected, because she deserves it, despite what-" he paused. "They are my issues, my problems to deal with. No others. Unlike the rest of everyone I employ there is the chance that they can walk away, or I can fire them and never need to see them again, but not Stare." He tapped a long finger on the cane and admitted it. "I cannot let her go. For reasons you would never understand. But think of it simply as I believe her and my souls are bound together, in a way that few can comprehend."