Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    I raised an eyebrow as Hyperion returned, the scent of warm chocolate preceding her into the room. The tray of cookies that she set down beside the tea things did look appetizing, and my lunch had been interrupted by.... By something. I shook my head with a frown and picked up one of the cookies, holding it in my hand as I looked to the masked women.

"Oh yes. There are quite a few variants in this region that - Miss Hyperion, these are delicious - that have either grown to an unusual size or have differing qualities due to the salt content in the air, soil, and nearby water." I had bit into the cookie and chewed and swallowed as I spoke. Warming them was an excellent touch. "There are plants growing in this region that I've only seen in specialized hothouse, or just read about. I've taken some samples but I'll have to experiment with them - some of the things here I've never even heard of before."

As I poke, I nodded to the bag sitting by my feet. The samples I had obtained before stopping for food were gathered there, and thankfully it looked like the satchel hadn't been damaged in flight from... The thing in the woods. Another frown and I rubbed a temple before shaking it off and smiling at my hosts.

"Apologies. It seems the stress is getting to me a bit."
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    "Have another cookie," Hype said, her amber eyes flickering with polite concern. "Chocolate always makes me feel better when I'm stressed!"

We both knew that the poison was starting to take effect. The momentary look of being lost in their eyes as it started to erase select parts of their recent memory--In about an hour, all that would be left of the Nevin's day would be our conversation. He wouldn't remember this room, this compound, this area of the forest, and certainly not the briarbane that stalked the underbrush, ever vigilant for trespassers.

He'd probably remember the cookies, though. The poison is only so powerful, and they are very good.

I decided it was time to get down to business. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the alchemist was mostly harmless, and it was pretty obvious that he was excited to happen across some unfamiliar flora, thanks to my home's proximity to the western shores of Corone. I never really went out to explore that area myself, given that my studies are mostly disease-related. I haven't the need to jam some dirty roots in a mortar and pestle anymore. But, perhaps Nevin had some things in his shop that I'd need down the line. The boy did mention that he sort of specializes in healing items. Perhaps we could come to an agreement where I'd ship him shit from Concordia in exchange for ingredients and potions I could use to develop treatments for the nasty things I'm always cooking up in the cellar lab.

"I have an idea," I said thoughtfully. Nevin's eyes lit up inquisitively.

"As you know, I don't like it when people trespass on my property. I've had bad experiences in the past, and plenty of people would love to see my head on a stake. So I have to make sure nobody shows up on my doorstep. And if you think you might find use for the plants that grow here, then that's great. I'm not one to stifle someone's research."

I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees and knotting my gloved hands together. "So I'm going to propose something simple. You can take with you what you've already grabbed, but in the future I'd like for you to stay out of my forest. Once a month, I can have a stock gathered by my briarhearts and shipped to your store in Stonevale. We can keep in touch via courier, so you can update me on the progress of your research and give me an update how many samples you need for potions and powders and shit. I'll make the deliveries myself, to guarantee that they get there in one piece."

Amber light flickered from my eyes. "How does that sound?"

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Chocolate did help with stress, that was true. At least with the mental effects. Probably one of the substances in the delicious food was responsible for that. That, or just it being delicious in general. I finished the cookie I had and took another one, bowing my head to Miss Hyperion as I did so. Then Madison sat forward, and outlined a proposal for me, and I raised an eyebrow as I thought it over.

The deal was...strange. It seemed to favor me far more than it did her. Perhaps she valued her privacy that highly? Or also a possibility, she was that much of a proponent of alchemy that she didn't mind helping another alchemist out. Still, I felt a bit bad about taking advantage of her like this when she was offering to help me out in such a way. But...how to make it more equitable? She was offering to bring these things to me, how could I...? Ah. Her focus perhaps? She had studied diseases, whereas I focused more primarily on healing agents and the like. Was she then, offering to help me out in this way, in exchange for future favors, possibly for information on discoveries I make? Hm. My head swam for a moment and I shook it, trying to focus back in on the conversation.

"That... sounds like quite the beneficial arrangement, Miss Madison. I can't deny that not having to come out here to gather supplies would increase the speed with which I do research on the plant life in the area - there is only so much I can carry by myself after all. I'll have to think of something I can offer you to even the bargain but... I don't think that will be now... Apologies, it's becoming...." Ah. If she wasn't offering to help me in the future, I might have thought that Madison and Hyperion had poisoned me. I dropped one hand to my leg and pressed against the artery there, trying to check my pulse - it seemed only mildly elevated, so I wasn't reacting to something unknown. I shook my head roughly, bringing the women back into focus as I stood up. My motions didn't seem unsteady in the least, just difficult to think straight.

Likely a result of the adrenaline rush that I had experienced running through the woods from....whatever had been chasing me. I frowned. That was strange. I remembered being terrified, but of what? I couldn't picture what it was that had chased me....where? I remembered...water? But.... I was near the sea. Maybe I fled from something by the ocean? There were certainly enough predators in the waters that could be a threat, and the ocean was something I hadn't put a lot of time into studying yet.

"Perhaps I should take my leave now, ladies. I seem to be rather exhausted, and I believe i should make it back to my camp and rest. By your leave?"
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    I smiled behind my mask as I watched the alchemist, his mannerisms becoming more tired, his speech becoming a touch slurred. The poison was working.

"Don't worry too much about repayment. I don't have much need right now, but I might want a few things from your shop down the line. I'm not going to hold it over your head; I'll just make a few requests for potions or ingredients for my own work."

Nevin rose from his seat on shaky feet. Hype was immediately at his side, offering to steady him by draping his arm around her shoulder.

"If you insist on leaving, then I will help you back to your camp," she cooed. "We can't have our new friend collapse in the woods from exhaustion! That would be rude and unbecoming of us!"

I stood as well, knowing that our meeting was coming to a close. I picked up the tea tray and the leftover cookies, stuffing one in my mouth as I turned towards the door. "You'll be safe as long as Hyperion is with you. It was a pleasure meeting you, Nevin. I look forward to working with you in the future."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    My arm was taken and I was steadied as Madison told me she looked forward to working with me in the future. I honestly felt terrible about suddenly leaving like this, when they had been such gracious hosts to someone who unexpectedly dropped in on them like this. But my head was aching rather fiercely at this point, and I knew that if Hyperion hadn't come over to support me I probably would have ended up collapsing on the floor. Hardly becoming, especially when I had only known these women for.... For a short time.

"Indeed Miss Madison, and I look forward to working with you in the future as well. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in Stonevale for the long term,
    but I will make certain to alert you when I relocate. You'll have to let me know if your bodies can.. Can handle the same substances that human ones can - I would feel terrible if I gave you something your body couldn't process."
    Not to mention the fact that I despised working and having my potions be ineffective on someone. Or working in entirely the wrong manner - like what had happened with Fenn the first time I met him.

Hyperion was gentle and kind as she helped me out of the building - soothing noises came from her, as well as a potent, heavy wave of lilac perfume. I was only able to give her a rough estimate of where my camp had been - my flight from the ocean had scrawled the directions in my head. Thankfully she seemed to know the lay of the land quite well, and not too much time passed before we had reached my small little camp. Aphrael met us there, perched on the end of my tent, and she trilled a greeting to the woman helping me - which I translated, then explained my familiar before weakly breaking free from the plant-woman's support.

I bid Hyperion goodbye, and waited for her to leave before crawling into my tent and falling asleep. I felt like I was missing something, but for the life of me I could not place what it was. Still, Aphrael watched over me and let me sleep in peace.

~Fin~
    Last edited by Nevin; 11-06-2017 at 03:37 PM.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Name of Thread: In Which The Tea Might Be Poisoned
    No Judgement

Rewards:

Nevin
    receives:
    1320 EXP
    135 Gold

Briarheart receives:
    1940 EXP
    125 Gold

Blood is that fragile scarlet tree we carry within us. ~Osbert Sitwell

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
    Last edited by Philomel; 11-06-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    All rewards have been added.