Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin shifted, straightening his back as she explained to them her plan. It was more than he could have hoped for - even a few days of training with someone who was actually skilled in combat would give him a basis to learn off of - that was how he had trained himself in alchemy to this point, and he felt that he was fairly accomplished in that regard. He bowed to his head to her.

"For myself, Lady, that is more than agreeable. Four days of training is more than I have had so far, and I will put everything I have into learning what you offer. I...there is a place that I wish to see destroyed, and getting started on making me capable of helping in that will suit me quite well. I can only hope that I will be able to accomplish the test you set before me." And he did hope that he would be successful in this. Being able to defend himself would be a huge help - it was starting to become problematic, that he was left to fumble and desperately fight to achieve any hope of victory, when others were actually trained. It would also make his exploration much easier to accomplish - not having to worry about random animal or bandit attacks would be a huge help.

He didn't know what Sketch's overall goal was - he knew the man wanted to learn more about the beings he summoned, but would knowing how to fight help in that regard? Still. It would be nice to have at least one face he recognized somewhere on the ship - Lady Philomel was somewhat friendly, but until he had finished his tutelage under her he wouldn't dare get too close. Aside from her, he had already seen that at least one of these warrior women - that ....why does that remind me of something? - did not care for him at all. Sketch being here to take some of the attention off of him would....help his sanity, he felt.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch beamed at the captain, and he gave again, a steep bow, "Ma'am, for four days, I shall give you everything I am in order to accomplish the training as effectively as possible." Four days, he'd work so hard that he'd sweat blood during these four days. He would learn everything he could, and set out with his new weapon once it was forged, pursuing the name that the witch had given him. "The Unfettered King" was a question he needed an answer to, and he hoped with the training under his belt, that he'd be ready to brave the dangers to find them.

He thought over what Nevin had said. There is a place I wish to see destroyed. Sketch pondered over the words, and wondered just how little the alchemist was keeping from him. He was afraid of the man going off by himself, and he knew that he would be greatly saddened if anything happened to his friend. "Nevin, I know not what you intend to do or face in your future, but know that if you ever require my assistance, all you ever need do is ask.
    You've aided me time and again, and my life would be lessened by your absence. You are one I truly name as a friend, and that means much to me."

Captain, Veridian, I know that we both came and imposed on you, and I thank you for taking us in. The debt I owe you both can't be easily repaid, but should you ever ask it, know that I will be there for you as well." Sketch felt that it was his obligation to the captain to fulfill any request she presented to him, and that the pair of them would be stout allies in the future. He was excited to see what the next days held for them, and he was determined to give everything he had to master his lessons and make sure that the captains efforts didn't go to waste.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    "Well, with that," and Philomel stood, pleased.

Calmly, she brushed off the minor dirt that had gathered over her when her rough ghost of the Grym Grumpy had fallen away to pieces. It came in small tufts from her fur, and needed a good beating for a couple of seconds, ending with a good patter of her hooves. Afterwards she slid down her hands over her elegant and perfectly made armour, ridding it of the minor blemishes therein. A small scuff remained on the side of her left breast but she decided it could wait until later, and thus she finished her cleaning with a short and simple nod.

"I am pleased we have come to an accord. What I suggest now is that you eat your fill and then join the ladies back down below. A further part of the Serpent's Trance will be taught by Glenda, of which I recommend you complete. After that I will show you to your sleeping quarters, if you are willing to stay here-"

There was a sudden, delighted squeal. The faun looked abruptly over to the edge of the ship, where the harbour was. From her standing vantage point she could see the source of the cry - a small figure skipping its way up the jetty. Brown hair, a bright silvery weapon in hand - instantly Philomel knew who it was, and what she needed to do. Break off, and get away.

She paused. "If that is not of comfort for you, then there are ... inns on shore that I am associated with, where you can stay for free. All of this," she gestured around her, "Will cost you nothing, do not worry on that point. My crew need training anyway, and so the costs are entirely included. I need to go now however."

Leaning down she extended a hand. In a matter of a few lithe strokes Veridian took the hint and climbed on, first digging his claws into her vembraces, and then launching his body up to her pauldron. Once there he balanced his long, elegant body around her shoulders and arranged himself like a rich lady's scarf. He could have gotten away with it, peeking as he did behind her violet hair, were it not for the fact his tail twitched and his golden eyes blinked. After a moment he entirely relaxed, letting out a breath of air and leaning against her neck.

Philomel looked from man to man, and then gestured at the food that still remained there. "As I say, eat, be merry. And discuss amongst yourselves where you would care to rest your heads. But yes," she looked back up to the harbour, where now a second figure had appeared - a man with hands in his pockets. "I need to go."

And then she nodded a little, before turning, and heading quickly down to the gangway.

Where her small, grinning daughter was tottering up to her.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin watched her go down the ship, and he had stood up himself to look over at who had squealed so loudly like that. The man felt his eyes go wide as he saw the two figures - a small child and a rather large man - and several things that hadn't made sense before suddenly clicked into place with almost painful clarity. Now he knew why Lady Philomel had seemed so familiar even though he knew he had never seen her before. And it was why the thought of her having an army of warrior women had reminded him of something.

So, the little one's predictions had come true. That was... Terrifying. Those who could pierce the veil of time would always have tremendous and terrible impacts on the world around them. He wondered if Philomel knew of her daughter's gift. It was definitely something she needed to be aware of - and preferably before any of the foul forces that inhabited this world learned of it. Normally he would never break another's secret - but Celandine was a small child still, and Philomel her mother. If anyone needed to know, it was the Faun - and Vaeron as well, as her guard.

Time enough to share that later - he would be spending time every day with Philomel, training and learning how to use a whip with her. For now, he would need to deal with.... Glenda. The woman's irritation with him would not ruin the chance he had to learn, he refused to let that happen. He took a deep breath and gripped his practice sword tightly.

"Well my friend. It seems that our efforts to find a trainer have paid off in a bounty. I can only hope that our training bears fruit. Now then. I don't know about you, but I think eating fast and returning to... Glenda, will best be done quickly. I also think, finding out from Lady Philomel where she has lodgings on land will be a good idea for myself - I don't think Glenda likes me much. " That said, the Alchemist quickly prepared himself a wrap of food, shoving meats and veggies into a chunk of bread which practically vanished down his throat. He shot a grimace at his friend and headed downstairs, once more subjecting himself to Glenda' barked orders on what to do.

Getting a room on land was a brilliant idea for him. He already had an idea of what those 'inns' were - he'd been in one already. Hmm. Yes, staying on land would be an excellent idea. And it would give him a chance to break this dry spell - the man had been celibate for long enough now. Relationships wouldn't work for him - but his gold would spend as well as any others'. Getting around his issue of showing skin would be the hardest part in that regard, but he couldn't fathom that he was the only customer who didn't want to bare his skin. And he had learned that people here in Corone didn't care about that much about his skin - or blood magic.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch sat and watched as Nevin ate his food like, well, Sketch did. The alchemist must really want to go back to his training. The storyteller was extremely excited to begin again as well. Sketch ran a hand through his shaggy hair, grabbed a plate and began to eat alongside his friend. The lean man attempted to fill up as much as he could so he'd have the energy to try the footwork with a weapon this time.

Sketch already had a room in town, he always tried to have a job lined up when he took prolonged stays in a place. He figured that if he wanted to continue doing the training, and his job as a storyteller, he'd be tired indeed. The "Whistling Pig" was a fantastic little place, right in the center of town, surrounded by cafes and shops.

Sketch was feeling refreshed after a good meal in his stomach and water in his system. He picked up his sickle and walked back to Glenda, the quaint woman who'd been kind enough to help him out when he was struggling. "Alright madam, I'm ready to continue. Where would you like me to begin?"

"Ay Stretch. Have a good lunch with the captain then? Well, back ta work ya wee twig. I want ya ta follow me exactly, watch my wrists." Glenda began to trace her blade in the air in a series of straight thrusts and twisting motions with the weapon. Sketch tried to follow along as best as he could, getting corrections as he made mistakes. After 30 minutes or so, Sketch's wrist started getting heavy, and his reactions began to slow. Glenda caught the lack of strength, "Stretch, if ya want to do this, ya need to do this right. Work through the pain lad."

Sketch did his best to keep up with Glenda's movements, and when she left to go help others in their practice, he continued. Eventually, he was out of breath and sweating hard. He felt as if his wrist was on fire, but he felt good and fairly capable of doing this on his own, at least in practice. He took a quick break, and soaked his wrist in a barrel of cold water. Sketch felt the elation of a good, defining workout.

After a few minutes of soaking his wrist, he shook it out, and it felt relatively workable. Glenda came over and drew her weapon, "Alright kid,
    yer looking halfway decent. Yer wrist 'ell get tougher as you practice. Now, yer gonna put both lesson's together. These lessons er gonna get rough as ya work yer body."
    She moved in full fluid motions, combining both the footwork and the thrusts, parries and slices that she'd taught earlier. Sketch worked through these movements and tried to keep up. Mastering these moves would take more than just an afternoon, but he felt he had a strong basis to work on.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    That evening the two gentlemen were invited to go to lay their heads to rest on the pillows of a fine 'inn' near the harbour called the Maiden and the Fighter. In it they would find various women and a singular pair of men who were quite particularly dressed. They would be greeted with fine smiles and led to private rooms. Apologies would be given as forwarding for the possibility of disturbing noises through the nights.

The next day the sun rose high and the exercises of the former day took place. Glenda placed them through set two of the Serpent's Trance, a series of rigurous lunges and backstabs. Halfway through a small child stumbled into place and practised with them. Her hair was a stream of chestnut and her legs were those of a goat with hooves. With a small blouse she held a steel scimitar over her head and began swishing and kicking with the rest of them.

Ten minutes later it was clear she had done all of this before. She was, as the people rumoured, the darling of the crew, and a princess. Though just an apparent age of five, she swept through the movements as easy as the eldest and most experienced of the warriors there.

As the time came to an end, and people were heaving and puffing and wiping sweat. From their brows, the young girl stood up straight. She looked left to right and seemed entirely uneffected by the entire thing. Frowning she sheathed her blade and then went to walk off, wandering like a lost princess.

The rest of the people began to push out, going to the sides to relax and calm, get their hearts back to a normal beating order. They breathed, they chatted little, they sat back and sank down, the floor emptying little by little.

Making a wide berth in the centre, into which two women strode. One a faun, the mightiest of fauns, who was drawing her long white, slightly curved blade. And the other Glenda herself. Slowly the two of them strode, fresh faced and bright and they came to stand opposite one another. The crowds fell silent apart from the shocked heart thinks and the gasps and murmurs.

Philomel their leader faced off against Glenda and smirked. She counted loud:

"ONE. TWO."

And then.

They ran at each other.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Training for Nevin ended up divided into three segments. The first, and most time consuming one, ate about half of his days, was the training in the foot work and some training in sword play. While he would not be a master swordsman, he at least at this point wouldn't hurt himself in trying to use a sword to fight if he had to. The main thing he picked up from this training was actually footwork - he learned to move around, dancing through combat and around people. He actually ended up aggravating a few of the warrior women - because he took to avoiding hits with an almost unnatural glee, and focused his own blows on 'bleeding' attacks. No heavy strikes, but fast and light cuts that would debilitate if they hadn't been using blunted practice swords. And since he never went in for power blows, they found it hard to catch him off balance - which just frustrated them more. But they did amuse themselves whenever Glenda came by and forced him to fight the way they were - most of the women didn't blame him for not doing that. It was obvious that while he was getting stronger, he had focused on raising his studies rather than his physique, so for now in a direct match he ended up worse than any of them. Still, they didn't take it easy on him when he was forced to fight in more direct blows. But for the four days, half of each spent doing this, he poured everything into this, engraving the training into his mind as he worked. He would be able to practice these moves even after they had finished training, so memorizing everything he could would only serve him well in the future.

His second project was the training sessions with Philomel on learning how to fight with whips. Her strategy focused on using the whip to deal blunt damage, or to bind her foes, as most whips were meant more as supplemental weapons than as something intended for direct combat. Combining the whip binding targets with her obvious skill with a sword gave the Faun captain a devastating advantage, as she left her targets vulnerable to attack. Nevin did his best to pick up what she was teaching him - even if he didn't have the same strategy in mind, binding foes in the coils of his barbed whip would be, if anything, even more dastardly. After all, being trapped inside of the barbs would just make it so that when they struggled, they would tear up their flesh. Aside from that, he focused on glancing, indirect blows - meant to whittle away at his foes and slowly strip them of flesh and blood as his barbs carved away skin and the plynt absorbed their blood. A nasty weapon, and not one that looked enticing, as he finally got it made and showed it to the Faun.

During those training sessions, he also made sure to tell her about meeting Celandine back in Stonevale - he didn't mention what Vaeron had been purchasing, but he did mention having seen the man. But the real reason he brought it up was to make sure that the Faun knew of her daughter's prophetic abilities. It seemed she had already known, but she did appreciate the heads up - though she didn't know why Celandine had 'seen' them meeting. She also asked him to keep it quiet - it seemed like him, she was aware of the dangers posed to those with the power to see into the future. That accomplished, he did start talking with her about other things when they took the time to rest between training.

After that, after the day of training on the ship, he would go back to the 'inn' and spend coin, and then 'train' with the women there. He picked up massaging - among other things - and decided that this was a skill he would be sure to continue training even after this. Aside from that it was...relaxing to have this form of release once more, after years of celibacy.

A member of the NevCrew:

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Title: Philomel Fight Club
    Judgment Type: No Judgment

Nevin receives 1100 EXP and 110 GP!

Philomel receives 1452 EXP and 100 GP!

The Crooked Knight receives 704 EXP and 88 GP!

Congratulations!

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    All rewards added.