Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)

Castle of the Bloody Night (Open) {October Event!}

The countryside around the broken castle was ruined, desolate. What vegetation tried to grow there only came forth as twisted, stunted mockeries of what they should be, dying off and withering into desiccated husks within days. The very soil itself seemed grey and dead, lying as lifeless as the stones that were embedded in it. The animals that survived here were one and all scavengers, emaciated caricatures of healthy creatures that they once were.

Not even the sky was safe from the depressing atmosphere. There was no clear sky, no bright sun, or dark starlit sky. Instead there were dark grey clouds that hung over everything, stretching as far as the eye could see. No light seemed to pierce through the cloud cover - but at the same time, it also never seemed to get darker, locking the land in a gloomy monotone.

The air itself was thick with ash or dust, it was hard to tell which. Visibility was poor, and carrying a torch only let one see about fifty feet out. Beyond that, grey shadows stretched into the thick atmosphere, until finally one could see no farther.

The only thing that rose up to break the monotony of the landscape was the destination of many travelers now - brave souls, wary souls, Adventurers, and wanderers alike. A large imposing castle stood silhouetted against the sky, the upper reaches of the keep piercing through the clouds and disappearing from sight. Outwardly, it looked like it had seen better days - the outer wall had been reduced to rubble, the stones all across the outside showed signs of fire and other damage.

Strangely, the large doors that server as entrance to the castle stood, proud and intact, strong wood coated in a burgundy enamel with gold filigree designs across it. The designs seemed to shift as someone looked at it, and no two people saw the same design - in fact, people rarely saw the same design twice.

It was this castle that was Nevin’s destination. He had heard rumors that somewhere here, deep in the grey dead region of Tular, someone or something was taking blood from people. So he had come, fearing another, darker branch of the Church of Crimson had sprung up here, hidden in seclusion. One hand rested on his whip as he adjusted the thick scarf he was using to block out the choking air, making it was secure around his face.

His dark eyes scanned the horizon, trying to pierce the gloom. The alchemist had set up a temporary camp a distance from the ruined gates of the castle, and had laboriously gathered and stoked a large bonfire. He hoped to draw other travelers together before venturing into the castle itself - but he was also on guard, praying that he didn't draw unwanted attention. Only time would tell.

Hey y’all, this is open! Trying to get a thing going for the October event! If you join this thread I hope you're willing to write some solo stuff - warning now that we’re going to get split up. I also hope you're willing to help take down the villainous fiend who has made his home here!
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    The landscape is terribly bleak, Sketch thought to himself, the dusty wind moving through his dark, grey flecked hair. He could feel a sense of despair in the land, almost if some painter had tried to create a scene to fit some horror novel. The cawing of crows around him seemed to further exaggerate the since of forlorn tragedy.He tried to brush the ashy dust off of his black and grey pin stripped suit, wishing he'd brought a cloak that could help hide him from the winds.

He'd originally come to the area to see if the recent troubles and changes had been caused by a Grym running amok, he'd heard enough terrible stories about some creatures that he couldn't discount that a Grym could have formed from them. He started to doubt the possibility as he walked along however, Grym left survivors, someone to tell their tales and increase the fear that they fed on. The area he was in looked completely abandoned, and he hadn't seen another person in a few days.

The trip was getting arduous, he'd ran out of his sleeping medicine a few days back, which meant that Sketch wasn't in the happiest of moods. Having sentient nightmares invade your dreams tended to leave one a bit sleep deprived. The bags under his eyelids were becoming more and more pronounced as the sleep debt increased. He hoped he could find a bed somewhere soon. Eventually, a large building on the horizon broke the drab scenery.

The castle was a large blade piercing the sky as it came in to view. It was a jagged, broken place that radiated a sense of discomfort just from looking at it. As Sketch moved closer to the place, his pace having increased due to the excitement, he could see large cracks running through parts of the walls, and giant chucks of rubble scattering the landscape. He saw the telltale glow of a campfire closer to the structure, the red glow casting a red tone to combat the surrounding grey, and it seemed to give off a sense of hope.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    ((Let me know if this needs to be changed, I took a couple liberties))

The campfire drew wanderers like moths to a torch. Soon a small group had formed around it, weary travelers glad to warm their hands. Some spoke of their journies while others stood in silence, but all conversation cut off as a grating groan rolled across the plains.

The castle gates swung open, slowly, almost mockingly, their voice harsh with rust and disuse. From the darkness within strode a lone man... although he could not have been just a man.

His pace and his posture displayed absolute confidence, yet the expression on his face spoke of modesty and nonchalance. The Y-shaped scars beneath his hazel eyes stood out like trail markers on the path to his identity. His close cropped brown hair appeared immaculate, his black sifan clothing seemed freshly washed and pressed, and his matching boots shone as though recently buffed. He gave a subtle smile as he approached the group of travelers around the fire.

Those who carried weapons put hands to hilts. There was a shuffling of feet and a rattling of metal as all present turned to face the strange man.

"I mean you no harm," he said, raising empty hands. "My name is Joshua Cronen. I am a traveler, much like all of you." His voice was smooth, his diction impeccable. The choking ash in the air did not seem to touch him, as though kept at bay by an invisible force. An aura of cleanliness and strong vitality surrounded him, and the wanderers parted to make room by the fire.

The broad-shouldered man's smile grew as he warmed his palms, looking around at the questioning faces. They were curious. They wanted to know what he had seen and experienced inside the towering castle. Either propriety or fear of the potential answer stayed their tongues.

I wonder who will be the first to ask?

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    A small pop in the air occured then, cutting off the last few words of Joshua's speech. There was a faint white-blue light, and out from the ether appeared a strange figure, dressed in a dull silver grey. She landed on two clawed feet spread wide apart between trees and fire and as she did she let out a mighty gasp.

And doubled over, wheezing.

"Oh sorry," she waved a hand at Joshua, just seeing the pose that everyone was in. Shocked, amazed, eyes glued to a man who had strode through iron gates of the massive castle up on the hill. "I interrupt-"

She suddenly retched then, throwing up air and nothing else. Still, however, it sounded awful, the noise making worms wriggle away in fear and birds angrily caw back at her. Being half bird herself, with the long pointed beak, sable feathers and scaly bent legs of a raven, she looked back at them and coughed back a similar noise.

"Oh fecking ... Stupid demonic country," she cursed. "Ruins everything to do with celestial magic ..." She ground the sides of her beak together and attempted to readjust her half helmet and chainmail hauberk back to a neat presentation - as the last of her chokes wrecked her body.

After three more she seemed to be done, and she stood, the blue-white light that had appeared with her coming now a distant memory. Straightening she eyed the man who had been speaking with an apologetic look in her eye, before starting to look around the campfire.

"Sorry Mr ... Erm I missed your name. Call me Stare, that is fine, I-"
    She stopped when she realised who she was looking at. Right in front of her this entire time, simply waiting around the campfire for her to recognise him.

The again non-bald Nevin. Alchemist extraordinaire and her dear friend. Someone who her employer, and teleporter, Sir Vitruvion Elssmith, had mixed feelings about, whom neither her nor he had expected to be here.

"Nev!" She said, rather surprised. "Hi!"

And her eyes danced with joy as she settled down onto an easy log and presumed to join the others.
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-30-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    A cloaked figure had made their way through the deadlands, feet stomping through the dirt with delicacy yet resolution. Ezra had been travelling for what seemed like an eternity, almost desperate to catch up to the alchemist known as Nevin. Although they had been informed that the shop was closed and that the man was going to take care of a personal errand, the Homunculi couldn't help but be concerned. If on this journey, Nevin would perish, they would lose so much progress for the answers they so desperately were seeking. How many other alchemists could they turn to for advice? Certainly not anyone they knew, so Nevin's safety took priority.

And since the man insisted on not eating well, despite Ezra's best efforts on fixing that bad habit, it was more concerning that the man had traveled to such a lifeless area as few people would be around to cook for him. They had seen his attempts to prepare a meal, and frankly, they would rather face ten more ravenous bears at once than try to eat the man's 'cooking'. The new hammer they had recently acquired was in hand, as a nasty little monster had decided to try and make a meal out of Ezra. The beast's head, or what was left of it, was currently a fine paste fifty or so yards back. They definitely liked this new weapon, and its magic deflection and absorption properties would get a proper field test eventually. For now, though, it made the monsters regret coming after the short humanoid, and for that, they were grateful.

In the distance, a blue-white flash blipped into existence then vanished as soon as it had come. The Homunculi recognized it as some form of powerful magic, and made their way ever closer. The castle in the distance could wait; magic like that was a much higher priority.

Upon arriving at the campfire, they paused at the odd grouping that had made their party around the flames. There was an avian figure, with black feathers and robes. A curiosity, to be sure. A man who stood with an aura of dignity and grace, a presence that the Homunculi could not simply ignored. He stood out as a beacon of sorts against the decay of the land. Someone very, very powerful, to be sure. Next, was a somewhat familiar face in that of the Mythweaver known as Sketch. They almost waved, and then their gaze shifted back to the last man at the campfire. A very familiar face indeed in the form of Nevin himself, the very man the Homunculi had been seeking.

Pulling back their hood, they looked at the red-haired man and gave a very polite, albeit off-putting smile. "Well, well, Sir Nevin. I have finally found you. It is good to see you are alive and with ...friends?" Their purple eyes sparkled against the campfire, and the hammer they had been carrying went headfirst into the ground with a loud thump.
    Briarheart: Quick, become a disciplinomancer and Groundaga him

(13:48:58) Nevin: Ezra can be whatever you need them to be
    (13:49:07) Nevin: Ezra doesn't judge.
    (13:49:18) ArcanaFate: Swiss army wife, basically.

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    When we spun into existence, the first thing swirled into view was a towering structure off in the distance, encased in the shadows of the night, the outline of its various towers and ramparts illuminated by the waxing moon.

It was exactly as it had been described in the letter given to me by those two aristocrats or nobles or whatever in Radasanth whose names I've already forgotten. They were looking for a bunch of sellswords to team up and try and retake their ancestral home in the ass end of the world, I think? None of that mattered. What did matter was the reward--full access to any treasures that were horded within the stone walls of the ancient structure. Take with you what you could carry once the place was secure and the demons shooed away. When the three of us had lunch together, I asked about their library. The sister in particular was pleased that I was more interested in the spoils of the mind than of the material.

So, here we are a week later, the lingering magicks of our teleportation stones fizzling out, their soft aquamarine glow dying in the cold night of the Tular Plains.

Hype pulled her cloak just a little tighter around her lithe frame. "I already don't like this."

I slid my mythril mask down over my face and straightened out the cuffs of my shirt. "It is pretty ominous, isn't it."

Hyperion, once she heard of my plan to break from the group and go exploring on my own, insisted that she come along. In fact, she wouldn't shut up about it until I gave in. Me? Go it alone in a demon-infested castle smack dab in the middle of the part of the world map simply labeled "Here Be Monsters"? Despite having all this plague and acid and cordyceps and regenerative ability? Unacceptable! Out of the question!

Quietly, I was thankful that she was with me for the trip. Hers were an extra pair of shoulders that could carry another bag packed with any rare books I managed to scrounge up.

Apparently we weren't the only ones who were sent here by the siblings. Someone had built a decent bonfire to act as a summoning beacon for any other curious assholes in the area. I just hoped that the castle's current residents were too busy doing demon things to notice it too.

As we approached the warmth of the fire, I could start to make out the features of those huddled around it. Two others similarly wrapped in cloaks, a squat girl with the head of a raven that I immediately marked as something Hype was going to try and hug by the end of this adventure, and--

"Mister Nevin!" Hype bounded towards the alchemist, her briar-knit arms shooting out from inside her cloak as she rushed towards him, intent on giving him a greeting hug of a lifetime.
    Last edited by Briarheart; 11-03-2017 at 11:53 AM.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Time had passed, and Nevin's bonfire had served its purpose well. People had begun gathering around, setting up tents and talking with each other amicably. A few even talked with the Alchemist, though for some reason just as often they shied away from him, sticking with the people that they already knew, other 'adventurers' they knew had proven themselves instead of the odd Alchemist who seemed out of place. More than once, he heard people commenting on the fact that he didn't even seem to have a proper weapon, just the whip and dagger on his belt.

But he wasn't about to let that get to him. If these people thought he would die here, so be it. His life, or death, was just a tool he could expend to make sure the damn cultists were exterminated. Other people knew about them now, so if he died trying to examine this place, they would be able to make sure the remnants were squashed before they could do any more damage.

But then Nevin heard a familiar voice, telling a tale as people gathered around him, and he felt a tiny knot of tension ease from his shoulders. He would at least know someone here. That was good -

The gates, movement. A slight hush fell across the gathered people as someone came from them, a man, calling himself Joshua Cronin approached, cautiously as many of the adventurers prepared themselves for a fight. He spoke smoothly, trying to allay their fears as he explained he was merely a traveler like them. A smile grew on his face as he approached the fire, people parting around him. Nevin cleared his throat - the others were too wary.

"Greetings, Sir Cronin. You have to forgive the others - the tidings that surround that castle are most ominous in truth. I am -" Nevin's greeting was interrupted by a strange popping noise, and he turned his gaze to see - Stare. Relief and warmth spread through the man as he watched her apologize for interrupting Cronin.

She spotted him, and the sparkle in her eyes just made his own smile grow in response to hers. He had gotten accustomed to the Crow-woman's expressions, and could see the happiness she had as she folded herself down onto the log he was leaning against. This was good, a welcome sight - he knew Avis, knew she would be able to take care of herself - and she knew his secret, so if something went wrong and he had to act with his threads or blood magic, she wouldn't freak out against him.

Nevin's eyes caught on white hair bobbing through the crowd, and felt a trickle of unease worm its way down his spine. He had told the Homunculus that he was off to take care of personal business, there was no way she - oh fertile Crimson, it really was Ezra. The 'woman' smiled, and Nevin stood up to make introductions between her and Avis when he heard another familiar voice.

A half turn and one foot to brace himself, that was all he had time to do as strong arms wrapped around him, piping up a joyous greeting. It was a powerful motion, the hugger doing her best to squeeze him as tightly as possible, one that made him wheeze slightly as he tried to regain his breath. The hugging figure was followed at a more sedate pace by another, wrapped in cloak and with a mythril mask, answering any questions the alchemist might have had about his affectionate assailant.

"M-Miss Hyperion, nice to meet you again." He coughed and patted her somewhat awkwardly on the back before trying to disengage - he did not know how to deal with even friendly displays of affection like this. As Stare could attest, he locked up the first time she hugged him too. "Miss Ezra, these are Miss Hyperion, Miss Madison, and Miss Stare." He nodded to each of the women in turn, and then paused for a moment of thought as he realized that most of his circle of friends and acquaintances were female.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch stood and stared at Nevin, roused from his tale as the young man became surrounded by young ladies of every sort, that boy was certainly a heart breaker. As the young Alchemist gave Sketch a pleading look, he only shrugged, part of growing up was knowing how to get himself out of trouble as well. He was determined to step in if things got violent, but the lean man didn’t think it would come to that.

He sat down and finished the story or “Little Red Ridinghood,” telling the story with the new twist, one where the cloak and axe became a monster and started terrorizing the locals with packs of giant red wolves. It was a promise he’d made to one of the Grym, one who’d agreed to “help” him. The memory of Red still sent shivers down his spine. He got mixed messages from the ancient and powerful creature who’d led him through the woods to find the book that told her past, one side of her felt seductive and shy, and the other felt like a wild beast who’d kill him without hesitation.

Sketch shook his head, trying to drive the memories out of his mind, attempting to just tell the story as best as he could. The people who’d gathered around the fire seemed impressive, at least to someone like Sketch who lived, breathed and slept stories.

He saw Ezra, the young lady who’d been involved with fending off a group of goblins in Stonevale a few months back. She’d seemed pretty interested in the Grym that Sketch had summoned, and he wondered how her apprenticeship with Nevin was going. He moved over to the gaggle of girls that surrounded the flame headed scholar and gave a deep bow to the young lady, his hand over his chest, “Lady Ezra, it is a pleasure to see you again. You look as radiant as always, has your apprenticeship under Nevin been baring any fruit?”

He gave his most sincere smile to the assembled group, attempting to be as social as the situation allowed for such a bleak setting. He would wait to question the man who stepped out of the castle until he was ready to address the group and disclose what information he wished.

EXP: 28,286, Level: 7
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next Level: 6,714
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,714

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Back in the halls of Grace Manor a mink haired woman in her early twenties was waving good-bye to the cloaked cat-girl, all the while trying to control the small kitten from scampering to join her mother. A warm light was pouring from the half opened door, as Mylie's little voice was whining plaintively "Please mommy! Let me come! I love adventure! I won't cause any problems! I swear and I won't let any ghost or demon kidnap me this time! Let me come mommy please!" her chocolate brown eyes sparkled hopefully, her little paws clasped in prayer as she gave her mother the cutest expression ever, hoping it'd be enough for now cautious mother to let her tag along.

"No darling!" Rainee said firmly, a frown on her normally loving heart-shaped face. She wagged a finger at her daughter from beneath her cloak saying even more sternly "Don't you dare try to follow me sweetie! You do and NO SWEETS FOR TWO MONTHS!I know how much you love your little treats, so stay and be a good little girl for Mitsuki ok?"

Mylie let out a meow of despair, her clasped together paws lowering to her sides in defeat. Her little chocolate orbs welled with tears as she begin to sob in angst. Running back into the manor, Mylie's tear-filled voice sobbed angrily "I hope a ghost gets your mommy! Your not fair!" she then disappeared back into the luxary that was her home, her sobs carrying all the way out into the dark night air.

Mistsuki sighs softly, running a hand through her thick black locks, she says softly 'She'll be fine Miss Rainee. You know she's just deeply miffed that she can't tag along to help you in your adventure....you are all she has, after all!"

Rainee gave Mistuki a soft smile as she says sweetly "Just keep her safe Mistuki, I know she's hurt now, but in the end she'll be grateful she didn't come. I hear this castle is haunted, by either a ghost or demon...and I don't want her involved in that trouble anymore.

"I understand Miss Rainee, now go, you should leave before it gets any darker!" the mink haired healer ordered softly, before she shut the door of Grace Manor firmly, leaving Rainee to go off onto her demon-hunting adventure.

"God damn it!" Rainee growled in frustration, as she pulled her cloak tighter against the chill night air. Ever since she had entered this area, she had noticed how dark, desolate and forbidden it was. It reeked of death and decay, plus the healer recognized the sure signs that something evil roamed across these lands. She could feel it, almost smell it in the dank, stale air. The soil she walked on even looked dry, like the moisture that it normally would hold had been drained out of it.

Shaking her head, the small cat-girl walked carefully across the dirty path that led to the castle she had heard about. Her small cloaked frame looked up to stare at it. It looked menacing, almost monstrous with its tall stone towers and dark windows that looked almost as if it was clearly haunted or possessed. Shaking her head, another lonely meow escapes from the nekojin's lips, before her silver eyes spot a glow nearby the desolate castle. Her tail begins to wag happily as she thinks People! Company, I won't have to journey into that hellhole alone!

Her tail begins to twitch faster as she jogged happily towards what she saw now was a roaring campfire, the orange glow and warmth a welcome change from the frigid winds and icy cold that had been enveloping her small frame the whole trek here. Moving to warm her hands, her eyes fell on the company around her, she could see an avian woman, she smiles inclining her head politely at the crow woman, she also saw an imposing warrior, a being almost boasting of his strength in battle. She studied another small person, a woman? Or a man she wasn't sure, but she could feel magic radiating from the small figure, her eyes then saw another man, she had no idea who he was but she politely nodded her head at him. She also saw a masked plant-lady, with another woman at her side, her head tilted curiously, her cloak slipping to reveal her cat-ears which twitched in curiosity. She was dying to ask the plant-lady who she was, because she looked interesting to the always curious nekojin, but then saw the crimson hair, the polite smile and her eyes widened in surprise, her voice echoing that shock as she murmurs "Nevin? Oh my! What are you doing at a place like this? This is a long way from your alchemy shop!"
    Last edited by Nekoprincess; 11-01-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    And then there was too many people.

Stare waited until things had quietened. Then, in that peace when a strange pair of plant people arrived she moved her body around to where Ezra sat. This person, this demon and other-lavender-thing, was Nevin's assistant, whom Stare had met when coming to the alchemist's shop. Now the pair had unintentionally formed some sort of awkward friendship, and despite Vitruvion's desire to still dissect Ezra, Stare found herself drawn to them.

There they were, the white-haired androgenous humanoid, with the kenku finally sidling up the bench to beside her. Stare watched as a strange cat girl then came in, frowned when it turned out she knew Nevin too and spoke:

"Hello, Ezra. Which one is Nevin's wife then? You mentioned something about a cat girl before?" She lifted her left hand, covered in a new titanium glittering gauntlet that was thin and extended her natural claws into deadly sharp spikes, and pointed at Rainee approaching from the tree cover.

"Nevin has a lot of friends." A frown appeared in her eyes. "How many of these come to the shop? How many of them ... All of them female. Apart from you."

Intriguing ... Many are here, Vitruvion murmured in her head, following the several scans of her eyes across the group of people. There had been introductions but Stare had not really paid attention, for there had been too may other thoughts.

Mostly 'who the hell ...'

I did not plan that, she grunted back to her employer. You only sent me here to investigate the rumours. Look around the house. Perhaps I might be able to look further. Not just do a brief overview.

Vitruvion considered for a moment. They must have also followed the rumours. They are new and so it would make sense. Hmm. He smiled and leant back. She caught an image of a large, round underground room, where he sat on one of ten wooden thrones. All the others were empty, and the whole room was empty. Not even a servant to give him wine or a guard to protect his back. It was the chamber of the Brotherhood Council in the Hollow, his secret hellish empire. The place where he was truly king, that he had made to feel like a god - which had worked. Was working. Except now ... now he was entirely alone, breathing slow and seemed to be ... Sad, almost.

It made her stop. Why are you there alone, Vitruvion? she asked, What is going on?

Quickly the view was gone, and her sight was of the fire and harem once more.

Nothing, he answered, far too fast for normal comfort, Continue with your mission. I agree, go and solve the mansion. Find the truth. Entirely.

Are you ... Stare was outrageously confused. Vitruvion was always alright, he was always confident, constantly able and in control. So these emotions that she heard in his voice were ... Are you actually alright?

But, he was gone.

Leaving her to sit there by Ezra, and now curious. Ready to go into the hell.
    Last edited by Stare; 11-04-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."