GP

Name
    Reever Glacegeyser
    Race
    Giant Otter

Reever Glacegeyser Level 2

Last approved profile was an age ago, but here's the link for confirmation of inventory and EXP/GP. I kind of hurried my way through revamping it, so let me know if anything needs to be changed.

EXP: 3384
    GP: 8971

Name: Reever Glacegeyser

Race: Giant Sea Otter

Height: 6 feet 1 inch.

Weight: 198 lbs.

Fur Colour: Brown

Eye Colour: Dark Brown

History:

Reever is perhaps the last of the giant otters. His race is unknown to most people, and the otters always liked it that way. Then one day an evil sorcerer came and imprisoned the giant otters in an underground lair, where they toiled for hours digging underwater tunnels to various places. Reever was around 20 when they were imprisoned, and had always tried very hard to escape, but always failed. Then one day all of his people rebelled against the sorcerer. Most of them died, but a few escaped and fled in different directions. Reever (Reev for short) Fled to their old village, and found to his dismay that it had been ruined by vandals. He found his old javelin and sling and stonepouch, along with some meager supplies, and set out to find another place to live. He hopes to one day track down the rest of his species, but for now, he lives among others.

Appearance:

Reev looks like a giant otter (which is what he is.) He normally walks on his hind legs, like a human, and can run like that as fast as any human, but if he wants to go really fast he runs on all fours. His fur is brown, except for his stomach which is white fur. His clothing is short leather pants and a leather jerkin. These he chose because they do not hinder his movement.

Skills:

Reev is of average intelligence for a giant otter, which is to say he is a good deal smarter than most humans. He can read and write and all that (and has thumbs, by the way) and is generally well educated.

Otter Weapons: Reever can throw his double-tipped javelin a good distance with deadly accuracy. He can also rival most archers with his sling and stones. The sling works where he places a rock in the pocket, whirls it around and then releases the stone at a high velocity, hard enough to crack someone’s skull. He can also use a rock in a sling as a weapon. This works much like a blunt flail would, and Reev can counter sword/ other blade attacks with the rock to a certain extent.

Otter Wrasslin: The traditional martial art of the giant otters is catch wrestling, a skill which they take to naturally because of their powerful tail acting as a fifth limb. Reever is well versed in various methods of subduing and defeating an opponent through traps, throws, lock-holds, and chokes.

Short Blades: Reever has become adept in the use of his short cutlasses, whether one at a time or dual wielding.

Items:

Reever has his coin pouch, his clothes (short leather pants and leather jerkin), a broad leather sword belt, a traveling pack he wears on his back, a waterskin, and some food.

Weapons:
    Sling and Stones
    Trakym and delyn double tipped javelin
    Damascus cutlasses, 1'6" each (x2)
    Short pants and Jerkin made from scale of large beast
    Whip made from scale of large beast with delyn spike
    Damascus woodaxe
    Vlince cloak (dark green)

Abilities:

Otterly Perception: Reever's perception is approximately 2x as acute as the average human.

Bound: Reever can jump almost as high as his own height (about six feet) and uses this to do his only special move.

The move is more to get away from an adversary than to attack them. He jumps up in the air and bounds of any nearby trees, pillars or walls, moving parallel to the ground. Reev can bound off things maybe 4 to 5 times before his legs get to tired and he has to go back to the ground.

Otter Stuff: Reev is an adept swimmer and has approximately 2x the endurance of an average human.

Magic:

The magic of the Giant Otters is ice, water, and earth.

Water: Reev can freeze water, and melt ice or convert either to steam in the blink of an eye. He can do this to approximately thirty pounds of water. Reev can also move water. If he was nearby to a pond, he could make it look like there was an invisible fountain, spouting water up. He could also freeze a puddle of water, while moving it, to make a nice-looking ice sculpture. Reev’s final ability with water and ice is to conjure it. Much the way others could conjure a fireball, Reev can conjure a water or ice ball, or something spiky, and shoot it at someone. Along with this he can "superfreeze" water, as well as harden ice. This makes the ice as strong as steel, and unmeltable, unless of course Reev or someone with similar powers decided to melt it.

Earth: Reev can now condense rocks. This causes the rocks to shatter forcefully on impact, causing fragmentation damage within a three meter radius. (no explosive damage)

Familiar: Large male golden eagle, named Bane. Reev and other non-human creatures who are sentient may understand his speech, if roughly. Great friend to the otter.[Locked: Bane is on vacation.]
    Last edited by Otter Guy; 11-29-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Welcome back!

I will have a full look at this, but looks like some good abilities. I do not think I have any questions but we might need to look at locking a couple of abilities as you are level 2

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi, is Bane available to use in battle at all?

At the moment you are coming in at around 20 TPL above the allowed. As times have changed the levelling has got stricter so it is likely that this is the cause. Unfortunately this now means we are going to have to nuke Reev down a little. Really sorry about this.

Can I just ask what would be a 'bit faster' than the average human? 1.5 x for example, or 2 x?
    Is there a speed at which he launches his ice/water balls? Is it akin to simple throwing?

Best thing I could suggest is locking about 3 abilities until the next level.
    Last edited by Philomel; 11-29-2017 at 12:12 PM.

GP

Name
    Reever Glacegeyser
    Race
    Giant Otter
    Woops, locked some stuff, removed some stuff, changed some stuff. Edits are in blue. Let me know how'd I do.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi Reev/Otter

That helps a lot. We are still a few PL over.

What I would suggest is maybe editing the ability for the ice to be steel strength for now, or something similar. This counts as a separate ability from simple freezing because of the steel strength element. One option is to iron strength as an option and I can let that through.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    As this has been outstanding since December, I am locking it and moving it to the archive. Please contact a moderator if you wish to revisit this profile.