Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Outside the window, Daugi wuffed concernedly at the daft- er, unhappy alchemist. A warning bark of sorts; be nice to my pup.

And not without a good reason... Was it just Fenn, or did Nevin seem grumpy today? Really grumpy. Really super very grumpy. The little Fae shrank back from him a little bit, almost afraid to ask for what he needed, what with that stern face glaring so grinchedly! It was probably because this Apprentice Ezra person was lippy. These sorts of snippy exchanges were why it was probably for the better that the boy’s ability to communicate was hampered.

A bit more meekly than before, Fenn refreshed the frost on the countertop with a flick of his hand and wrote anew. Admittedly, his frost came out jagged, anxious; his magic's form always seemed to reflect his emotional state, whether he wished it to or not. IS A FUNNY STORY. VERY FUNNY, VERY LONG. DAUGI IS WELL, I AM WELL. SEE, NEED A THING, BUT IS NOT FLEA-FIXING STUFF OR HEALING STUFF. HARMING STUFF, IT IS, ACTUALLY. NEED POISON THAT WORKS ON FAE. YOU HAVE, OR NO? IS IMPORTANT, GOOD CAUSE, DOES PROMISE, the boy finished anxiously. DO NOT INQUIRE OF POISON USE PLEASE.

Phew. It was nice to have that out of his system.

Now that he had that out of the way, Fenn could afford to be distracted. In fact, he would much prefer to be. It was best to not think too hard about what he had just ordered. Candy flicked across his mind, but very quickly flicked back out. His last time nomming Nevin’s candy had not been pleasant. Wait… His liquid green eyes flicked over to Ezra. Specifically, to their gleaming braid. YOU SHINY HAIR. SHINY IS GOOD. I LIKE SHINY.

Shiny distracting. Yes.
    Last edited by FennWenn; 11-01-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    "I'm funny, so they let me live." - Skippy's List

The Wiki Matriarch, the Vignette Enthusiast, your friendly neighborhood Cinnamon Smol, and very excited to roleplay!

I play this rude little bug! Spell his name F E N N I K. No "c".

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    Ezra blinked.

Apparently, they had hit a soft spot with Nevin as he seemed rather irritable for some reason. Perhaps he hadn't had enough nutrients today so he was a bit more emotional that usual? The Homunculi made a note to ask about his emotional well-being after the store was closed. The priority now, however, was the small child's request, whatever it may be. Perhaps some kind of potion for the large beast outside. Nevin mentioned something about flea medicine... did the creature have fleas?! By the Fates, what kind of demonic entities would even attempt to bite at that monstrosity? Ezra opened their mouth to ask a question, but closed it immediately as the ice child began writing out their request.

The jagged ice writing was slightly difficult to read, but upon closer examination, the Homunculi could only stare in disbelief at the request the child was making. Why would this little fae boy want poison? Specifically poison designed to kill other fae? When Fenn asked that he not be questioned on why he wanted said toxin, Ezra shifted their gaze back to the alchemist. They almost carried a look of worry, and placed their hand on the counter.

"...Do you actually make poisons, Nevin? And why is this small faerie child asking for such things? Are we able to sell said product to such a youngling?" They turned quickly back to the blonde child. "Where are your parents, little one? Your guardian? You are quite young to be travelling all on your own. Do you have a place to stay this evening?"

The compliment on their hair was quite the distraction, and the Homunculi stared in confusion. Most people found their looks to be strange and far from ordinary, but here this child chose to mention that they found their hair quite beautiful. They remained quiet for a moment, then tried their best to give a polite smile. "Th-thank you, little one. I appreciate your compliment. I like your ice writing. It is very good writing."
    Last edited by ArcanaFate; 11-01-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Briarheart: Quick, become a disciplinomancer and Groundaga him

(13:48:58) Nevin: Ezra can be whatever you need them to be
    (13:49:07) Nevin: Ezra doesn't judge.
    (13:49:18) ArcanaFate: Swiss army wife, basically.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin frowned for a long, long moment at Fenn. The small Fae was doing his utmost best not to look at anyone, but the Alchemist merely sighed. He could tell that this would be troubling, and he hadn't intended for Ezra to get mixed up in a client asking for a more.... risqué, product. But, needs must when Cobalt flows, he supposed. At least she wasn't bad-mouthing his store anymore.

"You're more accurate than you know, Miss Ezra. Fenn is a Fae, and much older than he seems, despite appearances to the contrary. And yes, I do make poisons, I just have to custom male them as they're not very appealing to have on the shelves. Now Fenn." Nevin had lost any of the irritation as he pulled over his note book and flipped to an open page, twirling his pencil in long fingers.

"You say you need this to work on a Fae. If they're the same race as you, would that hallucinogenic from last time work? I can combine it with a sedative so that the victim falls asleep and has intense dreams as they pass on. I can even combine it with honey flavoring if necessary." His tone was brisk, businesslike, and he showed no signs of hesitating in the least in this rather morbid task. What he would tell Ezra later is that the poison would only work on a Snow Fae - so it was no threat to him if the blonde was being deceptive.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    A compliment to his writing? Clearly, this new-apprentice person was optimistic — or a little bit of an idiot. Fenn’s writing was unabashedly awful.

DREAMING AND SLEEP IS FINE, the puck wrote hesitantly. Banrion hadn’t been very specific on what kind of poison she needed. Her only requirement was “causes death”. But, there were some practicalities that had to be applied, considering what he knew of the circumstances which called for the poison in the first place… HONEY FLAVORING VERY GOOD. WAS GOING TO COMBINE WITH BLACKBERRY AND PUT IN TEA. WON’T DO ANYTHING FUNNY TO POISON, RIGHT? ...so he wasn’t going to be judged for this order? Nevin was just going to handle this as if it was normal?

A breathless grin split the fae’s face. Huzzah!

At the same time, Ezra’s concerns struck Fenn with a curious realization. So, that was why their voice reminded him of Banrion. They were the motherly, scolding type. That was it.

As Nevin glanced over the boy’s writing and seemed to mull the concerns over. Fenn went back to scrutinizing over the androgen. Something about this apprentice continued to seem very off to the young puck. He would know uncanny, being the child-not-child that he was.

Curiosity stirred in his chest. Very strong curiosity. Without thinking it through, the boy was set into motion. For a brief instant, Fenn’s icy fingers reached across the counter to tap Ezra on their hand. It ended almost as soon as it began. Yet, the guilty-faced fae came away with his suspicions confirmed. They — Ezra — were shockingly warm to the touch; not physically, but in that funny extra sense that Fenn had trouble describing to other people, the one that vibrated his bones like dowsing rods. Ezra themself was magic-bright.

IS EZRA FAE TOO? he scrawled with a curious twitch of his ears. DON’T THINK EZRA IS A HUMAN. VERY MAGIC-BRIGHT, ACTS NOT-RIGHT— OFFENSE NOT MEANT.

Offense not meant, but answers wholeheartedly sought.

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    Ezra glanced between Nevin and the little Fae, brow slightly furrowed. Apparently, there was more to alchemy than just the usual potion and transmutation. It would make logical sense, though, that he was able to create poisons with ease. If one could make an antidote, it would be reasonable that they could create a poison as well. Although the worry still hung over their head as the idea of having been too trusting with Nevin held tight. If he was willing to make this poison for a supposed not-child, how far would he be willing to go in other aspects? Would he turn on Ezra at some point to experiment? They shifted uncomfortably as they leaned on the counter, but made sure to give room as the frost-Fae wrote out further questions.

...Fenn planned on poisoning someone's tea? Well, that was assassin-esque.

But an icy touch made the homunculus recoil in surprise, their body subconsciously pulling their hand away quickly. What was that cold feeling that had just washed over them? They glanced down, realizing that the little Fae had given them a quick tap to the hand. As Fenn scribbled out more questions, Ezra couldn't help but watch the little twitching of his ears. It was a rather endearing trait, and a rather odd urge to pat the not-child on the head was starting to fight its way through.

At the mention of being a Fae, Ezra blinked. It was a common mistake; with their somewhat odd appearance, they were often considered to be some sort of magical entity. Which wasn't far from the truth, in all actuality. If they didn't know better, the argument would hold some merit. From what Ezra could remember, the Fae had an extremely high threshold for magic and most of them could, in theory, become some of the most powerful spellcasters in the world due to their high mana storing capabilities. They gave a small look to Nevin before answering the little Fae.

"No, little Fae, I am not one of the Fair Folk such as yourself. However, you are correct in your assumption that I am not a human. It is... rather complicated to explain, but it is nothing of interest for you, I can assure you." They paused.

"And no offense taken, little one. However, you still have not answered my previous questions about your current lodgings. Are you currently without a residence to reside in for the evening?"

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Blackberry.... Hm. Nevin drummed the pencil against his notebook as the other two spoke, running through interactions in his mind to see if the numbing agent - a potent, and lethal, hallucinogenic for Snow Fae - would react adversely. No, no it shouldn't. Nor should it or the sedative be affected by being dissolved in tea. He nodded and focused his gaze back on the two.

"No. Unless there is something you aren't telling me about the subject, the blend should make them drowsy, and then sleep. They might see a few strange things which should be put off as exhaustion,
    and then pass in their sleep if nothing interrupts it. If they're kept awake, they'll descend into a hallucinogenic state similar to what you experienced. Now then. This will have to be custom made, so I'll need you to come back in a few days to actually pick it up."
    Nevin sneezed and rubbed his nose with a frown of irritation.

He wasn't about to interject himself into Ezra's answering as to her nature - that was not his secret to share. It was... Strange to think about though. Nevin had been working on deciphering the alchemical runes - and while he couldn't process what the necromancy runes were about, he had seen a few that dealt with nullifying rejection. Just what had gone into the Homunculus' construction?

He would also need to talk with the androgynous one about what he would be working on for Fenn. No need to have her be freaking out about one of the darker aspects of Alchemy. He hadn't intended on introducing her to it yet, but he wasn't about to shy away either.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Sweet Cinnamoth

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    It was a relief to hear that Nevin was able to make the not-remedy. Fenn sighed and wilted gladly against the counter. A thumbs-up was flashed the alchemist’s way.

But, that he would have to come back here again in a few days? It wasn’t something he had expected; honestly, the puck had imagined Nevin would be able to just whip something up on the spot all magic-like. Nevin not doing that meant the boy was going to have to hang around town a while longer than he planned. He’d adapt though. His eyes squinched half shut as he tapped his chin and made mental calculations. There were probably enough unguarded wallets to go around to pay for any food he might need — both ones already in his bag, and ones as of yet to be illicitly obtained.

Experience taught him that it was not wise to directly steal food unless he wanted an adventurous run-in with the authorities.

As for the apprentice...

Fenn was burning up a little inside at being not told more about their unusual nature. A disbelieving stare was shot their way, followed by an irked puff of his cheeks. Knowledge being dangled out of his grasp? That was always very much of interest to the nosy little fae.

WANT KNOW MORE. MORE KNOWING IS GOOD. INFORMATION EXCHANGENESS. ANSWER QUESTION SO YOU KNOW MORE; AM SLEEP OUTSIDE, he wrote with dismissive cheer. WHO NEEDS RESIDENCE? NONE. HAVE DAUGI. VERY SOFT, GOOD FRIEND, SCARES AWAY MEAN CREATURES. Fenn had slept in beds before. In the time he had been under the care of a group of thieves, and whenever he visited John, he made use of them. Even so, he didn’t see why they would be a necessity. Grass worked just fine if you had a bag for a pillow and a cloak for a blanket.

The Wiki Matriarch, the Vignette Enthusiast, your friendly neighborhood Cinnamon Smol, and very excited to roleplay!

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    "You are not sleeping outside for a few days while waiting on this toxin, Fenn. That is not healthy, regardless of your fae lineage. Your 'daugi', as you say, is a mighty powerful beast. I can easily tell that just by looking, but it would be better if you had an actual home to reside in while you waited for your product to be completed." Ezra stated, arms crossed over their chest. They had seen how the village mothers had spoken with their children when they misbehaved, so the homunculus was going to do their best to enforce some fair but firm discipline with the small frost fae. They leaned over the counter, arms still crossed over their chest.

"You can stay with me until your... elixer is complete, little one. I would rather have you close by in case there are issues that need to be addressed." They paused. "Also, my past is complicated. I was once human, I think, but arcane complications arose and now my appearance is of, well... this. I could not tell you in entirety of who I am, because I do not even know the answer to that myself. It is a mystery I am hoping to solve soon. For now, you can just consider your question as answered as there is nothing more to say on the matter."

Turning to Nevin, they raised their hands and began to stretch their fingers out individually. A few made small cracks, and the homunculus seemed to stare past the alchemist towards the back room where they knew his brewing station lay. They could only guess at the plantlife that would be need for such a specific toxin, but they had a few ideas of what Nevin might use. However, the potion would most likely require fine flakes of iron, if the old rumors were true about the Fair Folk's weaknesses.

"Sir Nevin, I assume you have all the ingredients needed for the elixer? Do you need to visit the blacksmith for iron?" They asked, placing their hands behind their back to stand at attention. "Or do you perhaps have a remedy that does not require said metal? As much as I personally dislike this choice, I cannot imagine you would do this for anyone. I wanted to learn the art of alchemy from you, and although I was not aware of it, this too is a part of the process and I shall assist however needed." They turned to Fenn, moving around the counter to stand over the smaller fae.

"As for you, what are your intentions with this potion? I only ask because I am concerned that such a young one would want such a vile thing is quite uncommon. Do you plan on drinking said potion to pass away peacefully? Or is intended for someone else? Perhaps another faerie who is currently hunting you? I do not feel that you should be dealing with such aggressive forces on your own, even with your canine companion outside."

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Fenn would live with Ezra? That was... The alchemist quirked his lips into an amused smirk. He wondered if the Homunculus was remembering that she lived with Nan. Of course the old woman would love to have a small child there, and he could already see how she'd be treating the blonde kid. Oh well, he wasn't about to butt in. The ever-so-logical construct had probably already considered all of this before making the offer. It wasn't like they'd act impulsively, right?

But, to address their concerns. He folded his arms across his chest, and let out a sigh. If he had his choice, he wouldn't talk about this with Fenn still present - but at the same time, the blonde was the precipitator of this conversation. So he could grin and bear it, even if he wasn't particularly interested in it. So Nevin shook his head after she asked if he needed to visit the blacksmith or the forge.

"No, I do not. The reactions of iron upon a Fae are too well known and documented. If someone was to check, the poisoning in that regard would be child's play to detect. Instead, we will be using something here in the shop." Nevin reached out and picked up one of the candies from the bowls on his counter, unwrapped it, and popped it into his mouth.

"This is, as you've probably surmised,
    not Fenn's first visit to this shop. He is in fact, someone I've encountered several times now. We found d out though, the first time he came here, that the simply numbing agent that I have been using in these candies acts as a potent hallucinogenic upon at least the Snow Fae. If I had not acted swiftly, he might have perished on this very floor. That agent, combined with a sedative, will see this task complete. And Fenn was actually told to thank me for saving him at that point - though I know not by whom - so I doubt his own demise is in his plans. He hasn't purloined everything not nailed down, after all."

A member of the NevCrew:

Sweet Cinnamoth

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    Fenn winced as iron was brought up, his hand unconscious grabbing his wrist for an instant, as if to protect it. Iron was a very bad thing to put into a sneaky-sneaky poison. Any frost fae who touched it to their lips would immediately recognize the burning sensation — and that their drink was compromised. Horrible injury became likely, but death less so. No no, that wouldn’t do. In any case, Ezra’s sterness was a bit startling. POISON NOT FOR ME. A FRIEND NEEDS. HAS PLANS, I NOT KNOW ALL, BUT I TRUST. It was certainly not the whole of the truth, but it was a particular version of truth nonetheless. Fenn sighed waved his hand dismissively, as if to waft the matter away. That was how Banri did things. LIKE YOU NOT KNOW ALL THE THING.

Though hopefully he’d know “more the thing” next time he talked this over with Banrion. He had no idea how deeply her plans went. How much was she winging, and how much had she mapped out?

Fuck, now he wanted answers of his own order.

When offered a place to rest the next few days, Fenn visibly startled. His ears flicked uncertainly as he mulled over the offer -- the command, really. Up, down, up, down. He didn’t know whether to smack down some sass on the criticism of his typical sleeping habits, or...

The fae bit his lip, looking a little cross-eyed as he kept thinking. Well, he could accept the offer. He supposed. If this was a temporary thing, that would be fine, right? Why on earth anyone would invite a grabby-handed street urchin ordering poison to their house baffled him, but sure, he could roll with it? Admittedly, a part of him felt as if it would be just like when he was with Raster — a part he very quickly smothered within his chest. The more practical side of him had a very different thought. MEALS FREE? FOOD IS GOOD. OOD INVITATION, WHY WANT ME?

Speaking of food! His next bit of scrawl in the sparkly ice was directed at Sir Alchemist Potionpants Nevin. ALSO YOU HAVE TASTY CANDY NOW THAT NOT MAKE ME SEE THE SCARY BRIGHT COLORS? OR IS ALL COLOR CANDY?
    Last edited by FennWenn; 11-06-2017 at 12:43 PM.