EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    "You mean 'Drys' bless that I found you."

She laughed quite merry then, a pure, sweet voice in the air. Slowly she breathed, smile still on her face as the laughter died away, looking around the room and remembering the last time she had been here. So long ago now, back in those days that she was not a mother. This was her personal room, her own suite saved only for herself, her high-society clients, like the few princes and officials she had enchanted with her unique feminine wiles. It was, from time to time, also used by those similar clients for use by other courtesans, but by then only. It was known, and told to those men (and, though rarely, women) that it was a room mostly dedicated to the Matriarch of the brothels. Much expense had been poured into making this room oppulent and glamerous, with the finest royal silks, velvets and vulcana wool decorating it, all with the richest dyes. Bright blue, made from the oppulent lapis lazuli was foremost as a colour with violets and greens made from emeralds aside.

Looking back over to the man who was once more not dead, but alive, Philomel found herself gently smiling and appreciating the finer things she had. No longer did she need to worry about the lingering thought in the back of her mind that he was completely gone from her life. Instead she could be strong in the knowledge he was back. Even in that brief span during the preparation for the hunt of Lichensith Ulroke she had found comfort in the fact he was there. But then he was gone again, those few days of hope thrown to rubbish. She just hoped that this time it was permanat, that he was here, now. Her friend once more, her ally.

She considered what he said about this 'Director Wilfhelm' and his residency within Radsanth. If he truly was a member, and a strong one at that, of the current Brotherhood (without Shinsou) then it was very much possible he was connected to the rising of the struggles with the militia. Perhaps he was the prepetrator behind it? If that was so, then she had a keen interest in his campaign. For even though her ladies could survive through such troubling times, history had told that it was easier without them.

Rolling her shoulders back she surveyed him up and down briefly before planting her hands on her lap. The fact that he was here, after his proud Brotherhood had tried to overthrow him was good and suited her well. It meant that perhaps there was yet chance of a reigniting of that alliance, that had served her Gilded Lily well. Though they themselves were focusing now on the wider feminist issues than simply power, they would once more be willing to extend a hand of friendship - if the right hand was extended.

"So you have met your father again. You told me before that he has a curious history with you, but if he is willing to protect the fact you are living ... well. He could have killed you, and clearly he did not, so I would say that you can indeed trust him."

She looped a hair behind her ear and watched as the midday sun streamed in through the window and lit up Shinsou's fair hair.

"As for me, I was given a message. One of my Lilies intercepted a missive of some kind ..." she paused as she tried to remember the words, "Something like, 'Success unsure. New research - Van Osiris is no longer in Salvar.' But it told me what I needed to know and we came down." A smile came to her lips. "Ah yes, I have 'Lilies' now, not just 'Ladies'. Recently I have had male professionals wishing to join on a permanant basis. It is not just Vaeron living with us.

"As to your 'problem' ... it might be yours, but I am able to help, Shinsou. I have heard of military unrest in this city, and that always will mean problems for my brothels and inns, even though they may be able to live through tougher times than that." She took a moment then frowned, "I retract that statement - I know that they will be able to live through tougher times. But my point stands, I am willing to assist. But before that I honestly think you should rest, change, bathe even, you look exhausted," she gestured to his wet clothes, "You are at one of my establishments after all. I can summon even a lady to bathe you if that is what you want."
    Last edited by Philomel; 11-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.