EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    "You mean 'Drys' bless that I found you."

She laughed quite merry then, a pure, sweet voice in the air. Slowly she breathed, smile still on her face as the laughter died away, looking around the room and remembering the last time she had been here. So long ago now, back in those days that she was not a mother. This was her personal room, her own suite saved only for herself, her high-society clients, like the few princes and officials she had enchanted with her unique feminine wiles. It was, from time to time, also used by those similar clients for use by other courtesans, but by then only. It was known, and told to those men (and, though rarely, women) that it was a room mostly dedicated to the Matriarch of the brothels. Much expense had been poured into making this room oppulent and glamerous, with the finest royal silks, velvets and vulcana wool decorating it, all with the richest dyes. Bright blue, made from the oppulent lapis lazuli was foremost as a colour with violets and greens made from emeralds aside.

Looking back over to the man who was once more not dead, but alive, Philomel found herself gently smiling and appreciating the finer things she had. No longer did she need to worry about the lingering thought in the back of her mind that he was completely gone from her life. Instead she could be strong in the knowledge he was back. Even in that brief span during the preparation for the hunt of Lichensith Ulroke she had found comfort in the fact he was there. But then he was gone again, those few days of hope thrown to rubbish. She just hoped that this time it was permanat, that he was here, now. Her friend once more, her ally.

She considered what he said about this 'Director Wilfhelm' and his residency within Radsanth. If he truly was a member, and a strong one at that, of the current Brotherhood (without Shinsou) then it was very much possible he was connected to the rising of the struggles with the militia. Perhaps he was the prepetrator behind it? If that was so, then she had a keen interest in his campaign. For even though her ladies could survive through such troubling times, history had told that it was easier without them.

Rolling her shoulders back she surveyed him up and down briefly before planting her hands on her lap. The fact that he was here, after his proud Brotherhood had tried to overthrow him was good and suited her well. It meant that perhaps there was yet chance of a reigniting of that alliance, that had served her Gilded Lily well. Though they themselves were focusing now on the wider feminist issues than simply power, they would once more be willing to extend a hand of friendship - if the right hand was extended.

"So you have met your father again. You told me before that he has a curious history with you, but if he is willing to protect the fact you are living ... well. He could have killed you, and clearly he did not, so I would say that you can indeed trust him."

She looped a hair behind her ear and watched as the midday sun streamed in through the window and lit up Shinsou's fair hair.

"As for me, I was given a message. One of my Lilies intercepted a missive of some kind ..." she paused as she tried to remember the words, "Something like, 'Success unsure. New research - Van Osiris is no longer in Salvar.' But it told me what I needed to know and we came down." A smile came to her lips. "Ah yes, I have 'Lilies' now, not just 'Ladies'. Recently I have had male professionals wishing to join on a permanant basis. It is not just Vaeron living with us.

"As to your 'problem' ... it might be yours, but I am able to help, Shinsou. I have heard of military unrest in this city, and that always will mean problems for my brothels and inns, even though they may be able to live through tougher times than that." She took a moment then frowned, "I retract that statement - I know that they will be able to live through tougher times. But my point stands, I am willing to assist. But before that I honestly think you should rest, change, bathe even, you look exhausted," she gestured to his wet clothes, "You are at one of my establishments after all. I can summon even a lady to bathe you if that is what you want."
    Last edited by Philomel; 11-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Mature content for new few posts.
    So, the Brotherhood aren’t sure about what happened to me. Good, and bad.

Philomel’s news presented a quandary for the Telgradian, who sat pensively in his chair stroking his chin. Whilst it was good that no-one had tracked him out of Salvar, there was now no doubt in his mind that his opponents in Whitevale would be scouring the continents for any trace of him. If they so much as got a sniff of his movements, all sorts of flaming wreckage would be steered towards him and the Gilded Lily that harboured him. With dawn threatening to kiss Radasanth soon, Shinsou realised there was little to be done for another twenty four hours. Trying to get into Crennick’s personal residence in broad daylight was tantamount to suicide, even for him, so at this moment the Faun’s offer of rest and relaxation was the most tempting option.

“A decent soak would be appreciated, but I don’t need a girl. They need to be attending to your paying customers. Thank you, Philomel.” Shinsou, brushing his rain slicked brown hair back, smiled wearily. “As soon as nightfall hits tomorrow, we’ll go right into the heart of Crennick’s little nest and redecorate. Until then…”

He rose from his chair, removing his coat to reveal his taut black dress shirt and bare arms. Smiling, he offered the faun a hand.

“Bathe with me, if you have the time.”

Much like the Faun’s personal quarters, her bathroom oozed luxury.

The bathing tub that stood on its own ivory podium in the centre was fashioned from fine, polished copper and carefully moulded. It was big enough for at least four adults to sit in, comfortably, and the water was just the right temperature. If anyone ever demanded anything bigger or better, they’d have to go to the river. No-one could spare the metal for something like that. Beside it, a table jutted out, composed of shells the colour of sand, the hues varying like the beach from dawn to dusk. The mosaic was polished to a high shine and from below the great golden disk came legs of twisting driftwood.

As the faun followed the Telgradian into the room, rolling her shoulders back and slipping off her top layer of clothing, she pondered for a moment.

“Shinsou, do you think you’ll ever go back to the Brotherhood?”

The question made him pause. It was one he really hadn’t considered the answer to just yet, but eventually Shinsou found the words.

“There is conflict within the Brotherhood. Like any animal or substance squeezed into a smaller space, eventually the internal energy will defeat the external pressure - and that, Phi, is revolution, sharp and violent. That’s what Crennick stands for. He feels that I am weakening the Brotherhood, so this has been coming for some time.” Shinsou shook his head. “But the movements I was making with the Brotherhood were in the directions of peace; turning a once criminal syndicate into a powerful, legitimate organization that can actually make a difference. That's why I’m taking down the walls of this institution a piece at a time, randomly, quietly, letting pressure escape nice and slow. That's evolution, gentle and peaceful. I won’t give up on it yet.”

There was a prolonged quiet as further clothes made their way onto the polished tiles of the bathroom floor. As the pair gracefully slid into the copper tub, Shinsou closed his eyes and felt the warm water touch his skin. It was the best feeling he had felt in weeks. As he extended his legs, he could feel Philomel’s lower body fur brush against him. There was no effort from either party to retract; comfortable with their contact. Instead, the faun responded with a subtle movement towards her ally.

“I won’t abandon you or the Gilded Lily, though, either.” He smiled up at the faun, who gazed at him curiously. "You are too important to me."

“Which is why I must ask you an important question…”

“Oh?” Philomel responded, looping wet strands of hair behind her ears.

“Can Delath still tunnel underground?”

Shinsou’s golden eyes blazed with the light of an idea that had been brewing ever since he had entered the bathroom. “I remember him doing that against me in the Citadel, and if he can do what he did there, I think we’ve found our way into Radasanth. Then, both of our problems are solved."
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    She smiled fondly as he mentioned her dear friend. Her dragon, bold and brave and constant.

"Delath actually has advanced more than his ability to speak. His jaws are now capable of chewing through any material, including diamond."

She lay back in the water, letting her violet hair swim around her like a tangle of weeds. But of course, for Shinsou they were not weeds, but flowers, and they would float like roses in his eyes. A soft smile came to her face as she watched him gazing at her. Gently she let her arms slip back into the water and deliberately folded them across her body, eager to see if and how his expression changed when she did so.

"Why, what were you thinking of?" she asked, as she saw the slight note of disappointment appear in his eyes.

Quickly his gaze returned to her face.

"Walls," he explained. "If we can get under them into Crennick's residence, then we may have a chance of suprise attack."

For a moment the faun paused, and genuine contemplation came to her face. Slightly, she sat up, letting rivulets and droplets run off her pale but tough body as she angled to lean better against the back of the tub. Her soft fur brushed calmly against his and the soft clack of her hooves could be heard against the ceramic. Running a hand through her hair she scooped it around to be over her shoulder as she contemplated the whole idea of such a thing.

"I will confess I am eager for this military strife within my city to be over. I know I have moved out into the forest, but still, it is where I was raised, born and bred." She breathed in slow, the smile now gone from her face. "I have heard reports of more constables, guards and soldiers patrolling the streets. As brothels are entirely legal and my ladies operate, at least on a traceable level, inside the law, they should have no excuse to cause trouble, but the military types inevitably do. Men, starved of female - or, indeed, male - company are harder to control than those who are regularly satisfied. At least my ladies are able to defend themselves, why that is the entire point of the Gilded Lily but ..."

She paused and nodded, thinking outloud.

"We could do without them. I will help you to whatever extent I can, dear Shinsou. You know that my sword would always be yours if you were to call from anywhere in this ugly world."

Settling back into the water she gazed at him for a moment before breaking off her sight and moving her arms to expose her breasts and naked form to him once more.

"What lives we have lived, hmm? Myself, a mother and dragon rider, you a man who has lost his memory so many times, been missing ... hmm," she nodded and set out a hand to gently pat his calf. "So. Tell me of your plan, oh brave warrior, and let me know how myself and my darlings can play a part in the future where I never have to deal with your disapperance again."
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-01-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    It took Shinsou a moment before one of Philomel's words struck a chord.

Mother?

It was clear there were still hazy memories, like poorly taken photographs, swimming around his stress addled mind. The initial surprise at the faun’s comment all but confirmed his memory had not recovered fully, but after a few seconds the Telgradian remembered her name. Celandine. That was the name of Philomel’s daughter. Flicking strands of wet, dark hair out of his face, he looked up and for the first time in a few weeks caught sight of his reflection in the water that surrounded them. A pair of hard golden eyes stared him back, circles of weariness just above his cheeks visible even in the dim glow of the bathroom lighting. Shinsou's features were somewhat gaunter than he last remembered them, his forehead just a little more lined than usual, although he fancied he still caught the remnants of a glimmer of youthful innocence. With another low murmur, he redirected his gaze to take in Philomel. Her hair and fur were damp with the remnants of the bathwater. Her smile helped stave off the seeping cold he could feel, and the only sound for a moment was her joints cracking audibly as she stretched out of the confined position that she had remained motionless in for all of the past half an hour.

Wiping moisture from his face, Shinsou returned swiftly to the matter at hand; just how they were going to infiltrate Crennick’s quarters.

"I’d like you to ask Delath to chew a tunnel big enough for us to get into the centre of the city.” Shinsou directed, “I have a map with an approximate location for Crennick’s little palace; ideally, we’d be coming up the over-easy pissbag’s arse through his overpriced floorboards. When we get into the house, I'm going to firstly redecorate it with bits of Crennick and then, secondly, find out what I can from his archives about their current movements. But, whatever Delath can do, I’ll be grateful for.”

The faun nodded sagely, stroking a hand through her soaked strands. She flashed him both a knowing grin and another display of her glistening breasts, very deliberately.

“I’ll go and talk to him. That is, as soon as we’re done here…”

The horizon remained obscured by the menacing clouds that had haunted Radasanth all day, but here and there patches of bleak light reminded him that there was blue in the sky occasionally. The scenery outside of the city’s outskirts was rocky and treacherous, well away from civilization and the perfect starting point for Delath’s planned excavation. Coarse grass and lichen clung to the thin soil that the dragon stood patiently on, creating a rugged carpet of dull greens and browns that looked even more miserable in the dour weather.

“Darling,” The faun, dressed in a flexible battle corset with her treasured sword Nameless by her side, knelt down and lovingly stroked the side of the dragon’s face, “It’s time.”

With an obedient nod, the sleek beast began gouging chunks of earth and stone out of the ground in a deliberate and calculated trajectory. The sound of dragon teeth crunching through limestone and granite assaulted Shinsou’s ears and made his toes curl; he’d never been fond of grinding sounds and for some reason the fear of breaking his teeth on food as a child had stuck with him as an adult, making the whole process particularly cringey for him.

“What’s the matter?” Philomel chuckled as Shinsou screwed up his features with every crunch.

“I can’t stand the sound of teeth on rock. It makes me feel a bit sick,” The Telgradian winced. The faun laughed.

“You get used to it with Delath. He can eat practically anything.”

It was clear that Philomel had insisted on dedicating herself to the care of her familiars when not called upon for duties with the Gilded Lily, and Delath in particular had been the main beneficiary of that care. Many were the words he could speak now. Parts of the island bore the distinctive marks of his strong teeth and tunnelling skills. The only skill Shinsou had yet to see of the dragon was flight, but given the sheer power of the beast mixed with its occasional clumsiness, Shinsou supposed that this was not necessarily a bad thing all around.

The Telgradian readjusted his coat once again as Philomel went to check on Delath’s progress, before emerging five minutes later from beyond the rain-soaked crater, the heavy taint of disintegrated stone clinging to the corset she wore and overwhelming the musky scent of wet earth.

“He’s making short work of the tunnel,” Philomel declared, offering her hand to the young Osiris. “Let’s go.”
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-01-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    He took her hand and she smiled, a warm, inviting one that was full of good things and promises. There they were again, faun and human of another world, setting out to conquer their foes. Her heart beat heavily, excitement coming into her because of the fact that the was flesh to flesh with this, he who had disappeared from her twice, and was a true wonder to her. Possible father to a baby about to be born, somewhere, far over the sea.

No. Do not think of that.

Softly, she called out with her mind. It took a minute and a half for the small white paws of Veridian to come scampering across the grassy verge to them. His eyes were bright and he had his tongue lolling out like a dog's. His stance made her laugh, and the merry sound continued as she stepped into the long dark tunnel ahead of them. Not saying anything or giving any direction she watched as Veridian leapt ahead, his body growing as it did. Used to such a thing, she just smiled as he became five times as big a fox as he had been, shoulders coming to meet her waist. Still, her hand kept tight around Shinsou and the two of them followed Veridian as he burst into flame - glorious flame and beauty. Truly magnificent, Veridian was a lamp in the darkness that had been created by a dragon.

Quickly, they went, Veridian's fiery fur lighting the way. They went as silently as they could, becoming more quiet the further they went. Dirt was around them, rocks jutting from the sides, and once or twice Philomel had to duck for Delath had clearly not eaten enough. He could also secure the tunnel behind him, as was his habit, but this time he had just pushed the earth all the sides, with back and forefeet. They went on for some long minutes. As natural light began to appear at the end, Philomel finally let go of Shinsou's hand, instead replacing it with a white sword, sucking in her breath and preparing for battle.

What was going to await them at the end of it, she wondered. A thousand warriors, armed for war? Crossbowmen, who had found the mouth of the tunnel and were already preparing to pepper them as soon as they took one hoofstep into fresh air? Or a dead Delath, killed as the noise of his tremendous eating had alerted the guards to his arrival and had died in vain without ever able to send a message to his dear mistress ...?

No, the last was stupid. She could feel Delath's strong presence, breathing low as he hid in amongst the treeline of the wood he had come up against. And - it was nighttime. Only stars and the bright orb of the moon could be noticed. It was unlikely that anyone had found the tunnel entrance, hidden as it was in this dark. Veridian hushed out his light as the three of them came to the surface, the patient form of Delath sitting and breathing there excitedly.

Anything? Philomel asked, as she pushed her way out.

The dragon shook his head and deeply grunted into her mind, Nothing. Not a single peep.

Philomel paused before looking to Shinsou. She gestured at her head quickly, then pushed outwards with her mind, inviting him, through the magic of an earring, to come into the mental communion that her, Veridian and Delath shared.

Delath says he has not seen or heard anyone, Shinsou. How do you want to proceed?
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    For a moment, Philomel's magic took the Telgradian by surprise, but it soon became obvious what the spell was intended for. Willing the words to enter her mind, Shinsou spoke into the ether.

Let's take a look around. There may be patrols further in.

As Shinsou stood in the mouth of the unstable, filthy tunnel that Delath had carved for them, gently swiping fragments of soil from his coat, he looked out of the earthy maw and past the treeline to where Crennick's house stood a few hundred feet away. To most, nothing would seem out of the ordinary, but Shinsou knew much better than that. This place should have been crawling with sentries. All of that neoclassical architecture housed one of the major organs of the Brotherhood, and, like any vital part, it should have been afforded the utmost protection. Guards, dogs, personal bodyguards; all of them were conspicious by their absence. From what he could see in the limited moonlight, the building was dark and quiet. The stairs to the main door were there; again, sentryless and openly inviting intrusion, the absolute antithesis of the security that the Brotherhood held in such high regard.

"Crennick's residence was not chosen as his quarters out of a misguided sentimentality for architecture," Shinsou whispered to the faun, who now stood again by his side, "It's a bastion for the Brotherhood. So, where the hell is everyone?"

After a moment's pause, assessing and re-assesing the options or lack thereof, Shinsou finally quietly waved the troupe out of the tunnel and towards the lavish headquarters, being sure to cling to their surroundings as they went. The Telgradian still couldn't fathom why no patrols were out, and wondered for a moment if it was some sort of trap. It seemed to be the most unlikely of explanations but with the most dangerous of insinuations; that Crennick and his guards had known they were coming, somehow. However, the odds of that worse-than-evens at best, and Shinsou didn't want to contemplate that outcome, especially given as Philomel had no obligation to be there and was already endangering herself for him. As the group got within mere feet of the frail perimeter walls, Shinsou saw a shadow flicker within the grounds of the house and raised a hand, signalling a stop. His expression of concern, however, suddenly twisted into a frown.

It was a wolf, one that was big and beautiful with silver fur that shimmered in the luminescence of the moon. It passed through the grounds without interruption before disappearing through the treeline of the surrounding woods.

Wolves don't come into populated areas. Has the bastard scarpered?

With that, Shinsou began his cautious journey to the ground floor entrance. Once white, his shoes were now rusty brown with dust and the soles were worn. As the laces trailed on the ground, over-long as they were and frayed like some old goat-tether, each step felt like a step towards inevitable disappointment. The Telgradian tried anything to not think about what would happen if he opened the entrance to an empty house. Behind him were soft prints in the soil, and before long slight movements of grit and stone as he and Philomel ambled up to the back door.

As he looked up from underneath his chestnut hair, his golden eyes met Philomel's own gaze and returned starkly back to the door. His right hand gripped the brass handle as his left clung around Enpera's pommel.

3!!

The door swept open on its hinges, crashing into a plaster wall as Shinsou, Philomel and her entourage poured through the door like soliders besieging the breach of a castle. Immediately, though, they stopped, skidding to a halt on a dusty wooden floor. An ominous, skin-crawling shiver went up Shinsou's spine and, as he gauged his surroundings, it all sank in.

The residence was empty.

Lighter patches of colour stood in contrast to their faded counterparts, marking walls and flooring where paintings and furniture had once resided. Outlines of dust marked the feet of cabinets, and deep scratches on the laminate flooring were evidence enough of a careless and hurried escape by the previous residents.

"The fucker's long gone, and all we're left with is this..." Shinsou growled, gesturing to the majesty of the empty building around him, "Dammit!"

In that frozen second between the entrance into the building and the revelation of Crennick's departure, Philomel could see her friend's eyes flick from the room to her. His face was unreadable; a little anger, maybe, but suddenly a thoughtful expression swept over him.

"Perhaps, though, he left in such a hurry that he couldn't take everything. After all, there should be archive after archive of Brotherhood documentation here; perhaps even a clue as to where he's gone to. Let's look around a bit..." Shinsou suggested, pulling Stygian from it's sheath by his side. In an instant, its undying light filled the room, illuminating their path and chasing away the pitch-black curtain of shadows that had draped over the house.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 05-04-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    "Are you sure they were ever here?" said the faun as she gazed around with steel eyes glowing with the sort of fury that would haunt children's nightmares.

It was true. It was if someone had never really been here, or had gone but perhaps months before. With her keen eyes Philomel could see the darker markings of where objects had been, those odd perfectly rectangular shapes on the wall that showed where the sun had never reached far enough to bleach the paint or wood. They stood out like bright red soldiers on a green hillside, declaring themselves and the mystery that surrounded the absence of the villains that were supposed to be here.

What had Shinsou said? Something about the fact that he needed her help, and knew where to strike, but beyond that Philomel had taken him as word. Her heart began to pound solidly in her chest as she spun around taking in the absence of everything. Even the carpet had been taken; there were marks were tacks had once bolted it down. The strange thing was however that there were no obvious signs, at least not obvious ones from this first brief look, that told that it had whole happened in a hurry. No obvious hastened footprints in dust to show that someone had whirled around, grabbing what objects they could and then fleeing this horrible mansion. Neither was there sign of any accidental damage done during such a rush, something that someone might even expect. No spilled water from upset vase, no stern scars in the ground from when a chair had been dragged haphazardly across the floor. Although was was this eerie emptiness that she did not quite understand.

Turning, she met eyes with her darling Fox who is now back to his normal size, all embers fading from his coat. Chest heaving up and down with the anxiety of uncertainty, she stared at him and they shared a knowing gaze.

"An archive you say?" she asked, not hiding the speculation in her voice.

Some people might have said that this was the trap, that her dear friend here had actually been leaving her all the time into chaos. After all, she was the Matriarch, a woman loved by many, but hated by the other half. Certainly, there were bounties for her head, and some of them might be from this changed Brotherhood that Shinsou spoke of. Shinsou could be part of some rouse to lure her into a place of death and pain – but then this was him they were talking about. The man who had never failed her, not once. No she has not been a fool to come with him by herself and her allies tonight.

Looking around the room she found a doorway, pristine and unbroken. Lifting up her Nameless sword she gestured at the doorway with its curved blade.

"Might as well start somewhere," Philomel suggested, with a little more power this time.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: