Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “You would dare to invoke the Winter’s Court?! Are you mad?!” She screeched, flying up to the man’s face and stopping mere inches. Her hair flew wildly around, and her gaze screamed nothing but pure fury. “I may be a Fae, but I am no spawn of Winter! I do not renege on my agreements! But consorting with the Court of Ice, you must be willing to play quite the dangerous game. My second condition is that you are forbidden from mentioning our agreement to anyone. Not to the Winter Court, your friends, and especially not to Ezoreth. If you even mention it to that corpse, I can guarantee that he will flee or murder you. Or both. I will, however, concede that your soulwatcher can be made aware. They would be useful in assuring Ezoreth’s soul is gone. Do you agree to this condition?”

“As I said, the Fae owes me for saving his life - I am no idiot to make deals with EITHER Court. But - so long as you abide by the deal, I will not mention you to any others, you have my word on that. Talking with that one is a last resort, the final option if you will. So, I agree to the condition again, but my warning remains.” The truth was, Fenn might owe him his life - but the real thing would be the fact that Ezra and Fenn were already close, with Ezra trying to nurture Fenn. Nevin had a feeling that if this ghost somehow hurt Ezra, Fenn would happily help figure out how to get rid of it permanently.

“So. When Ezoreth’s soul begins to manifest, I will bring Ezra here, to help expel it so you may take your vengeance and my friend saved. It any part of him remains, it will be dealt with - and so long as you abide and do not harm Ezra outside of dealing with Ezoreth's *expelled* soul, I will not mention you to anyone else but the one who will help ensure that Ezoreth is completely abolished from Ezra. Are these the satisfactory terms, Summer lady?” Best to make sure that they were on exactly the same page here.

“I am no fool either, child. When you refer to ‘dealing’ with any remnants of Ezoreth’s soul, what I refer to is destroying the body. If my soul has returned to the Earth, so must my body. Understood?” She paused, looking away from Nevin with a solemn gaze towards the wall. “The third and final condition is more of a request… and it is a bit of a selfish one. But it is the one request I value most. You do this for me, and I shall grant you a boon, one way or another. Whether I return to the world of the living, perish with the destruction of Ezoreth, or even if you discover it while I am trapped here.”

They turned back to Nevin, reaching with translucent hands and placing them on either side of his face. Her eyes seemed to tear up again, and although no tears formed, it was clear she was distraught. “I need you to find my child. Find my beloved little dragonfly and tell me what has become of them. I must know what happened to my little one.”
    Last edited by Nevin; 11-30-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin cursed inwardly, of course the Fae caught that. He had intended to deal with that situation by trapping Ezra/Ezoreth if any of the bastard survived, until he could find a way to fully cleanse his friend. But - he had to nod. If the bastard took over, it would Ezra’s death. And then her third condition, and dark red eyes went wide.

A Fae child, lost and their mother slain. Wait - wait was that why - Nevin’s mouth dropped open. That was why Ezra immediately took to mothering Fenn?? The man closed his mouth with a loud click of his teeth and nodded slowly.

“I will do this for you, Fae. A child should never be lost without their parent, it is wrong. Tell me what you can of your little dragonfly, and I will endeavor to search for them. Even if do not find them before - before we have to deal with the bastard, I will search. And I will return to your grave and tell you.” He bowed his head.

Ezoreth was a disgusting bastard.

The Fae woman blinked in surprise. The human’s straightforwardness in finding her child was something she hadn’t quite expected from the man. Despite his simple looks, he did seem to care about seeking her child and discovering their fate. She could only hope his discovery would end in something more positive. “...I thank you, human. I suppose having the boon of the Summer Court is something that cannot be ignored so easily. My little dragonfly has black hair, their eyes are a beautiful green like the forest… When you spot them, you will know they are mine. I cannot express my gratitude in words for your willingness to answer such a simple request, but if they are alive and well, I would ask you another favor. Watch over them. Guide them until they can return to the Summer Court safely. Will you do this for me?”

“I will. I will find them and endeavor to return them to where they belong. I will search this tower again to see if I can find any trace of the child, and then I will begin my search. Now, to make the deal, we need our names. I am Nevin Aimaparapoiitis, and I agree that if, and when, Ezra begins to show signs of a hostile soul, one Ezoreth, taking control, I shall bring her here, to this tower, alongside an individual who can see souls. Once here, we will expel Ezoreth from Ezra, so that the Fae - to be named as she agrees - may take her revenge upon him. If Ezoreth survives the process and remains infested within Ezra, to ensure his demise I will… I will destroy him. So long as the Fae abides by the restrictions to not directly hurt Ezra, and only attack Ezoreth’s expelled soul, she shall remain secret here - and as a boon for her, I will search for her child, and help him return to the arms of the Summer Court. Agreed?” He slowly extended one hand, staring hard at the Fae.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The Fae stared at Nevin for a long moment, head tilted to the side. Should she really put all of her faith in this man? The last human she ‘trusted’, she ended up having her soul removed from her body and possessed by a psychotic old mortal too afraid to return to the earth. Her hands hesitantly reached for the human, her fingers hovering over his cheeks. She continued to stare warily as she spoke.

“I, on the name of the Summer Court, solemnly vow not to harm the creature known as Ezra and only assault the soul of Ezoreth Vrall to ensure he returns to the earth where he belongs. I agree I also vow one boon to the human Nevin Aimaparapoiitis in exchange for the knowledge of my child’s current whereabouts and if the child is found, will be in his care until I am able to reclaim him or is able to be safely returned to the Summer Court. I once more swear upon the name of the Summer Court and upon the name of Asteria. Consider this contract agreed to and sealed.” She moved close and pressed her lips gently against his, the faint spectral press faint against the human for a brief moment. The Fae - no, Asteria, - pulled back, looking at Nevin with an almost soft look of thanks combined with a steely glare of determination.

“Now, go, Nevin. May Titania bless your path.”

Nevin stared at the ghost for a solid ten seconds, processing the fact that a Fae ghost just kissed him. Wordlessly, he bowed before tightening his grip on the alchemical text, and turned to head up the stairs. He did not say a thing until he had made it to the ladder, and climbed up it - pausing partway up to look back to her with a very strange expression on his face. “Dare I ask why a kiss was needed, Madam Asteria?” He seemed almost hesitant to ask, from what he knew a kiss wasn’t necessary to make a deal - a verbal agreement was enough, from what he knew.

Asteria looked to Nevin from where Nevin had left her, and she placed her arms behind her back. “There could be many reasons, silly human. Perhaps I am indebted to you for assisting me at all. It could be that I am grateful for your agreement to find my child. Or it could be I am just thankful for any sort of communication after who knows how many years and wished to show my appreciation.” She chuckled quietly, running a hand through her hair before returning her stance to a much more relaxed form.

“Or maybe, just maybe, I couldn’t help but mess with your head. Who knows? Maybe I’ll tell you the answer when you return? Leave you in suspense a little.” She gave another chuckle and a small wink before fading from Nevin’s view.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin stared at the spot where she had been for a few moments after her disappearance. This was - what? Why in the name of the sweet Flow - if he hadn't been hanging on the ladder out of the basement, Nevin would have thrown his hands up in exasperation.

The Fae, Asteria, had been shrieking at him, furious and enraged, then distraught over the fate of her child - and then mischievous as she kissed his cheek. Nevin officially did not understand what the hell had just happened. And it was clear the Fae wasn't going to clarify things any more, as her little vanishing act showed.

So Nevin growled and continued his climb. Sure enough, he was under the hatch that he had destroyed the latch on earlier, and he emerged back into the first floor with a grunt as he shouldered the hatch open. His feet almost carried him out of the tower - until he remembered there was a chamber he had not explored. He couldn't take the chance that the Fae child was trapped there - so with his leg burning in pain, Nevin climbed the stairwell once more.

The door was surprisingly easy to open - and when Nevin walked in, he felt like he had stepped into a greenhouse gone wild. Plants covered every inch of the interior and looking down, the redhead could see he was walking on a thick carpet of clover. He sneezed, hard, at the sheer amount of pollen in the air, and covered his nose and mouth with one sleeve as he ventured further into the room, looking around.

The plant life here was not twisted and mutated like that stuff outside - in fact, it almost seemed healthier than any he had ever seen before. Vibrant and blooming - even plants he knew weren't in season right now. This - this had to be the work of the Fae child. There - tucked in the corner of the room, almost entirely overgrown, was a small stone slab, with blankets piled on top of it. Nevin felt a stab of sorrow. Ezoreth had made the boy sleep on that?

But, no. The Fae child was not here. He must have escaped after Ezoreth passed on. Nevin cursed under his breath as he slowly made his way out of the overgrown chamber, and back down the stairs. His leg was burning in pain, overwhelming the anesthetic properties of his threads, but still he pressed on - he could not stop here.

Nevin didn't know how he made it out of the tower, or the forest, safely. All he knew was - he had to get home. At some point, he stopped thinking, focusing only on putting one foot in front of the other, trudging across the distant that felt like it stretched on forever, as he headed back to Stonevale. He knew he could make it - or, he thought he could. He was wrong. Somewhere along the way, he collapsed on the side of the path, and a frantic Aphrael shot off to find help.

A voice, one he knew. But wrong, where was three emotion he knew should be there? There was concern, and confusion, but - he gave up, thinking about this was too hard now.

~Fin~

A member of the NevCrew:

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Title: A Twisted Tower
    Judgment Type: Workshop Submission

Nevin receives 3328 EXP and 67 GP as well as the following spoils:

Vials of Vitality x2(Mutated Deer) : Healing serums created from the blood of a mighty beast, brought down in its twisted prime. The blood in these vials contains the life force of the animal, and can heal those who ingest the blood. (Each use heals a moderate amount of damage, such as deep cuts, cracked bones, mild internal injuries. Each vial contains one does of blood.)

Vial of Berserk x1 (Mutated Deer)

Blood drawn from a powerful, insane beast, that ignored many wounds that eventually lead to its demise. When ingested, this blood dose will increase the strength of the drinker to three times that of a normal human - at the cost of stripping away their sanity and making them ignore pain. It doesn't make them immune to it - wounds still accumulate as easily as before, and without self preservation active, danger is increased. A powerful aid - but one that has a price. (One vial, one use)

Congratulations!
    Last edited by Breaker; 12-01-2017 at 11:43 AM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    All rewards added.

Nevin reaches level 7!