Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare took a moment to absorb all that Ezra wanted to know and had to say. When they mentioned the presence of more kenku potions, Stare perked up. Her ear holes - somewhere on either side of her head, hidden beneath all that plummage - would have perked up had they had any form of external mass. Instead she cocked her head, tilting it to the side like a real bird would and listened intently, blinking her large black eyes slow. She remembered that her brother, Avin, had had a very distinctive pink marking in one of his eyes, that had not made him blind for it seemed to lie outside of his pupil, but it had always made him the most noticeable ronin kenku anywhere.

How she missed him.

As Ezra went on to ask questions Stare paused, and thought about how to give blood again. Certainly, the potions had been useful, and she reasoned with herself that more could not hurt. Thus, she dropped her gaze when they began and stared (what she did best) at the dagger at her belt. After what seemed an age she plucked it out and looked around until she saw a usefully empty cup. Holding her knife in one hand and bearing her forearm she paused, looking like she was going to stab the table.

She turned back to Ezra, and paused, realising what it looked like.

"I mean you no harm, I was just trying to figure out how best to get you the blood."

Pausing, she tossed over the knife to the other hand and nodded, before answering.

"I had a family," she said with a rather mellow voice, expressing little emotion. "They are all dead now, including my older brothers, who were murdered. My father died of old age - we kenku can only expect to live to forty or so - and my mother of a broken heart. Hence me starting out in the world. Now ..." she paused and shrugged, a claw picking at the edge of the knife. "Now I guess I just have Vitruvion."

The idea in her head that her master (aka her god) was the only family in her life made Stare feel slightly sick. Her eyes dropped down to where she fingered the knife and she let out a huffing sigh.

Thank you? came the amused voice.

Go away, she grumbled. Vitruvion said nothing, only gave her a whistful smile before he swilled down his drink. Stare turned her attention back to Ezra.

"Foods ... I literally eat anything. Meat though, is a good one. Perferrably cooked, but we are omnivores. Our bodies have sort of adapted over time I guess to accept the foods of other places. And yes, I am employed." She shrugged. "By a man who is currently listening to our conversation via the back of my head." She paused, realising it sounded a bit like he was some form of symbiote. "I mean we have a telepathic link, that is the best way to describe it. He ... finds you interesting. He is a scholar, academic sort."
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 5,029, Level: 3
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 3,971
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,971

GP

Name
    Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall
    Race
    Homunculi
    Ezra immediately flinched when the knife came out. It wasn't so much that they believed Stare, who was supposedly a good friend of Nevin's, would actually harm them. But after their adventure in Salvar and the near life-ending incidents with the Church of the Ethereal Sway, the paranoia of being hunted down by one of the Church's mage hunters had always lingered in the back of their mind. Their left arm burst into lightning, the purple streaks of electricity bounding from their palm down their forearm. Their eyes were wide but both the emotional outburst as well as the lightning magic vanished after a brief moment. Their facial features returned to the usual stoic appearance they always carried as the realization the kenku was simply going to use the knife to draw blood for Nevin's alchemy.

"Ah... sorry. I have had some... less than positive experiences when it comes to myself and someone else with a knife in the same room." They stated, stretching their fingers to relax how tense their hand had become. The lightning magic was a rather new spell for the homunculus, and its use was still uncomfortable to wield properly. Ezra raised a brow at the confession of being an orphan except for this Vitruvion fellow, and they made a mental note to look into the man a bit more. Their new friend had let out a sigh about the man, and that did not usually bode well. Perhaps Vitruvion was not a good person? Ezra could not place why, but the idea of one being subservient to another seemed to leave a bitter taste in their mouth. With a quick reach, they grabbed one of the honey candies in the nearby basket and plopped it into their mouth. The sweet taste sent a shiver down their back, and their muscles seemed to relax and their stance became much less tense. The taste of honey had become something of a relaxant for the homunculus.

At the mention of the telepathic link with their employer, Ezra's eyes sparkled with excitement. "How very interesting! That is quite a powerful magic that your employer has. And with that link, he is aware of my... origins, for lack of better term. Well, that is most unfortunate. I prefer to have the discussion about such things in a more private setting, but it cannot be helped. I would only ask that he keeps it to himself. But an academic man, how curious. Is he well versed in alchemy? Perhaps he could explain a little more of my background at some point in the future. But, I doubt you are interested in talking about such boring topics like work. Your diet does surprise me, as certain species of birds are incapable of digesting certain foods so the fact that you seem to be able to eat like a human is quite odd. Odd, but fascinating."

They shifted their gaze to the ceiling for a moment, then around the room. Once they had done a full glance, they locked eyes with Stare once again and let out a faint laugh.

"...I will admit I am still learning how to commence in 'small talk' so I have little experience in coming up with topics to discuss."
    Briarheart: Quick, become a disciplinomancer and Groundaga him

(13:48:58) Nevin: Ezra can be whatever you need them to be
    (13:49:07) Nevin: Ezra doesn't judge.
    (13:49:18) ArcanaFate: Swiss army wife, basically.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Well? she offered, Now is your chance to properly show off?

I do not 'show off,' as you so colloquially put it, my dear, Vitruvion grunted, showing her briefly his view. He sat in a bar, alone, right in the back and in a private booth overlooking the main area from a mezzanine. Before him was a goblet that he had his hands curled around, and a set of stairs that ascended to his area to the right. However ... He paused, and she was shown a picture of him grinning.

She gave out a grunting sigh and looked at Ezra. "So far he has freaked out because you have some essence of demon, and has certified that to his knowledge demons cannot create life." Awkwardly she fidgeted with the end of her knife, concious of the blade digging into her skin. When she remembered Ezra's comment about not being fond of knives she stopped what she was doing and smiled uneasily.

"He will not - wait -"

You won't spread their secret right?

Vitruvion leant back, his eyes still observing the hoi polloi below, No, I will not. Purely for the reason that I want to know what this friend of your alchemist's is, and if they are powerful then I will want that power for myself, likely.

Stare rolled her eyes. "He will not tell anyone about you, don't worry." She huffed, "Despite his ways he is actually trustworthy and is rather good at keeping secrets. You can be persuaded that he will keep it to himself. As for knowing about alchemy, I would not be surprised if he did not know about some of it at least.

The god nodded, I do know some.

"He does know some," Stare related. Then she paused. "I apologise for not telling you earlier about him, its not every one who thinks that having a voice in the back of your head is normal. Or belongs in the realms of sanity." Gently she placed down the knife and swapped it for the cup. Taking a moment she took another sip of the tea, angling ceramic to keratin and chugging it down in a less elegant corvid manner.

"Really the knife was about me thinking it might be good to give you some more of my blood. If I do, then perhaps Nevin could use it, like he did with the last lot. And I could give you a feather or too if you are that interested?"

She gently placed a claw over the dagger and waited for Ezra's answers. Meanwhile Vitruvion fell back to silence, merely observing them as he did the crowds in the bar, like a god over his world.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."