Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)

On Blood Banks and Vampires

Radasanth was definitely different than Stonevale had been. The customers who came into his shop weren't primarily miners looking for one potion, for one thing. They also seemed to be scouting him out at times, comparing his products and his prices to other local Alchemists. Nevin specifically had not gone to other stores to compare for himself - he is spiky red hair, growing back out, was a bit too distinctive, and he wasn't about to go making waves.

Especially as he was not joining with the local Guild. Despite Madison's warnings, the redhead knew he couldn't tie himself to a guild - their oversight would be a bit too chafing and problematic for him. After growing up in Salva and leaving to travel, restrictions tended not to sit well. That had only gotten worse after the incident that had led to who he was now - large, organized groups in general now made his bile churn and his spine stiffen.

So instead, he opened a small shop, slept in the back and worked in the basement, and worked on his own. He put his prices a bit lower than what he felt they were worth - but here he could offer a wider variety of products. He also stated quite blatantly that he was willing to work on commissioned products if he and the customer could reach an agreement.

That had actually gotten him the majority of his business. It seemed that most of the Alchemists of the Guild felt they were too 'reputable' to be making custom potions, unless the client was quite wealthy. They also tended to refuse to work with poisons, leaving that to the 'riff-raff' alchemists. Like Nevin was now.

He had to admit, it was a bit of a change from Stonevale. The minor celebrity treatment had worn off for the most part, but it had still been nice to have people smiling at him on a regular basis. Made him feel less of a monster on some days. Now, the only people who smiled at him were usually small children running in for his candies, or tourists who didn't want to pay the full prices Guild Alchemists would ask for.

Still. At least they left him alone. He had been given an out on 'protection' money after demonstrating that he could quite handily defend himself - the Crimson Whip was becoming notorious, as it left no blood behind. Add on to that he was willing and able to make antidotes and healing potions, and ask no questions about why they were necessary... Most of the underground in the area left him alone unless they needed his services.

It had given him even more of a predilection for working late into the night though. The ruffians who normally frequented his shop operated in the later afternoons to the early mornings, and as they made up the bulk of his business, he had geared his hours to reflect when they might need him. It was working, for now.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 18,921, Level: 5
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 1,079
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,079

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    "I"m sorry Miss, I won't be giving you the blood potions you need! They seem to specific, to tailored to a certain creature's needs! I won't sell to riff-raff like that!" The young alchemist with brown haired tied back in a pony-tail said chidingly to the purple haired vixen with the kitsune sleeping on her shoulders. He then firmly shut the door on her seductive frame, the last thing Sivienna saw was a shake of dislike from his youthful frame.

A sigh escapes fom the exotic dancer's mouth, as she poked her tired kitsune awakening muttering "That's the fifth shop today Serenity! I hate this! I keep getting turned down because of WHAT I am! Hell, if I don't get those freaking potions soon I'm not going to be able to control myself! These cravings! They keep increasing!"

A squeak escaped from the twin-tailed fox, her brown eyes popping open sleepily as she drawled "You should KNOW why your cravings are increasing mistress! You made a choice that night and now you have to live with it! If your so worried you should go to Seth! He SHOULD be able to help you with your current problem Sivienna!"

"Ugh" the night vixen exclaimed pursing her lips heavily as her lavender orbs scanned Radasanth busy streets. She could see dwarves entering in and out of shops filled with little machines, or a knickknack or souvenir one wanted to bring home to their child. The clopping of hooves could be heard as a carriage filled with two female drows chattering away galloped past the pale vixen and her little familiar. A louder sigh escaped from Sivienna's lips as her disgust continued to be voiced "You know he's off killing a den of cultists, he won't stop until he saves his daughter. He told us both that plain as day when we visited our son. Before that even!"

Serenity stretched cutely her tails bristling in the light breeze as they were approaching yet another alchemist shopping. Stopping her stretch, Serenity nuzzled Sivienna gently as she quipped "There's another shop we could try! Why don't you go in this time? Be a little more forceful with what you need! We don't need you having to go off on a hunt for a couple of animals just so you can siphon their blood to cure your needs! Maybe this shop-keep will be friendly Sivienna! Use your charm!

Sivi's shoulders dropped, a frown on her face as she mutters "This isn't helping Serenity, I"m not getting the potions I need to prevent my cravings from taking hold! I should just..." looking at her familiar seeing the chocolate brown eyes being encouraging and the little smile made the night vixen smile. Pulling her kitsune close she hugs her like a plushie muttering "Thank you, I"ll just try harder!" hearing the ding of a bell acknowledging her entrance to the neat little shop. Her eyes fell on the custom made potions glittering in glass bottles.

This shop seemed different more friendly, less stiff, more open. Stopping to examine a pink potion floating full of little green herbs, a smile came to the vixen's lips. She might have found the place where she could get the blood potions she needed. Turning lightly on her booted feet, she walked up to the counter. Examining the crimson haired alchemist her lips formed into a warm smile. This man is different then all the other mousy stiff alchemists I've dealt with so far! He doesn't look like a robot trained to just sell to the elite! He seems like a real potion maker who'd sell to his customers!

Her kistune leaps off her shoulder and went to sniff a clear, cloudy potion in a small star shaped bottle, little bits and pieces of herbs was floating merrily in the cloudy potion. The fox's curiosity was peaked as she asked "Excuse me sir? What is this potion? It smells interesting!"

Shaking her head Sivienna coughs slightly to let Serenity know she shouldn't just go off exploring. But in a polite voice she murmurs "Hello sir, my name is Sivienna! You have a lovely shop here!" Looking around and gesturing with her arm she continues "Much different then all the other alchemy shops in the area! If you don't mind me asking, would you be willing to sell to a lovely girl like me? All the other alchemist turned poor little old me away!" The vampiress knew she was using her natural charm perhaps a little TOO heavily. But she was absolutely desperate now to get the blood potions to stave off her cravings and she would use any means necessary to get the potions that she so wanted.
    Last edited by Nightsangel; 11-01-2017 at 10:57 PM.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Time had been passing slowly for the alchemist. Once more his clientele weren't coming in - it seemed to be a slow night, all things told. At least that gave him tiny to tidy up a little, rearrange things on the display shelves and the like. Not too much was out of place - the children ran in for candy specifically, and his other business tended to know exactly why they were after.

So when a woman with a fox walked in, Nevin was alone in the shop. For the first time there was a new note in the Magic humming against his skin - something odd, almost wary, but not quite, in the voices that sang to him. It was enough to alert him to the fact that there was something different about the woman who was... Laying it on thick. Nevin raised an eyebrow and studied her, and the fox, for a moment.

"Turning away people in need is rarely a good business model, but it is one that I have noticed that some other alchemists in this town will do. I however,
    only have the restriction that I may not know how to make what you desire, so if it isn't on one of my shelves, we will need to discuss it."
    And honestly, at this point he doubted there was much she could ask for that he couldn't make.

Working with the shady types who frequented his shop now, Nevin's practical experience with poisons, antidotes, and drugs had grown dramatically. He might have to ask what she was to make sure her product wouldn't have unexpected side effects on her - a flash of a blonde child on his floor- but unless she was something truly strange he didn't think that would be too much of a problem.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    Serenity's tails twitched softly as she circled around the star-shaped bottle, the smell coming from the bottle was still making her curious, but she knew mistress needed to get her blood potions to stave off the urgent cravings that had began happening recently. Sitting down on her haunches as she kept her eyes on the shop-keep and Sivienna, the little fox couldn't help but think Your a good man Seth, and a decent one. But you certainly put my mistress in interesting situations to say the least. I think I know what happened between the two of you, especially with what her bastard of a father hinted at, but still hopefully soon you'll be able to help Sivi out, she shouldn't be alone this time with her predicament! she then barked a little at the shop-keep after her thoughts finished, simply to get his attention as she once more asked "What is this potion sir? It looks interesting! I would like to know what type of potion this is?"

"So you'll help them? Thank you so much!" Sivienna exclaimed happily, warmth was in her voice as she turned to smile at her cute little kitsune. Her voice was a little over-excited as she explained "I know this may seem odd, but I need either blood packets, or blood potions and as many as you can offer! I have a certain issue going on, where if I have a decent stock of the items I asked for I"ll be in good shape!" she then let her eyes travel around the shop, taking in the neatly offered array of candies and potions. Her orbs continued traveling swiftly over the potion-maker's stock of offerings. She could see that he definitely was different from all the stiff guild licensed alchemists that sold their goods like programmed little soldiers.

Her tone was soft as she stopped her study of his store and murmurs "That's a good philosophy to have, excuse me my forward nature, but what is your name? I do have to say from what you told me your way of business is very unique compared to all the other alchemy shops here in Radasanth. You seem to be willing to sell your potions to your customers, even if they seem odd! Which i'm grateful for, because I'll be honest with you, all the other shops turned a pretty lady like me away. They all seemed to fear me! When I wouldn't harm a fly!"

Her familiar laughs softly, shaking her head as she chirps "My mistress is friendly, she's just different then your normal human! She's special, so her needs and wants cater to that uniqueness and we are both very happy that you are willing to sell your goods to us!"

"Serenity is my familiar's name and she is right, i'm very happy that you are willing to help me and my kitsune out. Now then quick question, do you have blood potions in stock? Or would you need to brew them?" the night vixen asked warmly, her elbow leaning lightly on the shop's counter-top as she awaited the alchemist's response.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin had been watching the fox from the corner of his eye - if he had to rescue the bottle from falling he wanted to be ready. So when it sat back and switched its gaze to him, one red eyebrow rose up, wondering. And then it spoke, and he blinked slowly, staring at the small creature. Well, now he had no idea what either of these individuals were - the fox was obviously more than a fox, but the question was, what?

Still, she was a customer, asking a question. And he wasn't going to discriminate. "That particular potion, little one, is a soporific. While it won't put you to sleep, it will relax your body into a languid state. Useful for relaxing but staying awake." He nodded to his before focusing his attention on the woman that she had come in with.

A simple nod - he would help, if he could. He doubted this woman was any scarier than some of the mooks who came in, or the other shady men who came looking for poisons or the like. And as for odd - his first real friend was a Kenku, another was a cat girl, an Elf, a Fae... There was quite a selection, in all honesty. So no, he wasn't about to care about a customer being odd. If he was flatly brutal, their gold would spend just as well.

"So. Blood potions." That was... Well. He could easily provide a selection. The question was, what did she need? He drummed his fingers on the table and frowned slightly, then pulled a pad over and began to take notes as he asked questions and she responded.

"You say need them to fulfill specific requirements. Is this a matter of, specific nutritional intake requirements? Do they need to be from a specific source?
    Consistency or blood conditions?"
    His tone was brisk, businesslike as he asked the questions, his dark eyes boring into hers as he spoke.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    Serenity's chocolate brown eyes lit up brightly, her twin tails begin to swish in her excitement as she barked at Sivienna warmly "We should buy this too! It would help you mistress, lately you've been having trouble relaxing!" she then went over and begin to examine more of the shop-keep's stock, her nose twitching at the array of scents in the shop. The sweet smell of the candies was particularly intoxicating to the kistune familiar. She never had tasted anything sweet in her journey with her mistress. To be honest, they had been on the run far more often as of late, and had no time to stop and relax. The little fox knew that this little stop to pick up Sivi's blood potions was no different. Her mistress had explained to her that they would pick up her blood packets, to stave off her cravings. Then they would continue on to Sarah, to give her the gift that Seth had gotten from the vampiress's no good father.

Sivienna meanwhile giggled a little at her familiar's antics, she knew her little pet was curious about everything in the shop, simply because she never had really been in a shop like this. Sivi recalled going into an alchemist's shop, once with a nanny her father had sent her with. But it hadn't exactly been a smooth trip, the potion maker had realized what they were and had literally chased them out of the shop, shouting at them to go find their nutritional needs elsewhere. Her nanny, being like her father, had not taken it well. She had drained the potion maker dry and then had run off with Sivi in tow.

Shaking her head at the brief memory of her childhood, the dark vixen straightened her thoughts as she heard the man's questions. A small smile came to her lips as she murmurs softly "Your not fazed by odd woman are you? You seem to take things in tow, I saw that you were shocked my familiar could speak! Her name is Serenity by the way." a little laugh escapes from Sivienna's lips as she curiously asked the shop-keep "I"m guessing no-one with a magical creature has every set foot in your shop?" finished with her little banter, the exotic dancer then got to the point and answered his questions about the specifics of the potions she needed.

"Well to be honest, they are for nutritional requirements. I need them to sustain myself! As for consistancy, not to thick but not to thin and I prefer the blood come from an animal. That would sate my needs very well!" she then begin to twirl her finger against the shop-keep's counter as she finished her last request for her potion needs softly murmuring "Can you preserve your blood potions sir? I need them to last a long time and not spoil, because....I won't know when I'll have time to pick up a fresh supply! I'm a very busy woman!"

Serenity chirped softly, eyeing her mistress pointedly, as the look the little fox was giving Sivi clearly said Your lucky you have time to pick up a supply now mistress! We don't know when your father will send somebody after you again! We really need to move along and head out to fulfill Seth's request! Plus you know how Sarah is! She is going to be hard enough to find, and hard enough to convince that its safe for her to come out of hiding! Sivi simply responded to familiar's clear look with a thin smile, her eyes losing some of the warmth, as her look implored back to her familiar that she knew the situation, and she was working on her current need as fast as she possibly could!

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    For herself - Ah. Nevin's back straightened slightly. This was a vampiress then, one of the beings that Nevin had first thought the Church of Crimson was worshiping, before his encounter with the beast in the cathedral here in Radasanth. He studied the woman for a long moment, gauging her, then nodded once. He spun his pencil around and began writing quickly, jotting down notes in short hand as he started to speak. "I've met magical animals before - my familiar for example is definitely non-standard. Just not a talking fox before. As to the requirements for the substances. I can certainly accommodate your needs. Something for ease of ingestability, with a mild nutritional supplement to help with what looks like more advanced anemia than you should be experiencing, likely due to the timeframe between your meals." He frowned and tapped his pencil against his mouth as he thought.

Preservation was normally done via salting a substance, or adding chemicals that would prolong the lifespan of a material. Of these two standard options, the salting would have been what he would do to solve her needs. As a vampire, ingesting the preservative chemicals would likely be disgusting, so not something he would subject a customer to. However. Nevin was not a normal alchemist. In the regards of blood potions, he had a few more options than another alchemist would be able to achieve. And it wasn't like she was going to be overly curious about it - she'd likely be too grateful to get what she so clearly needed to be too interested in asking how he'd accomplished it.

"And yes. I can indeed preserve the blood potions for a long while. They should last, at the very least, for up to four weeks before you'll have to consider getting more. Unless that is, you consume them all before the - I refer here to their lifespan, not your rate of hunger. I have enough to make approximately two liters of blood potions here with me. Preparing them will take..." Another frown, and Nevin traced numbers on a counter as he thought. "Roughly an hour per liter, subtract time due to the fact that these are requiring less modification - Miss, do you need me to mask the taste of the blood at all?" He had paused as he thought of that. From what he knew most of the night-walkers drank from the 'tap' so to speak. Perhaps she came searching for an alchemist to provide what she needed due to an innate squeamishness? Could she not stand the taste of the blood? This was something he needed to clear up before he made what she was asking for.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    "I see." Sivienna said softly, as she drummed her fingers lightly against the counter-top, a smile came to her lips as she heard that the alchemist could help her with her needs. Clasping her hands together tightly, Sivienna inclined her head politely to the shop-keep to show her gratitude towards him. In a warm voice she continues "I"m glad that my familiar comes as no surprise to you! You have one as well? What creature is it?" Sivienna asked deciding to learn just a bit more about the potion-maker she was interacting with. If I can count on him as an ally...then I wouldn't have to go hunting around for my blood potion needs, or any magical concoction I might need in the future! A partnership would be beneficial to us both! absorbing the information the crimson haired shop-keep explained to her, her hands unclasped as she looked briefly at Serenity to make sure that her kitsune wasn't exploring the shop too much.

Seeing that Serenity was merely sitting on her haunches, giving her a curious look, Sivi felt relieved that she had this brief relapse of time to get supplies she needed. The comely vixen knew that the minute she met up with one Sarah Dahlios, her time of respite would end. Hell, the exotic dancer had the sinking suspicious feeling that her father would send hell and high water after her, to pay her back for the through trouncing she had given him back in the citadel. Her eyes darkened slightly as she thought If he sends anyone after me I"ll send them packing! Especially if its my no good half-sister Rianna! She's just going to bitch, whine and moan at me about saying I should behave and act like the rest of my family! But no! I chose my path and I'm sticking to it!Besides, my father can rot in hell for causing my mother's death! Shaking the thoughts from her head, Sivi focused on what she was doing now, which was picking up blood potions to sate the cravings that had begun developing recently after she and Seth had met their son Salil at the citadel.

The purple haired vampiress had a feeling, that something was going on inside her body, and she was sure that Seth was the culprit of her current predictment, but she knew the feelings she had for him couldn't be helped. She wanted to help him, because she knew his soul was suffering, for now thought she begin to talk to the shop-keep, responding politely "Thank you sir, you are right, I need a blood potion that would be easy to injest and keep me full between my meals. Furthermore, I have the time to wait for you to brew the potions sir, I currently have no where I need to be at this moment. As for masking the taste of the blood....no I feel you don't need to do that, as long as it is brewed in a potion, then I am perfectly fine with the taste!" It is my life's blood after all, it what keeps me living even though I"m a vampire! Sivi thought wryly.

She then coughs slightly her voice warm as she asks curiously but sweetly "What is your name sir? I feel like, we could start a partnership, if its not too bold of me to request, I could buy the potions I need from you ever month because you said my supply could last a month, then when I need to resupply I could come back into your shop and pick up a refill, would that deal work for you?"

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Hm. So while the woman was in a hurry, it wasn't the kind of urgent scramble that necessitated extreme haste. That was good, it meant he could properly brew the potions together and adjust them without worrying about going too quickly and missing a step. If he was just making straight Essences he wouldn't have been concerned - he could do that in moments - but this was more like proper Alchemy despite the fact that he'd be using his magic to affect the products.

"Good to hear. And when I said the supply would last a month, I meant that's how long the preservative effects would last. I don't know how fast you'll go through what I provide. Now, then. Miss, my name is Nevin. And I can easily adjust the flavor to something else, if the straight flavor of blood is disagreeable to you. "
    'As long as it's brewed in a potion' - so she was not comfortable with drinking straight blood. An interesting note to make - it seemed that consumption of blood, while necessary, was not guaranteed in the mind of the vampire.

Nevin blinked as he realized he hadn't answered her question yet. "My familiar's name is Aphrael. She is a giant crow, and is currently.... Over the docks, watching people because she's a creep." The alchemist had paused in the middle of his sentence and closed his eyes, concentrating on Aphrael to see through her eyes. He could feel her indignation and amusement at being called a creeper, but she also didn't leave her perch on a rocking mast.

He opened his dark eyes and focused them onto Sivienna. "Now then. As I said, it will take me about two hours to prepare the potions for you. Any request on the flavor? And I would appreciate you leaving the shop while I work - there are potions in here that can be quite dangerous if spilled, and I won't be able to prevent such occurrences while I'm brewing."
    Last edited by Nevin; 11-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    Sivienna laughs softly as she listens to Nevin's words, the smile already on her face widened as she murmurs "Familiars make wonderful companions don't they? I would like to one day meet yours!" She nods softly upon hearing Nevin's request for her to temporarily leave his shop while he brews he potions. With a small wave of her hand, she bid him farewell for the moment and carefully walked her way towards the shop's exit. With a small jangle of the bell signaling her exit, she closed the shop-keep's door with a smallclunk

A smile forms on her lips as she begins to wander down the the shop lined street of Radasanth, she was considering picking up a few things she might need. One begin a new cloak, if she was going to hunt down Sarah Dahlios, she knew she'd have to explore the Radasanth sewers, and the vixen knew it wouldn't be a pleasant trip. It'd be dark, dank down there and she figured that Sarah was holed up somewhere deep with the maze of sewer connections. Probably hiding from my father's hunters. Sivienna thought briefly, she soon saw a clothing shop and just to the vixen's luck she saw a dark violet cloak, made of soft leather, shimmering in the glass window's of the cute little shop. Walking quickly to it, she pushed the door open and was greeted by neutral tones of peach and gold and a bit of green to accent the other colors decorating the shop. Various dresses, pants, shirts and undergarments were being displayed beautifully inside the nice shop.

A blonde haired woman, with bright blue eyes walked up to the night beauty and asked cheerfully "Hello miss!! Whats your pleasure? We have beautiful clothes and shoes here and outer wear as well! Just take whatever you want up to the register and I'd be more then happy to assist you with your purchases!"

With the garment she wanted already in her line of vision, the exotic dancer made a beeline for the gorgeous dark violet leather cloak that was being advertised thorugh the shop window. Removing it carefully from the manniquin displaying it, Sivi pointed at it and said happily "I saw this featured in your window! Its perfect for my needs! I'd like to buy this now please!" she then walked up to the register and placed the pristine violet leather cloak on the counter-top.

The clerk looked at the lovely cloak and said happily "Lovely miss! That'll keep you nice and warm against an chill air!"

Sivi half-smiles and said sagely "That's why I want it my dear!" she then watched as the shop-clerk rang her cloak up and she handed over the necessary coin. Clutching the bag to her chest, she ambled out of the clothing shop and looked up at the pretty blue sky. She hadn't passed much time since Nevin had asked her to leave his shop. Seeing a pastry shop across from the clothing shop, a grin once more came onto the vixen's soft lips as she whispers to Serenity "Lets get ourselves a little treat before we have to go search for Sarah!"

The pair then made their way to the sweet shop. Where Sivienna helped herself to a raspberry tart and purchased herself a cup of hot coffee flavored with chocolate. For Serenity she ordered the fox a meat pastry. Looking carefully around, the vixen took out a flask where she was keeping a small supply of blood she had recieved from a butcher she had bargained with for her small supply she had right now, adding a drop to both her coffee and her tart, she sighed before beginning to devour her treat. Once finished she whispers to Serenity "I hope this tides me over for now....."

Serenity by now was finished gobbling up her own meat pastry, licking the last crumb of the pastry from her lips, Serenity barks softly "You'll be fine Mistress! We should start heading back, I"m sure Nevin's finished brewing your potions by now!"

"Good idea Serenity! Lets go!" Sivi responds softly. The familiar and vampiress then made their slow trek back to Nevin's shop. Feeling full and contented as the pair finally arrived back at Nevin's shop, Sivi pushed the door open up slowly, hearing the bell jangle announcing their return. A smile was on Sivi's face as she walked back up to the counter seeing if Nevin was finished. Loudly she called out "We are back Nevin! Its Sivienna, did you finish the order I placed?"