Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The vampiress had departed without giving a response about any preference for the flavor of the blood supply - it seemed it didn't bother her as much as he thought it might. Hm. In any case, as she left Nevin followed her to the door, locking it up behind her as she and her fox left. Once the door was locked he propped a sign on the window sill next to a candle -

Brewing. Caution. A simple caution, but one that people had long ago learned to heed. A brewing alchemist was dangerous, perhaps more than at any other point for most - during the process, the reagents they were using often took on unstable properties of their own. No, far safer just to avoid the place for a time. Nevin was glad the local clientele had accepted the fact that he only put the sign up when he was truly brewing - apparently, some of the local Alchemists would put similar signs up and leave them up at all times, making it impossible for people to know whether or not that particular shop was actively working on a potion or not. Sloppy, in his opinion. At least the Guild tried to stamp that out when they caught one of theirs doing it.

Door locked, and warning in place, Nevin turned and headed into the back of his shop. There was no handy basement for him to work in here - but there was a somewhat secluded office that he had been able to renovate into his workspace. He closed the doors behind him as he went - no point in slipping up on good practices now.

A few steps carried him to one of the cabinets in the room. A gentle toss landed the book on the table towards the back of the room, and then Nevin opened the cabinet. Red threads snaked out from beneath his clothing, weaving together into larger cables and ropes that danced in the air. Nevin pulled two large jugs from inside the cabinet as his threads heeded his will, circling around the room and picking up small pots and vials. His various burdens were deposited on the table next to the book, and Nevin rolled his shoulders.

It had been a while since he'd worked on a potion of any kind in this sort of quantity. His normal small flame and pot wouldn't work for this - no, two liters of blood and the various additives for nutrition would require his cauldron. If she had been going to consume all of this in one go, like a snake eating a large meal and then going for an extended period with no sustenance, this would have barely required any preparation at all. Dump in the additives, stir, and done.

But. This needed to last for at least a month - and Nevin hoped that two liters would be enough to sustain the vampiress for that long. So, without preservatives that would possibly ruin the precious fluid for.... Cobalt. She had never given him her name. Well, thankfully she had a rather distinctive appearance. Hm. Whatever her name was to last that long without preservatives, it would require a suave of his magic.

Crimson tendrils reached out and plucked up the jugs and poured their contents into the large cauldron. Red blood flowed out, pooling into the bottom of the cauldron, and Nevin set to work. A thick cable of threads slipped into the blood and began stirring it rhythmically, as Nevin's hands and other threads plucked various containers from the table and counters around him. Powdered plants, crushed minerals, simple splices, traces of different liquids - all were added in, the thick rope of threads stirring steadily.

As he worked, Nevin was releasing magic into the mixture through the cable. He was ensuring the blood would remain as smooth and... ingestable as straight, pure blood, despite the additions. Not only that, but the addition of his magic would keep the blood as fresh as possible for up to a month. It would have been easier if he had just added some of his own blood to the potions, but he had no idea what would happen if a vampire drank some of his blood and he didn't want to test it when he would not even be there to see the results.

Finally, the process was done. With a ladle, he separated the mixture back into two separate jugs, and put a stopper in them. Nevin brought the jugs out to the main area, and set them beneath and behind the counter, out of sight, before he walked over to unlock the door and remove the warning. That done, he returned to the counter and started doing paperwork.

The door rang and he looked up as the person announced herself. It was the vampiress, and now he finally had her name - Sivienna. He cleared his throat and nodded.

"Yes, Miss Sivienna. I've got them right over here." He lifted the earthen jugs onto the counter and tapped them. "Two liters, with nutrients added in. They'll last for approximately a month. I hope that there is enough." He rang up the transaction before raising an eyebrow to her.

"If you know of any others who have... Requirements like yours, telling them about my shop is fine. I know it can be difficult to find providers."
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 18,921, Level: 5
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 1,079
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,079

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    Serenity was riding cutely on Sivienna's shoulders as the vixen made her back up to the shop's counter. Her twin tails were twitching cutely in the air as she felt satisfied from her meal at the pastry shop. It had been quite a long time since Sivienna and the little kitsune had any down town to relax. Normally it was either running from the hunter's Sivi's family sent after the pair, or running into Seth or some other companion and getting into a whole heap load of trouble. The little fox's nose wriggled slightly at that thought as she yipped and barked softly, her mind thinking I'm sure we are in for a barrel full of trouble when we deliver Sarah her little gift....I don't even want to think about the mess that awaits us with that situation. dismissing that thought for now, the little familiar snuggled into her mistress's shoulder her two tails curling behind her as she begin to doze softly.

Patting her adorable familiar on its head, Sivienna stroked the soft fur gently as she heard Nevin's response. A smile lit up her face as she murmurs "Thanks so much Nevin, your help is greatly appreciated!" Moving to lift the earthen jugs up, she carefully placed them in her pack as she fished out her wallet. Taking out the necessary coin for payment, she placed it on the neat, clean counter-top. Her hands lifting away from the gold. Her smile remained in place as she continued her response "I might have some friends who could use your services. I just have to ask if they are in need of them!"

Adjusting her satchel on her shoulder, her smile became bemused as she asked softly "Why did you go thorugh with my request for blood potions though? You definitely seem like a one of a kind alchemist! All the other shop's seem to be under the guild's thumb! What makes you different?" Her stomach rumbled slightly as she took out a small bottle that was filled with shimmering crimson liquid, despite the fact that she had just sated her cravings, her body was letting her knew she needed more nourishment.

A frown came to her face, as she could only recall one other time when her need for plasma had been this demanding. It was when I was pregnant with Salil...but this feels different. I don't feel that endless pulse of magic that I felt when he was growing inside me, this is just an endless hunger. A thirst for blood. Its a good thing, I decided to pick up a more ready supply, I don't want to go into a blood crave frenzy and not have anything to satisfy it when I trying to hunt down Sarah's hiding spot...but, am I pregnant again? My body sure as hell feels different from normal... trying to shake these troublesome thoughts from her head, the vixen vampriess gave Nevin a warm smile again as she murmurs "Please do tell me why you helped me, why you resist the guild? From what I saw in the shop's I was thrown out of, the guild takes care of their alchemists pretty well!"
    Last edited by Nightsangel; 11-20-2017 at 05:28 PM.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    "Hm. Well. The answer to pretty much all of your questions are tied together. So, let me answer them not in the same order that you asked them. Your last question first. What kind of person would I be to turn away those seeking help who have done nothing to me? There are two answers: a terrible one, and a guild alchemist. Now, if you had by chance, at some point, harmed me or those close to me, this would have been an entirely different encounter, and you would have left here with nothing but my enmity. However, you have been calm, you have been courteous, you have been polite and restrained despite the fact that your hunger has your fangs showing." Nevin raised an eyebrow and gestured for her to drink her blood. He waited until she had done so before continuing in the same even tone.

"Now. As I do not judge people before I have met them, I do not agree to abide by many of the guild's restrictions, one of which limits the races that one can provide aide to. I cannot stand such decisions, so I will not do so.
    Mark one. Mark two, someone comes to me for aide, and as a guild alchemist I would have to demand payment, or risk losing my job. I refuse to sit by like that, as I would detest it if someone else sat by when I needed help. Ahem. So,
    you say you were thrown out when you needed help, and ask why I would refuse to join the guild. That question, answered itself."
    Nevin sat back and folded his arms as he thought. That.... he hadn't paid much attention to the bylines of the guild, just memorized them and tucked them away to never be actively thought of again. But now, Sivienna was bringing them to the forefront, and he was fuming. Any and all special research and development had to be cleared and guided by a senior alchemist, and if you went against that they had a special potion that could seal an alchemist's ability to work their magic on brews. At least, they claimed that. Nevin had his doubts, but even so - that was a brew that needed to be eliminated. Or memorized, then eliminated. But that they would actually forbid helping vampires, when the blood-drinkers were actively trying to get around their painful situation was appalling. He grit his teeth for a moment before blowing a tuft of brilliant red hair out of his face.

"And, well. I refused initially because I prefer charting my own path and the guild likes to have all of their little ducklings in nice little rows. People like me, alchemists who don't bow down to that order, get cast out and labelled the 'riffraff' and for the most part, ignored. Now, I have a couple of advantages that worked around the guild not helping me because I wouldn't bow to them - but others can't, they need the guild to survive. Many alchemists cannot gather their own ingredients for example, they rely on the guild to supply them - I much prefer gathering my own, and even aside from that I have a few friends who help me in exchange for services. Secondly, I quite enjoy working on problems for non-human races, they fascinate me far more than human ailments tend to. However, the guild prefers people only work on medicines for their own race. Pah." He snorted and shook his head. "And the guild has a few ingredients that they just refuse to allow experimentation to be done with. One of those, well, is blood." He gestured to the jugs of blood he had prepared for her. "A normal alchemist could, theoretically,
    have prepared these. The problem is, he would have no idea what to do, because blood is not a substance he uses as a base here. I work primarily with blood because of..."
    He shrugged. A vampire wasn't about to think blood magic was disgusting. "Well, because I'm a blood mage. A blood alchemist, I suppose." Another shrug.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 18,921, Level: 5
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 1,079
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,079

GP

Name
    Sivienna Mizami
    Sivienna chuckles lightly at Nevin’s response. He was his own man playing by his own rules, he could fend for himself. His explanation about why he did need the alchemist guild made sense, he could gather his own ingredients and seemed perfectly capable at brewing his potions. Sniffing at the concoction in front of her she could smell the quality. It seems he was an expert at his craft.

Placing the earthen jugs carefully in her bag, she had to rearrange the contents to not break the small vial filled with crimson liquid. This vial was important, she needed to deliver it to Sarah right away. Her little run for supplies was now over. Carefully shutting the bag closed with a small SNAP. She was glad she had found Nevin to help with her nutritional needs.

Smiling as she placed her purse across her shoulder she was about to thank him for everything when she heard he was a blood mage. Her smile grew as she thought I thought he was a unique man, different and... I knew I was strongly smelling the scent of plasma! So he is a blood mage! That makes sense!

Sivi looked at Nevin her voice soft as she murmurs “ I knew you were different Nevin! You didn’t turn a woman like me a way and... since you revealed what you are! I’ll show you the same courteous!” A laugh escapes from her soft lips as she continues, “ I’m a vampire! If it wasn’t obvious from the potion I requested! But I sincerely want to thank you for your assistance! For being an alchemist that doesn’t work with the guild and for helping those in need!”

Extending her slim hand she finished up “ If you ever need help with anything, my name is Sivienna Mizami, i’ll Help you if I can and I’ll definitely return if I need anymore potions!” She then turned to leave Serenity quipping “it’s nice to meet you Nevin! Hopefully mistress and I will see you again! Thanks for the help!”

Vampiress and Kitsune then turned to exit the shop, extremely satisfied with their purchase. The vixen in particular was happy she had a prion to date her cravings, she could now find Sarah without any peoblems, plus she had met a new ally! All in all, it had been a very good day for Sivi and she was ready to begin hunting Sarah down to give her the gift Seth had fought hard to give her.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Title: On Blood Banks and Vampires
    Judgment Type: No Judgment