Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “Feh. You're an idiot, and they are too. Once I get my strength back I'll be escaping from this place.” Nevin just shook his head.

“Your escape wouldn't bother me much. It would make the assessment that you're in good health quite easy to make, which makes my job easier.” The mage snorted, a laugh that shook his body and made him wince in pain. His bruise eyes focused on the mug in Nevin’s hand.

“Wine?”

“No, you aren't up to that, I think. Just some water.” Nevin held it out, and the mage jerked it away, watching as some of the clear fluid spilled onto the floor. He dipped a finger into it and sniffed the digit, then tested it with his tongue.

“No medicines?” Nevin shook his head.

“I had no idea what state you were in, so bread and water. Once I'm sure you can handle simple plain foods, then we’ll look at more substantial food.” With a jerky nod, the mage guzzled the water. Behind his back, Nevin tapped the ground as the seconds passed. By the time he had tapped ten seconds out, the mage’s eyes had begun to glaze over as he finished drinking.

“Now then, how are you feeling?”

“Scared, a bit. If what you say is true, then someone at the Church thinks I've already spilled my guts to these people, and want to find out what they've learned from me. Which is nothing, but they won't believe that.” The mage didn't seem to be paying attention to what he was saying. Nevin smiled softly and nodded.

“I know, I have to deal with a church myself. Not for Sabazios, I'm dealing with the Church of Crimson.” The mage let out a snort.

“Those psychos. I heard they recently cleaned up their act in Radasanth, they aren't trying to hire the Bounty Hunters to hunt that alchemist of theirs down anymore. The ones here though are still as nuts as ever.” Nevin nodded and made agreeing noises.

“Now, it looks like you can hold water and bread down would you like some more?” The mage nodded, and Nevin slowly stood up, doing his best to remain non-threatening as he made his way over to Stare to speak to her in a quiet voice.

“What do you need to know? And can you get a little more bread and maybe a bit of meat? It looks like the tonic has fully taken hold of him, so a little more food won't affect the effects on his body.”

Stare paused, still in the doorway. She murmured quietly back. “If he has any information on Sabazios himself, how the demon, their deity, has changed. Most importantly though we want to know of the being who has been said to influence Sabazios, the one working with him.” Her eyes flickered to meet Nevin's. “His colleague, the High Mage, the one we killed, spoke of this influencer very negatively, so it might be the same from this one.”

The kenku drew her voice even quieter, barely above a whisper. “If you can find out the plans, where they plan to strike next. If you speak badly of Vitruvion it will help you. They consider him an enemy.”

“That, I can do.” Nevin’s voice was equally quiet, though he did let her see the flicker of a smile that danced across his lips for a moment. Then he straightened back up and returned to the mage.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “Well my friend. They'll work on some more food for you, some simple and plain fare that should be easy enough to digest. Now. I admit, the Crimson Church has changed a bit back in Radasanth - I was in the city not too long ago myself. What about your church, any recent upheavals? Maybe someone who looks like these folks’ damn pretty boy of a boss lurking around?” The mage snorted derisively and leaned against the wall.

“I'll say. Ever since that white haired prick started hanging around, everything we do has been focused on causing misery. Sabazios didn't use to be like that ya know. It was a fun church to be a part of, Lord Sabazios was dedicated to partying until you bled. Used to have these huge shindigs, lots of booze and women all the time. Then that bastard pretty boy godling - that's what he called himself anyway - came along, and that all changed.” The mage’s tone had grown extremely bitter at this point.

“No more parties for us, oh no. Everything was sunk into the Bounty Hunters guild, apparently searching for ways to hurt this place’s pretty boy. Lord Sabazios tried to stop him, claimed that departing from his sources of power were hurting him too much, but white hair didn't care. I don't know what he did to our Lord, but he forced Lord Sabazios to obey him. Some people tried to leave, but the white haired bastard said something about ‘ants only being useful while they worked’ and killed them. Now everyone listens to him, since he killed mage and normal people with the same amount of effort - none.” Nevin sat back, frowning. “Yeah, you see why I'm not too eager to go back to the Church. Even if it will get me to the big party thing happening out in Radasanth, I don't really want to go back to them.”

“I can certainly see why you want to stay away. But, wait, I thought you said that this white haired godling wanna be didn't let you have parties anymore?”

“Yeah. Don't know why he changed his mind but hey. They were planning it when… Well. When I was graciously invited to stay here at the white haired bastard’s expense.” Nevin copied the man as he spat to the side. “Said something about a new investment out there being weakly guarded compared to stuff in Raeria, and promised us that if we helped the raid we’d have all the beer we could drink. Something about a Celestial?” Nevin sat back as the man began nodding off, then he slowly tipped back against the wall, snoring as he slept. The alchemist stood up and brushed off his pants before walking over to Stare.

“He’ll wake up in a couple of hours, and won't remember this.”

Godling. The word burned in her mind. Stare kept glaring at the man, considering the details of the white hair and the arrogance. That pure white hair was a family trait - even Ventrua, Vitruvion's loyal half sister, had it. It had to be another half child of Ansaldo, somehow come to Althanas.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “Fuck,” she whispered under her breath. “It has to be.”

“One moment,” she said to Nevin as she and he exited the room. Firmly, she bolted and locked the door behind her. She threw the keys back over to the reading half-giant who smiled cheerily at them. Taking a moment then she breathed in and began to expand with her mind. Her eyes began to slide out of focus before-

I heard it all, a cold, rigid voice said, I heard it all. We have a very serious issue.

It sounded like they are planning something to do with my brewery. She saw a brief look of a mad anger, intense and burning. Eyes were dark, jaw was set and altogether he looked as if he was ready to destroy a galaxy … It made her stop, her heart pounding and truly anxious and fearful. We need to prepare, Stare.

She breathed out slowly, her mental nod turning into a physical one. Opening her eyes she realised her face was wrinkled with worry and she sighed as she saw both Brer and Nevin watching her cautiously.

“That just made things far more complicated. Sorry. I … we should leave,” she nodded to Nevin. “Now.”

Personal experience of Vitruvion's madness when he was truly furious was clear in her mind. She wanted to be gone as far as possible, the memories of the physical pain still clear in her mind. And he was currently with Blaze or Sable. There was nothing she could do, only get herself and Nevin far from the situation.

Thus she indicated the door and began the fast march out.

The two of them left rather hurriedly, faster than Nevin had expected them to after everything that had happened. But at this point he wasn't surprised - he had seen the look of fear on her face for a moment watching as her expressions and flickered. He had figured out that that was a sign of her talking with Vitruvion - but what had been said between them that had her actually scared? Even in that damn Castle, she had never been scared. Disgusted, startled, annoyed - but never afraid like she was now.

So he kept quiet as they left, winding their way back through the corridors of the Hollow, passing by guards who nodded. His dear friend said nothing as they left, and only paused when they reached the main entryway and turned to look at him. Nevin blinked twice before remembering that he wasn't to see the route here, then took the bandana back out and rebound his face.

Cutting off his sense of sight was somewhat less effective than most people realized. Aphrael hung high above in the sky, lazily circling in slow loops through the air. She had a poor memory for specific buildings, but she could remember routes quite well. But with Stare already concerned and Vit already agitated, Nevin was not about to mention this to her and make things worse.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Instead, he just kept quiet as Stare led him back to where their mounts were. He staggered a bit when they reached the chocobos, because Rai decided to show his appreciation for Nevin’s return by headbutting the man squarely in the middle of his chest. Nevin snagged the side of the feisty bird’s bridle to stay upright, glaring through the blindfold at Rai.

Stare kept her eyes forwards, her heart still racing like it was ready to explode. Carefully as she could she batted Rai away and helped her friend onto the riding birds. Once done she swung herself up to the patient Sen, who huffed a greeting but acted like a ‘proper chocobo’ should. Taking Rai’s reigns and hers in hand she led the group of them away from the stables and out onto the street. For a while she strode in silence until they were a decent way from the Guard House, and had rounded a corner enough for it to be out of view.

But never out of mind. Stare truly pitied the one who was subject to Vitruvion’s fury right now. It was the worst thing about him, and she could only count her blessings that it was no longer her.

“Right,” she said softly, and she pulled the birds to a halt. Angling her body around she spoke louder. “Nevin, you can … take it off now. We can head back to the House or the … pub?” she smiled uneasily before passing the reins back to him.

She waited until she could see the dark red eyes and the crimson hair again. Though her fear was still plain in her eyes, her heart methodically began to relax in pace again. After all, it was not her, she had no reason to be afraid. Vitruvion was more likely to kill anyone who beat her, let alone do it anymore himself. Aside from when she disobeyed him.

“Either way,” she said, calmer, “You have helped much. Thank you. Truly.”

Nevin reached out and squeezed her shoulder, offering support as he nodded. When she seemed relatively calm her pulled back, swatting Rai on the back of the head as the chocobo twisted its neck back to bump against him again. He couldn't tell if the ruddy bird was being affectionate or ornery. After his mount subsided, he looked over to Stare.

“I'm glad to have been of help to you my friend. Now. I could rest, or I could drink. Sadly those little sandwiches were hardly filling, so wherever we go I'll need some food.” His lips twisted into a grin as he stretched out. Then his expression tightened a bit.

“I thought I had cleaned out the corruption in the Church of Crimson. It seems my work isn't done in that regard. Thankfully there isn't one of those Cobalt-taken Scarlet Servants here this time - Vitruvion or I would have noticed if one had taken up residence in the city. So. Where shall we go?” The redhead shook himself abruptly, shaking off the dark musings he had fallen into, and raised an eyebrow at Stare.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Stare narrowed her eyes in distaste, “Vitruvion would never allow them to be here. He is one of four - now three, sorry, important and powerful men here. The other two are brothers in the Hollow, and we brought about the destruction of the one who was not a few months back. There are the other officials, but if he wanted to he could take over this city,” she breathed in and rolled her shoulders back, thinking about Thesus Heysan and what he had done. She clacked her tongue against the side of her beak for a moment, before she shook herself and forgot about the noble who had taken Vitruvion’s mill in the city hostage, inclusive of nearly a hundred workers, raped them before setting the place alight.

“House is fine, we can hole up in the library with food. You’ll like all the books, and can find what we have on the Red Forest,” she rubbed Sen’s shoulder before nodding.

“Let’s go,” she said, and kicked the chocobo’s side. Throwing up his beak Sen cawk’ed to the sky, and then started racing.

Soon the two birds and their riders were running back through the streets, heading to the mansion of Sir Elssmith and the comfort of the library. On they went, past empty street and filled marketplace. Past shop and garden and house and crossroad. Round to the estates they travelled, coming to the grand gate that was still open, and chasing each other back into the stables.

Ten minutes later they were entering a huge room. Long and wide it was rectangular, ending in a huge bay window, and with deep, dark wooden shelves down both sides of the room. Top to floor they were filled with books, with no space for anything else, and every bit of it was crammed. Only a small pair of double doors that lay opposite the bay window, the bay window itself (which was more of a cushioned bench) and the door they came in through was not covered in books. The rest of the space was cast in shades of red-brown from carpet to painted ceiling, including the chairs and tables. A comfy set of armchairs were waiting for them, and over to them Stare carried a plate of steaming pastries, fresh from the oven.

“Welcome to the library,” she said with a gleam in her eye. “One of the good things about my life.”

Nevin’s eyes were tracking back and forth, taking in everything around them. This place was quite grand, and if he hadn't known what she had gone through he might have been envious of her solely for this library. The works that must be contained in here, covering a span of subjects and eras! For a moment he was tempted to ask of they had any books on Alchemy here, but he held his tongue, instead taking one of the pastries with a smile to his friend.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “This place is quite impressive. I can see you spending many hours here when you aren't busy with your responsibilities. Now then. We’re on the look for information about the Red Forest - but no one ever said that's all we would read about or discuss. Any ideas on where and what to start with?” Nevin sat back and began slowly munching on the pasty as he watched Stare set the tray down and sit across from him.

-----

Another room. This one smaller, but still large. A huge heavy oak table with ten chairs surrounding it. One is clearly where the master of the house sat - for this seat had elaborate, twisting arms and the image of a prancing pegasus carved into its back. Around the walls hung six portraits of the same man, steadily changing with the fashions but never in age. A soldier, a scholar, a scientist, a romantic, a book-lover and a merchant were all there - all facades of a single life lived.

“Someone was snoring all night, I could hardly sleep. It was one of the rooms to the west side of the house, really loud and borish. I am so tired now, honestly, I feel like I have very little energy to even begin the day.”

Stare rolled her eyes as she fell into her usual chair. Ever since moving to the mansion she had come to sit on the left hand side of the ornate chair - Vitruvion’s. The right hand was dedicated to Raevin. No one ever sat there casually, aside from visiting nobles at dinner. Usually it remained empty unless the elf warrior was staying in the mansion.

Beside Stare was a black haired elf, Mer - a woman who she and Vitruvion had rescued from the clutches of the Bounty Hunter Guild. She was proud, but prudent, a clever woman with many wits about her and a way of moaning that really annoyed you when all you wanted was a nice, peaceful breakfast.

“It wasn’t you, was it Stare?”

Stare grabbed her coffee. “Mer, no it wasn’t. And I am sure it wasn’t Nevin neither, before you start moaning about ‘your friend’. It was probably Druss as usual. If you are tired, then go back to bed. Have half an hour and then join the world again.”

“But I am awake now,” the elf frowned deeply, smoothing down her find cotton dress. “And I have things to do, apparently, because you say they need to be done. Honestly, do we have to interview every member of the household ourselves? Surely Druss or Mrs Deerling could …”

The kenku groaned and stood. Reaching forwards she began to grab food from the many plates in the middle of the table, where there was cold meat, bread, cheeses and fruit aplenty. A dish with a dome held hot sausages under it as well as warm bacon.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    It was at this point that Nevin came in, his hair disheveled and hanging loosely around his head, the tips brushing across his shoulders as he blinked at the people in the room. He had followed the smell of food, but had expected that it would lead him back to the kitchens, not to a dining hall with yet more pictures of Vitruvion hanging around. His dark red eyes slowly scanned the chamber before he grunted and started making his way over to a side table where he could see a carafe with coffee steaming inside of it. After he had poured himself a cup he slowly turned around and looked towards Stare.

“Good morning to you, and to you as well Lady.” He nodded his head towards Merla. “I have to say. The person who was sawing wood all night was rather loud, wasn't he? I think I know a tincture that can help with that.” Nevin was speaking somewhat softly despite his confident tone, and he winced as he took a drink of the coffee. A moment, and then he drained the cup before pouring more, then stalked over to the table and sat down at an empty seat along one side.

“Please tell me you all don't suffer that nightly.”

Stare’s eyes smiled as she saw her friend walk in and then sit. She started to slowly pile layers of cheese and cold meat on bread.

“Druss has been snoring on and off since he joined us here,” she explained. “He's not the lightest of sleepers. He has a room on the west side where you were. Apologies on behalf of him.”

She pushed the food into her mouth and savoured the taste. Mer looked between Stare and him for a while before coughing.

“Oh yeah, Nevin, this is Mer. Mer … Nevin. Mer does my job when I can't.”

“And sometimes when you can,” the elf smirked.

Stare threw her a dirty look but went on. “Was everything else alright for your sleep?” she asked her friend.

Nevin raised one eyebrow at the catty attitude of the Elf that was sitting down he couldn't quite see why the woman was taking shots at Stare, but then again, he did have to remind himself that he hardly knew everything that went on here. And the way she was eyeing Stare, obviously trying to see if her comment had gotten a reaction - which it had, his friend had thrown a look that was just short of using one of her powers - he could tell that this Mer girl was envious of Stare. So instead of leaping to Stare’s defense, which the avian girl scarcely needed, he instead smiled at her with half-lidded eyes as he drank more coffee.

“Most impressive Miss Mer. I'll write down some creams for reducing stress lines, I know that Stare has quite a few onerous tasks.” He coughed slightly before turning an actual, warm smile, to Stare.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “And as for sleep. I know not this thing which you mention. I…. Perhaps might have gone back to the library after being unable to sleep due to Druss. Ah, that reminds me.” The man began rummaging in the pockets of his trousers, then brought out a small black pouch, scarcely more than a scrap of cloth folded and sewn up. Holding it over his coffee he pulled it open, up ending the contents into his drink. A thin stream of small silvery sand fell into the mug, and Nevin stirred the contents of his cup with a finger for a moment. Then a deep breath, and he picked up the cup and drained the entire mixture, and both women would see a shake run across his entire form.

“Rather nasty tasting stuff, and it feels like drinking sand mixed into your drink. Effective at helping with the aftereffects of a sleepless night, though.” The redhead’s smile was noticeably strained, now.

Stare looked at him with disapproval, “Nevin, you should have said. I could have got you a room on the other side of the house.” She paused. “Also you are going to be shattered for your trip if you leave today.” Carefully she avoided saying 'our trip’ just in case Vitruvion disallowed her to go.

“On that, I hope you found useful things. There was a book I found whilst we were searching on some of the more bloodthirsty plants, might be worth taking notes on it.”

Mer butted in then. “So did you get the Tailors done yesterday?”

“Yes and the Emporium. All that needs done is the Offices. If you could do that …” Stare looked at her with a raised brow ridge.

The elf pouted slightly but shrugged. “I'm perfectly capable.”

Stare sighed and glanced back to Nevin, eyeing his coffee and the effects that the silver powder seemed to have on him warily. “What did you find last night then?”

“It's not the first time I've had to deal with a sleepless night, and I doubt it will be the last.” The alchemist leaned back in his chair and stretched, working out kinks in his shoulders before settling back in. “I must have missed the tome on plants that you found - what I gathered was information mostly pertaining to the former master of the place, until her demise. Good riddance. A little bit on the history of the place before her arrival and twisting of the forest, but not too much was seen there.” He leaned forward and rested his chin on one palm as he stared ahead, eyes lost in thought.

“A few newsheets were stored in there as well, bound together and talking about various rumors about the place. Even after the former mistress’ disappearance people have gone missing, even experienced explorers who should be able to handle the dangers posed by man eating plants. Aside from that rumors of a strange cult, and a strange creature. The place has apparently gotten quite weird after her demise.” Suddenly he blinked and looked to Mer, and bowed his head.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “My apologies. This isn't quite a pleasant topic for the breakfast table.”

Stare shook her head. “No, it is good. The more you read the more prepared you can be. You helped me … Us greatly yesterday, and this is what we can offer to repay you.” Her eyes smiled as Mer muttered something incomprehensible. And probably negative. “Thank you Nevin,” she inclined her head to him.

Pausing to raise her cup to her lips she kept an eye on him, wanting to profess her desire to go with him, but not prepared to say in case there was disappointment. Long she drank, and as she thought of something new to say she began to lower her cup.

That was when there was a small bam from the hall outside. Followed closely by the sound of footsteps.

There was a tight pause, and then Mer began to move.

“I'll get it,” Stare hissed back at her, knowing Mer would do it wrong. Grabbing the plate from the top seat the kenku began to go through the dishes in a haste, piling on very selected foods, the best of the best. Behind them the beats of boots continued, getting louder and louder.

Mer sat there, lip curled.

“Hmm,” came a grunt from the dining room.doorway. And there stood Vitruvion, his eyes and features reflecting intense dissatisfaction. He was bare-chested with a shirt flung over his shoulder, displaying his perfect muscles in all their glory. And his eyes were focused on Nevin. “I forgot you were staying here,” he said in a hollow, grumpy voice.

Quietly Stare placed the plate of food at Vitruvion's chair, saying nothing. Awkward silence filled the room.

“I apologize for the intrusion, Sir Elssmith.” There was absolutely no need to go poking the bear in his den right now, not when he had been so irritated from what the Alchemist had seen on Stare’s face last night. Nevin inclined his head to the man and clamped his lips shut, moving his cup of coffee into the kitchen before slipping away. His simple presence would probably irritate the man more right now - so instead of staying and making the awkward situation worse, Nevin headed up towards his room and began to gather his notes and such.

He would try to find Stare again before he left, see if she had actually taken notes on the plants in the woods from the book she had found,and then he would make his departure. But before Nevin could leave though, he would have to see about thanking Vitruvion for letting him stay, and inquire to see if the man wanted any more of that truth serum that he had used - but he would wait, until after the individual had had a chance to wake up and eat. It would be easier to produce the stuff in the future - and he could do it discreetly, far more so than the hurried rush through the city yesterday had been.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    As Nevin pushed past him Vitruvion took a breath in, and then nodded slowly. He gestured.

“Mer, if you could leave please,” he said quietly, not moving further.

The elf raised her brows, and looked between him and Stare. Vitruvion stared at her.

“I mean now,” he insisted.

Stare remained at her seat, her eyes on the air where Nevin had walked away. He had been polite in her mind, good hearted. But for now, it was time to speak to Vitruvion.

Mer grumbled as she pushed herself up from the table and grabbed her plate and mug. She glared once at Stare, but then strode out, her eyes fixed ahead of her. As she walked past him Vitruvion raised his brows but let her pass without a comment. He reached and pulled the dining room doors closed before heading over to his chair. Heavily, and letting out a long breath he slumped into it, his facade of energy slipping away and looking entirely exhausted. A face he showed to very few people.

“Stare,” he said quietly, “This has become a very serious situation.”

Pausing, and finally moving her eyes over to him the kenku found herself nodding.

“Yes it has,” she admitted. Was he exhausted because of the effort he had put into punishing Blaze or Sable for the sake of his anger?

The god hissed with distaste and laid his head on the back of his seat. “That is not for you to moan about. We've had that discussion many a time.”

“I know,” she admitted with a thick voice, finally taking up her mug again. And she paused, letting silence reign for a moment before she asked.

“Brer will take a squadron of men up to the bakery to protect it,” he said decisively. “And I've told Raevin to start hiring more guards. We made need them.”

“It might not be enough if there truly is a half-brother of yours here,” Stare murmured. “Especially as he has formed an alliance with a demon.”

“Sabazios may be strong,” Vitruvion admitted. “His power may be quite capable of impacting against mine. It took away the enchantments of your original cuff, after all.”

She nodded slowly, awkwardly fingering her mug. There was a silence for a moment.

“No matter what,” he said in a low, quiet voice, “We will protect what we have. I won't let him, whoever he might be, take you from me.”

She closed her eyes and breathed out slowly.

“Stare, you are mine.”

Slowly she nodded, her heart steadily beating. “I know, Vitruvion.” And he did not that she was his, in property. He was talking about her being his subject, and he as her god. She felt his hand gently touch her feathers at her head, as nothing but warmth and understanding filled her.

“Stare,” he said finally.

“Yes, my lord,” she murmured.

“If you must,” he let out a breath, “You may go.”

Her eyes flashed open. Brows suddenly rose with astonishment and she turned to stare at him. He was looking at her with tired but serious eyes.

“You're … you're serious?” She asked in surprise.

Vitruvion nodded once, his expression fixed and certain. “Yes. And you need not worry about Nevin suffering any after effects of the Hollow. His power returned almost directly.”

She was eager but thanked him nevertheless. Sometimes the magic-cancelling continued on until much later. And days, with a correlation on how long you had been in there. “Thank you. Now about going?”

He smiled, “Yes. But on one condition, Stare.”

She nodded enthusiastically, suddenly energy in her body and full of excitement. “Of course-”

He paused. “Actually three. One, you keep an eye on that friend of yours. I'm immensely concerned about the divine magic you saw in him.”

Stare tensed but nodded. It was acceptable. “I will … try. But I won't hurt him.”

“And I'm not asking you to. Just for you to observe,” he paused, “Two, you come back in three days. No more.”

Again she nodded, eyes steady with his.

“And three, you get something. Something I have avoided getting for a long time for the concern of the harm it might do to me.”

She breathed in, gaze intent but showing entire willingness.

He smiled, faintly, but there were lines of stress around them. “The intestines of the ophiotaurus … those that when burned are said to be able to kill a deity.”