“Feh. You're an idiot, and they are too. Once I get my strength back I'll be escaping from this place.” Nevin just shook his head.

“Your escape wouldn't bother me much. It would make the assessment that you're in good health quite easy to make, which makes my job easier.” The mage snorted, a laugh that shook his body and made him wince in pain. His bruise eyes focused on the mug in Nevin’s hand.

“Wine?”

“No, you aren't up to that, I think. Just some water.” Nevin held it out, and the mage jerked it away, watching as some of the clear fluid spilled onto the floor. He dipped a finger into it and sniffed the digit, then tested it with his tongue.

“No medicines?” Nevin shook his head.

“I had no idea what state you were in, so bread and water. Once I'm sure you can handle simple plain foods, then we’ll look at more substantial food.” With a jerky nod, the mage guzzled the water. Behind his back, Nevin tapped the ground as the seconds passed. By the time he had tapped ten seconds out, the mage’s eyes had begun to glaze over as he finished drinking.

“Now then, how are you feeling?”

“Scared, a bit. If what you say is true, then someone at the Church thinks I've already spilled my guts to these people, and want to find out what they've learned from me. Which is nothing, but they won't believe that.” The mage didn't seem to be paying attention to what he was saying. Nevin smiled softly and nodded.

“I know, I have to deal with a church myself. Not for Sabazios, I'm dealing with the Church of Crimson.” The mage let out a snort.

“Those psychos. I heard they recently cleaned up their act in Radasanth, they aren't trying to hire the Bounty Hunters to hunt that alchemist of theirs down anymore. The ones here though are still as nuts as ever.” Nevin nodded and made agreeing noises.

“Now, it looks like you can hold water and bread down would you like some more?” The mage nodded, and Nevin slowly stood up, doing his best to remain non-threatening as he made his way over to Stare to speak to her in a quiet voice.

“What do you need to know? And can you get a little more bread and maybe a bit of meat? It looks like the tonic has fully taken hold of him, so a little more food won't affect the effects on his body.”

Stare paused, still in the doorway. She murmured quietly back. “If he has any information on Sabazios himself, how the demon, their deity, has changed. Most importantly though we want to know of the being who has been said to influence Sabazios, the one working with him.” Her eyes flickered to meet Nevin's. “His colleague, the High Mage, the one we killed, spoke of this influencer very negatively, so it might be the same from this one.”

The kenku drew her voice even quieter, barely above a whisper. “If you can find out the plans, where they plan to strike next. If you speak badly of Vitruvion it will help you. They consider him an enemy.”

“That, I can do.” Nevin’s voice was equally quiet, though he did let her see the flicker of a smile that danced across his lips for a moment. Then he straightened back up and returned to the mage.