Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "You know, Blaze, what happened to being intelligent in what you said in front of him? What happened to careful speech, keeping yourself controlled?" Stare snapped.

There was a light cough. The kenku paused, then pushed the goblet into the waiting, pale hand. The men's conversation began again. Blaze watched the interaction with growing rage, as Mer frowned.

"Nothing," Blaze replied haughtily. "But this situation is rather out of the ordinary, isn't it?"

"You fucking know that if I could do something I would," Stare whispered harshly. "But I can't. And he knows that I would if I could, so the opportunity never comes up. Life is what it is, Blaze. Deal with it. You gave me that advice once."

"I didn't realise how much of a hypocrite you would become, sitting here in your palace-"

"Shut the fuck up," Stare yelled suddenly, her rage suddenly live within her. "You don't know ANYTHING, you-"

A hand flashed out and grabbed her shoulder.

Stop, now. Look at me now.

Her words were cut off. Sucking in her breath she realised that she was staring right at Blaze, and that the girl was stuck, still and stunned as if in a trance. Realising exactly what she had done, what she had allowed her emotions to do, Stare began to blink, slowly at first, then more rapidly, her heart hammering as she felt the torment inside of her chest. The desire to be so furious, to argue all those accusations, to-

Stare!

The grip at her shoulder tightened, piercing.

There was utter soundlessness. Stare held the eye contact with Blaze for a moment longer, longing to instill a vivid sense of the faerie-elf's worst nightmare. But pressure built at her shoulder again and she swapped her glare. Instead of her red-haired victim she found herself focusing on the calm blue eyes of her god. A wisdom so deep she could barely comprehend the surface. A power so great that she had doubts no one was greater. A complexity of a man with such ambitions, a scarred past and villainous present that his future was beyond anyone's guess.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "Stare," the lips beneath those azure eyes said in a still, small voice.

And then she was herself again. Stare, the kenku, potential high priestess and steward of her own god. Stare, the administrator supreme, the weapon, the bold. Stare, the abused and misused, now with a great future. Stare - in control of her mind, emotions and life.

All was still around them. Even Raevin watched quietly, his lips pursed.

"Go," he commanded, gently.

She dropped her eyes, breath expelling from her lungs. Her hands were tight fists she realised, claws digging into her own flesh. The hold on her shoulder released to become a nudge.

"Go."

Then she nodded, knowing it was precisely what she needed to. Stiffly she rose, her breath short and sharp before. Twisting, she left her food and her seat behind her, ignoring the shocked looks of the guards and Mer. Striding out of the dining room she began to head for the stairs. With no other direction than that she ran up them, and then went directly to her room.

Once there Stare grabbed her dagger, then swept up her gauntlet lying on the floor. Determined, she began to fly into a rage, pushing all of her speed into a series of attacks. Memories of her brothers and father teaching her, memories of fighting in the many battles that had been thrown at her in the past few months. Enemies had become her purely because of the one she was employed with, but in her heart she knew she was safer with him than anyone.

Slowly the one of the end posts of her bed was destroyed, the titanium and mythril of her weapons reducing it to nothing. Chips and scraps flew and the dire kenku was released.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Night

She had fallen asleep long before. Part of the evening had been spent with Raevin coming to her room after the meal had apparently ended and raising his brows at the ruined post. He had smiled in his mysterious, curious way, then sat down and talked quietly to her. She had been able to fume at him, complain about the trials of life and Blaze's comments and he nodded as if he understood. The act was good enough for her, and it was not soon before she sighed and confessed that she considered herself the biggest hypocrite.

"You're not a hypocrite by choice though," he had replied. "You did not choose to come to be in the same city as the being who turned out to be your god, as neither did Vitruvion."

And she had to admit it was true. She would never have inspired his eager notice as much, had she not displayed such dramatic powers, nor would he have gotten stronger in his own abilities. Now that they knew the truth, though, she knew he could not let her be from his side. She was too valuable to him.

"And that does not make you a hypocrite, at all, some might say."

Him. Being kind. So many things had changed since living in the Hollow.

After a while, having calmed her, he left. Then, Stare had ended up curled in bed. Now she was half sleeping, unable to fully rest because of the stress in her body. Eyes closed, but awareness still there.

She slept some time before.

It came with the creaking of the door. For a being with as much awareness as she, Stare went stiff when she heard it. Eyes flickering open she immediately awoke, taking in a tight breath. The door opened, then creaked some more before it clunked gently shut, then she heard the deadly, uncomfortable sound of the latch sliding closed from her side.

So one could get in to rescue her while she was being attacked. Soft thwumps sounded of a person, light but trying to be quiet, moving across the floor. A small scrape indicated a pause. Stare slowly began to slide her hand underneath her pillow. That was where she kept her dagger at night sometimes when she felt vulnerable ...

Suddenly, and gently, the covers began to move, those closest to the door. Letting out a battle caw Stare spun around, drawing dagger from sheath and raising it to strike from lying down -

A figure. Knee on the mattress and a faint look of amusement on his angelic face.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "You could try ..." he murmured.

Frozen, there, still, Stare paused for a moment in shock and confusion before the realisation actually came. A sigh came from her mouth and she slumped back to be comfortable again, slipping the dagger back into the sheath. Yet, Vitruvion did not move, stuck in that same position of half way moving into the bed.

"What is it?" she at last replied after a lengthy pause. Gently she pushed the knife back under her pillow. She began to attempt to sit up.

"No need for that," he grunted as he moved finally.

And he set his full weight onto the bed, making it growl a little in protest. Dressed in simple trousers of cotton and no top it was clear what his intentions where. Stare blinked at him, half way into a sitting position, propped up on his elbows. She watched with quizzical brow ridge and eyes as he smoothly slid in settling down so his form was in the bed fully, covered up to his shoulder. For a moment he looked at her with a vivid blank look in his eye.

It occurred to Stare that it was very dark. But her eyes seemed to have naturally picked this up and adjusted in their ways to allow her to see in near normal. She realised Vitruvion must have something similar as he was seeing her with full recognition and did not squint.

These things she considered as she remained there, half sitting. It took a while for him to grunt and lift his body up onto an elbow. He raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you here?" she blurted out. "You have Blaze here tonight."

He blinked twice before responding.

"I am here to sleep. Nothing more."

She nodded. "And you cannot use your bed because ..."

"Blaze is in it," he simply said. "Now. Are you finished with the idiot questions?"

"Wait - what - no, I-"

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    He looked at her now with both brows raised and an amused, daring smile on his lips. 'I dare you to continue,' they said. Dare you to say 'no'.

Huffing a sigh she rolled her eyes before dropping her elbows. "Right, you're not going to answer that one. Fine." She lay for a moment, staring at the ceiling, preparing herself for a night of sleep with someone else there.

"I told you before once that I do not require anything of that kind from you anymore, and as my plans stand I never will." She saw him drop his elbow and take up role of snuggly god again. "All I want is a good night's sleep."

"And the spare room does not suffice?"

"No, it won't," he said out right and moved closer. An arm stretched out and prodded her shoulder. "Move."

Sighing, Stare turned over onto her side. She settled down, then felt the soft, but not creepy pressure of the body lining to hers. Like the few times he had done this before it was a protective stance far over a romantic one. Possessive slightly, claiming her as his. Stare thought about the dinner table, and if any of that had led him here. Her brow crushed together as she considered it, if he 'couldn't sleep' in a bed with Blaze purely because of what the girl had said, or the fact Stare had stunned her. She felt an arm side across her waist, then curl around to pin her to him. He rested his forehead against the back of her shoulder and relaxed there, letting out a sigh.

And she took a long, slow breath in, pulling the covers even further up over her face until only her eyes peeked out.

"Apparently I've been claimed," she muttered.

And she could almost feel his grin.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "... Sir?"

Tap, tap, tap.

Her eyes darted open.

There was a light cough, then. "... Sir?"

A breath, and she blinked.

"... Sir. Sir?"

Ahhh ... Quickly, she aimed to get up. Pushing with the arm that was tucked under her she began to move, but there was a heavy dead weight in her way. An angled, angelically muscled arm, wrapped over her waist and holding her down.

Tap, tap! Louder this time.

Twisting around she glared at the peaceful, sleeping face behind her, a strand of the white hair fallen over his face. He was not awake, but rather in that place that gods go to in their depths of rest. Slow, gentle breathing came from between his lips.

"Sir!"

"Get up," she hissed, shoving at the arm pinning her down. Get UP!

There was a single second of pause. Then, one blue eye peeked open and stared at her.

"Raevin is at the door," she glared back.

The other eye slowly opened and he let out a huff. Twisting his head back around he moved slightly, his whole body turning and pulling her with him, arm still locked around her form. A breath and there was a faint clunk as the lock in the door opened, bidden by an invisible hand. Stare tried to begin to sit up, pushing at the arm around her, but all that happened was the hold tightened, pinning her to him closer.

"Come in," he grunted.

"Don't come in," she hissed, shoving harder, "This is-"

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    His other arm ducked lithely under her struggling form and wrapped around her from the other side. A grin spread across his face as he held her to him, pulling her back under the covers.

"Sir ...?" came the confused voice.

"Don't-"

"It is fine," Vitruvion said louder. "Come in!" And he added in a whisper to Stare, "Calm down. You're uncomfortable like that."

"You're a dickhead," she muttered, but stopped moving. His eyes slid closed again and he rested his head back into her shoulder. She sighed, irritated. "Fuck my life," she added as the door opened.

Then an, "Ah," before it was swiftly closed again. There was a pause. "Eh ... Sir?"

"What?" Vitruvion opened his eyes and lifted his head up. Stare, furious as she was, tilted her head also, stuck.

Raevin stood by the doorway, looking both awkward and amused. He paused, took a moment, shifted his stance and continued.

"Shall I come back later?"

"No, there are no ears here that need truths hidden from them."

"I didn't ask for this," Stare grumbled.

"I'm sure you didn't," Raevin looked at her, "But ... Tough?"

"My sentiments exactly," the god smiled, sharing in the elf's amusement. "What is it?"

There was a moment's consideration again. "The mercenary problem has got slightly worse, sir."

"Worse?" A frown line appeared. "In what manner?"

"In the fact that the men we sent out last night as scouts to discover the whereabouts of the Hunters have not returned. As scheduled. They were due to appear about two hours ago, and thus far they have not."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    The words made Stare blink. Despite the stance she was in her intrigue, or rather, anxiety, began to rise. "'Hunters'? As in ..."

"Bounty Hunter Guild, yes," Vitruvion said, a foul note in his voice. "The very same ones. We heard reports of a possible collection of them just north of here, and I would rather not have them in my city."

"Damn," she whispered, remembering the cold cell and the iron chains that the same group had kept her in for five, long days.

"Indeed," the god curled his lip with distaste, then looked back to Stare. She blinked, annoyance still in her eyes but far more concern there now. Slowly his head began to rest back down into the pillows, and she began to growl again, pushing at his hold.

"Raevin," Vitruvion said, as the possessive smile returned. "Arrange a guard of your four beat fighters. Brer may be of use, the other three choose yourself who can be focused and fast. Give it a further three hours and if they are not back by then, then we will travel north."

"We, sir?"

"I am not risking anyone else to the heathens who may be connected to my supposed brother," the god replied. "All of us are going. Stare knows of their tactics, I will be able to provide knowledge. We are all going. And Ansaldo's balls, Stare, stop it."

Caught off guard she ceased in her struggling for a moment to pause and glare around, looking at first him and then Raevin. Vitruvion already had his eyes closed again, Raevin shrugged at her as if to say, 'I am definitely not going to help.'

"Do you honestly want me to pin your arms to your side?"

"No, I would like to be able to get out of my own bed though," she retorted.

"Not whilst your god has anything to say about it," he answered, flatly. "I am not wanting to get up yet, thus you are not getting up yet either."

"You have hundreds of young women in this city who would beg to share your bed," she argued. "And Blaze-"

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "None of them are mine, are they now?" he answered. "Not in the same way you are. I don't-" he stopped, and his eyes flickered open once more. "Raevin, are you still there?"

A strangled voice, trying to cover up the attempt to not laugh. "Y-yes, sir."

"Blaze. Is she awake?"

"I may have woken her up, sir, when I thought you might be sleeping in your room ..."

"Hmm," the white haired man paused, then went on, "Tell her she can have breakfast here, then head back to the Hollow."

"She was asking where you were."

Vitruvion laughed, a note of amusement. "That's not for her to know. This is my house."

He yawned slightly, then curled his arms tighter around Stare, moving her body so it lined with his. She shifted with discomfort as she was forced to twist and lie in that direction. She made her dislike very clear. For a while he held the position, then relaxed, with a sigh.

"Raevin, go and make preparations, in case we need to depart. We'll go horseback. Chocobo-back in Stare's case."

There was a pause. "Yes?"

"Yes sir," he laughed, and then there was the sound of feet moving, the door opened. Quickly it closed again.

There was a short, and mellow silence. She could hear Vitruvion's breath behind her as she was forced to relax and accept the situation. But she could not go back to sleep, things being what they were. Instead she could only think about the uncovering of a new Bounty Hunter Guild base, and what that could mean.

"Stare?"

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    "Yes?" she grunted, eyes half closed, body still tense.

"When you stunned Blaze, did you see what occurred?"

Stare's awareness came back fully. Her eyes opened wide. So he was bringing that up. She was surprised he had not made a comment about the broken bed post. Sucking in her breath she tried not to think about the guilt or anger and murmured her reply.

"She was still?"

"She was completely silent, Stare ... And also blinded."

Blinded? What?!

"I suspect cutting off the ability to hear will be next," he continued. "Feel, smell, taste ... Sensory deprivation I believe is the more official term."

She suddenly felt honestly very vulnerable. Her powers were growing faster than she herself could really comprehend and it was almost frightening to think of what she was turning into. What was next aside from the stunning, blinding, and sense of pain ... Death? Would it actually get that far?

"It may do," he honestly admitted, his voice soft and in that moment of utter admitting, comfort. "Remember your kind was lost over a millennia ago. That much unused power potential ..."

"Sometimes I hate it with you able to read my thoughts," she admitted.

He rested his chin on her shoulder. "I know,' he murmured, the voice in her ear. "I feel your hate, but it is better than not knowing anything at all."

"Often I hate you."

"Mortals will always hate their gods."

She lowered her eyes and flinched when he said it, knowing their relationship was exactly that. God and first ever recognised subject.

At least recognised, and claimed, by him.

His limbs tightened around her, hands flashing out and suddenly finding her arms. They fastened around her forearms like manacles, so much so she let out a gasp. Dragging them to her sides he pinned her close to him and hugged her suddenly to her chest. Breathing heavily in her ear he sounded for a moment desperate.