Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod

Hunting Safikma (Recruitment)

Hey ho, I'm looking to shake off my Althanas rust by taking part in the November Event "Open Season". In order to maximize rewards and FUN without things getting too messy, I'm looking for three other adventurers to join Josh on this quest.

The premise will be fairly simple; a ship disappears one day, followed by an entire port town several weeks later. Evidence of a great monster is found, and a local authority assembles a team of beast-hunters to track down and slay the sea serpent. Rewards can be pretty much anything you want, although personally I will probably go for some of that super strong sea serpent skin.

Post here with any ideas you'd like to bring to this storyline! Further details will be influenced by the characters who join in, including the region it takes place in.
    Last edited by Breaker; 11-14-2017 at 05:27 PM.

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    I would be up for a sea monster hunt. Ven has sailing experience, and if the beastie's lair is in an area with sunken ships, that means cool sunken treasure.
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Can't go around killing humongous life forms without Shinsou loitering in the background making smarmy remarks.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Phi has a ship... ?

Want a ship to help?
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    That would make four if interests align.

Fun stuff

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Alright, this four sounds good to me! Based on the characters, here's what I've come up with, let me know what you think.

We'll situate the main thread in and around Scara Brae. I'll do a sort of prologue post introducing the as yet unnamed leviathan monster (anyone got a good name for such a thing?) as it devours an entire coastal town. Then we'll throw it to Shinsou as he receives a request from the Queen of Scara Brae or someone of similar authority, asking for the BoC's help in dealing with the monster. Then Phi will come in as she receives a request for use of her ship from Shinsou. Venex will be on the ground in Scara Brae, possibly acting as an assistant to some scholar, and hear rumors of the monster, which sparks something in his eidetic memory. My next post will feature Shin, Phi, and Josh sailing from Corone to Scara Brae and arriving at the site of the site of the disappeared coastal town. Shin's post will cover the examination of the site, and Phi's post will bring us all to the city of Scara Brae and into a meeting with the Queen and her advisors or whoever is managing the emergency.

Venex busts into the meeting with some background info he has dredged up on the monster, naming it and providing its history; it was a creation of Draconus, kept as a small pet while the Thayne was alive, but trained to consume and grow until eventually it swallows the world in the event of his death. Since Josh and Shinsou recently killed Draconus, they feel responsible and the full crew heads out onto the ocean in attempt to track the beast down. Josh is convinced they can kill the monster the same way they did Draconus; using Shinsou's widowmaker ability to weaken it. Josh goes into to the water alone with a tainted blade and after a rather long time, returns to the surface unsuccessful.

They sail back to the Scara Brae to rethink their plan and Venex uncovers more information on the monster, realizing that while it looks like a massive serpent it is in fact a snake-shaped fish with gills. The plan becomes to wait until the monster attacks Scara Brae and attempt to force it onto land so it may run out of oxygen and die. The plan doesn't exactly work, and... they find a way to kill it! I have some thoughts on how this might be possible, but I figured I'd leave the ending up in the air a bit and see what you guys thought.

And? If you don't like it we can scrap it, if you do like it we can flesh it out a bit and get started!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    This works for me. I have plans to modify the ship a little and make it more powerful, so can do that after its damaged

Plan is to actually buy it soon. But it sounds like a good story, I like it.

Thanks Breaker ^_^
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    If all else fails, just use more dakka.

Fun stuff

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Cool cool! I've typed up the first post, will put it up soon. For now, here's what I've come up with for the monster.

Safikma
    An amphibious serpent with the form of a snake and the gills of a shark. Created by the ocean deity Draconus, it lived for thousands of years like a small eel on the ocean floor. Upon the recent death of Draconus, however, its genetic programming was activated, and it began to consume and grow. At first other small fish and sea creatures served as its sustenance, but it rapidly gained size and moved onto swallowing entire dolphins, sharks, even whales. Before long its appetite grew to the point where it devoured a large fishing boat off the coast of Scara Brae. This satiated it for a week, at which point it returned to consume the village the boat came from. If not stopped, Safikma will continue growing and consume first the city of Scara Brae, and then the entire island, and eventually, the world.

Venex will be the one providing us with most of this info ICly so feel free to expand/add stuff to this, it's just a rough idea. What do ya'll think of the name?

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    The name is definitely unusual and I like her (her?) backstory

Recently the Feisty Fox (Phi's ship) has been lying in harbour in a small port town north of Radasanth, after their adventures in the Outlands. But she can pick up Shinsou and head down to Scara Brae definitely, picking up rumours along the way of the damage Safikma has wrought.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: