EXP required for next Level: 125

GP

Name
    Avin Painbringer
    Race
    Undead Kenku

I Am Living

I don't remember death.

Oh indeed, I remember the fear as we were hunted like animals through the wilds of the Unclaimed Lands. I remember being shot by arrows launched from a yumi bow. One plunged into my shoulder from behind and another pierced my thigh. My brother, I am sure he was my brother, narrowly missed a direct shot to his abdomen as he turned to see our foe.

I remember the pain as if it was clearly as yesterday. Of the chocobo bearing down on us and striking out with bladed claws. Of the agony as a katana blade ripped across my back, severing the muscles in twain and more. I remember the final look of distaste from the town guard who recognised us as 'those brats who let the enemy princess get away'.

He then stabbed first my brother through the heart, then tore my throat open.

But then that is all I remember. After that my memories are of nothing, not even a darkness. If I imagine them there is but a void, but I am sure there was nothing to see, know or feel. Instead it is as if I lay in a dreamless sleep, and then instantly awoke to the sound of a new voice.

No longer the cruel intentions of a town guard, telling me I deserved what I got for saving some unknown princess of an enemy I cannot, for the second life of me, remember. No, contradictorily the voice was soft, warm and inviting. Like honey wine it melted down my throat and whispered as a lullaby to my ear.

"Greetings," it soothed.

Greetings? A very odd thing to say, I started to consider - but then I thought about what it meant. About all the connotations of such a word, and reasons why it might be said. How it meant simply, 'hello,' but also, 'pleased to meet you,' and, 'welcome.'

Was I welcome? Welcome where? Welcome to whom?

"Open your eyes," the coo whispered, "And see the world again."

And my eyes flickered open. Again, from when they had closed to accept my fate and to not look at the pained expression of my brother. My dark-grey hooded, eager-eyed brother. Instead though they did not see him, but rather saw a pale face. Surrounded by short, snow white hair that was caught back by a grey headband at his temples. His eyes were bronze discs, luminescent in the natural but tainted light. He had smooth features, that were young as if he was just out of adolescence.

The lips, formed and masculine, began to move.

"Greetings," the voice hummed again. Warm, exotic ...

"Greetings," I whispered back.

At this creature ... This man before me. I realised then that I was on my back, the same way I had fallen to when I had breathed my last. But the pain, there was no pain anymore. Instead I was ... Alive. I could see. It was as if I had stepped from one life into another and I wasn't dead. Instead I was alive, my brother was no longer here but here was ...

"I am Vindrexis Quansaldo."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Avin; 11-16-2017 at 04:32 AM.