Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next Level: 125

GP

Name
    Avin Painbringer
    Race
    Undead Kenku
    "Not far from here," Vindrexis explained, "Is a castle atop a cliff."

Slowly, I nodded, indicating that I understood.

"And there have been rumours alive in a place called Radasanth in Corone -"

I nodded more. Despite my memory loss it could be said that my geography had not suffered. I seemed to know all the major countries in the world, with their cities and features. Though I was unsure about some minor things - like how long it took to sail across the sea from Corone to Raiaera, for instance - I could rest assured I knew what lands were.

"That a young family have discovered vampiric ancestry. The details mark out a particular castle, it being ..."

He paused for a moment, looking over the long set of stone shelves set into the wall of the room we were in. Another off the temple, secreted into the shadows. This was a library of sorts, filled with archives. Ancient and new articles, books and scrolls dominated the shelves that filled all the walls. Apparently before Vindrexis had come Sabazios had not been in this place much, rather leaving it to his high mages to look at. But now the half-god was here it had begun to earn it's use.

He grabbed an old scrappy parchment and marched over to the central table of the room. Like everything it was firm, grey stone. Flicking the paper out Vindrexis revealed a long map, of everything from the south of Alerar to the sourthent sea. Various arrows marked to where the other nations lay.

"Here," a slender lake finger prodded at where the map had a small drawing of the temple's exterior on it, "Is where we are. This" he moved his hand to a much more southerly point. "Is where the castle is. Right on the cliff-side, terrifying in nature."

My brow rose but I said nothing, only waiting for him to give further details.

"Anyway," he grunted, "Obviously this has attracted a great amount of attention. We have already received news that the castle was attacked by a dragon and his two riders. They did not get far, but did defeat the spiritual guardian of the place."

He stood straughter and focused his eyes on me. "There are more coming, however. I am certain of it, for I have felt their future footsteps."

Whether the phrase actually meant that he had some form of precognition, I never found out. Instead, before I could ask any questions my lord master went on.

"A group of people will traverse to it. Close. I want you to go and observe. Fight if you have to to bring me news. But I want to know what they seek and what they find."

I paused. "You ... do not want me to kill them?"

"Oh, by Vit's member, no," he replied, using a curse I did not recognise. "No, you cannot observe after you have killed, can you Idiot?"

Feeling it was right to do so I desperately shook my head.

"Oh course not, my lord."

Vindrexis curled his lip for a moment, and I honestly feared the worst of his distaste. I began to consider just what types of punishment he might have to concoct. Were I so unlikely. Though I had deserved it if I defied him. And actually when I did was was ultimately his decision.

"You really are stupid sometimes," Vindrexis sighed.

I nodded, wondering if I was. At any rate my inability to remember did make me stupid to some extent. Though I could remember the basics I could not say what happened on my last birthday. If I had celebrated it.

"Never mind. You will follow my orders, alright?"

Quickly I nodded more. "Yes my lord."

"Good," he sighed.
    Last edited by Avin; 11-19-2017 at 12:02 AM.