Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    He was alright. A bit - well, he definitely had the right mentality for an Undead. That casual disregard for personal well-being was rather endemic for out kind - life was more of a resource to spend than it was for other people, as we just didn't stay dead. Or in his case, die in the first place. Still, as someone who had been carrying this burden for longer - I had long ago given up on keeping track, especially as the Cycles got worse and time got absolutely fucked - I felt a bit of responsibility to the younger Undead, to make sure he had his bearings in this world and understood how his body operated.

And from the mad charge in with no concerns for his well being, that was well in hand. Well then, it was time for me to put the thoughts of my compatriot out of my mind, and instead focus on the bounty of Souls before me. The treant was roaring in pain - my iron greatarrow had pierced through his woody flesh, biting deep into his undertissue. Fantastic. I finished my chant - I always did prefer the Miracles of the Nameless King, I thought with a grin - and pulled my arm back.

A brilliant golden-yellow flash lit up the night air as my Lightning Spear shot forward. The electric crackle hit the iron end jutting from the beast, and it let out a tremendous roar of pain as energy coruscated into its interior. The smell of smokey wood filled the clearing as the treant retaliated, long thin fingers shooting for me.

But I wasn't using my bow any more, which meant that the shield strapped to my arm was for more than just show. I stepped forward into the attack, lifting, smacking, deflecting. I had fought against countless opponents, and while my form was weaker - well. Experience trumps youth, they say. The claws scraped against the iron shield, scoring it deeply - iron was such a poor metal on its own. I would have to see about replacing it later - but didn't make it through. I shoved my chime back onto my belt and drew out my arming sword.

A flash upwards, and iron blade bit through wood, hacking into it. This was not a time for finesse, this was a beast with poor brains in its head. And I was long a slayer of such foul beings. I ripped my sword out, and lunged again, drawing ever closer to its main body as I parried its attacks with sword and shield. It was learning, slowly, to go for bashing strikes instead of clawing attacks, but - I doubted the beast could learn enough in time to save itself. Not now.

EXP: 1,875, Level: 1
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next Level: 125
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next Level: 125

GP

Name
    Avin Painbringer
    Race
    Undead Kenku
    "I am death!" I hissed with glee as my battle became legend.

My companion - I knew not what was of him. My own personal fight was with this beast, and this beast alone. Destiny and I were an art, a poem written by the ancient people that would be sung in melody for years to come.

As more of my golden dust blood poured from my arm I cried and thrust again and again. I parried a mighty upwards thrust of the tusks, then swung back with a swift step back and a broad sweep of my naginata. He responded with a grunt - a snarling, snorting type - and bounded forwards like an eager dog to its master.

Hissing I kicked up with a claw of mine, briefly taking to the sky for a single moment, flying like my darling close kin, before I landed on his ... Face. There I scrabbled, angrily, frustrated. I was a raging fire, hating the fact he was not dead yet, that I did not smell that gorgeous, burnt, seductive scent.

The scent of death.

I aimed for his eye. Savagely he tossed back his mighty head and I was thrown upwards and back. Briefly again I was flying - and then slam I was against a tree. It was a loud, resounding echo that could send shivers of fear through any spine. Slowly I slid down and I felt my arm popping out of its socket.

Pop. Pain.

I began laughing as my useless arm hung by my side. I watched as Erik and the treant briefly grappled, and then hacked at it, sending splinters flying. My attention was then back at Destiny began running and me and I - I began to laugh.

"Ha hahahaa. Hahaha. Ha!"

The dire boar yelled, twisting on hoof and racing.

"Ha! Ha! Hahaha. HAHAHAHHA!"

I was eclectic. I was mad. I was full of the waiting of the death scent. I knew I wanted to smell it, wanted it to fill my nostrils, let me drown in its glory.

"Death!" I yelled. And I grabbed the glove from my working hand.

Shoving it up in front of me I let my naginata position lying beisde me, and my dislocated shoulder hang limply. I was down, a horror was coming for me, possibly to kill me ... And I was laughing.

Only laughing.

Flesh met undead flesh. I shrieked in pain as the power began to surge through me, and my claws ... Ripped. Ripped through skin of the beast before me and began to eat skin.

Destiny gasped as the necrosis set in, and slipped to the side ... Landing his throat right on my naginata. Blood spurted, his flesh slipped from my claws that were now wet with crimson. The pain from the contact vanished, but I was left wounded, a dire boar on top.

I had become death.

EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    This thing was tough, I couldn't deny that. I had gotten in close enough to start hacking at the thing with the broad of my sword. I was peeling strips away - but this thing was still standing, still battering away at me. My arm was numb at this point - I had managed to hack one of its hands off so there were only attacks coming from the one side, but even so - well. It was a tall mother fucker, and even with one hand gone, he hit like an ogre.

But. He didn't hit as often as he would like. Dodging the swings of big, heavy hitting bastards was nothing new to me. He swung down, and I rolled out of the way - and his arm stuck in the ground. I grinned, savagely. This was what I had waited for - I gripped my sword in both hands and swung, hard. The blade bit in, deep, and stuck. The damn thing reeled back immediately, ripping my sword away with it.

OH, alright you woody mother fucker. You want to take my sword? That's fine. I still have lightning fucker. I snatched my chime from my belt and began chanting, the recitation tumbling hard and fast from my lips. Lightning crackled into life around me the warm glow of a sun captured in a bolt of energy - and it leapt forward crashing into the tree again. Another chant, another prayer to a nameless king deposed of his throne, and lightning heeded my call once more, ripping out and slamming into the iron arrow shoved into its side.

There was a strange popping noise - and the fucker exploded in my face, ending me flying backwards as he burst. I lay on the ground, staring upwards for a minute. That was painful. I looked down to see long splinters of wood piercing through my clothes in many places, faint trails of darker than dark blood dribbling down from them. If I had been a mortal man - well. I probably would have died of shock then and there.

As it was, no rest for the dead. Or undead, I suppose. I staggered to my feet, shoving the wave of pain to the back of my head, and looked around for Avin. I didn't see him, though I did see that the boar was dead, his glaive laying near it. Oh dear, had he been killed and his weapon discarded? I'd have to hold onto it for him until the next time I saw him, maybe fig-

The boar was moving. Sweet flame, the boar was moving. I let out a loud groan. I didn't think I could kill that thing now, not without a dose of Estus to refresh me. But I was damn sure going to try, if I didn't, then it might track us back to the village. So I found where my sword had ended up and picked its sap covered length up, gripping it as tight as I could as I slowly made my way over to the beast, which was still trying to stand.

Then I noticed what looked like legs sticking out from under the thing. I let out a sharp laugh - he really did have an Undead's knack for trouble. I dropped my sword to one side and helped him move the dead beast from his form - and the bird fucker was laughing his head off. I slumped down against the still warm carcass of the dire boar, and joined in his laughter.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Thread Title: A Brace of Beasts
    Judgment Type: No Judgment

Erik receives 565 EXP and 77 GP

Avin receives 450 EXP and 3 pieces of dire boar (tier 3) bone.

Congratulations!

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    All rewards added.