Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next Level: 2,474
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,474

GP

Name
    Jacob (Jake) Narmolanya
    Race
    Elf / Human
    “Tell me more about Joshua Cronen,” Selima insisted as we traversed the bare mountain ridge. “Where did he receive his martial arts training?”

“Here and there,” I said, treading carefully on the uneven terrain. “Actually, I don’t really know. I mean, he trained in Salvar, in Akashima, Scara Brae, and all over Corone, but he was already one of the best when he started all that. Watching him fight is like watching a shark feed. There’s no hesitation, no second guesses, just perfect destruction. He’s unlike anyone else I’ve ever trained with.”

“Sounds fun,” she said, moving up beside me. “After we collect this bounty, you should show me a few moves.” She bumped her hip against mine, eyes flickering suggestively.

“Yeah?” I swallowed and took a deep breath. I’d often been tongue tied around beautiful women when I was younger, but I’d grown out of that. I hoped. “I think I’d enjoy that,” I managed to say lamely.

“Oh, I’d ensure that you would,” Selima said, adding a quiver to her hips as she walked. “I’m an expert on enjoyment.”

“Really?” I grinned, warming to the conversation. “You just get more and more interesting. What was it like growing up in Fallien, before… before you were brought to Corone?”

“Fallien is very different,” the woman said wistfully, her gaze going someplace far away. “Almost every waking moment is about survival. By day, the sun can kill you. By night, the cold can freeze you. There are many predators that roam the endless sands. And yet… the people there are strong, and kind, and they live on despite all these things.”

“Do you miss it?” I asked. “I love traveling, but I’d get homesick if I didn’t return to Corone, and to Concordia, every so often.”

“I should like to visit my homeland someday,” Selima nodded, her black braid blowing in the wind, “but it is difficult to find occasion. The journey is long and expensive, and we are a busy group of hunters.”

“Not if you went with me,” I said with a wink, “anywhere in the world is just a step away, when you travel with Jake Narmolanya.”

“There is truth in that,” Selima said with a giggle, “and yet, I have been warned about men who refer to themselves in the third person.”

Before I could inquire about such a warning, Marvin stopped at the head of the group, holding up a fist. We all froze, hands landing on our weapons, eyes scouring the area. A long moment passed as dust whipped between us. Marvin looked at Aeranessa, who nodded.

“We’re here,” the ginger giant grinned.
    Last edited by Breaker; 12-10-2017 at 04:22 PM.