Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin

SQUELCH

I drew my hand away sharply and stared at it in horror. What? Eew. Orange bits of carrot slowly ran down my fingers before dropping silently to the floor. He had caught onto my amazing wiles it seemed. I wiped my hands on the floor, but that just collected dust. "Eargh." I stood and grabbed a nearby cloth. Out of spite I threw it into the sink and poured water all over it before using it to clean my hands. I shot Navi a glare.

Rude butt-busting-salmon-eating-red-headed-tall-giant-ass-bug-scarer.

He stared at me from over his meal, which he oh so needleesly (ok, totally needed to) shield away from me. His mouth full of ...something crunchy? His cheeks were puffed out and he looked absolutely ridiculous.

I waltzed over to him, dragged out a chair and sat in front of him. Staring at him intently. His soul was some of the strangest things I've seen. I say things because it was multiple not only that, but it didn't make sense...I tilted my head to the side snorting.

"How old is?" I asked with pursed lips. Sure, he looked like a man, but hey, most Fae looked like children and they were like old grandpas. I could usually tell by a quick glance, younger souls were fiery and uneven, they flowed more freely. Older souls were centered. This man, and his mishmash didn't match up.

I'd ask him questions and when he wasn't looking...

My fingernails tapped impatiently at the table.

I'd swipe that fish away from him. It could be poisonous after all. I mean... I'm his friend, I'm just looking out for him!
    Last edited by Eteri; 11-29-2017 at 03:55 AM.
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin raised an eyebrow as she stared imperiously at him. He would have bought her sudden curiosity in his age except for one thing - as she drummed her fingers on the table, every so often Eteri would shoot glances down at his fish. It was... interesting dealing with her - the girl, rather the woman, showed flashes of cunning, but at the same time was almost childish in her execution. The redhead casually draped his arm in front of the plate of food, and gestured at her with one of the fried carrot sticks.

"That's... Considering what you've already admitted you've seen, there are three answers to that question." The alchemist's voice was quiet. "Oldest, I am, I think, around thirty two. I lost some time though. Middle, I am my physical age, twenty four or twenty five." He laid the carrot down on top of the fish and rubbed his chin, watching her for her reaction. "I've been... well. United, for about seven years now. So. Three ages." He shrugged, watching her. It was strange - this girl wasn't asking about his condition, wasn't asking about the potions in the shop - instead she was almost fixated on his fish, and asked about his age.

It was... refreshing, dealing with someone who was rather pure and innocent. Right now, the majority of Nevin's customers were disreputable men coming in for poisons. Talking with Eteri was rather like a breath of fresh wind after that.

- "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    "mm mmm...." I mused. Feigning attention as I watched him put the carrot on the fish. A flash of pure unadulterated horror griped my facial features as I glanced up at him, mouth agape in shock. He just ruined it! HE JUST! I pointed to him, then to the carrot on the fish then back to him. "You just! WHY!" I cried out. "Feesh do nothing to you! Not feesh fault you got mangled." I muttered as I crossed my arms over my chest in a huff.

"Navi! You said two feesh...."

The man before me was quiet, and pensive, and his dark eyes were watching me intently. "What?" I asked, annoyed. He had ruined the second part of my meal. He just accidentally put it on his plate.

wait...

I could...

I uncrossed my arms. "What said you...about what Eteri see. Eteri can show? I is soul weaver, I can...." I mimicked the gesture of pulling something out of a jar. "I can pull out, you see. I tell. But you give feesh."
    Last edited by Eteri; 11-29-2017 at 03:55 AM.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Both of Nevin's eyebrows rose as horror gripped the girl - and she was pointing at his fish, babbling about the fish not hurting him - what? Was she - the alchemist slowly reached down and lifted the carrot off of the fish, watching for her reaction. There was no way that she was that distraught over simply putting a fried carrot on a piece of fish -

WHAT?

Nevin dropped his carrot down onto the plate, not really noticing where it landed, as he stared at Eteri, his eyes wide in shock. A small part of his mind wanted to correct her on his name - for some reason calling him Navi made him think he needed to tell people to listen to him - but the larger, far larger part, was dumbfounded by her offer. Her absolutely ludicrous, impossible offer. There was no way - but this girl, this innocent, rather forthright girl.... she wouldn't make that offer without somehow being able to back it up.

She could... pull out, fix his soul? Was that - could that even - what would that entail? For a moment, he considered it. It was a ridiculous offer, for an absurd price - she just wanted a piece of fish, for possibly fixing his soul? It was almost too good to pass up - to return to being who he had been before? To give up this insanity that was his blood magic, stop having to hide...? It was so, so very tempting. But - he couldn't.

Giving up part of what was his soul now would mean - losing so much that he had fought to earn. He would lose his friends, he would lose his ability do fight back against that damnable thing that was trying to hunt him down - he doubted it would stop if he gave up part of his soul. He took a deep, deep breath and shook his head sharply.

"Tempting, but no. My soul is my own. Whatever has been done with it, I've lived with it for seven years." Though - would touching her cause that strange reaction, that almost possessiveness, that yearning? He was almost afraid to test that one out.

- "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    "NO! See I show!"

I clambered up onto the table. Intent on getting that last piece of tasty, juicy morsel. I tucked my legs underneath me as I reached out to him. Navi tried to back away, sliding his chair back but he was sitting down, and wasn't in the most opportune position to escape someone as masterful as myself. My hand touched his chest and I exhaled as I gently tugged, it came away easily enough. It was still his and still attached. I just wanted to show him.

He looked like he didn't believe me, and I. Didn't. Lie. Be damned if this child-man-seven year old was going to doubt me, the great Eteri. Soul seamstress extraordinyar.

My eyes widened as I looked down on it. It was...well it was...as my sister would put it....completely fucked. It looked like someone grabbed two blankets and tried to stitch them together. <"Whoever did this...did a terrible job, and had no idea what they were doing..."> I muttered in Akashimian, <"This is terrible. This shouldn't be."> I looked up at him, <"I'm sorry this happened to you.">

He stared blankly back. Oh...wait...was I talking in the wrong language again? Oops!

"Eteri sorry." I said, pointing at the interwoven parts of his soul. "This not good."

"Older soul stronger." I said as I pointed to the whitish green tinge of shimmering mass, then shifted to the parts where a lighter color shone through, it was like it had been placed over another soul, not woven intricately together but shoved haphazardly and carelessly on top. "Other one rip this one, try go get out. Not... not...." I furrowed my brow, trying to think of the right words. "Not harmony. Fighting."

I gently went to poke one of the holes, I wasn't going to rip it. He didn't give me permission to do that. Granted... he didn't give me permission to rip it out of him either...but that did people no harm it was like show and tell. My fingers gently grazed the reddish sores on the soul, and I felt that same burning sensation in my chest. It was stronger now. It was... it was burning!

I yelped and let go.

Navi's soul drifted gently back into his body as my hands whipped to my chest. What was it that Madiddly said? That her soul, that Pode fragment could burn sometimes? Well...Pode was burning right now. "Ouch."
    Last edited by Eteri; 11-29-2017 at 03:56 AM.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    That was, without a doubt, quite possibly the absolute, number one, strangest experience Nevin had gone through since he had become who he was. Feeling his soul be tugged on, stretched out - and having her jabber something that sounded almost familiar - had Stare spoken that language at some point? - as she poked his ... his soul - it was.... unsettling.

It didn't help that it felt like he was burning inside. The chorus of feminine voices had grown stronger the longer Eteri held onto him, and he let out a shuddering breath as he tried to recover. There was definitely a reaction of some kind between him and her, but he would be claimed by the Cobalt if he knew what it was. So instead of worrying about that at the moment - even though it was rather disconcerting and even now he could hear them singing - he settled on giving the girl a steady glare.

"I am well aware of the state of my soul. As I am aware that they are being merged. I know they aren't fully in synchronicity, not yet." But if he gave up one of them now, if he lost who he was now - that would be miserable and he didn't know if he could recover. He also didn't know if his soul could handle what Stare had revealed was growing divinity, if it was just one alone. No. "And Miss Eteri, my name is Nevin - I'm not a fairy. Wait, why do I think of fairy when I think of Navi? What -"
    He shook that rambling thought pattern off.

"Ahem. The 'merging' was rougher than it should have been, because those responsible used an outsider instead of one of their own. However, I am slowly coming around to , while not their exact chain of thought, a similar, purer one. Please, don't do that again." If she came for him like that again, he would have to defend himself with his threads. See how she liked getting stabbed like he was a human-sized porcupine.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    His words were blurred, and I struggled to hear them. Sure he used some big things I didn't understand, but it wasn't just that. Everything burned. My body felt like it was on fire Hell.. I was vaguely aware of the fish, up for grabs, just inches away from my fingertips. (You know there is something wrong with me when my focus ain't on that Thayne be damned fish fillet)

I reached out again, eyes blurred. I had to...I had to...

Wait... didn't he say not to do that again? I couldn't do that to him. I'm not that selfish or mean. My hand stopped mid-air for a few seconds, shaking. My breathing heavy. Vision blurred, barely aware of my own surroundings as beads of sweat formed on my face and dripped down the sides of my cheeks. Despite my attire, I felt like I was burning alive and a part of me, a big red pulsing part of me was telling me the only way to stop it, was to do it all again.

just a peek...

He can't be upset at just one more tiny peek...

Do it... DO it...yes I have to do it again...I crawled closer to him, this time we were close enough that I could boop my forehead against his. So I did. It was much cooler than mine, I couldn't read his expression, my eyes were dazed. Hazy...

Yeh.. no... this was right. This was fine.

So again, I reached out to pull on that broken, dirty wish-wash-mish-mash soul of his.
    Last edited by Eteri; 11-29-2017 at 03:56 AM.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Something was very, very wrong with the girl. Nevin watched, pushing his chair back as Eteri literally locked her gaze onto his chest and slowly crawled onto the table. Her eyes had seemed to lose focus as she stared at him. Nevin watched as she crawled on all fours across the table, and if it wasn't for the feelings of alarm and confusion that were coursing through him, he might have thought that the sway of her body was almost alluring as her tail swished back and forth behind her. But there was something clearly not right here, and that overrrode any other errant thoughts he might have had.

Then she reached out one hand, slowly, towards his chest, and Nevin thought that she was literally going to try grabbing his soul again after he had literally just warned her against it. But she didn't - instead her hand twitched, like she was fighting something, and her arm began to tremble - then she lowered it. Her breath was coming in short gasps as she began to sweat, her entire body shaking - and Nevin realized with a start that it looked like she was suffering a sudden, intense fever.
    She crawled forward and pressed her forehead against his, her unfocused eyes staring into his.

Slowly, Nevin's sight blocked by those entrancing yellow eyes, he missed her arm reaching up towards his chest. His threads, did not. A score of thin red strands shot out from beneath Nevin's skin, some poking the hand that was reaching for him,
    others coiling together into thicker weaves of threads and shoving the hand away. The spell cast on him by her eyes - no magic required here - broken, Nevin fell from his chair, shaking his head sharply. Without a word, he tore a strip from his shirt and wrapped up her bloody hand, then strode out into the main portion of his shop, and busied himself out there, looking for an anti-fever medicine. Anything, not to get lost in those eyes again. That was dangerous.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Whoa.. whoa..

hang on a gosh darn salmon eating minute here! what the HELLL juat happened. One minute I was planning on getting fish the next... the next... I furrowed my brows as I sat on the table, staring at my hand. It tingled with pain and dots of blood formed. Dozens of them, pinpricks that formed and drizzled down my open palm. I didn't recall backhanding a damn porcupine. So what gives? I lifted my eyes looking for Narvin (Since apparently Navi was wrong.) He was nowhere in sight. I furrowed my brows.

Ok... Ok Eteri lets back track a moment here, you were on the table, and you were telling Nevin what his soul was going to be like. Then..then things got all hot and fuzzy. I still felt a little hot and fuzzy actually, the room was swimming, but that may just be to do with the fact that my entire hand looked like it made love with a cactus. I wriggled my fingers. Other than the pain, it didn't seem like anything else was wrong.

"N-Narvin?" No reply, but I could hear tinkering in the front room.

Well..A promise is a promise....

With my good hand I whisked up the remainder of his fillet and downed it in two bites, licking my lips I slid off the table and headed toward the noise. Albeit I was a little wobbly on my feet. Why was that? UGh...it was too hot in here.

"Narvin!!" I called. "What happen!?" I leaned on the doorway to stop the room from swaying as I watched him scavenge through all the shiny bottles. "What do?"
    Last edited by Eteri; 11-29-2017 at 03:57 AM.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    She was on her feet again it seemed, though she did look very unsteady to Nevin's eyes as she leaned against the doorframe for support. The Alchemist took in a deep breath and exhaled - she was still sweaty, her hair clinging to her head as she stared at him. Nevin frowned and picked up one of the medicines on the shelf he was in front of - it was a mint based potion meant to cool the imbiber down. He turned and strode over to her - and saw that the bandage on her hand had come loose when she was in the back room. With a sigh, he found a wrap of gauze and gently rewrapped her hand, and pressed the potion into her other hand.

"You - well. You came forward, trying to handle my soul again. You seemed a bit feverish though, so I don't hold it against you. Drink that, it should help with the temperature." He was not going to address the way his magic was coiling in his gut.
    He had realized by now that it wasn't all of his magic, but a thin, slender current of it that was pressing him to be as close to her as possible, and with that knowledge he was suppressing it. The man didn't know where this urge came from - he had never met her before in his life, and he certainly had no fascination with Rainee that would be pressing him to be close to another feline female.

No, this was something else, something unknown at the moment. So he shrugged and looked past her - to see that his fish was gone from the table. Well. Annoying, but at least it seemed like his skills in cooking had become something he didn't need to be utterly ashamed of. Perhaps simple was best? And again - she had his name wrong. He wasn't sure if this one was closer, or further, from accurate.

At least he knew that she had come forward, sashaying towards him because she wasn't feeling well, not anything else. That was a relief. He didn't know if he could handle those yellow eyes locked onto him for real.

A member of the NevCrew: