Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)

Sometimes Calm Isn't Right

When Nevin woke up, his body was aching, pounding in stiff pain. Eteri was curled around him, having fallen asleep and rolled onto her side, her body circled around his head. She looked - she looked much, much better than she had the night before. He was still exhausted, but now, it was a normal exhaustion. He looked up, at the warm light shining through the kitchen window, then carefully moved and stood up, careful not to disturb her as he got to his feet.

He stumbled into the bathroom, and peered at himself in the mirror. The red lines along his skin were thicker now, much more so. Before, they had just remained tiny, thin lines, hiding the threat and blessing that his threads were. Now, they were running across far more of his skin, a writhing network of red that seemed to beat in time with his heartbeat. He brushed a fingertip against his chest, and watched as the red seemed to harden for a moment. He leaned forward, and examined his eyes - the red in them was brighter now, the hue a warmer color, closer to the color of fresh blood. He coughed, and gave a weak chuckle.

“Well. Glad I’m not really trying to hide this any more.” He looked down, at the charred remnants of his pants. Last night he hadn’t taken the time to change out, and sleeping had messed up the remains. With a slight shrug, he ripped them off, the burnt threads snapping with ease, and tossed it into a corner of the room. Then he turned on the shower, waited until it got hot, and stepped into it, closing his eyes as he let the hot water drum against his skin. Thankfully, his new, denser skin didn’t reduce his sensitivity, so he still got to enjoy relaxing in the hot shower.

He was glad. Despite the bruises that were causing a very weird coloration effect on his stomach and face, he felt fantastic. Emotionally, that is. Eteri was, while maybe not back to normal all the way, better. She was back. If only he hadn’t been an idiot, had pursued her like he should have when she left - then maybe none of this would have happened. She would still be ok, not scarred and scared. He just thanked the Flow that he had been in time.

The sight of her walking into the fire with a blank expression on her face would haunt him for some time though. That had been more terrifying than the thought of leaping into the flames - even with the doubled burning, that had barely registered as desperate as he was to get to her. He - he thought he might have to avoid large amounts of flame in the near future. A little difficult because of his profession, but… but this would be something he could work around.

The sounds of movement in the kitchen made him shut off the shower, his muscles far more relaxed now. He stepped out and briefly toweled off, and wrapped it around his waist before heading out. Eteri, tail flicking, dressed in one of the dresses that she had left here - something he thought suited her far better than the white dress he had made her wear- was standing in front of the kettle, finishing stirring a cup. WHen she heard him, she turned around, and hesitated a moment when she saw him. He saw her eyes slide across his skin, and she bit a lip before thrusting the mug towards him.

“Eteri make coffee. Nevin drink.” He took it with a warm smile and kissed her forehead. He wasn’t going to let his skin’s new appearance bother him. Then he lifted the mug to his mouth and took a swallow -

And barely managed to twist his head to the side as he spat the coffee out. He wiped the back of his hand against his tongue, as Eteri’s face twisted in confused worry. The alchemist dipped a finger into the hot coffee and tasted it, his face scrunching up slightly. With a sigh, he set the mug by the sink, and rested a hand on Eteri’s head. She tensed up - and Nevin felt a pang before he slid his hand down to her shoulder.

“Eteri… I think you put salt in, instead of sugar.” Her eyes went wide.”Let’s try again, together?”

“Teach Eteri -ah…” She scrunched up her face. “P-please teach me the difference.” She sounded less….jovial, less ‘Eteri-like’ and more reserved. Nevin nodded and took her in his arms, turning her around to face the counter where she had been working. He hugged her, then stepped forward and pulled the salt and sugar jars to the edge. He tapped the letters on each.

“I know the writing for your language is different. For Tradespeak, you usually see one shape meaning a single letter, or a single sound. S.” He tapped both. “Both salt and sugar start with it. However.” He tapped the letters on the sugar jar. “U, g, a, and r. Five letters. Salt has, s, a, l, and t.” He pushed them back from the edge, his heart twisting. But he continued one.

“Salt is more, granular, like sand, right?” He took a pinch and set it on her palm, letting her feel and look at it. A slight pursing of his lips, and he blew it to the side, causing a light sprinkling to fall to the ground. Then he took up a pinch of sugar. “Sugar is finer, smaller. It’s more like a powder.” And he poured it into her hand, let her look at it closely. Then, trying to lighten the mood he cupped his hand around it and blew, forcing a small spray of sugar to fly up into his face.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I blinked. “Why you do that?” I asked. Wriggling my nose...he just blew the stuff all over the place! I glanced down at my hands, they were still cupping a portion of the sugar he had poured into them. I turned and dropped the sugar into the sink then rubbed the remnants of the granules onto my dress. “That silly.” I said with a small smile. “Here..”

I turned to the jars and spun them around so the labels were hidden, she then shifted them round and round. “Do this when Eteri not looking. Want see…” I paused. No...no..I needed to learn to speak properly. “Want to see if can do on own.”

He nodded, and waited until she had turned around. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes for a moment. It hurt to see her like this. She had been the happiest thing in his life, and now, seeing her like this, was tearing him apart. But, all he could do for now, was be there with her. So he stepped in the way, making sure she couldn’t see, and shifted the jars back and forth several times.He took a breath and stepped back.

“Ok. I know which is which by looking at them, but. I moved them. Let’s try, Eteri. And don’t worry - the mix up between the two happens to a lot of people when they aren’t paying attention. I’ve messed up a time or two myself. You remember Ezra?” He kept up a casual conversation as she turned around and started to look between the jars.

“Yes. Eteri much like.” I said as I picked up one jar and slowly read the label, my mouth moved silently as I counted the numbers in my head...“This salt.” Nevin looked at the jar in my hand. He couldn’t keep a smile from creeping onto his face, twisting the edges of his lips. A slow nod. “Take some out and taste it if you’re sure dear.”

“What? After face you make? No think so!” I said as I sat it back down on the bench. I didn’t want to make the same twisted face, that meant what I made tasted horrible.I mimicked his face ‘bleaergh’ . Nevin let out a loud laugh.

“If you were wrong, it would have been sugar, and sweet, right? And you were, you know. You got it right.”

That made me feel better about my decision to NOT try it. I picked up the other jar instead and shoved my hand in it, grabbing a handful of sugar, it fell across the counter as I shoved a small portion into my mouth. The tiny granules melted against my tongue. Oh! My ears perked up. “Sweet! See. Was right.”

“Oooohh. You knew you got it right, hmm?” He grinned and stepped forward, and opened his arms.

I stared at him for a moment. Worried… the lines that coursed through his body were thicker and I hadn’t forgotten just how much of his life force he pressed into me last night. Before he could worry about me, I stepped into his arms and rested my head against his forehead. “Thank….” I whispered.

“Any time, Eteri. For as long as you want my help. And after, probably. “ He rested his head on top of my head. “I am much happier with you around, than without you.” He tightened his hold around me, then stepped away so I didn’t feel pressured I guess… quite frankly… I wasn’t feeling too well and wanted nothing more than to curl into his lap and just sleep away all the bad memories.

“I’m going to move these back to the bedroom. Maybe get dressed, I’m lucky this towel hasn’t fallen yet.” With that he gave her a quick kiss, then began gathering up the blankets and pillows.

I watched him plod around the house. He was acting normal...like everything was ok. But was it? Was he really ok? I frowned and turned back to the stove to make a fresh cup of coffee. This time...Id make it right. I would show him I could do that much at least.
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    After he moved the blankets into the bedroom and dropped them back on the bed, Nevin sat down with a heavy thump on top of them. He dropped his face into his hands and just breathed, his shoulders shivering. Despite knowing that she was okay, there had been a moment of hesitation as he left the bathroom - that it had all been not real, that he hadn't managed to rescue her. But she was there, and trying to help him out.

He wasn't alone.

He stood up and slowly got dressed, wincing as his motions tugged in his bruises and made them ache. Damn. And they were in awkward locations - he would have to get help to properly apply a bruise cream to reduce them. But - he had someone to help with things like that. Or… Or he could just use his thread tendrils to do it. But he would prefer to be close to Eteri right now, reaffirm that she was here.

Dressed now in simple trousers and a loose white shirt, Nevin headed back out into the kitchen and paused. Eteri was sitting at the table, staring resolutely at something on top of it. Her tail lashed behind her in almost agitation, maybe anticipation? He swung his eyes to see - another cup of coffee. And beside it, a toasted slice of bread with a lump of butter sitting on top of it.

Plans to slip by her and get the bruise cream right away melted away as he saw her glance up at him. She offered him a small smile. “Tried...making the breakfast.” She pressed the plate of toast over to where he usually sat. “Please?” Worry laced her voice. “Nevin...please….”

Nevin stepped forward and wrapped one arm around her, hugging her back to his chest. With his other arm, he reached out and snagged the cup of coffee. A tentative sip lead to a long swallow before he set it down and pressed a kiss into the top of her hair. “The coffee is delicious, Eteri. Let's give the butter a chance to melt, the toast looks good already.” So he stood, leaning over behind her, holding her close, waiting until the butter had melted enough. Then he reached out and poked it with a long finger, spreading it around before he scooped it up and took a bite.

“Warm and just slightly not crisp. This is great, Eteri. Thank you.”

She turned her head up to him, her eyes lingered on the dark lines of his face and Nevin could tell she was worried. “Am happy.”

Nevin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then tilted his head down to kiss her softly. When he pulled back, he rested his forehead against hers. “And I'm happy with you, Eteri.” Then he stood up right with a wince.

“I actually need some help, if you want to.” He raised an eyebrow at her slowly.

She practically clambered out her chair and forced him to sit down.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “Before you look - they're.. They're worse.” His voice was soft. “The lines. They are darker, bolder. I understand if..” His voice trailed off, tightening up.

“That bad!” I said, staring at him with furrowed brows. “Not like!” He opened his mouth to speak but I didn’t let him, I urged him to sit in the chair and stay seated, not caring about his clothes I used my claws and ripped them apart. My eyes widened as I saw them, thick and pulsating along his body.

“What do?” I hissed.

Nevin’s eyes slammed shut, refusing to look at me. I didn't notice the tears creeping out of them. “I'm changing, Eteri. The more I use them, the more I can use them. The less.. Human I am.” Even with his eyes closed, I could see the fear on his face.

I shook my head, the frustrating and guilt ebbing at me. “NO understand!” I placed my hands on his shoulders and felt his muscles twinge. “No care about that! Want know if Nevin hurt!”

His eyes snapped open, shocked, and locked onto mine. Slowly, so slowly, he shook his head from side to side. “N-no. Only the bruises hurt now.” In his lap, one of his hands was slowly unclenching from a fist.

“What do to fix?” I asked. I was determined to look after him, I was determined to distract myself from my own hurts and aches and fears. If I could do things that would make Nevin smile it’d make me feel better about myself, about how I was nothing more than a rotten thief who had twice now...taken his life force. So much so that I could almost feel it inside of me. “Please tell! How fix bruise?”

He reached up and touched my cheek with one hand, cupping my face. The tenderness in his eyes stung as he gave me a crooked smile. “Out in the shop, on the left side, is a locked display case with a cross on it. The key is hanging under the register. I need the light green jar. It has a cream that needs to be rubbed into the bruises.”

I nodded, reluctantly pulling away from him. Dammit...why did he have to look at me like that, like it was all ok and none of it was my fault. Nevin I can feel your life stuffs inside of me, don’t give me that look. I turned tail (quite literally) and headed into the shop.

No time for keys. I’d fix things later.

I headed straight for the cabinet and

SMASH!

Punched right through it, I grabbed the light green jar and headed back to Nevin, opening the jar and letting the lid clatter to the floor I scooped up a handful of goop and slapped it onto his back. Ignoring my own cuts and blood. “Here!” I huffed. “No move. Shutting the up. Let me do.”

“Eteri- Eteri you're bleeding, Eteri what is wrong?”

“SHUTTING THE UP!” I snapped, and he promptly fell silent. Good. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued to gently rub the goopy goo all over his back and shoulders. “Just...Just let Eteri help!”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    As she rubbed the ointment into the bruises from where the bastards had tried to tenderize ‘Meat’ Nevin could feel her trembling behind him, her hands shaking on his skin. She was bleeding - he could feel her magic shivering in the air, agitated and upset. The redhead didn't move - but threads slipped from beneath his skin, coiling together and wrapping around her shoulders. She stiffened and shook them off - and Nevin let them fall down slipping back inside as he shook once, holding the sob trapped in his lungs.

As she rubbed the cream in, I could feel the aching pain sliding away, my muscles relaxing, taking away some of the pain in my heart along with it. She was afraid, hurt by something, and she was lashing out. I waited until she had stopped, all of the bruises covered.

“Eteri, can you come around to my front?” His voice was soft. Not commanding, but pleading.

She shifted and pushed the table back a few metres so she could curl up into his lap, her left hand had minor cuts on it. Nevin took it and gently kissed the cuts, then pressed her hand to his chest so she could feel his heart beat. “Can you tell me what's wrong, Eteri?” His voice was soft as he gently wrapped an arm around her waist, careful to make sure she was OK with being held.

“N-nearly lost you…” Eteri mumbled as she pulled her hand away and stared at them. “Eteri knows… you put lots of you inside. Not good. Not good for you.” Nevin frowned down at her - then his eyes widened when he realized what she meant. One hand gently cupped her chin and forced her to look up.

“And I nearly lost you, Eteri. Because I was an idiot and didn't trust you, didn't trust that you loved me like I love you. Yes, I put more of my life force in you, because I was terrified to actually lose you l. I - Eteri. You know I have two souls. I.. Did I tell you why that is?” shows voice trembled slightly.

She shook her head, then mumbled. “No..but Eteri want to ….” She paused as her bloodied hand clasped over the golden locket that hung from her neck. “Want to make it all pretty purple. Little bits at time.”

“As long as you have the strength dear Eteri.” He swallowed, a thick lump in his throat. “And I should tell you. I said it earlier, that the more I use my power, the less human I become. But I didn't say what I was becoming. It's.. Tied to that second soul. I'm.. A long time ago, seven years, I told you bad people shoved me together. They were trying to make an Avatar for their God - a, a vessel, so that their God could walk amongst them. The thing they brought over wasn't a God at all thought, it was a monster that killed them all. I rejected it, but something got left behind. I don't know if it was a part of the monster, or maybe a part of the God they actually wanted - but I'm.. Not right. That you see both my souls and want to stay…” his arms tightened around her.

“It means so much more than you know.”

“Not...understand.” She said, twisting her body to rest her head against the crook of his neck. “Am the sorry...not understand lots but do understand. Nevin think becoming like bad thing inside?” She pressed a finger against his chest. “No think so. Still Nevin. Eteri still be by side. Even if got the bads.”

Hot tears leaked down onto her head as he began to cry, silently. His arms squeezed her tightly against his chest. “Yes, Eteri. I'm afraid I'm becoming the bad. I.. I ripped that bastard apart.” And it had felt right, like exactly what he was supposed to do there. His shoulders shook. “But he hurt you. That was far worse than him trying to hurt me.” He buried his face into the top of her hair.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I wanted rest… I wanted sleep and I wanted to shut myself away from the world. But what I wanted more than that… was for Nevin to stop crying. It was weird to feel those tears against my skin, and to feel his skin tremble.

“Would Nevin still be with Eteri if were the big bad thing inside?” I asked, curious.

He froze, his body stilling entirely. Even the beating of the lines on his skin paused. Then with a deep, shuddering breath he pulled back up and shook his head. “No. No I wouldn't be. That thing would have.. Would have taken your blood, your life force, and moved on.” There was a strange note in his voice, like he hadn't actually thought about this before.

I didn’t understand why he was making it so complicated. This whole….scenario. “That easy.” I said. “ Nevin was still incredibly still, he had even stopped breathing, he was waiting for my answer. “Eteri just fix soul before that happens.”

And…

I would also have to make sure he’d never use that life energy thing into me again. If my presence was causing him to use that so much because of how troublesome I was..then I’d have to make sure I wasn’t such...as my sister would call it… a brat.

“Eteri will make the…” I tilted my head, how did people who did chores act...what were they called? When mother died….Ayaka said she ahd to take on motherly responsibilities...what was that in Tradespeak? “Eteri will make the mother duties to make Nevin happy.”

He blinked down at me, tilting his head to the side. “The mother duties? To the house or to the father?”

I nodded. “Mmm like making the coffees and the food and Eteri will help do the cleans. Oh…” What did he mean by that second part? “What is to the father mean?”

Nevin just blushed and shook his head. “Not something to worry about now. So you want to help with the chores? I - I would like that a lot.” a slight smile crept into his face.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, it felt calming to see him smile like that again. So should I even ask my next question? I didn’t want it to disappear….if I asked it, and it disappaered I’d just have to make sure to do things that’d make him happy. Like chores. The duties even to the father, whatever that meant.

I cleared my throat. “Nevin...Since second time you did the ….life thing, Eteri feel the difference inside.” I pointed to my chest. “Can tell what is?”

He paused, and the smile slipped a little as he studied me. He placed one hand on my chest, between my breasts, and his eyes closed in concentration. Then he took my bloody hand in one of his and - did he just lick my blood? His eyes shot open wide.

“Eteri.. Can you pull out the angry soul inside of you?” There was hope in his voice.

I furrowed my brow and shook my head. “Is too deep.”

“Just enough to see, not try to remove it. I think… I think my life force might be eating it.” He was smiling again, wider now than he had before.

It’d hurt...so much so that I’d have to try so very hard not to scream or pass out but...I had done so well at that game we played earlier - so maybe just maybe I’d be able to do it this time. Just to see that smile more. I took a deep breath and with a trembling hand I pulled.

My entire body ignited like it was on fire. I shut my eyes as my ears folded against the back of my head, tail drooping between my legs as I pushed off of Nevin and collapsed to the floor. Bite down on tongue...mustn’t show him...how much….this…. H-hurts…

I pulled harder and a thick, viscous dark red shifted out from my chest. My ears pounded as screeching filled my ears. Nevin wouldn’t be able to hear this….and Nevn won’t know...he won’t-”

“Eteri! Stop!”

I let go and fell forward to the floor. My blurry eyes shifted up to him.

Dammit...where did that smile go?

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    He was such an idiot. Things had been going well at first - it had taken straining and effort, but she had pulled it out - and then he realized that she was in crippling pain, her body shaking, her tail curled tight against her body as her hand trembled, fingers fighting not to release the dark red goop. Because he had asked her to.

She had stopped though when he finally realized what was happening and cried out for her to stop. She fell, her body limp, and he dove to catch her, cradling her in his arms as they hit the ground.

“Please...smile again.” Soft, desperate pleading. Nevin looked down to see her staring at him - staring at his mouth. He clenched his eyes shut and plastered a smile onto his face, only taking a moment to put the false expression in place.

“You did good Eteri, you did very good. I'm proud of you. Eteri - it was smaller.” His voice trembled slightly, and if he hadn't had so much practice smiling while irritated or bored with customers, he wouldn't have been able to keep the mask in place. But for her, now, he could. She had tried so hard to make him happy. It wasn't her fault he was a damn fool who didn't know what was going on.

He rolled over onto his side and used his threads to lever the two of them off the ground, clutching Eteri closely to his chest. “How about we go take a rest, Eteri.” He opened r his eyes slowly focusing his gaze on the door to the bedroom. Praying she wouldn't see that the he smile didn't quite reach them.

“Eteri want to...uh…” She pushed herself up so she could steady herself better. “Eteri want to make sure Nevin is safe but happy.” Despite himself, his eyes slipped to hers and softened.

“Safe I don't care about, Eteri. I'm happiest when I'm with you. We scared Ezra, you know. Before you, she had never heard me laugh.” A slow step, careful not to jostle her. Slowly and steadily he carried her back to bed, opening the door with his threads.

She muttered her distaste for going back to bed until she was sure he was fully healed and not feeling any pain, but those protests were weak and tired. What she did...had taken a lot out of her it seems. Nevin placed her gentely on his...no on their bed.

As he looked upon the sleeping woman he saw just how deeply affected she had been by the trials of the last few days. Her skin was still sore and blistered, dark circles lined her eyes, and it looked as though she hadn’t slept in days. Even in a heap of exhaustion her body twitched. Sweat dripped from her forehead and her lips were dry and cracked. Her usually pristine fingernails had blood and dirt caked underneath them...her hair was matted….

With a deep breath, he began stripping her peeling the grimy clothes off of her body. She curled up and shivered a bit, mumbling a protest at the cold. Nevin went and got a bucket and filled it with warm water, then grabbed a clean sponge. With tender movements he slowly cleaned her, wiping away the sweat , blood, and dirt that clung to her. As he worked, he connected threads to her and slowly, so slowly, pushed life force into her, a gentle slow stream instead of the waves he normally did.

He had figured out that him doing this upset her - so he stopped when he started to feel woozy. He would help her in slow, steady increments. It took a little searching, but he found a brush that she had left here, and after climbing into the bed and pulling her sleeping form into a sprawl across his lap, he began brushing out her tail and hair.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I woke with a grumble, feeling a steady tug on the fur of my tail. “Grmmmllbbplle.” I muttered as I pushed my head up. “Nevin what do?”

“Did I wake you?”

I nodded as I rubbed my eyes. He looked pale. I tilted my head to the side, “Nevin?” He smiled and paused to rest a hand on my head.

“You’ve been through quite the ordeal, I’m sorry I made you do that.” He must have been talking about how he had forced me to pull out the writhing dark soul inside me. My ears fell flat against my head and he continued. “No- don’t feel bad honey. I got excited. It looks dimmer. Even the chain bond between us that it has looks lighter.”

I scrunched up my face. “Only because the life thing. No do!” I muttered. I didn’t like that the thing that could quite possibly be saving me was him doing things that could risk his life. “Promise no do again.”

He gave me a small smile as his hand lowered to cup my cheek. “I’ll try not to.”

Good. I nodded. Trusting his words. If he said he wouldn’t then I would trust him not to. I shifted from his lap to peer out the window. The sun had risen and it was well past morning now. Things hadn’t been going too well for us. I wanted to show him...that things were good

I also… I think I also needed a reminder.

“Nevin, let go fishing in forest then.. Ah...we can go do the things that the dating people do?”

Nevin stared at me for a moment, and I began to get worried before he suddenly enveloped me in a warm hug, pressing my face into his chest. When he let me back, there was a smile, a real smile, on his face. “Sure, we can go fishing. And we can even go on a picnic - it's something dating people do.” He stood up and seemed to shake for a moment before walking towards the kitchen. “I'll get some stuff to go with the fish together and -” He paused, looking back at me with an odd look.

“I'm really glad you're home.” Then he hurried out with a blush on his cheeks.

Home…. I quite liked the sound of that.

Yeh this was my home now.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin thumped his head against the cool wood of a cabinet door. He knew, knew, that Eteri preferred to be a wandering soul. So why had he said “I'm glad you're home” instead of “I'm glad your back”? Eteri waaaay probably in there now trying to figure out the fastest way out of window that would have him see her.

His shoulders slumped a bit as he began to work on gathering things that might go well with fish for a picnic. One of the first things he did was get down and start searching his bottom cabinets. He knew he had it somewhere, he'd been given it as a gift by thankful customer, so where he hat bottle gotten to-

There! It had been moved to the back by the passage of time (and him shoving other things into this cabinet) but the bottle was still intact and he pulled it out. Still heavy, so it hadn't cracked and leaked. He popped it open - yes, it hadn't soured to vinegar. He grinned. Eteri had said she liked sweet alcohol, would a honey wine be sweet enough?

Nevin started crawling backwards, trying not to hit his head as he came back out. On his feet, he placed the bottle on the table, then frowned. In his excitement, the Alchemist had forgotten a rather crucial detail. He didn't have a picnic basket to carry things in. Whoops. He rubbed his chin trying to figure out a way of handling this minor detail.

Eteri wandered in, “Nevin...if this Eteri home then can Eteri have key? Sometime you lock window. Make hard go inside.” Nevin’ s eyes shot to the petite cat-girl, and he froze for a moment. Then, with a slow, unsteady shiver, he nodded as a smile cracked his lips.

“Of - of course you can, Eteri. Of course.” That was not, not what he had expected. And it warmed his heart that that was what she had to say in the matter. He moved over and hugged her tightly. “Of course you can. I might have to take it away when your next cycle comes around, but that's just so I have you to myself.” He grinned down at her, a bit of a cheeky grin twisting his lips, then he stepped back and looked at the table where he had piled the wine, some bread, and a few snacks.

“Now, Eteri. We can get your key cut after cut picnic, we’ll get it today. This is your home as much as mine. But first, we have a problem.” He gave a wave at the table.” How do we carry all this?” A sheepish smile stretched his mouth as he looked back to her.

“Easy…” She disappeared into the bedroom for a few moments and returned with her satchel around her shoulders, and a sheet. “Some can go in bag. Rest go on this.” She said as she lifted up the sheet. Nevin stared at her, dumbfounded for a moment, then laughed, his low, rolling laugh. He wiped happy tears from his eyes and smiled at her widely.

“I suppose it is that easy. Well then, let's put the wine in your satchel, that would be the worst to drop.” With that the two busied themselves packing the stuff away, Eteri showing him the best way to bundle everything up in the sheet. Nevin hefted it up and carried it out as they walked down the street, Eteri close by his side.

She was leading him once they were out of the city, her hands wrapped around one of his, tugging him along in the direction she wanted to go. It was a bit strange to Nevin - Eteri had always been more eager to run ahead, and stop to wait for him to catch up, but now she seemed almost eager to remain touching him. In the city she had practically plastered herself to his side, and now, when they were in the woods, she still had not let go of his hand. The alchemist marked it down to being afraid of being caught alone again, like Stefan had found her.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I lead him to one of my favourite places in the forest. It was just off the stone laden path, and by a river. There was a patch of soft grass. I pointed to it. “Here. Eteri - ahh… I...I love rolling in this. Very soft.” I said as I finally let go of his hand. We were away from the town now and I felt a little safer. I swore I saw familiar eyes on me, from those days I was with Stefan and it unnerved me.

I didn’t like thinking about how so many people were into such...bad things and how they were walking freely around town.

Still….

I turned to look at Nevin. He still looked pale and sweat dotted his face. Despite his tired appearance he gave me a warm smile as he placed the sheet down, laying it out like a makeshift picnic blanket.

“Good feesh here…” I commented. I then started pointing out the things I liked most about the spot. I pointed to an overhanging flat rock, “This good for sun baking and sticking feet in river.” I pointed to the very large oak tree. “This tree nice climbing tree.” (I didn’t tell him that the knot in the trunk held a number of shinies I had ‘liberated’ from people that was my hiding hole)

“And this…” I pointed to a glittery cave opposite the area. Spots of granite and amethyst poked out. “This is very pretty at night time. Is Eteri….ah...uhm...Is I? No… Is my favourite to look. When night time.”

Nevin watched quietly as I showed him everything, a tender smile curling the corners of his lips. When I finished, he stepped over and kissed my forehead. “Well then, I'm glad you like me enough to show me your favorite place, Eteri. I think I'll quite like it here myself - just don't expect me to roll in the grass, I think I'm a bit too large for that.” He grinned before slowly heading towards the river. He studied it for a moment, then scratched the back of his head, making the loose tail of hair there dance about.

I wriggled my nose, it just….danced to and fro - that’s it. THAT’S IT! I jumped him, teeth nipping the back of his neck as they closed around the loose bang of hair and I tugged back on it. “Bleh.” (Hair tastes gross)

Nevin stumbled forward at the sudden impact, and he let out a startled exclamation, a wordless noise of surprise.

He stumbled forward. No! NO! Forward was bad. Using his back as a springboard I jumped off him and he...well he inevitably fell into the water. I covered my mouth to stifle a laugh, backing far enough away from the river to avoid his long muscular arms dragging me in. “Oops!”

I headed to the picnic blanket. “Not fault. Oops…” I sat on it and started to inspect the food he had bought, still laughing to myself.